November 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by karencilla9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in "Crave" and I was dissapointed about everything: cheap looking packaging, uneven application (you need to use your fingers, itīs a mess), dark horrible color and the worst of all, it gave me a really bad allergic reaction on my lips: I had tiny blisters on my lips for about two weeks after just ONE aplication and I must say that I have never had an allergic reaction to make up. This belongs to the trash can.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Meggielouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product. I love wearing red lipstick. But I have always hated how easily it smears all over my clothes and my face. I have never used a lip stain so I tried this in the "gothic" (red) shade and it is incredible! It isn't thick or sticky like lipstick. and the balm keeps my lips from getting dry and gives it a glossy finish. It lasted me all day which is even better because I'm so busy with school. & it's kiss safe so the boys will be happy. ;3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Illiamai

I got "Forbidden" and I really love the color. But it seems as if after a few applications that the lipstain doesn't work anymore or it's just gives less of a vibrant color. The balm part isn't that great. I guess it somewhat helps because my lips get a bit dry from the lipstain. I would give it a 3.5, but I won't round it up to a 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

No way this actually stays on for 8 hours like they say. Maybe I'm more of a lip-licker than intended for the product, but I think expecting it to stay for 8 hours is just silly.

That said, I can expect to not worry about my lips for about 4 hours. I get a nice pink color on my lips and I really enjoy the way it looks.

I'll definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by EmberAmber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First I tried the color "Mystical" and then I tried the color "Instinct." I am not at happy with how dark they look on me, I look like a goth chick and I thought I was picking the lighter colors. The color on the tube is not the same color on my lips. I wonder if I could return it somewhere? Does Rite Aid buy back bad makeup still? It was on sale and I still feel like I wasted my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by lhard57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always write you when I am dissatisfied with your product. So I wanted to let you know I am very satisfied with this product. Thank you. I may not always use the lip moisturizer tip, part of it. But I like the Lip color side!
My only situation is I don't see how to get more of the color out??? Or am I not suppose to have to?
Anyway, I still like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, I've been loving the idea of a lipstain for a while, but haven't managed to find one that works for me yet, and this one unfortunately is another dud-on me, anyway. I tried this in Instinct, which is a soft mauve-pink color, a little grayish. It is a tube that looks like a magic marker with lip balm at one end, and the applicator actually does feel like a felt tip-therein lies the problem, for me. The tip seems to absorb all the color instead of depositing it on the lips, and it wears away within minutes-no lasting power whatsoever. This color barely showed up on my lips-I couldn't even tell I was wearing any when I first put it on. It also does not seem to be capable of being layered to intensify the color, but rubs off the first layer underneath when you try. I did give it two lippies for the balm end, which is very softening and feels nice on the lips. Oh well-the search continues!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Yrie

Just Bitten Lipstain in Twilight
PROS:
- Stays on my lips FOR EVER! My boyfriend was terrified at first, but it didn't transfer at all (=happy boyfriend)!
- Lip balm is moisturising and gives a nice sheen to the lips.
CONS:
- Such a hassle to apply! Because of its staying power it is really unforgiving when you make a mistake.
- The colour on the tube is NOT the colour you get - it's much much darker and made me look like a goth i.e. very ill. If I want the colout to look lighter, I have to be really careful while I apply it, which takes forever.
- The felt tip applicator leaves streaky lines on my lips and is too hard to apply lip product in my opinion.
- It's a female dog to remove at night - I know it's a stain, but I thought at least makeup remover would do it.... well, it doesn't.
- The packaging is horrible. Even before I had properly removed the plastic, the lid slid off the lip balm end and the balm broke off!
- The lip balm was moisturising when I first put it on, but it vanished really fast and left my lips drier and flakier than before.
- At Ģ7.99 I think it's too expensive for what it is.
VERDICT:
NOT an on-the-go product like I thought!
NOT forgiving when it comes to application mistakes or slighty dry lips.
NOT for those scared of dark, dramatic colours.
Will NOT repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kay13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! Had my eye on it for a while and finally caved in and bought it. While I hate spending $10 on a drugstore product, walgreen's was having a buy one get one half of sale. I got it in the color Passion. It shows up as the prettiest pink on my lips, and i love that it has a balm. The packaging is the best I've seen for lipstains. Might go back and get it in another color!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by makeupgirl217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a lip stain fanatic and Just Bitten is my favorite drugstore stain I have found. I would even say this is a better stain my Smashbox or Mac ones I have had in the past, I would have given it a 5 but the balm is so disappointing. Like most everyone else, it is too easily broken, smashed, and dinged. As far as the tint portion I think it is awesome. This is a tint which means it must be applied to exfoliated, clean, dry lips. No liner, no balm, no primer. To apply the color I trace the outside edge of my lip and then fill the middle, slightly overlapping. I hold the brush kind of on its side not on the top.Then once the color is dried, I apply my favorite gloss. I do not use the balm. I love "Dawn" the best. "Midnight" is super deep for fall. "Gothic" is a true red. The only color so far that I have not really cared for was "Flame". I was hoping for an orange tone but rather is was quite pink. As far as wearability, it is comfortable and lasts. It has to have a gloss product on top to keep from drying out. So far I have bought 8 of these. I am not sure how long the tint will last but it is a much better product than Covergirl Outlast. I bought mine when Walgreens had a 40% off Revlon.