August 28, 2014 | 1310 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by benefitgal98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought trying out my first high end primer would be a good experience because i just stick to drugstore. Oh boy, was i wrong.

I have an extremely oily t-zone and the rest of my face is dry as a bone. If i put it on the rest of my face to get it smooth, it gets drier. If i put too much on my t-zone, it turns into a greasy mess. It also clings to dry patches i have on my forehead.

In the matter of 3 hours, my nose is really shiny again. I don't think i'll be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by boyforever

love n hate this product. skin is still oily but it hides pore a bit. pair it with foundation n its glides on easily

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

This product doesn't do much for my pores. It looks fine if you just apply on it's own, pores are smaller. but when you apply foundation over it, somehow it moves the product around and your pores are visible again.
I don't think it makes my makeup last longer either.
I am returning mine!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by blondebunne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great product if you apply correctly. I suggest patting it on lightly (only use it around my nose) before powder or BB cream and again after if you need more coverage. I wear alone when I'm tan and with a BB cream in the winter and it lasts all day for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I have an oily t-zone that becomes very oily in hot weather and at certain times of the month. I have actually had this for a long time, and I keep forgetting I have it, because it really doesn't work for me. It makes my foundation ball up. I am also oily again pretty much right after I am finished applying my makeup. It doesn't make me break out, which is why I didn't give it only 1 star.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

This is the best primer that I have used thus far. It seems to maximize my foundations and make them all look way better than they do on there own or with another primer. It also works a dream on my oily skin. I don't have particularly large pores so I can't comment on that aspect of it. I have also noticed that it stops under eye creasing a (little) better than other primers of a similar or lower price range that I have tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by BellaNotte

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not only did this primer not do anything to minimize my giant pores, it altered the color of my foundation because it has some weird tint to it. Rimmel's Stay Matte primer or Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser work (a little) better and cost much less. I've started using the Baby Skin under/over my Smashbox primer and I seem to get decent results, but no matter what I try my pores are always noticable. I wear MUFE in 123 and 153 mixed together.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is amazing. I can’t say enough about it! I have used this primer for quite a long time, I would say well over a year, and I will forever be grateful I found it! I don’t have particularly large pores, so I was looking for something that was going to increase the longevity and texture of my foundation. This definitely achieves that goal. I decided to run a little “experiment” when I was getting down to the end of this primer. I had been using it for so long that I was beginning to wonder if it was really necessary to keep using it, if there was a significant difference with and without. I have to say that YES, there is a HUGE difference! This primer makes my foundation go on flawlessly; my face looks so smooth and soft. Without it, my foundation can get patchy in places and fades rather unevenly. With this my foundation will look good for 14+ hours, compared to 8-10 hours without. It’s not necessary to use a lot of this product, so I don’t mind paying the high price. I find it also helps with oil control a fair amount, usually I get oily on my chin first, and with this the oil stays away longer. I’ve never had the problem some reviewers mentioned about it balling up, but I gently pat/smooth it in to my skin and wait a couple of minutes before applying my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with the texture and feel of this primer. It makes my skin feel silky, but not greasy (which is great, since I have naturally oily skin.) It does minimize my pores...maybe not as much as I'd like, but there's only so much that a primer can do. A little pricey for a rather small tube (not surprising since it's Benefit), but a great primer in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh my gumdrops. This product is a dream. It glides on effortlessly and does everything it promises to - minimizes the appearance of pores and fine lines without looking oily or greasy, like so many primers. It really does fill in pores, and doesn't just blur them like Baby Skin or Revlon Miracle Blur seem to. It feels as weightless and pillowy as the fluffy clouds the greek gods have sex on. Okay, now I'm just getting carried away...

Extra tip: use this, apply Loreal Magic Lumi primer, set face with the teensiest amount of translucent powder and THEN go in with your foundation. You will use far less of the latter, and your skin will look cake-free, pore-free, oil-free and totally flawless all day. Thank me later.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No