October 25, 2014 | 1226 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by buzz22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this Powder!!! I am yet to come across any powder better than this so far as it's so light on the skin yet it has great coverage. The minerals in this also do good things for your skin and since wearing this product, Ive found I dont break out like I have with others. Although I paid around $90-$100 Nzd for this I find it lasts me a long time and you can always just buy the refill for around $80.00. Cant say enough good things about this product so give it a go!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sophia1984422

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love my everyday minerals foundation but it's such a disaster try to travel with u cuz it will go everywhere. This product comes in handy to travel with and for touch up. But unfortunately it is only sold in spas here in Australia and it's too expensive almost double the price of selling in the states which is already quite pricey. I so could not afford to get the wrong color so I purchased a light skin starter kit from strawberry net to match the color and get the feel of it. I have to say that I love it so much for the coverage, lightness and both 2 colors from the kit fits my skin quite well.
Then I ordered the compact and it is so well packed,sleek yet classy, I carry it everywhere with me and now I find myself can't live without it. The only down side is that it's way too expensive compare to other mineral foundation but I just couldn't find anything that's even close. I will keep looking for cheaper substitutes but until then this is the go to product for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by softbomb

Another 'I wanted to like this product ' sob story...

Shade selection could have been a headache given that it's not widely available in stores; luckily there's medical spa near my old work so I got to test drive the shades in person.

The esthetician at the medical spa place who helped me wore 50 lbs of make-up herself so I was a bit hesitant on taking her advice and letting her match my skin. After a mini tug of war, I decided on the slightly pale for my skin Warm Sienna shade ( at that point I applied my powder directly after/on top of my heavy moisturizer; the too pale shade oxidized to better match my skin, i.e i used this like a wet/dry foundation).

I was able to swap for this product and boy am I glad I swapped my EL Night Repair rather than shelling out the 50 some odd dollars for this.

This is one of the worst, if not THE worst powders I've ever used. The shade while a nice match, could not hide the product's heavy, chalky, uneven application. I tried to cut the masky, powdery effect by setting with water as I normally do but this made matters worse; it just looked blotchier. I was bewildered.

Despite all of my efforts this extremely unflattering mask-like finish resulted in minimal coverage pay-off! I tried this as a straight powder and results were just as lackluster and frustrating. WAAAAY over-hyped and over-priced. Definite waste of time/money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by crb1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Over 50 (ok, I'm 52), sensitive-oily-prone-acne-scared old Crone here. I lurve this beautiful stuff. (BTW, I do not own the highly touted brush that goes with it...I just reached for my nearest tightly-bound-bristled face brush.) This stuff looks amazing on my huge-pored skin. It just does. Goes on like a dream, for me anyway. I love it a lot, well, in a makeup-y way.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by CourtneyChu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They used this on me at a spa so I was a bit bamboozled... It looked beautiful but I can to realize later that a lot of it was due to the fact that they had the Jane Iredale foundation brush, which seems to have amazing reviews. In any case it's a nice mineral foundation, feels like nothing and matches my skin exactly. The packaging is cute and sleek too, much easier to travel and much less messy than the BE mineral powder. My two issues are that 1) it's a little expensive and 2) it seems less resilient than my BE powder - towards the end of the day sometimes it seems like it's come off. I'd repurchase, but I'm still going to look for something better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally found my HG foundation. I have oily skin in summer, dry in winter but always sensitive and SD prone. I find this has a sheer coverage that is just enough. It looks incredibly natural. Like my-skin-but-better. Isn't that what we are looking for in a foundation anyway? No chalky, powdery look at all. So far, I haven't had any reactions - neither itching or breakouts from this.
This is my first Jane Iredale purchase and I am very impressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by erikawe

I used this product for almost 2 years. I loved the coverage and I thought it didn't make me break out but I was actually taking medicine for acne at the same time. I got pregnant and had to stop all the acne medicines.... I started to break out badly. My obgyn said it was hormonal changes, my dermatologist said the same thing. But I started to research online and find out Algae Extract is a one of the worse comedogenic ingredients in cosmetics. Some of the Jane iradale products contain this ingredient. I stopped using it right away and my skin cleared up. Bottom line, if you have acne prone skin, this may not be the one for you. If you don't have problems with your skin, no doubt it has the best coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Khristine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had always been curious about Jane Iredale products, but luckily when I went to Imats this past June, I was able to get color matched and purchased one on sale.

