November 22, 2014 | 1641 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

You love it.....you hate it.....It works so well but its pricey. It goes on like butter and creates such a lovely canvas for your makeup. It is a skin color however you don't see any of that on your skin. This just really is a great product, just wish it was cheaper, but until I find something equivalent, guess I will keep buying it and loving it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I give two lippes because.....I believe macs primer prolongs the wear of your foundation. Rimmel London's stay matte primer prolongs the wear of your foundation. I have kinda dry/oily skin depending on the weather outside. Okay....if you ever felt what monistat feels like than that is what this poreles primer feel like. It's slippery and slippery does not = long lasting. I do think how ever that it creates a flawless poreless look...for about four hours. Lol and then....slip lol. In other words this primer is over priced...over hyped and if you got money to burn...burn it baby. But honestly you can find a better primer for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

Benefit's The POREfessional is a great product! I got it from Sephora; I have the 0.75 oz tube which costs $31, but if you just want to give it a try before spending so much, there is a new 0.25 oz "Mini" available for $10. This product is a balm to minimize the appearance of pores. I have oily skin, so naturally I have big pores. After reading about a balm that can minimize them & is oil-free, I had to try it.

I wear this to minimize pores & mattify my oily skin. I don't/can't wear it alone because even though it's supposed to be translucent, I can see a peachy white haze. I have dark skin, so that's probably why I can see it on my face. After cleansing, I apply The POREfessional to my nose, on the sides of my nose, & on my cheeks because that's where I have visible pores. I blend in it with my fingertips. It's very smooth & lightweight like most primers. Someone people use this allover to prime, but I just use it where needed, & then apply a separate primer & foundation/powder as usual.

My only complaints are that it's not really translucent on my dark/black skin & I think it's overpriced. $31 is too much for something I get less than 1 oz of. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good makeup product, but Benefit should provide a bigger package/tube for the $30+ I'm spending.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a miracle solution in a tube but it does work fairly well to a degree, I do not think there actually exists a primer that will remove evidence of pores completely and I have tried a fair few!

Iv'e had this one for quite some time and mainly just use on and around my nose, this product is best patted in for effectiveness, not rubbed on like a cream. A little does go a long way so even though the tube is by no means large it will last awhile. It has a lovely soft and smooth consistency (silicony) and makeup does glide on easily over top. It is good and does work to soften/blur the look of open pores but I don't find this extremely long wearing.

This is very comparable to Lioele Secret Pore Rich Balm which I have and enjoy using too, it has a very similar consistency and feel, I'm not sure I would repurchase Porefessional as I don't use a primer every day and have a few others to try. I also have Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder which does a good job in lieu of a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bonnielouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this in UK Elle and was super excited to try it as i had heard great things about it. Was totally disappointed. If anything it seemed to make my makeup wear/slide off earlier than usual! Also broke out in tiny, very painful pimples around my t zone. This definitely doesn't work for oily skin, wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:21:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer does an amazing job of concealing pores..... but that's about it. It doesn't work as a basic primer. It doesn't help my makeup go on better or keep it longer lasting. I am willing to spend more money on better products, but to me it isn't worth the extra money just for a primer. I've used other primers less than half the price that have worked way better (ex: the elf primer!) I love it for covering my pores and making them look less noticeable, but besides that nothing else. Isn't worth the money for me. But if your pores are your main concern, then this is the primer for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by tylerrrlauren

First thing is first, the packaging is cute which pulled me right in!
It smells really nice, has a silky feel and instantly mattifies your skin.
It makes a perfect base for any liquid/powder foundation and I found it actually makes my liquid foundation go on much smoother as opposed to without a primer at all.
You only need a small amount to cover ypur entire face, but for 30$ there isn't much product in the tube!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by AshleyKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was out looking for a primer and did a lot of research in primers and still found this to be rated a no.1 HG primer for most people. So I decided to order mine off benefit.com along with some other products - FREE Shipping to australia for orders over 125$ btw.

Anyhow, this did what it's meant to do. It concealed my pores and instantly matti-fied my face. It has a silky matt finish, which is lovely to touch. I have oily skin so this really helped with the shine. It says you can also use it on top of foundation to set it - ONLY do this if you have use it under as well. Otherwise your make-up will slide off and become patchy :(
In terms of making my make-up last longer, it's about 60% effective...

Similar feel to Lancome's primer. The only down side is the size. It's rather small and I tend to use a little more for my large face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I thought this gave my skin the most beautiful airbrushed look...for about 20 minutes and then my skin looked normal again: enlarged pores, fine lines and acne scars. This has a soft velvet feeling and it "fills" lines and pores, making them virtually undetectable, even up close. However, the effect does not last long. This would be a great product to use right before taking pictures to blur imperfections. I don't recommend it as a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by emily0794

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Disappointed. Make up feels cakey over this. Maybe I'm applying this all wrong but I don't get the hype .