BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 9/23/2014 7:08:00 AM

After suffering with oily skin for many years I have tried a lot of primers for oily skin.
I have tried all ranges from Smashbox, Shiseido, Avene, Mario Badescu, and the list goes on.
My HG of anti matte primers was the Smashbox Anti Shine but they have discontinued this product which I am completely devastated about. I then stumbled across the Porefessional primer which I have seen several times but never actually tried. I ordered a sample not waning to purchase the full size in case I didn't like it. This product actually turned out great for oily skin. t help foundation stay matte all day and helps keeping you look flawless.
The only cons I have about this product is that it's a very sticky texture and you needs to work fast to apply it to your face. The other con is that it' tinted, more suitable for a medium skin tone. If you have fair skin like I do, then this product underneath your foundation will actually make you looked darker than you are.

on 9/21/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It worked on my cheeks, but my forehead and nose looked like a fried chicken after 3-4 hrs. I don't even have oily skin... My cheeks looked smooth but the product is too expensive for that. Again I'm horribly disappointed at Benefit 😟

on 9/21/2014 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

To me this primer does exactly what a primer should do: it makes your skin smooth and silky, covers pores and keeps the makeup in place. I use this under foundation and notice that it keeps the foundation very long lasting. However, I still notice theres oil on my T-zone after 3-4 hours, so the oil control power is just so-so.

Love it makes foundation stick better and stay longer, a little goes along way.

on 9/14/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Returned. I didn't like this primer, not even a lilttle bit. I have larger pores and this didn't help at all. I don't use thick foundations, I just stick to BB cream (Dr. Jart black label) and after applying this my skin looked exacly the same as if I had no primer under the BB cream.
I don't really like the texture either. But the packaging is cute.

on 9/12/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to primer, especially for the t-zone, and a little goes a long way. I have quite oily skin and visible pores on my nose, and this fills them in but doesn't make me break out at all (been using it for years and never caused a problem, and my skin is super problematic) it makes your skin feel silky and smooth and lets foundation glide on flawlessly, and in my experience definitely extends the wear-time of my foundations (even estee lauder dw which I have worn swimming and still looked good!) I also like that this is quite a thick product, I've used really runny primers and they don't seem to give as good a base as this. One thing with this product, when you think you've finished it, cut the tube in half and scrape it out, I got an extra 3 months (wearing every single day) out of mine and kick myself for not doing it with the first 2 (live and learn I guess). Really great product and as with all other benefit cosmetics products, super cute packaging and pretty good price.
xoxo Miss Skye

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this primer two weeks ago when I was in France and i obviously went to sephora since we don't have sephora in Germany but whatever :D
I had heard so much about this product (mostly positive things) but I never really looked at it in my local store before but when I was in sephora i had to try it out and couldn't believe how this product had never been on my radar before. I have combo/oily skin and I'm always looking for a good primer, why didn't i think of buying this one? So i picked it up, went back to my hotel room, removed all of my makeup and reapplied it, after putting on the porefessional.
First of all, I love how this makes my skin feel, smooth, soft and silky. It creates a very nice surface for putting foundation on. I've set my foundation with a powder and this combination kept my oils away for about five to six hours, which is amazing for my skin.
I can't really say anything about it hiding pores since I don't have that big pores but when it comes to a primer that keeps your face matte - girl, this is your product.

on 9/7/2014 4:20:00 PM

Love this! Great product. Smooth on skin! Great base before putting foundation or bb cream.

on 9/2/2014 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

There's 2 ways of using this primer.. underneath your foundation as an overall primer or on top of your makeup on troubled areas.

As an overall primer, this doesn't work for me at all. At 1st application it does covers up all my pores. Then when applied liquid foundation on top, the pores appear again! I tried many ways of applying on my foundation, gently with stippling brush.. bouncing motion with my wet beauty blender.. none works.. the pores appear again! So basically, i didnt use it under my foundation at all.

But when applied on top of my makeup (with foundation and translucent powder on), especially on areas with very big open pores, this works wonders! The pores magically disappeared and remains disappeared thru out the day. I was tempted to slather this all over my face!

I'm on the mini tube now and will definitely re-purchase the full size when mine runs out.

on 8/28/2014 5:23:00 AM

The packaging is cute which made me want to buy it. I have very small pores so it did the job for me. I only have a few on my nose. I could see this not working well for someone with more and larger pores. I love the smell also, I wouldn't continuously buy this because it's $40 and you don't get a lot of product. But it's good and if you'd like a nice affordable primer try the stay matte primer

Popular Primer/ Correctors