September 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Meggielouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. I love wearing red lipstick. But I have always hated how easily it smears all over my clothes and my face. I have never used a lip stain so I tried this in the "gothic" (red) shade and it is incredible! It isn't thick or sticky like lipstick. and the balm keeps my lips from getting dry and gives it a glossy finish. It lasted me all day which is even better because I'm so busy with school. & it's kiss safe so the boys will be happy. ;3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Illiamai

I got "Forbidden" and I really love the color. But it seems as if after a few applications that the lipstain doesn't work anymore or it's just gives less of a vibrant color. The balm part isn't that great. I guess it somewhat helps because my lips get a bit dry from the lipstain. I would give it a 3.5, but I won't round it up to a 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

No way this actually stays on for 8 hours like they say. Maybe I'm more of a lip-licker than intended for the product, but I think expecting it to stay for 8 hours is just silly.

That said, I can expect to not worry about my lips for about 4 hours. I get a nice pink color on my lips and I really enjoy the way it looks.

I'll definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First I tried the color "Mystical" and then I tried the color "Instinct." I am not at happy with how dark they look on me, I look like a goth chick and I thought I was picking the lighter colors. The color on the tube is not the same color on my lips. I wonder if I could return it somewhere? Does Rite Aid buy back bad makeup still? It was on sale and I still feel like I wasted my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by lhard57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always write you when I am dissatisfied with your product. So I wanted to let you know I am very satisfied with this product. Thank you. I may not always use the lip moisturizer tip, part of it. But I like the Lip color side!
My only situation is I don't see how to get more of the color out??? Or am I not suppose to have to?
Anyway, I still like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I've been loving the idea of a lipstain for a while, but haven't managed to find one that works for me yet, and this one unfortunately is another dud-on me, anyway. I tried this in Instinct, which is a soft mauve-pink color, a little grayish. It is a tube that looks like a magic marker with lip balm at one end, and the applicator actually does feel like a felt tip-therein lies the problem, for me. The tip seems to absorb all the color instead of depositing it on the lips, and it wears away within minutes-no lasting power whatsoever. This color barely showed up on my lips-I couldn't even tell I was wearing any when I first put it on. It also does not seem to be capable of being layered to intensify the color, but rubs off the first layer underneath when you try. I did give it two lippies for the balm end, which is very softening and feels nice on the lips. Oh well-the search continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

Just Bitten Lipstain in Twilight
PROS:
- Stays on my lips FOR EVER! My boyfriend was terrified at first, but it didn't transfer at all (=happy boyfriend)!
- Lip balm is moisturising and gives a nice sheen to the lips.
CONS:
- Such a hassle to apply! Because of its staying power it is really unforgiving when you make a mistake.
- The colour on the tube is NOT the colour you get - it's much much darker and made me look like a goth i.e. very ill. If I want the colout to look lighter, I have to be really careful while I apply it, which takes forever.
- The felt tip applicator leaves streaky lines on my lips and is too hard to apply lip product in my opinion.
- It's a female dog to remove at night - I know it's a stain, but I thought at least makeup remover would do it.... well, it doesn't.
- The packaging is horrible. Even before I had properly removed the plastic, the lid slid off the lip balm end and the balm broke off!
- The lip balm was moisturising when I first put it on, but it vanished really fast and left my lips drier and flakier than before.
- At 7.99 I think it's too expensive for what it is.
VERDICT:
NOT an on-the-go product like I thought!
NOT forgiving when it comes to application mistakes or slighty dry lips.
NOT for those scared of dark, dramatic colours.
Will NOT repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kay13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! Had my eye on it for a while and finally caved in and bought it. While I hate spending $10 on a drugstore product, walgreen's was having a buy one get one half of sale. I got it in the color Passion. It shows up as the prettiest pink on my lips, and i love that it has a balm. The packaging is the best I've seen for lipstains. Might go back and get it in another color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupgirl217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a lip stain fanatic and Just Bitten is my favorite drugstore stain I have found. I would even say this is a better stain my Smashbox or Mac ones I have had in the past, I would have given it a 5 but the balm is so disappointing. Like most everyone else, it is too easily broken, smashed, and dinged. As far as the tint portion I think it is awesome. This is a tint which means it must be applied to exfoliated, clean, dry lips. No liner, no balm, no primer. To apply the color I trace the outside edge of my lip and then fill the middle, slightly overlapping. I hold the brush kind of on its side not on the top.Then once the color is dried, I apply my favorite gloss. I do not use the balm. I love "Dawn" the best. "Midnight" is super deep for fall. "Gothic" is a true red. The only color so far that I have not really cared for was "Flame". I was hoping for an orange tone but rather is was quite pink. As far as wearability, it is comfortable and lasts. It has to have a gloss product on top to keep from drying out. So far I have bought 8 of these. I am not sure how long the tint will last but it is a much better product than Covergirl Outlast. I bought mine when Walgreens had a 40% off Revlon.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by SweetLash

I have this in Passion and I love the how striking the color applies on my dark pigmented lips. I've tried other lip tints from Maybelline and Covergirl and out of all 3, Revlon takes first place. It has very good staying power and the balm is quite moisturizing, is fragrance free and I feel it locks in the color.With most lip tints, they can be drying so, having the balm is really necessary. Without the balm the color lasts, for me at least. When I swatched this on my finger it took alot of work just to take the color out. Even with soap and water...this stuff stayed on my finger. I do have a complaint about the how little balm they provide and how poorly packaged the balm is. I hate how exposed the tiny amount of balm is. If you are not careful, you might break it off. Other than the packaging faux pas with the balm, it is a great product. I am looking forward to purchasing more shades.