Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss

3.9

on 11/30/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Dark Kiss smelled so bad, i had to wash it off. Maybe its just my body chemistry, i liked the perfume so i figured the body butter would be fine. Wrong. I don't even know if i want to try some more on again. When at first applied it had a terribly tangy lingering smell that was just gross. My mom didn't like it either.

Typically, the important part for me is the dry down since that is what i will be smelling like. Even the dry down wasn't great. Very boring, made me yawn. Ill be returning this for a different body butter for sure.

on 11/20/2010 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

*** UPDATE - It seems women like this scent a lot but men tend to say it smells like a stripper :(

I work @ a mall and we always get things from other stores - BBW tends to give us lil' santitizers of the newest scents and we also received this scent.

When a fellow employee put this on I was immediately like what is that and she showed me the bottle and was like isn't it amazing?! I didn't know what to say ... the reviewer below me hit it on the nail!

It's very similar to Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy - which I love but I would have to add that it has a hint of pepper in it! Yes, I said pepper - I could never nail down what the notes were, I suck @ describing notes in a scent but I always had a aroma of pepper when applying this lotion @ work.

I haven't bought it and not sure I would unless it was clearanced down or on sale - definitely wouldn't play full price. Now if it was one of those amazing scents that do so well they decide without reason to discontinue such as sparkling apple, tropical passionfruit, pearberry, there was a strawberry one too, I even recall an amazing pineapple one --- those would be worth full price and the tax!

on 11/20/2010 8:12:00 PM

I love this scent! It's a very Fall-ish scent. I have the lotion and the fragrance mist. I want the shower gel, lip gloss, etc. I'm not good at describing scents but it smells like plums and berries. I could literally smell it all day because it smells amazing!

on 11/15/2010 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with BBW. I adore them when I get great deals on scents I adore, and curse them gypsy-style when they discontinue those amazing scents. (R.I.P. Country Apple, Pearberry, Pink Grapefruit, and Tropical Passionfruit.) For a while there, there was no scent that had my attention (for whatever reason, Mandarin Mango and Black Raspberry Vanilla fall flat for me no matter how much I want to like them). That is, until Dark Kiss arrived. I happened to visit a BBW store when this scent debuted and the store smelled awesome. Berries, a hint of vanilla, and incense. When I tried it on my skin I loved the initial fruity burst that smells SIMILAR (BUT NOT EXACTLY) like Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. However, the incense (which is the smokey note in this) prevents it from smelling exactly like BS's MF. For me, the incense note had to grow on me. (I burn dried white sage for spiritual reasons and that's kind of what it reminds me of.) But now that it has, I adore this scent and I have fallen in love with BBW again. But again, as someone who loves BS's Midnight Fantasy, this DOES NOT SMELL EXACTLY LIKE IT. Similar, but not exact. Think cousins, not twins.

on 11/15/2010 9:43:00 AM

Stinks. For me, that's it in a word.

Also, I wear Britney Spear's Midnight Fantasy, and I don't think this smells like it at all. Midnight Fantasy is pretty and light, and this smells like...well, I don't know, it just stinks.

But then again, fragrance is extremely subjective.

on 11/15/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had a free travel size coupon so I picked this out, blindly without sniffing. This fragrance is very sweet, but oddly enough I don't mind it. I wear P.S. I Love You every night and Coconut Lime Verbena everyday, so this is a nice change once in a while. :)

on 11/11/2010 3:22:00 PM

Oh my. I so wanted to like this. But.... seriously. It smells like a cross between wet dog hair and old cigar smoke. NOT for me.

on 11/8/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy in a bodycare line. I own it... and only because it smells good. So I didn't buy anything from this line, but it's a dupe. Like blueberries, musk, and orchids. A warm fruity ambery scent.

on 11/8/2010 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I picked a body splash in dark kiss as part of 3 for $10 (8oz bottles).
I liked the smell. I think BBW has downgraded the quality of their body splashes - it is more of the filler acetone/alcohol(whatever is the base) and very little fragrance. I think I am going to stop purchasing these and only stick to body lotions/hand lotions and body creams.

I am not good a describing fragrances. All i can say is it is not sickening flowery sweet nor it is too fruity.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I can't get over this scent at all. It must work very well on me too because I've gotten so many compliments! I bought the $1 trial size over summer before the scent was released and came back and now have 6 products in this scent. I have never liked a Bath and Body Works scent THIS MUCH. It's not as heavy as their other "sexy/romantic" scents, but not overly flowery or citrusy like the rest. Definitely my favorite and will wear it as long as they continue to make it.

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products