Rimmel Blush - Santa Rose 001

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

MICA, TALC, DIMETHICONE, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL DIMETHYL PABA, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, ISOPROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN. [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR/: TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), IRON OXIDES (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), D&C RED NO. 30 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI73360), D&C RED NO. 7 CALCIUM LAKE (CI15850), ULTRAMARINES (CI77007), D&C RED NO. 6 BARIUM LAKE (CI15850), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI77510), CARMINE (CI75470), FD&C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI42090), D&C RED NO. 28 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI45410), D&C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE (CI19140)].

on 12/13/2010 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this blush a lot. I don't like to look like im wearing makeup, I just want to make my face look a little brighter/more alive so I like how this looks pretty natural. I don't need to use much, and it goes on very nicely. It's a light enough color that I don't think you could mess up putting it on even if you're horrible at applying makeup. Another thing I like about it is that it has only a slight amount of shimmer, I don't like blush that makes me look like I rubbed glitter all over my cheeks. It's a great price and I think this color would look good on just about anyone (I have tan skin with yellow undertones). Plus the compact size is nice since I don't use the brushes that come with blushes anyway.

on 11/30/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

So, I bought this bc i had been searching for dupes or cheap alternatives to favs of makeup addicts like me but unlike them, im pretty poor. So i always hear bout Nars blushes & the ever so famous 'Orgasm' & i saw that rimmel santa rose blush was a dupe for it. I kept eyeing it up then my local walmart changed to all new packaging so i thought id missed out bc some other older mono blushes arent available but thank goodness- Santa Rose is available!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Rimmel Lasting Finish single blushes are available in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as some mass stores like Target & Walmart. This as well as price will vary depending on your location as well as sales, discounts, coupons, and deals. These are priced decently, ive seen them around $4-6 which i think is a fair price!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Santa Rose is a gorgeous coral peach pink blush. This has been compared to Nars Orgasm, which we all know is an universally flattering blush. This may be close, i dont own Nars so i cant tell you for sure but i do know, this blush is BEAUTIFUL!! i have very pale skin & this gives my cheeks a natural peach pink glow. There is some very finely milled neutral shimmer but it gives more of a sheen to skin. I prefer matte blushes but this one is just fine with me! With my pale skin, this gives me a healthy natural glow. The formula is soft, smooth, applies and blends so well. The blushes are pressed well but not to hard with no fillers. So these will apply well w/ any brush of choice. The blushes do wear for around 4-5 hrs before any fading occurs. If you have more oily skin, then id def suggest priming & maybe even pairing this w/ a cream blush that way, you will get better wear out of it. I have normal skin & i even use cream blushes underneath esp when i want my blushes to stay put for hours. I think they perform well esp considering ive had way worse. The blush can go on sheer or built up for more intensity. This is what i love about this blush, i dont have to worry about looking like i got a glob of blush on since the color & formula is perfect in a swipe of blush but still looks great if you build it up a little! This blush will be perfect for everyone, from the pale pretties to the bronzed beauties. Def can wear this year round with nearly any eye look as well. So yes, i def love this blush and wear it ALOT! since i can wear it summer, spring, fall winter and rock a neutral or smoky eyes! def a must have esp if you are looking for a blush similar to Orgasm & can never afford it like me!
=PACKAGING=
The Rimmel Lasting Finish Blendable Powder blushes come in a square like compact that can fit in the palm of my hands. This is made of hard plastic- the backing is black with labeling info & shade name can be found on the back as well. The top that snaps shut or pulls open has the rimmel logo on it as well. Its nice to see which blush is inside esp if you have more than one of these blushes. Inside they have included a brush which i think is useless but if you can use it, great! i wish they just give us more blush. The pan of blush takes up the rest of the compact. The pan is good size and it runs pretty deep. This contains .15oz of blush which is a good amount. What i love about most Rimmel products is the engravement of the Rimmel crown in the product which will eventually disappear with use. But i love it, its so cute! So the packaging is def updated. Its not the greatest but it works. These are small enough to fit into any bag/purse but contain a decent amount of blush. I havent made a dent in mine yet, the crown is still there.
Overall, I love Santa Rose! This blush will work for anyone and everyone & its gorgeous color and i def have got my use out of it! i can wear it year round and it always gives my cheeks such a beautiful glow! Its perfect! Will def repurchase if i ever get through it and recommend to anyone! esp those who are pale & are very wary of most blushes, this will work for you!

on 11/30/2010 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A light dusting of this blush and I'm good to go. It looks nice and natural on my fair skin tone. I put it on over my sunscreen and it lasts all day. Nice price too.

on 10/22/2010 11:13:00 AM

I have a hard time finding a blush that works well for my skin tone....I'm pretty fair. This color works well as long as I go easy and don't put too much on. A con to this blush...no matter what color you choose..is that it doesn't stay on thru my work day...I have to reapply several times a day. I have combination skin so it may just be me. I would recommend this product though...you can get several colors for the price of one name brand blush.

