October 25, 2014 | 1880 users online

Fragrances - Bath and Body Works - Dark Kiss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a love-hate relationship with BBW. I adore them when I get great deals on scents I adore, and curse them gypsy-style when they discontinue those amazing scents. (R.I.P. Country Apple, Pearberry, Pink Grapefruit, and Tropical Passionfruit.) For a while there, there was no scent that had my attention (for whatever reason, Mandarin Mango and Black Raspberry Vanilla fall flat for me no matter how much I want to like them). That is, until Dark Kiss arrived. I happened to visit a BBW store when this scent debuted and the store smelled awesome. Berries, a hint of vanilla, and incense. When I tried it on my skin I loved the initial fruity burst that smells SIMILAR (BUT NOT EXACTLY) like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. However, the incense (which is the smokey note in this) prevents it from smelling exactly like BS's MF. For me, the incense note had to grow on me. (I burn dried white sage for spiritual reasons and that's kind of what it reminds me of.) But now that it has, I adore this scent and I have fallen in love with BBW again. But again, as someone who loves BS's Midnight Fantasy, this DOES NOT SMELL EXACTLY LIKE IT. Similar, but not exact. Think cousins, not twins.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Stinks. For me, that's it in a word.

Also, I wear Britney Spear's Midnight Fantasy, and I don't think this smells like it at all. Midnight Fantasy is pretty and light, and this smells like...well, I don't know, it just stinks.

But then again, fragrance is extremely subjective.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:22:00 AM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a free travel size coupon so I picked this out, blindly without sniffing. This fragrance is very sweet, but oddly enough I don't mind it. I wear P.S. I Love You every night and Coconut Lime Verbena everyday, so this is a nice change once in a while. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by laurie2025

Oh my. I so wanted to like this. But.... seriously. It smells like a cross between wet dog hair and old cigar smoke. NOT for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 10:18:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy in a bodycare line. I own it... and only because it smells good. So I didn't buy anything from this line, but it's a dupe. Like blueberries, musk, and orchids. A warm fruity ambery scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I picked a body splash in dark kiss as part of 3 for $10 (8oz bottles).
I liked the smell. I think BBW has downgraded the quality of their body splashes - it is more of the filler acetone/alcohol(whatever is the base) and very little fragrance. I think I am going to stop purchasing these and only stick to body lotions/hand lotions and body creams.

I am not good a describing fragrances. All i can say is it is not sickening flowery sweet nor it is too fruity.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by megelizabethmax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't get over this scent at all. It must work very well on me too because I've gotten so many compliments! I bought the $1 trial size over summer before the scent was released and came back and now have 6 products in this scent. I have never liked a Bath and Body Works scent THIS MUCH. It's not as heavy as their other "sexy/romantic" scents, but not overly flowery or citrusy like the rest. Definitely my favorite and will wear it as long as they continue to make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 3:10:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I've had a few BBW fragrances and many lotions, but never a perfume version until this one, and its because I could not get the scent out of my mind once I tested it! Its funny how so many reviews liken this to Angel, something that never occurred to me though I am a long time fan of Angel and have both on my bathroom sink right next to one another! I have worn the lotion layered under Angel, and yes, smells great:)

Back to this, I love sweet scents that are sugary in nature, but also have a more complex nature than the usual vanilla, play doh scents. I find this very sugary sweet but also to have a smoky quality, kind of cotton candy meets cigarette smoke, but in the best way possible! It may sound atrocious, but smells delicious. My DF loved this on me and got me the perfume and the lotion, when he has never really preferred one scent over another before. Like the Angel reference, some have mentioned BBW's Black Amethyst, not comparable scent wise but interesting to me in that I also love that one, and like Angel, its a scent you either love or hate. I find this scent very wearable for day to day, and also evening. The lotion is delicious smelling too. My one qualm is not enough lasting power. It might just be my chemistry though. I am visiting my mom right now, did not bring this perfume with me and after wearing it daily for a while now, wow really miss it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to B&BW for the first time ever tonight. I live in Canada and thus for years I have had to obtain all my B&BW products via swapping and online shopping. This made for a lot of buyer's remorse because I have had to purchase sight un-sniffed. I hate most gourmands and fruity fragrances. The gourmands I do like, I have to be in the mood for. Yet, I fell head over heals for this fragrance! It works so well with my body chemistry, I am amazed. It's a soft, blackberry musk. The body mist hardly smelled of anything on my skin so I spent my money on the EdT, shower gel, body cream, and lotion. It does seem reminiscent of TM Angel, but this is different enough and so much easier to wear.My husband describes it as "similar to Angel but not as blatantly sexy". I will definitely repurchase when I run out if I haven't grown tired of it.

UPDATE: Dec. 18, 2010 - I prefer the lotion, cream and shower gel over the EdT. the EdT develops into a boring, tiresome berry scent. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Freshie20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent! On me it is sweet, but dark and sexy at the same time. I smell berries, amber, musk, some kind of spicy floral smell, and vanilla but not the clean, fresh kind, but a dark, deep kind it gives more depth to the scent. I love that this scent is complex and has more a depth to it than most BBW scents. I always get compliments on this scent. I have the body wash, lotion, body cream, shimmer lotion and the body spray.