August 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail eye shadow primer! I have very oily eyelids compared to my normal/dry skin and not even urban decay primer potion would prevent my eye shadows from creasing. Not only does it make my eye shadows not crease and last all day, but it also brighten ups my eyelid and almost makes my eyelids not oily weather I wear eye shadow that day or not. It does not have a strong scent to me at all, its texture is almost tacky feeling (not in a bad way) once you blend it on your eyelid and/or put eye shadow on the tacky-ness goes away. I'm already on my third tube of this product and could not image applying eye shadows without it. I would highly recommend this product to someone who has oily eyelids if primer potion or shadow insurance did not work for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

It's not that great. I find ud primer potion is the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

it works. this is heavy duty. still easy to blend, color looks the same. are there eye primer products out there cheaper? sure. it all comes down to preference. used udpp in the bottle for years, but now there are others available finally just as good

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by SHEMP1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is great!!! My eyeshadow really stays put and stands out so much better when I use this product. I love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Um...wow. This stuff is great. I'd heard from a lot of people that this was sort of the creme de la creme of eye primers, and they weren't kidding. I tend to stick with the Courtney Love-esque eyeliner-circle-that-looks-like-it-was-drawn-with-crayon-look, so by the end of the day, some of it has inevitably smeared somewhere, but not with this. Even on my lower lashline, everything looked almost as fresh as when I'd first applied it. I've got quite oily skin too, so this was AMAZING to see.

I docked a point because of the price (half the tube is a brush! I've never seen a lid like that before) and because this is not so great with eye shadows. While they'll stay put all day, this makes it substantially harder to apply and blending virtually impossible. But if you put some work into it, the pay off is totally worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This eye primer didn't do anything. It didn't make my eyeshadows last any longer than not using anything. I returned it because it was a waste of a step.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by caithni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry I just don't see what all the fuss is about and why this product gets so many good reviews. Terrible, useless, and expensive! :( I did give it a good try, used different products around my eyes first, or none, let it dry, didnt let it dry. No, everything smudged, in some cases seemed to smudge worse than usual - grrrrrrr! It also made my eyes water all day. I threw it away. I thought the packaging was rubbish too, even if I had of liked it - what is with the whole wand thing? Doesnt make any sense. Have also tried Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance and that didnt work for me either . Am going to try Stila Prime Pot and see how that goes ....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by thebeautyfountain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! Best product i've bought in a long time. My eyelids tend to get very oily but now with this stuff my eyeshadow stays put & doesn't crease ever! Love love love this I can't believe I barely found out about this at 29 years old lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I had read such great reviews regarding this primer and since I love all the other NARS products I've purchased, so I decided to give it a try. I didn't think that it was anything too special upon application, nothing better than UDPP or TFEI, which are my 2 faves. Shortly after applying, my vision became blurred and the more I blinked the worse it got. I had just put in a new pair of contacts so I knew they were not scratched. I just went to my vanity sink and took the contacts out and cleaned them and reinserted, no big deal. This next morning I was more careful when applying and blending across my eyelid gently but after a few minutes the same thing happened but this time I had already started applying eye makeup. Repeated same procedure but this time I had to reapply what eye shadow I had already put on since the excess solution ran when I blinked the first few times. This situation repeated itself every morning I used the NARS Pro-Prime for eyes. So this morning I used my UDPP and had no issues whatsoever. There is definitely something in this formula that doesn't seem to want to set up on my eyelids but rather wants to travel around every time I blink, etc and makes its way into my eye and smears across my contacts etc and trust me it doesn't just come off with a couple of blinks and eye rubs. I have to take the contacts out and thoroughly clean with solution to get this stuff off. It forms a gelatinous oily smudge on my contacts.

The formulation felt smooth and was easy for me to gently blend across my eyelids but I don't have that much extra time in my morning routine to jack around with removing and cleaning my contacts to accommodate the use of this product. This will work beautifully for someone who doesn't wear contacts or have oily eyelids, etc. I also noticed that later in the day my eyelids would start itching a bit and I just thought seasonal allergies were acting up, but today I had no issue when using UDPP so I think this was drying to the skin on my eyelids.

Anyway, it's going back to Sephora...thank goodness they love me since I spend a small fortune there and @ Ulta on a very regular basis and I always save the boxes/packaging and my receipts so returns are NEVER questioned or hassled.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I was familiar with the positive reviews for this product so when I received a deluxe-sized sample of this primer I was excited to try it. Unfortunately, my excitement was very short-lived. My issue is not so much with the primer's formula itself, as it worked pretty decently on my fairly oily eyelids (but absolutely no better than Urban Decay or Too Faced's primers - in fact, I found it more drying and difficult to use when blending shadows). Rather, I had an even bigger problem with the packaging in combination with the formula. The doe foot applicator made this thick primer very difficult to apply with any precision, resulting in a sticky mess. I am happy to see that so many others like this product but for me it simply does not work.