Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, olive fruit oil, oat kernel protein, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, lanolin, tocopherol, nettle leaf powder, rosemary powder, chlorophyll, fragrance

on 8/5/2006 10:30:00 AM

I've used a sample packet of this hair treatment a few years ago and it was an awful experience. This avocado hair treatment has a thick, waxy, gooey consistency. Therefore I had some hard time applying it evenly through my hair. The application was messy. And I had to rinse it off several times since it left my hair sticky, with an odd waxy/tacky "coating". Unpleasant!

I was not too fond of the scent either (reminds me of an orange-scented floor cleaner...ugh!). And it did nothing special to either condition or improve my hair. In one word: terrible! I would certainly not buy this mask. Luckily I didn't have to pay for this trial size. continued >>

on 8/4/2006 11:03:00 AM

I've used this about 3 times and kind of like it and kind of don't. It's pretty greasy and heavy, so it's not something I'd use too often, but once a month or so I do like it instead of a regular DT. I don't like packaging like that because after you use it a few times it gets all crinkly and hard to read. But that doesn't affect how it works in your hair. I would re-purchase, but again, it won't replace my creamy DTs that I use weekly.

on 7/22/2006 5:25:00 PM

This treatment left my hair soo shiny and smooth. I have to make sure I wash it all out though or else it leaves my hair greasy. I had the old packaging which was like a metal tube o it hurt my hands when I tried to squeeze it out but they repackaged it in plastic now.

on 7/15/2006 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Smells gorgeous and leaves my hair lovely and soft.. In fact, I cant think why I dont use it more often! *goes to dig tube out of cupboard*

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best hair conditioner I have ever used. I love the smell and he texture. I use it once a week and apply it before I take my dog for a long Sunday walk and then I wash it out when I come back. I don't use conditioner after using the treatment. I am in Australia, and the only stockist of this product has gone out of business. I used to pay AU$30 for a tube, however, even at this price it was worth it. I bought a number of tubes before they closed their doors for the last time.

on 7/1/2006 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I adore the avocado hair treatment, and I was absolutely giddy to find it at the Bath and Body Works semi-annual. I don't use it as a pre-shampoo, though. I prefer to use it as a scrunching gel instead. A little goes a long way. Too much and you'll have a greasy head for sure.

on 5/24/2006 11:09:00 AM

I've used this for quite a while and it works pretty well for me. I have thick, wavy hair that is quite healthy. The ends get dry and broken since my hair is pretty long, but I wash my hair every other day and let it air dry. I use the avocado hair treatment about once a week and put it on before I go to bed, using a towel on my pillow. When I wash my hair the next day, the ends are a lot smoother and softer. The smell is fairly pleasant. The consistency is thick and gooey, but if I rub it in my palms for a few minutes, it goes on quite easily. Sometimes I skip an extra day between washing, and then I leave this on if I'm just hanging out at home. I wouldn't recommend this product for fine or limp hair.

on 5/15/2006 6:04:00 PM

I have dry, damaged hair. To make matters worse, it's curly, and I dye it. I try to use this product once a week, but it is kind of a pain becasue it's a rather time consuming promise. It's hard to distribute through your hair becasue it's very thick. Once distributed and combed through, I use a showercap and a towel and try to keep it on for as long as possible. Usually at least an hour. I love the results I get, my hair is so easy to get a comb though after I was it out, and the results last through a washing or two. It does make my hair get greasy a little quicker than normal though, so I would not reccomend it to anyone who has issues with greasy hair. I find the smell to be absolutly horrible, to the point of making me sick if I smell it too much. Other than that, I love the product.

on 3/29/2006 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I have dry curly hair that is about 50% silver and almost chin length when wet. I put about a teaspoon in my hand and emulsify it a little with water before putting it on my hair and distributing it. I leave it on while I shower and then wash it out with Creme of Nature shampoo. I love what it does to my hair. Sometimes I wet my hair and put some on with a shower cap while I do chores around the house. Not too cute, but it really helps my dry hair. I also have some of the Burt's Bees Cocoanut Foot Creme that I think I'll try after reading one of the reviews here at MUA.

on 3/11/2006 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've tried many of Burt's products, but this is my favorite next to the lip balm and coconut foot lotion. I leave it on my hair with the shower cap while I do my chores, and it conditions my hair wonderfully. I also use a pea-sized amount to control static and fly aways. I love the smell. Please note that the directions state that you are to apply the conditioner to wet hair PRIOR to shampooing. A lot of the negative reviews mention greasy residue and not being able to thoroughly rinse it away. If you use the conditioner before you shampoo, you will not have greasy/ sticky hair. The product is designed so that you shampoo after your deep-condition.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products