December 21, 2014 | 1550 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently started using this foundation again and I can't recall why it wasn't higher up on my list. This foundation is long-wearing especially on my oily skin and covers most redness very well. For actual raised acne spots I use the Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage foundation as a spot concealer, but this foundation does the job for the typical redness. I can't say whether it clears acne though. The packaging is sanitary and the price is on the lower side for department store. I guess my only qualm is that Clinique's foundations lean pink and I have a yellow undertone. I usually correct this with a drop of Coastal Scent's yellow corrector.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by skyblue2799

When I bought this product I was excited to use it. Lots of people recommended it to me, since I have acne and oily skin. The first day I tried the makeup it was already starting to work on my acne, which is amazing! Ever since i've used this product i have barely have any blemishes or little zits on my face for two whole months! It actually does help with your acne, and if primer is not applied it doesn't damage your skin, but it does get a little runny after a couple hours. It also makes your skin dry if are using other acne products other than clinique. I use two or three facial products from the acne solutions line, but still have dry skin because I don't moisturize sometimes at night when i'm really tired. On the back of the box the label warns you about using other acne products and this liquid makeup because it will cause dry skin. That's good that clinique is knows the problem, and are probably working on it. I like this product, and i would recommend it to others, and also buy it again. The price for this is pretty good, but maybe just a tad pricey. The quality is high, which makes it expensive, and after you try the product you'll realize( depending on your results) that it was worth every penny.
At a recent party i wore the liquid makeup and covered my whole face. I had a few blemishes on my forehead from threading my eyebrows. The part was 6 hours long, and after taking out my makeup the blemishes and small zits were almost gone and had gotten really small in that amount of time! This products is amazing, you should try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bluesunday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the best foundation product I've found. Surprisingly light and easy to use (I apply it using Sephora's pro flawless airbrush #56), I am really happy with the coverage, which helps to conceal the acne scars on my cheeks without feeling liked I've caked on a ton of makeup. I've been using it every day for about a month and I haven't had any breakout issues (a common problem when I use foundation or try new makeup). I think I might have found my Holy Grail.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by berke

it oxidize so bad I have fair skin and the fairest color is way too dark for me it looks so orangey after it dries. formulation is okay but the color range should be extended.Nobody cares about fair skins :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniealicel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation after messing around with foundations from the store for so long. I think it really "matches" me best, but as my skin changes throughout the seasons I have to switch up or down a shade. I got so tired of never really finding the right base color that I finally broke down and went to the mall w/o makeup and had the lady at the counter find the right shade for me. I also bought the bronzer from her, too, which I like to use sometimes.

I do find that it sometimes "moves" a bit, though not as much as other foundations I've tried. I think adding a powder sets it well, and without it I can look a little greasy. I don't like how gunky the cap and tube get after repeated use. I do like how it doesn't highlight dry skin like many other foundations do.

Until I find something better, I'll stick with Clinique--If only it weren't so expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Jaszio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a year ago when I had cystic acne. I didn't expect it to clear up my skin, I jsut wanted it so It wouldn't make anything worse. I believe I Paid 31$. I used it for around 2 months using a foundation brush and I thought it was ok and would get me by. Well the the oher week unfortunately for me i missed my bc and ended up with a cyst so I though I would try using this again for a week so things wouldn't get worse. I used a wet sponge to apply and I found I looked a bit pink in the daylight and it was very dry around my nose. I think my shade was 02 ivory? The coverage was medium for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I quite like this, one of the best foundations I have tried. It covers up my scarring well, and does not break me out. It also looks very natural, not cakey at all. Some problems though are that it occasionally oxides to an orangey colour on me, doesn't give me a very bright look (quite dull) and it's hard to blend, because it dries so quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Karenpio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation i've ever tried. It's awesome! It didn't break me out at all, it felt really light and was very fluid. It had a nice coverage, not to much, but it covered perfectly all my spots. I totally recomend this product, your skin will look amazing, smooth, and with a very natural touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by InspiredxElegance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am the shade Fresh Almond (M) 10. I love this foundation and is one of the only makeup items I splurge on just because it works so well with my skin-tone. I had very acne prone skin until recently and was using this for that little extra oomph. It worked very well with my skin except around the corners of my lips where I tend to get drier. It became "powdery" looking and wouldn't blend well. It is for this reason I rated a 4/5. I love the tube dispenser type packaging as you can really control how much product you get. A little goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by bbleu7856

I bought this at the Clinique counter recently. The lady who matched it to my skin tone was way off! Under the harsh lighting at the department store, I could not tell that it was the wrong color for me until I was out in more natural light. But the one she picked out for me was way too dark. Didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning it, but I might pick up another bottle in their lightest shade at some point. I do like the coverage, and it doesn't irritate my skin at all. But since this is on the expensive side, I might try Neutrogena Skin Clearing makeup instead. I've heard good things about that line and have heard they have a better shade selection than Clinique does.