December 22, 2014 | 1329 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Super cool! I love it. I always tend to break hair elastics when putting my hair in a bun, but with these it's so simple and nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are the best thing for putting your hair up and forgetting about it. My hair is fine but there's alot of it and I was tired of elastoc bands and hair pins so Spin Pins are the perfect tool for a messy bun. Twist these little devils in and they stay put all day. Like that they come in colors for different hair. Great invention!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I love these although I wish they were a little shorter for fine hair. I have fine blonde hair that's a couple inches past my shoulders. When I wear these, they will stick out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch past my bun. But they are so simple, you use it as you would a corkscrew. My hair is fine and I don't have any problems with it falling out that much. I keep one set in my camper and one set at home, that's how much I like them. Much better than Goody's updo one that shaped like a giant curved U. I've had no luck with that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by jessadores

I am so glad I bought these. I have thick hair that I've been growing out and it's just past my waist. It holds up buns perfectly and even lasts through workouts (including jumping jacks) even elastics or clips don't do this.The only thing that works to keep my hair up is a ponytail but then it dents my hair, these do not. I've even worn these to bed and my hair still doesn't have dents the next day. Yes, they are a little pricey like others say for what you're getting but IMO worth it. I do have to say that when my hair is straight it does not hold as tight, but still good.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by autumnsylver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought these today, and like a lot of other people, I can't get my hair to stay up in these. I have very thick straight hair about 2 inches past my shoulders.
I can't put my hair in a bun with regular bobby pins because my hair is so thick that it pushes the pins out. That's why I bought these spin pins.
I have tried them several times. As soon as I let go of my hair after twisting the pins in, it falls down again.
When my hair falls out of the pins, they are hard to get out again, and it's frustrating.
I just tried them again, and I thought I was having success, even though my hair didn't feel very secure. That only lasted about 5 seconds, when my hair started falling out of the pins again.
Don't waste your money on these. Get a bun clip or a regular hair clip instead. It works much better.
Edit: I tried putting my hair up with a ponytail elastic before putting the pins in, and it works much better that way, so I'm changing my rating from 1 to 3.
Edit #2: After leaving my hair up in the pins for a while with a ponytail elastic, it slowly falls out of the pins. These things are truly useless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by leslieb

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can not live without these. I have long hair to about the small off my back and this holds it up. I wear these around the house instead of elastic bands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by krista04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this product is great! I am someone who struggles with simple braids so I def could not do buns. My cousin had a spin pin and showed me how to use it and bam! I can even shake my head back and forth and it will not fall out. Looks great for work-can make it tight or loose. highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Sara7777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love these things! My hair is just short of shoulder length, with layers, so essentially not long enough to put up in a bun really, but these work for me. I hesitated, because of the length of my hair, but it was a great purchase in the end. These pins are the most secure way I've found to keep my hair up without (and probably also with) an elastic. The end result on my barely medium length hair is messy, but in a good way. I still need to pin the sides for a decent look, but that's just about the length of my hair, not the product. Unlike elastic or even most clips, these don't destroy the curl in my hair, either, as long as I put them after my hair is dry. Usually, if I put up my hair, it's a frizzy mess after I take it down, but not with spin pins.

Word of warning, the light color is pretty darn light. I decided in the end that light was still the better color match for my dark strawberry blonde hair, but it wasn't an obvious decision, unusually. They mostly don't show anyway, even with hair my length.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by SLynn687

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love these things! I have extremely thick, slightly wavy hair (when blow dried its straight). In the summer I'm always putting my hair up just to keep it off my neck and thus my temperature down. Usually that means destroying my hair by constantly using hair ties. Not anymore! This holds my hair up and keeps it there! Bobby pins never worked for me unless I used like, 50. Two of these and I'm good to go! Works when my hair is wet or dry. Definitely recommend :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes for the Spin Pin because I am constantly putting my fine, curly, slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length hair back in an effort to control and subdue it, but truthfully found it no more "magical" or better at keeping my hair up than a couple of bobby pins. I feel like it was a little "heavy" in my hair, causing me to keep reaching back and untwist and retwist it. Eventually, I lost one of the halves, which is typical for bobby pins but since this is more expensive than a package of those bummed me out....I can see how it would be a boon for THICK, straight or wavy hair that needs multiple pins to stay up, but alas--that is not mine, and so it is back to straight pins for me as they are more versatile (can be used in front, with rollers, etc.).