December 22, 2014 | 1617 users online

Conditioner - Aussie - Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Brittany123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the Aussie products with the unique scent (to me, they all have this coconutty, vanilla scent), I've used their shampoos and conditioners before and they worked great considering the less expensive prices. Maybe I was expecting too much from the leave-in conditioner, but am kind of disappointed because it doesn't really leave my hair smooth nor detangle them well. Maybe it's because I have long, VERY thin hair that is easy to be tangled. Anyhow, I'm not sure why but when the weather started to get hotter and humid in summer, the product left a really weird, dusty smell on my hair that had made me just stop using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick and healthy hair that doesn't require a heavy leave in conditioner. I use this product in the winter to give a little moisture and keep me sane during the long Midwestern winters with the lovely scent. It doesn't offer a lot of moisturizing, so if you're looking for that super silky feel after applying your leave in conditioner, skip over this one. It's a spritz type bottle, not a spray, so it's kind of hard to get all of your hair. A great way to use this, I've found, is for the nights I fell asleep with my hair still styled or up. I wake up to an unslightly bump in my hair or that telltale wrinkle in my hair of a ponytail, I just spritz this and brush it out. It's less harsh than water and works great!
Overall, not the best CONDITIONER, but a good product to have on hand regardless, especially since it's so cheap. It's big enough that I don't think I'll repurchase even after using it up.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Chlox19

Okay so ive been using this product for the last 2 years or so, why i have no idea. To be totally honest it doesnt do much for my hair, i just really love the smell. Will start looking for alternative leave in sprays i think!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

First, the ingredients on my bottle are different than the ingredients listed above. Here are the ingredients from my bottle:

Water, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Silk Extract, Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth 12, Polyquaternium 11, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 80, Aminomethyl Propanol, Citric Acid

I have been curious to try this out but haven't until now. I have had great success with spary leave-ins on my dry, baby fine, curly 3b/3a hair in the past. For several years I only used Pantene along with their spray leave-in treatment that they discontinued even before they revamped their line recently. My hair was happy with it, but I had to move on. Sigh. Stupid Pantene.

Anyway, I recently finished a bottle of Aveeno's Nourish + Condition Leave-In Treatment and liked it very much except for one thing: FRIZZ!!! It was great at conditioning but left my hair puffy and frizzy at the roots. I was considering repurchasing but figured I'd try this first since it was 1/2 the price and I didn't like the FRIZZ factor with the Aveeno.

Pros:
*Hair feels conditioned and stronger. My hair was soft when I first sprayed but dried a bit firmer than usual. I'm guessing it's from the Aloe Vera which is often used for hold as well as conditioing. Not a problem for me with fine hair who needs a bit of firmness, but might be an issue for someone with coarse hair who wants their hair softer.

*Actually decreased my frizz a bit!!! And it certainly didn't cause more. Again, probably from the Aloe Vera.

*Scent: I have a love/hate scent with both Aussie & Herbal Essences. I don't like super sweet, fruity scents unless I'm in the mood for them(rare). Even so, this works so well I'd be willing to tolerate it. At least it doesn't smell bad.

*Easy to find & very affordable. I bought my bottle for $3.

Cons:

*Not softening. Not really a problem for me as I need a bit more firmness for my baby fine hair. But it could be a problem for someone who has coarse hair and wants more softness.

*Scent. It's REALLY sweet. And it lingers. And every time I turn my head, it's there. I worry about the day I use this when I'm on the verge of a migraine. I feel it will bring it on full blast, but I'll update if it becomes a problem.

*Could be a *bit* more conditioning. I LOVED how both the Pantene & Aveeno leave-in sprays really felt like they "treated" my hair. This seems like their little sister: super sweet candy scent, not as effective, cheaper, not really a "grown up" leave-in treatment. But it's still related in that it works pretty well anyway(good genetics?).

I chose that I would repurchase, but if I find another spray leave-in that actually treats my hair, smells better, and doesn't increase my frizz(better yet- controls it!), then I would use that instead. Until then, I'll use this because it does work *AND* decreases frizz. Maybe I should be less picky?

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by lovemeorhateme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so i just bought this product and i found it that it wasnt quite moisturizing enough for my course, wavy, and dry hair. I bought this product because im running really low on my Garnier Fructis Leave-in Conditioning Cream which im in love with. I really LOVE the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and thought that i would like this. I like the fact that it detangles my easily snarled hair and how it smells delicious (yes i do like the smell of it) But like i said, its just not moisturizing enough. I also found that the spray nozzle is sometimes hard do push down. Im thinking that just because i dont like to waste products, that i will squeeze a couple of drops out of my Garnier Fructis one and hope that it will make the Aussie leave in conditioner a bit more moisturizing. I will most definitely be repurchasing my Garnier Fructis leave in conditioning cream. Hope that I helped =D

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is basically tropically scented water. I feel like it does nothing for my hair. I like to spray my hair with a leave in at night to give it some moisture after heat styling during the day and this hardly works. My hair still feels quite crunchy after it does. It does a very minimal job at giving my hair moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover11

i'm on my second bottle of this ever since i bought my first one five months ago ! i love this stuff so much. i use it everyday on the ends of my hair along with my tresemme heat tamer spray no matter what i do to my hair that day. i used to have super dry, damaged hair from heat styling but ever since i started using the two products, my hair has improved so much. it's a lot softer and silkier now.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by heatherinac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Boring and umimpressive product! I have only purchased it once and I am using it just to use it. It does absolutely nothing to my hair. As of right now, I use it as a water bottle because that's what I feel it is. Amazing scented water. I like the smell of it so it's nice to use as just something to put in your hair but save your money (all $2) if you don't really need it because you won't see any results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by alittlebitoflove91

I LOVE IT! i went from my 20$ name brand spray to THIS 2$ cheap drugstore spray.. i love it! it works SO much better than my salon spray that i've been using for years! this leaves my hair smelling AWESOME too! it allowed my natural curls to come out FRIZZ FREE! all i did was spray in after my shower, combed it through and scrunched it a bit! i'm so glad it's only a few dollars because i'd pay SO MUCH MORE for it! i'm obsessed with the smell. this is DEFINITELY my new obsession :) and its SO cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good, basic, lightweight, spray in conditioner. It's good for adding softness, detangle, and it smells summery and I think helps protect from heat.
I still use my Redken All Soft conditioner but spray in the Aussie before blowdrying to protect (my hair is damaged and dry from coloring/heat) and add softness. For the price it works great as a *lightweight* conditioner in the summer (I swim and also worry about sun/wind damage).
I will definatly buy again.
I also use this on my two daughters hair, they are 9 and 13, helps with tangles and helps lightly moisturize their hair.