July 25, 2014 | 1532 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by melisaberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Finally something work for my skin! I have tried a lot of products with sweet promises and yet they didnít do anything. This Kiehlís Midnight Recovery Concentrate works amazing on my skin. After only one use, I already feel the difference it makes. My skin becoming smoother and clearer. After more than a week using it, I can see some acne scars fading, my skin texture improved, my complexion getting better.

They packed it in a beautiful dark blue heavy glass container, dark bottle keeping the ingredients save from a direct light. The pump pipette nicely controls the amount of how much product you want to use. A nice packaging on my vanity table but I think it could be hard to bring on travel.

Usually I use 3-4 drops at night, rub my fingertips a little to spread this serum evenly, and then gently pat it on my face and neck. The texture is not oily, this doesnít cause a breakout on my oily-acne prone skin, for woman with very dry skin, you might want to add another moisturizer on top of it. Another positive thing is this Kiehís Midnight Recovery Concentrate smells amazing, a true lavender essential oil smell. Very relaxing.

Overall I am satisfied with this product, I will continue to buy this products because it truly works!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by WhackyAki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a deluxe sample of this (4ml) and I did end up purchasing the full size bottle (along with the eye creme which I also love). I'll start off by saying I have very fair skin, sort of sensitive, but overall i'd say it's normal. I feel like my skin types are really prone to looking dull, at least mine is anyway, especially in the winter months (can you say borderline grey skin!)! I was really pleased with how brightened my face looked in the morning. The couple breakouts I had healed very fast. I am usually not sold on serums and other "miracle" skincare products as I have tried samples of dozens and dozens of serums from all sorts of high end labels and was never ever impressed like I was with this.
Anyway, I like how I only need 2 drops and my whole face feels comfortable. I wouldn't say I feel insanely moisturised or anything, but for me it's a very nice balanced comfortable feeling. I think people who like a really moisturised creamy feel on their skin before bed might not like this, but I guess you can put your creme over this, haven't tried.
I'm not a scent-freak, but this smells really nice. I did not find it overwhelming, but I wear and use essential oils a lot so maybe it doesn't affect me. It's definitely 100% a "natural" smelling product.
Ask for a sample before you buy, sold me on it, I love it!

**** I should also mention that the sample card I got said to pat this gently onto the skin and never smear it.. Not sure why the full-size bottle doesn't say, but maybe the people who find this greasy are smearing it too much into their skin? Dunno, try patting it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by cuschlamochree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

As I saw someone else point out, this is pretty much just a mixture of oils with some fragrance added to it. I sometimes use this as a moisture booster during the day when I don't feel like smearing on anything heavy. I love the herbal smell, and the face drinks this stuff up nicely and is left fresh and glowing, but other than the cosmetic benefit this doesn't do much for me. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do your skin the biggest favor!! Buy this. Hands down the best skin treatment for night. I place one drop on forehead, one on each cheek and chin, every night, you wake up refreshed and no breakouts like most heavy night creams. This is a lightweight oil blend, the next day, I swear it actually helps control my oily combo skin. It's magic!! The eye cream that goes with it...not so much. Buy this!!! Lasts forever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about this. It's just a blend of oils, and not all of them are good. For example, jojoba oil, primrose oil and rose hip oil are good for your skin, but you wanna stay away from lavender, rosemary and fragant susbtances such as linalool, citronellol and limonene. I dislike when companies that claim to be "natural" use lots of perfume on their products. Seems like they put more effort on making fragrances for products that in producing good quality products, since this has 8 types of fragrances and way less beneficial ingredients for your skin. Overall, overpriced for what you get (a blend of 3-4 beneficial oils and tons of fragance) and not worth the hype.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chandrikas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi,

I totally love this product. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I see so much of a difference on my face. I have been suffering from acne for some time and it has caused me a lot of pigmentation and discolouration.

I use this serum/oil as the last step in my night time routine. For me personally it makes my skin oily when I apply it. It bothered me in the beginning but when I woke the next morning, my face felt fresh and bright & with no signs of oil.

This also has a very soothing fragrance to it. The product claims to promote sleep but I don't think its entirely true but I definitely love what it does to my skin the next day.

I use about 2-3 drops every night so I am sure this 30ml bottle is going to last for looong time! So complaints about the price. Its totally worth! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this because I wanted an overnight face treatment as part of my winter skin care routine last year and since Kiehl's product were supposed to be really good I bought this along with the Avocado Eye cream.
When I first used this product I was a bit wary because it is an oil based product, which can break some people out.
It also contains lavender oil which some people might react to
At first it seemed that it was actually making my skin look healthier and evening out my skin tone while hydrating my dry skin but after using it for 3 months I didn't see any difference. My skin wasn't able to absorb the product well and it reverted back to being dry with red patches.

I have to say I am disappointed with this product especially for the price I paid it's not worth it.

For this winter I bought the Bio Oil, which was a lot cheaper and so far it works better than Kiehl's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

It's a little expensive, but totally worth the money.

I purchased a 50ml bottle for $70CAD, which is probably the most I've paid for any one skincare product.

I treat this as a moisturizer and a serum because I feel like it does hydrate my skin really well. I have normal/combo skin that depending the weather can be quite dry and dull. I love that this serum helps my skin look luminous and healthy from within. The lavender fragrance is divine, it smells so good that I look forward to applying it before bed. It really soothes me. I love the way the bottle looks, tres chic.

I have been using this product for over a year and I have only positive thoughts for this product. It has become an essential product in my skincare regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an oil and I need two dropsto cover my whole face. The concentrate smells divine it has a calming lavender smell which is a perfect treat to put on before bed. After applying my face feels smooth, I always wake p with hydrated and refreshed skin after using this product I find it is especially useful in the colder winter months!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by LVMHgurl

I've never had a product do nothing for my skin. I hate the herb smell, it doesn't absorb into my skin and when I wake up, my skin doesn't even look like it's been moisturized. AT ALL.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a good value? You only have to use a couple drops so even after 2 months of use, I still have almost a full bottle left lol.