Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Mask

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-80, Amodimethicone, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Citronellol, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, Trideceth-12, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone

on 2/26/2014 11:26:00 PM

I have mistreated my hair for a long time. Tons of heat & coloring. After using this product my hair is noticeably healthier/shinier looking than before. I do have pretty thick hair and it does not weigh it down at all. Love!

on 2/19/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I get the smaller sample packets at Sally's to use prior to putting rollers in my hair and blow drying it with a soft hood. I love how silky it leaves my hair and how good it smells. It also really hydrates my hair. I will repurchase the smaller packs but the big one is too expensive

on 2/18/2014 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am so confused as to why this got such great reviews. Two girls at ulta were raving about it. Turns out to be the worst product I've ever used. Not sure why everyone else had such great results. I actually am trying to repair my hair after one use. I am
Sitting w coconut oil Moroccan oil and a deep conditioner. It left my hair bone dry and even more weird it was sticky and coarse like I hadn't rinsed my hair. Very disappointed.

on 2/16/2014 11:09:00 PM

This is a holy grail must have product for me! I've already gone through 2 tubs of these and I most definitely will keep repurchasing until the end of time (literally). First off, the product smells incredible, you get a great amount for the price. And after the first use you can feel the difference it's made for your hair, yes first use. My hair is so manageable now. My hair so so healthy, shiny, and beautiful and I owe it all to this deep conditioner. You MUST try it. Your hair will thank you.

on 2/16/2014 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've read a lot of hype about this product, and I only got it because I redeemed bonus points at SDM for it, $32 CAD for a mask is just ridiculous!
Packaging is pretty but not the best, I agree it would be much better in a tube. The smell is ok, not too strong.
I was impressed with the way it made my hair feel. I have long bleached corous/ thick and frizz prone hair. It detangled and made it much more managable. It also added a lot of softness and kept the ends from drying out before my next shampoo (which usually always happens, roots get oily and ends get dry as a bone).
In all honesty, I've had similar results with much cheaper products! I will not be buying this again due to the inflated price. If you are looking for something that works just as well, for a lot less money I reccomend herbal essences honey I'm strong rinse out treatment (deep conditioner) comes in a jar and will make your hair feel just as good as this macadamia stuff - plus it smells better :)

on 2/15/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

To preface this review, I have very thick, frizzy, kinky hair. It's slightly damaged from highlights and heat. I've been on the hunt for anything that can tame my uneven wavy unruly hair and boy am I glad I found this product. I've only used it twice but both times I've been blown away at how shiny and silky it left my hair. I loved how easy it was to straighten my hair and the results looked like I just got back from the salon. I will definitely repurchase.

on 2/15/2014 1:27:00 AM

My hair is naturally strong and healthy so I have very little damage. Obvi I can't really say if this helped with damage but it definitely made my hair feel like silk. Everyone seems to love the smell but I don't think it's anything special I don't really like or dislike it. Idk if I'll repurchase because like I said I don't have a lot of damage and this stuff is expensive. But if for whatever reason I had damaged hair I would definitely repurchase.

on 2/11/2014 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This mask is very, very average. I have mid-length colour treated hair that is a bit damaged and whenever I use this mask, it does make my hair feel soft but it doesn't seem to give it any long term hydration or any repairing benefits. $30 is a lot of money to spend on just soft hair. I've had this mask for about 3 months now and it is just over halfway done so if it does work for you, it will definitely make the best of your dollar but I just didn't notice any real improvement in my hair. I'll probably go back to my L'Oreal Evercreme mask which is nice and hydrating and about 1/2 the price :)

on 2/10/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't understand what the big deal about this product is. But I will say that it could be several things:
1) I bought it on eBay, my product could be fake (ya never know on eBay, I refused to pay $30 for a freaking hair mask)
2) My hair isnt it SUPER damaged, so maybe it didn't give me the full effect
Even though I dye my hair every 4-6 weeks ( dyed redhead!) and have to use hardcore dandruff stuff (think t-gel and selsun blue) for some psoriasis, my hair is fairly healthy
I hate the smell of this. I can't really describe it. The consistency was slightly chunky, but smoothed out once I stirred it up.

While it did leave my hair soft and manageable, it just isn't worth the hefty price tag to me. Especially when I think the Loreal Damage Balm is sooo much better and makes my hair feel amazing.
I have thin hair (but "a lot of it") and if I get this too close or my roots it does get greasy and weigh it down. I have to be extremely careful to only apply from the ear down of my mid-back length hair.

It is a good product, but not for the price. If it was much cheaper I might rebuy. If your hair is quite damaged you might like this more than me.

on 2/9/2014 6:59:00 PM

I'll preface this review by saying that I don't review ANYTHING...like ever. Part of it is because of laziness, and part if it is because I've never really loved a product enough to sit down and take 5 minutes of my life to write a review.

But THIS.

Man. This is a great product. For reference, I have very long thick curly hair. I bought this masque in hopes that it would make my hair more hydrated. Well, boy was I ever impressed. I put this in my hair while in the shower (after shampooing & conditioning). I let my hair sit in a bun at the top of my head while I continued showering (i.e., body wash & exfoliating). I decided I'd leave it in my hair for a bit longer so I got out of the shower and did what I needed to do. After about 20-30 mins, I washed this out with COLD water. When I finished, I legit couldn't stop touching my hair. I was REALLY impressed at how shiny and soft my curls were. I followed up with the Macadamia Leave-in Conditioner & my usual gel. Since I use gel on my hair, it tends to dry it out immensely, but this masque has helped my hair with hydration and it doesn't hurt that this product smells pretty good!

As for the other reviews about this product making their hair feel like straw...I didn't get this at all. My hair felt extremely soft and moisturized. To those who experienced this, I would recommend leaving it in as long as possible....