MAC Cremesheen - Ever Hip

4.5

pentaerythrityl tetrasostearate, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, caprylic/capric triglyceride, oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides, eurhorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax\candelilla cera\cire de candelilla, pvp/hexadecene copolymer, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, diisostearyl malate, polyethylene, polydecene, polybutene, cetyl lactate, synthetic wax, hydrogenated dilinoleyl alcohol, butyrospermum, shea butter, soybean seed extract, olive fruit extract, wheat bran extract, carnuba wax\cera carnuba\cire de carnauba, ceramide 3, cholesterol, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, synthetic beeswax, potassium sulfate, beeswax\cera alba\cire d'abeille, octyldodecanol, alumina, calcium aluminun borosilicate, calcium sodium borosilicate, tin oxide, silica, oleic acid, palmitic acid, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, ethylhexyl hydroxystearate, vanillin, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, red 6, red 6 lake, red 7 lake, red 21, red 28 lake, red 30 lake, red 33 lake, yellow 5 lake, yellow 6 lake, yellow 10 lake] phew!

on 4/11/2010 1:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Really wanted to love this- the sa insisted it looked "gorgeous" on me but i was unsure- who knows how colors will look in real life compared to the lighting in store. But I figured what the heck since I was able to do b2m for it. Of course my initial instincts were right, this looked awful on me- clashed with my skin tone and hair and made my teeth look yellow- ick! Ive been able to wear some corals before but this wasnt destined to be one of them. I was easily able to swap it away to a good home, so alls well that ends well...

on 4/9/2010 8:39:00 PM

I love the colour of this lippie, but just not on me. It is very sheer and after multiple layers it settles into my liplines, even after sufficient lipbalm/lipbutters. I tried swiping it on, patting it on, and applying it with a brush----none of which helped the application. I also topped it off with several different glosses (Frankly Fresh, Partial to Pink and Korres Rose Cherry Oil Lipgloss) and it didn't help acheive the colour I was looking for. Even after reading the reviews I really hoped it would be more opaque. Perhaps patting a thin layer of concealer or another matte nude lippie will help to bring out the full potential of this colour---but that's just too much work for a lippie. Love the packaging though!

UPDATE: I've been able to make this work by applying Guerlain's Kiss Kiss Baby Stick gloss prior to Ever Hip. The gloss is like a tinted balm (comes in nude colors), so it gives me the moisture I need, plus a hint of color to help me acheive the color I so wanted with Ever Hip. It shows up a nice pink/coral with no settling in my lip lines.

on 4/9/2010 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I am nc37 and have very pigmented lips. This color is just okay. It takes a lot of work to make it work for me-I have to use a gloss or balm undrneath or else it comes out kind of patchy. I always have to smooth it out with my finger after I apply whether I use balm or gloss or just straight. One layer is very sheer tine, 3-4 layers gives pretty orange lips which I then need to sheer it out with my finger. nice trendy color but a lot work

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was my first coral lipstick purchase from Mac and OOH Emm Gee it is such a great color! It's like a pinky coral but it's the perfect coral for spring. And the Give Me Liberty of London packaging is super cute! I have noticed though that with this color I do have to apply and apply and apply to get the perfect color because it is so sheer, but I don't mind that. It goes perfect with Perennial High Style lipgloss over it. Mac should def make this a permanent lipstick, I'm even considering getting a back up! If you go to your local Mac counter don't skip out on this lipstick! Get it while you can.

on 4/9/2010 8:11:00 AM

This lipstick is a gorgeous pinky-coral when applied to the lips, its very creamy and well pigmented. Although I have very pigmented lips this shows up fantastic and looks stunning, it awakens my whole face.
This works great with my pale complexion and is a staple for Spring and Summer.

on 4/7/2010 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Being a fan of coral lipsticks I must say this is one of my all time favourites! I already have Costa Chic, Shy Girl, Lollipop Loving (just to mention MAC) but I think that what makes Ever Hip perfect is the exact amount of pink in it. That's the reason why I think it flatters many skin tones, not only warmer ones.

on 4/4/2010 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

All I have to say is PLEASE make this a permanent colour MAC. This one of a the few true coral colours to come out of a MAC collection and because it's a shade between pink and orange it's can work well with a lot of skin tones. Being a uber fair individual with auburn hair I'm finding myself wearing this one daily along with Fresh Salmon.

The Liberty of London Packaging was cute but I'm in love with this colour.

I'm posting a swatch as well on my skin.

on 4/3/2010 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I know it's early to say but.... Holy Grail lipstick? I think so :) this colour is absolutely beautiful: a creamy, bright coral with a pink undertone. It's the perfect everyday type of colour to wear with pretty much any eye makeup, whether it's a simple winged-out eyeliner or a smokey eye. It's a creamsheen formula so it's not drying and it's quite pigmented. On top of everything, the packaging is to die for! I always want to take it out of my bag and reapply cause it's so damn pretty and unique <3 definitely wishing this wasn't a limited edition product.

on 4/3/2010 12:26:00 AM

This is my new favorite lip color. When I saw swatches online I didn't think I wanted it but after trying it on at the MAC counter, I fell in love. It's a great springtime coral that works great on a variety of skin tones. I'm pretty pale and I feel like this color does wonders to warm up my face. I like to layer a pink gloss over the top to tone down the brightness.

on 3/31/2010 9:27:00 AM

Love this new color. Nice peachy color for spring which is not to out there and would probably look lovely on most skin tones. I'm going to review it on my youtube channel,
debbick1