Lovely pink blush that would suit any skin tone. Pigmentation is awesome, leaving a slight sheen (there's shimmers in it but hardly noticeable on the skin as it's very subtle and natural).

Packaging could be better, doesn't some with a brush but having said that this can be easily applied flawlessly with your fingers because the powder is very fine.

I would definitely repurchase this blush because it's at a decent price point, is quite buildable and long lasting.

on 10/21/2010 3:24:00 PM

I really like this blush, it gives my pale skin a nice natural warm pink-ish glow, maybe a little peach. It looks a bit shimmery in the pan but it isn't noticeable on the face. I do find the blush a bit powdery but it picks up easily and is fairly pigmented. It also blends really nicely. I got it on sale for $3 so it wasn't a bad price. I don't really like the clear plastic packaging that is popular with drugstore brand but it is fine. The brush it comes with is useless.

on 10/14/2010 6:47:00 AM

First - this has the worst ever packaging and the blush quality is not that great either, it's a mess when you swipe your brush into it. About the blush itself, I got this for $8 and seriously, what a bargain for such a beautiful color! I love using it just for contouring and just either add a little bronzer, or just leave it by itself. Both ways, looks great. This reminds me of a NARS shade as well, but can't really say Orgasm. But this is a really subtle, lovely color and suits every complexion! And like one of the other reviewers said, it keeps your face simple and not too busy - you get to overdo your eyes/lips a little bit with this blush! I'll buy it again, though the packaging is so poor, its so cheap and it stays on your face for 10 hours!

on 10/10/2010 9:36:00 PM

Loooooove this blush! Unlike a lot of powder blushes I've tried, it's not chunky at all, the powder is very fine so it's really easy to diffuse the blush into your skin. It gives me the most beautiful natural, subtle rosy cheeks. At first I thought the color was too dark/brownish for me, but it looks nice and pink on the skin, almost a cinnamon-y color. The brush is also actually better than it appears, but it applies the color in a very concentrated manner so be careful. Thanks Rimmel :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is really, really nice! I just took it off my sister, who wasn't using it, and it's a great match for me. It's a nice beige pink, really soft and flattering. I've also got a little square one without a brush and it's a nice size for my brush.

on 8/5/2010 11:49:00 AM

I've used Rimmel lip glosses, mascara, and blush and I'm really liking their products so far. The glosses in particular are really nice and not too sticky. This is my favourite blush at the moment. I have been trying to find a good shade for awhile. I have very fair skin with some light freckles and I tend to like pinkish hues. I was using L'Oreal Bare Naturale in Pinched Pink but found it to be far too pink and the packaging was inconvenient. Then I moved on to NARS in Deep Throat, but found that to be too peach and too pigmented for my fair skin. It also has lots of sparkles and given that I have oily skin, I like to stay away from being too sparkly. So, I've concluded that for an everyday natural shade of blush what works best for me is a pinkish nude shade with little to no sparkle. I've been meaning to try NARS Orgasm (that is supposedly a pink/peach or pink/coral), but I live in a really rural part of Canada that doesn't offer much in the way of makeup selection. So it's hard for me to get different brands without resorting to Ebay, which can be risky. I also wasn't sure if that would be too pinky and sparkly for me. Anyway, being a bit obsessive about makeup I read somewhere that this is a good dupe of Orgasm so picked it up at Shoppers Drug Mart and...I really like it. I wear it pretty much every day that I wear makeup. It has very little sparkle and is in just the right shade of nude/pink that I want. It goes on light so it's easy to get the right amount of colour that I want. It matches pretty well with my natural colour when I'm flushed except it might be a bit more beige. In any case I'm liking it and the price was good. Good value! I'd purchase this again.