October 20, 2014 | 1924 users online

Cleansers - Yes To Carrots - Yes To Cucumbers Face Cleanser Towelettes

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by TheOryx

PLEASE NOTE:

This product specifically says DO NOT USE ON EYES in small text on the back. I think a lot of people who are complaining about this being irritating to the eyes need to look at their products packaging more. DO NOT USE ON OR NEAR THE EYES!

When looking up the ingredients (which is a rather short list) it is apparent that the harmful and irritating chemicals and ingredients in other facial wipes are not present. However, because of this, it may not work as effectively at removing makeup as other wipes. You win some, you lose some. They took all of my makeup with ease, however.

The one ingredient to point out, however, is Benzoic Acid- an ingredient that can be irritating to the skin and may cause breakouts. I did find these wipes to have a weird stinging sensation, but it wasn't terribly uncomfortable.

They smell like cucumbers, which is nice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Such a disappointment. Was lured in by the nice packaging and the Allure pink circle that usually means a product isn't total crap. Sadly, the little pink circle lied to me this time. I expected soothing, but got an alarming stinging sensation followed by redness. And, it didn't even do a good job of removing my eye makeup. Had to rub my eyes more than with other wipes I've used to get the eye liner off, which left my eye lids feeling a bit worked over. Sigh. This one is straight for the bin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by teddykar97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It just irritated my skin. I used it to take off my makeup (which it didn't do well) and I felt a slight tingling sensation at first but then it developed into a slight burning sensation. It just made my acne prone areas bright red and the next day my skin still looked inflamed! I developed small bumps along my cheek bones and I never break out on my cheekbones! I am really disappointed with this product. I would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Pokiloki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't understand why so many "soothing" and "hypoallergenic" products end up being more irritating then just the regular. I was really excited for these at first because usually my skin like cucumber and I try to be as all natural as possible. But after the first little bit of using these they began to make my skin burn and turn red :/ However it smells great.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Big major poo at first I was like oh this is nice cleansing feeling that Dead Sea minerals scrubbing away on my skin getting all my gunk off. Next minute eyes burning next minute my whole face turns bright red and stays this way for an hour. Way to harsh for my skin and dried it out to feel like a cucumber, would not recommend. Also I had to use two to three of the suckers just to get my makeup off whilst my face was stinging. I thought cucumber was calming but in this one think again!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by iridescentlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is complete crap. I only really use makeup towelettes when I'm too tired to get up and actually wash my face. However, every time I use this particularly product, it STINGS my entire face SO bad that I immediately run to the bathroom to wash it off my face anyway... I keep trying it, hoping it gets better (does anyone else do this?) and I'm left disappointed and stung-faced (making up my own words now, lol) every time!! I purchased this because I have sensitive skin and this product claims to be "gentle", but it's far from it. ALSO, it does a crap job of removing makeup! I need to use 2 of them to get my face makeup off (forget about eye makeup!!) and even then, it leaves residue. It reminds me most of the $3 ELF wipes, and even that one is marginally better. My favorite wipes are still the Pond's one; I would recommend getting those instead....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I love these wipes, and I'm surprised that my opinion's in the minority. I use these at night when I'm too lazy to wash my face (sadly this happens a lot) and keep a pack in my purse in case my face just feels icky during the day/I wake up somewhere feeling like Kesha. They do leave a strong tingling feeling, but not on my eyes, and to me it makes the wipes feel effective so I don't care. I also love the ingredients, and how my skin doesn't feel sticky after use. The price is about 6-7 dollars per pack of 25 wipes, which could be better but could be worse. My all time favorite wipes, the body shop's tea tree face wipes, are like 12 dollars for one pack, and these make my face feel just as refreshed and lovely, so I'd consider them my knockoff brand. Also, Target sometimes sells the value pack of 45 wipes for the price of the regular pack so...good deal. I have repurchased ample times and will continue to do do, especially with this summer heat making my skin crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by ThePreferredKatie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these wipes. Most facial wipes I find either dry my skin or leave a residue. These don't! I can use these any time of day without having to wash or rinse after, and my skin doesn't get itchy or flaky or break out! These are my go-to wipes if I just want to freshen up. They're affordable (you can buy them from Yes To Carrots online for a decent price if your local stores are marking them up) which is a nice bonus. The only downside I'd say is they're not as good as a make-up remover as some of the heavier/oilier towelettes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by jxchenn

I did not like this product at all, sadly. I am very bias towards cucumber products, so I was very excited to use it. To me, this products wasn't gentle and personally, I don't like the smell. I have combination skin, where my t-zone is oily, but my mouth area gets dry. After using it, my mouth area got more tight and dry ): This products stings the face, but not the eyes which I guess is a good thing...? Lol. Overall, I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I use these towelettes to remove makeup or freshen up throughout the day. My skin can be sensitive sometimes, but I have not had any problems using these. I rather like the scent and find that the towelette does a good job of removing makeup (even mascara). I prefer these towelettes to the Yes to Blueberries ones, as those sting my face a little bit.