August 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 10:20:00 AM More reviews by speedymouse

This is an okay cleanser for me - I have oily, acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out (I can't tell if it actually clears up my skin). I suspect a lot of the negative reviews are the people who didn't read the instructions on the back: you're supposed to lather it between your hands before you rub it on your face. I don't find that it dries me out too much, but I always use moisturizer afterwards and only use it once a day - I use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser in the mornings. To be honest, there are better cleansers out there but this one will do.
I like Cerave Foaming Cleanser much better - does the same job at getting my makeup off but doesn't dry my skin! My skin is so much clearer now too that I'm not irritating it with the over-the-top Deep Cleansing stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie3

Hands down best cleanser I have found! I have used tons of other brands from clinique down to the drugstore stuff and they all made my skin worse! I have combination/oily skin and this cleared my skin BEAUTIFULLY, it is now flawless and smooth. I was very surprised because the oil-free acne wash made my face worse and was drying and awful. This can be slightly drying at first but that is just due to the very deep cleansing, it makes the texture of your skin verry smooth and clear! Definitely reccomend if you have oily/combo skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Aquamarine89

I bought this product 3 days ago thinking this would really improve my skin. That was not the case!...Owie..it's made my skin very dry, red, flaky, and bumpy. :( I will not be purchasing again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by jane1304

Wow I was surprised that these product dries out people, but well I guess everybody is different. Well I love these product. It cleanse my face very well without drying it. These is one of the mildest facial cleanser I have ever used. It also improves my skin tone. And it doesn't irritated my skin. I can say that these cleanser is good for those people who have a combination skin. I would say that i will repurchase these again but i would also love to try other facial cleanser. :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Bolesie75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good product but dries out my skin. As soon as I wash my face, I slather on lotion just to keep whatever moisture is in my skin there. One pump is all I use to wash my face. I pump it onto a little scrubber (I picked it up from Sephora for $5.00 in the "tools" section) and wash daily.

Not sold as a makeup remover so don't expect it to do anything with your makeup. I personally found that it took off my mineral makeup just fine.

Bottle is nice and packaged well. Sturdy plastic with a nice pump. I like that I can see how much product is left. No issues with water getting into the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by glomendoza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I was skeptical because of all the bad reviews but I bought it without reading the reviews, it just goes to show everyones skin is different. I have nothing but good things to say about this product. Will repurchase over and over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not very good :( it dried out my skin and made it very sensitive for like, 3 weeks!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence on this one. On one hand, when I had a lot of breakouts from using the wrong products this helped to get rid of them. On the other hand, this is a very drying cleanser especially if you use too much. However, I remember using this all of last year during the summer, and my skin never really got that irritated. I have delicate, mildly sensitive skin for reference. I can't imagine using it again, but it might be okay for thicker, oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by detrice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it didnt clean my skin at all and it doesnt suds. i guess some people view this as a good thing i dont doesnt take off any makeup and left my face oily i actually like the refreshing menthol in it though but its not a good cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2010 4:17:00 AM More reviews by preetira0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I went to the store looking for my Neutrogena Deep Clean Invorgirating Face Wash, the blue gel. I couldn't find it, so I went for this. It's basically the same product as the invigorating face wash except it doesn't leave that tingly feeling that I love. I didn't expect it to have that feeling anyway. It got rid of my acne. If you read the back, it has salicylic acid. I love this. But I will be going back to my invigorating wash.