MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 7/29/2005 6:17:00 PM

Lovechild is a flattering medium mauve/pink lipglass with lots of shine and decent golden shimmer. The neutral colouring fits to many different skintones. On me, it's just a hint darker than my lips are. Compared to my other MAC lipglasses it seems to be higher pigmented and not so sticky. Luckyly, there is still the familiar vanilla scent and the great staying power of all MAC lipglasses. In fact, the texture of Lovechilds reminds me more of a liquid lipstick than of a lipgloss. Lovechild is comparable to Viva Glam V, but more on the pink side. Think Viva Glam V without its peachy-brown notes.
Due to the pigmentaion it is best combined with lipliner and has to be applied very exactly. Using my own lipbrush, it glides on very smooth and even and makes my small lips full and pouty. Applied without liner it tends to bleed a litle bit in the small lines around my mouth.
I like for a polished look for minimal make up days with lots of black mascara and just a hint of shimmery babypink eyeshadow.

on 7/18/2005 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

In the tube, it looks like a deep plumy mauve. In general light, It looked liked a lighter version of it in the tube but still mauvy. In bright daylight, it seemed to have turned into a pinky mauvy colour. It's quite nice for everyday and lasts a long time.

For me, it didn't have much shine. The light vanilla scent was nice but it tasted like crayon. And the taste lingers...

I wouldn't buy this again for a long time because I want to try others first.

EDIT// I downgraded this because the colour is a little muddy and doesn't brighten up my face like I want in my lipglosses and the shimmer stays on my lips after the gloss faded. continued >>

on 7/14/2005 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

A cousin of mine lended me the shade not too long ago. It's a little too sticky but the color is very attractive. It can be worn during the day or night. I wish it were a bit darker, though.

on 7/8/2005 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I was looking for a lipglass just like VGV but a tad darker, and this is it! A gorgeous mauve-y pink that still looks good on me (who usually goes for more nude-reddish-brown) type of colours. Shimmery, super shiny, lasts a long time, and that yummmmmmmy vanilla scent.

on 6/24/2005 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best pinkly/plummy lipglass mac has ever made.It is actually the best pinky gloss i've ever used. The gold sparkles in it make it even better.and it doesnt look silly on my nc50 skin.i cant wait to buy it again!

on 5/26/2005 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My Coloring: MMM, NC40, BE 2.3/3, Shiseido O60, Stila F
Color Description: pinkish a bit mauve with shimmer. I dont know why i waited so long to buy this color. Its so lovely for spring its my new HG. Look awsome.

on 5/11/2005 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked this color. But it didn't flatter on me at all.

on 5/8/2005 7:22:00 AM

I just bought this colour after a friend of mine suggested it. We're both GGG (brown skin, dark brown eyes and dark brown hair)

The colour is a mauve that looks MLBB on me...I usually like more colour and this is waaay too neutral. The wear is great although sticky like most lipglass. I'll keep it for now but I don't think I will repurchase this particular colour.

on 5/6/2005 2:13:00 PM

I love the rosy plum color with shimmer. It is very flattering for me. NW20 brunette, brown eyes. I also love the vanilla scent. Mac lipglasses stay on for so long. However, I keep wishing that someone would come up with a gloss with staying power that is not so darn sticky. My beau hates kissing when I have "sticky lips"...lol.

on 4/25/2005 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I keep forgetting MAC lipglasses aren't like their eye shadows- For the most part, what you see is what you get. I picked up Lovechild assuming it would actually be lighter on, like more of a mauve shade, but it's definitely plummy like the other reviewers described. Don't get me wrong, this is a gorgeous shade. This plum gloss is rich with gold shimmer and isn't too dark for daytime wear or warm weather. Though it's not something I'd regularly purchase (I probably wouldn't repurchase, personally) it's a very flattering shade for my skintone, but just a tad darker than I'm comforable with. Same great, long wearing lipglass formula though! I give it 4 lipsticks!

Recommended for Medium Skin