MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

4.5

on 6/15/2011 12:29:00 AM

i bought this because the MA said it would be good for a natural look and it does do that. it looks like someone just pinched your cheeks but it shows up kinda reddish on my skin.. if youre trying to cover up redness i do not recomend this. i do use it sometimes but i dont think ill purchase again.

on 5/21/2011 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my "your cheeks but better" blush. It has a silky, matte finish somewhere between a warm & cool tone--I can see how it would look great on a lot of people. The only challenge is that I have oily cheeks & have to reapply. It's a great, everyday choice.

on 5/15/2011 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

Great colour for my skin. Makes me look fresh instantly and goes perfectly with pink lipstick. Great for Indian skin tones as i did some long research before i bought this!

on 4/22/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is my most favorite blush I have ever used. This is my first MAC blush and I'm glad I made the right choice. The color is super pretty on my skin tone, it makes me look lively and awake. It looks more red than pink on my skin tone, which I ADORE. I'm not into pink blushes that much. This blush is perfect perfect perfectttt! I recommend this blush to any skin tone because it looks gorgeous on almost everybody.

Ah, I hit pan on this blush. :(
Definitely going to repurchase.

on 4/22/2011 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

For ages and ages I never wore blush. Being a child of the 80's when blush was a scary bright angular thing, I was wary of looking clownish, so the few blushes I had were very light and pale and if I wore it at all I applied them with a very light hand.

I finally decided I needed to get over it and find a blush that works, and the MAC counter artist put this one on me. She applied it heavily but it still looked great! I immediately bought it and it's the ONLY blush I've used since. It gives a perfect touch of color to the cheeks without looking unnatural (I'm NW15) and works with any color makeup I have on eyes and lips. It's made me braver, too... sometimes now I'll add a touch of highlighter to the cheekbones as well.

I love this and if I ever use it all up (I do still apply fairly lightly, and don't wear makeup daily) I'll definitely buy another.

on 4/9/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is my HG blush I wear it all the time, I have NW20/25 skin with some redness and its very hard to find a blush that looks natural but doesn't enhance my redness. This blush is just perfect it gives a very natural look great for work days or a more classic look and it lasts all day.

on 4/3/2011 4:44:00 AM

What it is: a muted pink powder blush used to give a natural flush of color on cheeks.
- - -
Pros - Long wearing. Very natural (i.e. school / work / office appropriate). The packaging is easy enough to throw in a make up bag and carry around. This blush would also do well to balance out a smokey eye or a bright lipstick because of its neutrality.
- - -
Cons - I wouldn't suggest this for darker skinned girls as the color doesn't seem likely to show up as well. Even though MAC says all of their blushes can be worn on a wide range of skin tones this blush is pretty sheer and it would take some effort to make it show.
- - -
Overall - I think buyers should take into consideration the type of product they are buying. Those looking for something to give them a "pop" of color are purchasing the wrong product. As this is a sheertone blush it is meant to give a natural, "i'm not wearing any blush', flush (i.e a hint of natural color). This is not a vibrant blush, so if that is what you're looking for, this is not the blush for you. However, this color does give a subtle glow and can easily be built upon. It is long wearing and pigmented enough so that one or two swipes of the brush should give enough color, yet it would hard to go overboard. Definitely worth purchasing.

on 3/29/2011 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The color was nice on me, NC25. However, I have big pores, and this was one of the few blushers I've tried that enhanced my pores. The other one was hipness. How sad!

on 2/27/2011 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my 2nd one! and believe me, it is RARE that i repurchase something rather than try something new or updated. This is amazing! Perfect for everyday or even special occasions. I am a NC20. This suits me so well. Top favorites forever! Best blush I've ever used.

on 2/20/2011 3:37:00 AM

Granted, I don't use much makeup, but this I have used for four years, and I am now running out. NC 20-25, depending on the season. If you want a good neutral that will not go to waste (and MAC has a good recycling program). this should be your go-to.