Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

on 1/30/2006 7:34:00 AM

The best eyeliner. I bought the brush also, and actually look forward to putting this product on in the morning. Application is fluid, and the color is great for day. I use it at night too, but I'm pale and don't want a dramatic look. Will definitely try this product in another color. Stays put for me most of the day, and I have oily lids.

on 1/13/2006 5:09:00 PM

I wouldn't call this a gel at all ... it's more like a cream. The color is beautiful and surprisingly easy to apply. It seems like it would smudge really easily, but when it dries after 30 seconds, it stays put all day. Since I've always used eyeliner pencils, I thought this would be a big mess, and I'd have to reapply several times to get a straight line, but that's not the case at all. I definitely recommend it!

on 1/2/2006 1:15:00 PM

Yet another rave! I was surprised by how easy this was to apply. And it lasts and lasts! Gorgeous dark brown -- not as warm as I feared from the online swatches. Now I want all the colors! :)

on 12/18/2005 10:25:00 PM

This is my HG e/l. It is oerfect with every e/s, and it STAYS ON! you just have to let it set for a few seconds and you're done! Definately use this with the Liner BRush that BB sells. It is pricey- but you need to have it for proper application.

I already wrote a review for this product under the general gel eyeliner category so I'm just reviewing the shade here. This is a dark brown that would probably be considered espresso in other lines. I think this shade provides a softer look than the granite. The shade is great for day wear.

on 11/13/2005 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I used up the last of my Bobbi Brown Hunter Ink liner, so I thought I'd branch out. Love this color! I have light skin, so darker tones look very harsh. This color is on the darker side, but defines rather than sharpens my eye. I usually apply it with a Stila #13 brush or a crappy old Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush, depending on the look I'm going for, and it turns out perfect everytime and lasts forever. Bobbi Brown deserves to be in the Makeup Hall of Fame (if there was such a thing) for this product alone.

on 10/6/2005 10:50:00 AM

Very dark brown - unless applied very thinly or smudged, it makes me look very made up. It is one of my makeup staples though, or at least until I find another brown liner which turns out a little lighter on.

on 9/17/2005 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I did a review for this under just the generic "Gel Eyeliner" for Bobbi Brown. It's a good color - brown/black, not too harsh and most people can wear it. I have an olive complexion with dark hair and my sister wears this with a light complexion and blonde hair. We both have brown eyes. The violet is nice also but my sister says she can't tell the difference between the two when she wears them. I can, the violet pops more.The gel eyeliner wears very well and looks lovely. See the generic Gel Eyeliner reviews. continued >>

on 8/27/2005 6:18:00 PM

This was my first purchase in the world of gel-based eyeliners. Sepia is a deep brown color on the pot that just goes on smoothly on my lids and is very true to color. This is perfect to use for the daytime with a thin line and then amp it up for the evening with some smudging. My only complaint with this liner is that it doesn't last long on my super oily lids, even with a primer, or a shadow under or on top of it. It lasts a little longer when I apply English Ideas Liner Last on top, but I just wish I didn't have to use another product to make it last.

on 8/22/2005 7:03:00 PM

I've always heard good things about BB's gel eyeliners so I finally decided to pick this up recently when I was at the Bobbi Brown counter -- and OMG, I am soooo glad that I did! This eyeliner is amazing ... makes my eyes look really good, it STAYS PUT all day without smudging or smearing. I swear, when I wear this, by the end of the day, my eyeliner looks just as fresh as when I applied it in the morning!! I used to not bother with eyeliner because they always smeared, but not anymore ... Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner rocks and is soooo perfect ... I highly recommend it!!