October 25, 2014 | 1577 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by rmeghann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wouldn't call this a gel at all ... it's more like a cream. The color is beautiful and surprisingly easy to apply. It seems like it would smudge really easily, but when it dries after 30 seconds, it stays put all day. Since I've always used eyeliner pencils, I thought this would be a big mess, and I'd have to reapply several times to get a straight line, but that's not the case at all. I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bunnisa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yet another rave! I was surprised by how easy this was to apply. And it lasts and lasts! Gorgeous dark brown -- not as warm as I feared from the online swatches. Now I want all the colors! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Mlalak

This is my HG e/l. It is oerfect with every e/s, and it STAYS ON! you just have to let it set for a few seconds and you're done! Definately use this with the Liner BRush that BB sells. It is pricey- but you need to have it for proper application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 4:53:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

I already wrote a review for this product under the general gel eyeliner category so I'm just reviewing the shade here. This is a dark brown that would probably be considered espresso in other lines. I think this shade provides a softer look than the granite. The shade is great for day wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I used up the last of my Bobbi Brown Hunter Ink liner, so I thought I'd branch out. Love this color! I have light skin, so darker tones look very harsh. This color is on the darker side, but defines rather than sharpens my eye. I usually apply it with a Stila #13 brush or a crappy old Sonia Kashuk eyeliner brush, depending on the look I'm going for, and it turns out perfect everytime and lasts forever. Bobbi Brown deserves to be in the Makeup Hall of Fame (if there was such a thing) for this product alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by funky_fried

Very dark brown - unless applied very thinly or smudged, it makes me look very made up. It is one of my makeup staples though, or at least until I find another brown liner which turns out a little lighter on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 12:30:00 AM More reviews by ldybach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did a review for this under just the generic "Gel Eyeliner" for Bobbi Brown. It's a good color - brown/black, not too harsh and most people can wear it. I have an olive complexion with dark hair and my sister wears this with a light complexion and blonde hair. We both have brown eyes. The violet is nice also but my sister says she can't tell the difference between the two when she wears them. I can, the violet pops more.The gel eyeliner wears very well and looks lovely. See the generic Gel Eyeliner reviews. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2005 6:18:00 PM More reviews by leira

This was my first purchase in the world of gel-based eyeliners. Sepia is a deep brown color on the pot that just goes on smoothly on my lids and is very true to color. This is perfect to use for the daytime with a thin line and then amp it up for the evening with some smudging. My only complaint with this liner is that it doesn't last long on my super oily lids, even with a primer, or a shadow under or on top of it. It lasts a little longer when I apply English Ideas Liner Last on top, but I just wish I didn't have to use another product to make it last.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 7:03:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I've always heard good things about BB's gel eyeliners so I finally decided to pick this up recently when I was at the Bobbi Brown counter -- and OMG, I am soooo glad that I did! This eyeliner is amazing ... makes my eyes look really good, it STAYS PUT all day without smudging or smearing. I swear, when I wear this, by the end of the day, my eyeliner looks just as fresh as when I applied it in the morning!! I used to not bother with eyeliner because they always smeared, but not anymore ... Bobbi Brown's gel eyeliner rocks and is soooo perfect ... I highly recommend it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by sarah1029

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so happy with this product! I've been through a ton of eyeliners in the past where I've been really dissapointed. Liquid liners can be harsh, and pencil liners are always smudging. This product lasts as long as a liquid liner but with a softer look. Loooove it!

update: not as fond of it as I used to be. It sometimes irritates my eyes and it dries up really really quickly.