October 25, 2014 | 996 users online

Mascara - MAC - Opulash

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Thagem

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure about the mascara when i first purchased it but the more i use it the more i like it. It is not like any I have used recently. It does not clump or stick for me like some people said. I start off with a thin first coat then apply a second. It curls my lashes beautifully, much more than any other mascara. It does not have the high drama of like a Dior Show, but it stays PUT. I do not get racoon eyes ever...even it the hot hot summer. I really like it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by llllauralei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara...i might even love it. I have been using it every day since i got it. It can go on natural-looking, but i usually build it up. I have fairly long lashes as it is and this thickens and accentuates them nicelyThe formula doesn't dry too fast for me and i can apply some after it has dried and i don't get spider lashes. I have been looking for a good mascara and saw this on the mac website so i tried it. I did not know what to expect, but I am impressed and no more than 5 minutes ago, i just bought another tube of it haha...along with some russian red lipstick : ) (which i have never tried, but have heard things about on here)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I heard this was a tubing mascara I wanted it. It is such a huge disappointment. Just, wow.

It might tube my lashes but I can't really tell because it goes on so clumpy and gross, I have yet to actually wear it. I wash it off and start over with Kiss Me every time.

Seriously, it's no better than a cheap and volumizing drugstore mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered this from Nordstrom shortly after its release due to all of the hype on Youtube. This mascara did not work for me. After two coats my lashes begin sticking together and I get the spider look, which is not cute. MAC Studio Fix mascara performs much better than this, so I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did I bother. This is the most disappointing and overly hyped mascara that I have ever tried. I have to give them points for their marketing strategy. It worked. That and all the hype out there led me to MAC's website to buy this sight unseen (we live out in the country and have no large malls close by). This mascara was just awful for me. There are a dozen drugstore mascara's that do more than this one. Not only that, but I have never tried a mascara in my life that left my lashes this brittle! Once you apply this mascara, you cannot work your lashes or apply other coats without great difficulty (and you better move lightning fast)! I couldn't even use my trusty lash comb as it wouldn't budge or move through these lashes period! If I had tried any harder, I would have pulled out lashes with this (so be careful)! Usually when I am having a very light eye shadow day, that's when my mascara really pops the most because it's more visible. When I wear Diorshow or YSL Faux De Cil on a light eye shadow day, people always have to stop and ask me what mascara I'm wearing. Not with this one! No matter how I tried to work the lush looking brush, it gave me no wow factor whatsoever (and I know how to work a mascara wand). I got nothing but short, black sticks that looked like micro-tiny, thorns. At least it was easy to remove, so I will give it points for that! It's also so cheap that it's not worth returning because I would pay half the price of the mascara in shipping alone. Ugh. Live and learn. This should be renamed Opuhype.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by PolitelyPink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After seeing a Youtube Guru rave about this product, I decided to give it a try. The mascara gives me long, separated lashes with a little bit of volume with one coat. I think the more you build it, the more drama you could create.

One really nice thing is this product didn't clump or give me spider lashes. I did get compliments on it the first day I used it. For now, this is my go-to mascara, but typical of me, I'm sure I will keep trying other ones just to see if something is better. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

Don't believe the hype! I'm convinced that MAC is secretly re-packaging their mascaras with flashy names and flashy promises. This one is no different that Zoom Lash. It doesn't make your lashes any bigger or better. I found the brush to be quit difficult to work with, which is a big turn off for me. The end results are good, but they are no different than what you could already achieve through about 15 other mascaras already on the market. Thanks, but no thanks!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by twitches

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the big brush, but honestly I see no difference between this mascara and the Mascara X I was using before it. I agree with the reviewer below that it works best with Prep+Prime Lash, but in my opinion everything works better with MAC's lash primer - so still no big difference there. Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't do what the adverts promised and there isn't anything unique about it prompting me to buy it again. However I will use this one all up as it's fine as a day-to-day mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't think *any* mascara can really give me the false-eyelashes look (the ones you see in adverts), while also lengthening, volumizing, AND also being smudge, smear, or flake-proof--it's just not going to happen. This comes pretty close to what I want in an everyday, affordable mascara though--my eyelashes do look longer and thicker and this mascara didn't budge all day, even with massive amounts of humidity and grossness. My big thing lately is checking out how easily the mascara can be removed, which, in this case, is pretty easily--I hate losing my eyelashes while removing mascara. I'd definitely re-purchase, but I'm already a MAC fan, so I'm sure I'm biased!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 10:16:00 AM More reviews by awhite17

I LOVE this mascara!! I get compliments on it every time I wear this. Someone even asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes! This gives me a very full and lengthy look, but can be as subtle or dramatic as you want. Price is very comparable to some drugstore brands, which is great :) I will definately be repurchasing!