December 19, 2014 | 878 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

great product!!! super smooth, flawless look, not too thick, lmedium coverage, and great sunscreen -spf 20, but just so pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by liteenie

At first, I couldn't figure out how to get better coverage so I wasn't liking this powder very much. I was using synthetic flat top brushes. Then I switched to Physician's Formula Bambuki Brush and like magic, I found the finish and coverage I was looking for. I don't recommend that brush because it sheds like crazy and leaves bristles on my face but I definitely know what type of brush to use from now on. I rely on this for an extra boost of SPF over my sunscreen, especially if I need to powder down a greasy sunscreen like Vanicream. I have this in Golden Glow, which I purchased when my skin was a few shades darker. However, the color is still working for my okay on my winter shade (I would guess MAC NC20/25). So it's nice that it blends well with my skintone as it fluctuates a few shades. If I repurchase (I would repurchase if I run out but I never run out of products haha), I'll probably go for a lighter warm shade. If you can, find a local salon that carries this line and match your color. The packaging is luxurious but I'm so afraid to drop it, it's rather heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by buzz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this Powder!!! I am yet to come across any powder better than this so far as it's so light on the skin yet it has great coverage. The minerals in this also do good things for your skin and since wearing this product, Ive found I dont break out like I have with others. Although I paid around $90-$100 Nzd for this I find it lasts me a long time and you can always just buy the refill for around $80.00. Cant say enough good things about this product so give it a go!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my everyday minerals foundation but it's such a disaster try to travel with u cuz it will go everywhere. This product comes in handy to travel with and for touch up. But unfortunately it is only sold in spas here in Australia and it's too expensive almost double the price of selling in the states which is already quite pricey. I so could not afford to get the wrong color so I purchased a light skin starter kit from strawberry net to match the color and get the feel of it. I have to say that I love it so much for the coverage, lightness and both 2 colors from the kit fits my skin quite well.
Then I ordered the compact and it is so well packed,sleek yet classy, I carry it everywhere with me and now I find myself can't live without it. The only down side is that it's way too expensive compare to other mineral foundation but I just couldn't find anything that's even close. I will keep looking for cheaper substitutes but until then this is the go to product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by softbomb

Another 'I wanted to like this product ' sob story...

Shade selection could have been a headache given that it's not widely available in stores; luckily there's medical spa near my old work so I got to test drive the shades in person.

The esthetician at the medical spa place who helped me wore 50 lbs of make-up herself so I was a bit hesitant on taking her advice and letting her match my skin. After a mini tug of war, I decided on the slightly pale for my skin Warm Sienna shade ( at that point I applied my powder directly after/on top of my heavy moisturizer; the too pale shade oxidized to better match my skin, i.e i used this like a wet/dry foundation).

I was able to swap for this product and boy am I glad I swapped my EL Night Repair rather than shelling out the 50 some odd dollars for this.

This is one of the worst, if not THE worst powders I've ever used. The shade while a nice match, could not hide the product's heavy, chalky, uneven application. I tried to cut the masky, powdery effect by setting with water as I normally do but this made matters worse; it just looked blotchier. I was bewildered.

Despite all of my efforts this extremely unflattering mask-like finish resulted in minimal coverage pay-off! I tried this as a straight powder and results were just as lackluster and frustrating. WAAAAY over-hyped and over-priced. Definite waste of time/money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by crb1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Over 50 (ok, I'm 52), sensitive-oily-prone-acne-scared old Crone here. I lurve this beautiful stuff. (BTW, I do not own the highly touted brush that goes with it...I just reached for my nearest tightly-bound-bristled face brush.) This stuff looks amazing on my huge-pored skin. It just does. Goes on like a dream, for me anyway. I love it a lot, well, in a makeup-y way.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyChu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They used this on me at a spa so I was a bit bamboozled... It looked beautiful but I can to realize later that a lot of it was due to the fact that they had the Jane Iredale foundation brush, which seems to have amazing reviews. In any case it's a nice mineral foundation, feels like nothing and matches my skin exactly. The packaging is cute and sleek too, much easier to travel and much less messy than the BE mineral powder. My two issues are that 1) it's a little expensive and 2) it seems less resilient than my BE powder - towards the end of the day sometimes it seems like it's come off. I'd repurchase, but I'm still going to look for something better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally found my HG foundation. I have oily skin in summer, dry in winter but always sensitive and SD prone. I find this has a sheer coverage that is just enough. It looks incredibly natural. Like my-skin-but-better. Isn't that what we are looking for in a foundation anyway? No chalky, powdery look at all. So far, I haven't had any reactions - neither itching or breakouts from this.
This is my first Jane Iredale purchase and I am very impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by erikawe

I used this product for almost 2 years. I loved the coverage and I thought it didn't make me break out but I was actually taking medicine for acne at the same time. I got pregnant and had to stop all the acne medicines.... I started to break out badly. My obgyn said it was hormonal changes, my dermatologist said the same thing. But I started to research online and find out Algae Extract is a one of the worse comedogenic ingredients in cosmetics. Some of the Jane iradale products contain this ingredient. I stopped using it right away and my skin cleared up. Bottom line, if you have acne prone skin, this may not be the one for you. If you don't have problems with your skin, no doubt it has the best coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Khristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had always been curious about Jane Iredale products, but luckily when I went to Imats this past June, I was able to get color matched and purchased one on sale.

I must say, that I absolutely LOVE this powder foundation! it has great coverage, non-irritating, does not make me oily (i'm already oily enough) and gives ME a flawless looking appearance. It covers my acne spots quite well.

I did not find this to be chalky whatsoever, it glided on my skin. I use this alone or to set liquid foundation. I always have issues with other powders wearing off after a certain period of time (even with a primer) but not this one. I would purchase this again, but would have to save up to do so because it is just so expensive! but definitely worth it. I will probably keep buying this until I find something less expensive that can do the job. I have tried benefit hello flawless (which did nothing for me sadly) and a wide array of others, but they do not compare to this one! definitely recommend to everyone, regardless if you are acne prone or not - lovely product. very sturdy packaging (heavy), but well worth the price!