September 18, 2014 | 2011 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently got a haircut that is a tragedy. As such, I've been trying different hair products to try and turn it into something manageable. I've been wanting to try the Macadamia Natural products for a very long time and figured now would be a good opportunity. I purchased a full sized tub of this on eBay for $20 so, obviously, the price factor didn't sting quite as much. I haven't used a ton of hair treatments/masks to compare, and they've all been drugstore products. I do very much like this one. You only need very little for each use so, while the tub is expensive, it will last a long time. I've actually gotten a ton of compliments on my hair since I started using these products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Nena13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally don't do reviews but maybe I should, considering I really value other consumers opinion. I almost always do a product rating on makeupalley before purchasing a product b/c I hate going and buying something then having to make time to go and return it....annoying.

N-E-WAYS....lol....I first saw this product on JLovesMac1's YouTube channel (check her out!) and she has such beautiful, shiny, healthy looking hair. One one of her vids, she mentioned this and almost had an orgasm smelling the product. I was like wow i need me some of THAT! Being a single mother of 3, college student and working, I waited until I had enough to splurge b/c 33.00 plus tax is half a tank of gas (2 1/2 days of traveling to work/school) and I am a baller on a budget! *BACKGROUND: I have not had a hair cut/trim in about 6 months. I flat iron my hair DAILY and haven't used a heat protector in a while (I know-slap hand). My ends are fried/frizzy and could afford to have about 2 1/2 inches taken off but I'm trying to let it grow out* I used it on a Tuesday night before bed (left it in for 10 mins), instantly I saw a difference. I thought "na, I am just giving this more credit than what is due." Well, I went and played poker at a bar the next night and 1 of my friends noticed how good my hair looked! She even came up and put her hands in it and asked if I went and had a blowout down! I was like no girl! "I'm too poor for all that!" I was impressed and would recommend to anyone trying to repair your hair. I also used Dove Intensive Repair along with this product and I think both are helping but when I used the Macadamia Natural Oil for the first time I was using Pantene Ice Shampoo and Conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by harissamoegerl

This masque is perfect if your in need of a good deep condition! I usually leave it on my hair for a good 30 minutes every other week and it does the job! My hair no longer feels dry at all! Smells great and with the oil infused in the mask it soaks into the hair to help repair as well as add shine and hydrate!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My old HG used to be the Framesi Options Revive mask and when they did away with it, I went on a mission to find the next best thing. Well, I did and it is this mask.

I have a lot of fine, color treated hair (recently went from dark brown to blonde) that is a bit wavy/frizzy by default - this stuff makes my hair like satin the day of use - all it needs is a good 10 minutes max. On subsequent days thereafter, I notice my hair is more shiny and my ends look great. It also refreshes my highlights as well.

I will say this: The first tub I purchased was from Ulta and I loved it. The second tub was from CVS and my hair dried out tremendously even though it smelled and felt the same as the product from Ulta. I immediately noticed it did nothing for me when I got out of the shower which I thought was strange. I went back to Ulta to purchase, lo and behold - my hair is looking great again so there was something fishy about the CVS tub.

Ulta sells a generous $4 sample of this so it's definitely worth a try. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Dreaatrrs

This stuff is AMAZING!!! Recently went through a lot of bleach with my hair to go blonde. Damaged my hair of course.. But this stuff brought it back to life in a matter of 2 uses! Left the mask on for 30 mins wrapped in a hot towel & when I left it air dry it was so shiny and soft ! Definitely recommend this to anyone with dry hair trying to get it healthy and soft again. Huge tub! Smells great and really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the texture of this hair mask, and the smell is nice! It leaves my hair like any other hair mask, I can't really tell if it helps - but that's always the case for me when I use hair masks...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Pnut30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! Almost used the whole container and wrks great for dry damaged hair! I let this set on my hair for about 15-30min and when rinsing it feels like silk!! No tangles and no dryness!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by whoariley

I recently went from almost black hair to beach blonde (some dark pieces so I didn't have to lighten my eyebrows) & I credit my now super soft hair to this mask! when I lightened my hair, it felt chalky and i couldn't run my fingers through it. so I shampooed normally, put the mask on, covered it with a shower cap, left it for 30mins & rinsed. when I dried my hair after, it was silky smooth, as if I hadn't colored it at all! I have recommended this mask to several of my friends & I will repurchase when I run out. definitely HG hair mask!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I adore this product! I hate that it's $40 in Australia. So I'm definitely buying online..

My hair doesn't get oily, unless I don't wash it for three days, but I normally wash it every other day. I wash my hair with shampoo twice, comb through and then apply the mask for about 5 minutes, wash it out and my goodness! My hair feels incredibly soft.

Even the next day my hair feels amazing. I'll defs repurchase but online.. love.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:23:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought a very small sample size and used it once a week. It has lasted me from May into July. I'm definitely going to purchase the largest available size. Makes my dry, crunchy hair very smooth and easy to manage.