I must say, that I absolutely LOVE this powder foundation! it has great coverage, non-irritating, does not make me oily (i'm already oily enough) and gives ME a flawless looking appearance. It covers my acne spots quite well.

I did not find this to be chalky whatsoever, it glided on my skin. I use this alone or to set liquid foundation. I always have issues with other powders wearing off after a certain period of time (even with a primer) but not this one. I would purchase this again, but would have to save up to do so because it is just so expensive! but definitely worth it. I will probably keep buying this until I find something less expensive that can do the job. I have tried benefit hello flawless (which did nothing for me sadly) and a wide array of others, but they do not compare to this one! definitely recommend to everyone, regardless if you are acne prone or not - lovely product. very sturdy packaging (heavy), but well worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by its123me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well I have to add my praises to those of all of the people who have praised this product. I have sensitive, rosacea, and dermatitis prone skin. My skin also quite light and cool toned, and I have had trouble finding a good foundation, that both looks good and doesn't irritate my skin. I am allergic to bismuth, so mineral makeup and all powders have been problematic. I also like more natural looking products. I have tried Dior, MAC, Clinique, Lancome, Bare Escentuals, Everyday Minerals, Laura Mercier, Just For Redheads, Aveda, and Benefit. All have looked artificial, broken me out, and made my rosacea look so much worse. Sigh. So, I finally decided to take a chance on Jane Iredale. I wear the Bisque color which is kind of yellow colored, which is good to counteract the redness in my skin. I did a lot of online research, including using their online makeover feature--it really helped me choose the correct color. I would not have really known to choose something yellow toned, as my skin is very not yellow! I did try it on first in the store--they carry it at a local beauty supply/salon called Kamay.

Do I like it? I love it. I think it looks completely natural and barely there, which is the look I like. I apply it very lightly over sunscreen and don't always apply all over, but mostly to my T-zone. It does need reapplication halfway through the day, but if I applied it heavier, it might not, but I like the sheer look. It doesn't settle into pores or lines and it's not shiny. It doesn't look at all like I have anything on--just perfect skin. Both my husband and son have thought that I wasn't wearing makeup (they both hate makeup on me) on the days I was wearing it! That's a big recommendation.

Yes, it is expensive. But, if it works, it's better than breakouts, redness, and irritation. Personally, I don't use much daily, so I expect it to last a long time. By the way, I have been using a puff to apply, as brushes irritate my skin. I also love the case. I haven't seen a real metal compact since I was a kid in the 1960s--very chic.

I'm really hoping that this is finally my Holy Grail makeup. It's my turn to find my perfect product. So far, so good.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by littlefangfang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start with their customer service, it was OUTSTANDING. I always have a hard time to pick the right shade for all foundations even when I'm in the stores. Well, obviously it makes it a lot harder to try to match the right shade online through the color chart. So, I wrote an email to their customer service and described my skin type and shade. I told them I'm NC 40 with MAC. The very next day I got a reply from one of their representatives and asked me for my mailing address so she could send me samples. Within a week, I got 5 decent sized samples in those eye shadow containers. I tried them on and found the best match. I have to say after years and years of searching for the best foundation and after trying pretty much all the good brands ( from Department stores, sephora, sallys, ulta to drug store brands)you can think of, this is it! Highly recommended!!

BTW, before you purchase your next product regardless it's makeup or skin care make sure you check out www.ewg.org/skindeep/ first to see the toxic level. you will be shocked how much toxic chemicals are in our beauty products which we use on the daily basis.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No