April 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Lash Treatments - Careprost (Generic Brand Latisse)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by notagoodidea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using Latisse for 2 years with amazing results, I got stupid and cheap and began using Careprost / Bimaprost. I absolutely believe there is a major difference in strength. Everyone knows that some prescription generics are just as effective as the major brands. And some are not. If I'm going to grow eyelashes, I might as well grow the best ones I can. Stick to to real thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by mrdvc

It worked for my sparse lashes, more grew and grew longer. I'm 50 and my lashes and brows thinned considerably in the past several years but Careprost brought my lashes back to life although it didn't work very well on my brows.

They aren't Eva Longoria lashes, but then again, they never were. I'm happy with the results.

Something else that helps grow/maintain lashes is Christian Dior Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Latisse in th epast and had great results but I couldn't justify the price. I found the reviews on MUA for the Careprost and I am glad I took the chance. The results are the same as Latisse and it's waaaaay cheaper. I will definitely keep reordering!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by toolerboo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought Careprost for the first time from Inhousepharmacy.biz for $30 (1 bottle) and free shipping. I opted to spend more from inhouse rather than risk purchasing from ADC. I'm glad I did! Received the product in 7 days (east coast USA) and began using 2 weeks ago. No side effects to date. If the product works, I will DEFINITELY purchase again from inhouse (I will buy more bottles in order to cut costs....just didn't want to jump "all in" in case it didn't work or I had adverse side effects). Great company and fast shipping. :-)
****UPDATE****
I have been using Careprost for 11 weeks, and OMG. I began really noticing a difference in my lashes at about week 9. I gave up using eyeliner since my lashes are so dark and thick, I don't even have to bother. (I guess I am one of the lucky ones who experienced both lash growth AND thickening/darkening). I am most amazed by my LOWER lashes. I am careful to follow the package directions - I don't apply the Careprost to the lower lash line - but just the transfer of the product from top to bottom through blinking has really made a HUGE difference. I had very few lower lashes, and since I am blonde, what WAS there was practically invisible. Now they are thick, dark, and long. Unbelievable, really.

My top lashes are rather long, with the outside corners the longest. I have to "straighten" the outside of my right eye because they are so long they curl up onto themselves. Other than that, I have not experienced any other "side effects". They are growing uniformly and I do not have lid darkening or any red line where I apply the product. My eyes do not get itch or irritated.

I am still on my first bottle, and have just ordered 2 more from inhousepharmacy. As stated before, it arrived within 7 business days and I only paid $48 (shipping included). You can get it cheaper at ADC, but I would rather pay a little more and get consistent service delivery from a reputable company.

Yay for me...my lashes are UNBELIEVABLE. I think I'll start ditching the mascara too!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Tneshtun

I bought this at dermatologist office, not online, so I was sure it's good quality. This staff works! I was using it every evening for 3 month and my lashes grew out a lot. They told me it's only 6 week supply, but mine lasted 5 months. Last 2 months I used it only 2-3 times a week to keep them that way. You need only one small drop for both eyes because your skin can absorb that much. I used rapidLash before, but in 6 month it stoped working, I think your body is getting used to formulation.
I took off one lippie because it doesn't make your lashes fuller or darker (how they claim) but it definetly makes them longer!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Pouncycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sept 4, 2012 Today is the first day I started using Careprost. I will post before and after photos to show if the product works, because, ladies, if it DOES work, you will definitely see a difference. The reason being: I have SO FEW eyelashes and eyebrows, I could virtually count the numbers of individual hairs, and I doubt if I would have more than 150 in all four areas combined. I use mascara, but have to apply at least four coats before you can see any definition at all, and even then it looks like I have about ten eyelashes clumped together. These are mostly at the outer area of my eyes...in the middle, they are almost entirely bald, with maybe two or three lashes to stick mascara on to.
I've never had much in the way of eyebrows, but over the last year they have virtually disappeared altogether. I have a few brows at the beginning of the eyebrow, but none at all past the middle area...I have to draw that on with a pencil. The hair on my head is also thinning (it's a genetic thing, as my mother has the same problems, although she has maybe fifty tiny eyelashes and eyebrows, all up), so I think I'm as good a test case for Careprost's effectiveness as you can get ! I'm only going to apply the product to my right eyebrow for the first couple of weeks, just to see if I can notice any improvement. Stay tuned !
Update: 4 weeks in and I have to say that I'm yet to see any change at all in either my eyelash or eyebrow growth, darkness, thickness, volume or length. The bare patches are still completely bare, which, on my right eye is about 5mm wide - not even a hint of new growth. I apply the product every night, waiting for it to dry and then re-applying, and nearly every morning, again applying at least twice. I have a magnified mirror, and if anything is happening at all, it is completely indiscernible.
Since I have had no adverse side effects either, I will continue to use the product in the hope that something will eventually start to happen, but I have to admit that I'm a little disheartened with the results (or lack of them) to this point.
Update : 6 weeks now, and still nothing. The only change at all has been the development of a bare patch on my left eye of about three millimetres...now it matches my right eye. I'm not saying the Careprost caused it - I don't think it did at all - but neither did it prevent it. I think I can pretty safely say that I am one of the people this product will not work for. Either that, or the stuff I bought is dodgy (I got it from InHouse Pharmacy). Not only have I not had any growth in either eyelashes or eyebrows, but I haven't had any darkening of eyeline, redness, irritation - anything. I'm starting to think that the product I bought might be - or might as well be - plain old tap water, for all the effect it's having.
Update : 8 weeks and I think there may be a VERY slight increase in length in my outer lashes (although that could be just wishful thinking). Bald patches are still there, though, with no sign of any new ones coming through...the longer outer lashes actually make the bald areas look worse, because of the contrast. No change whatsoever in eyebrows. I suspect that I may have a congenital inability to grow new lashes, so all the serums in the world aren't going to make them grow. I liken it to putting fertilizer on a field...the fertilizer will improve growth where seed is planted, but won't do anything if the field has nothing to activate upon. Similarly, the Careprost may have had some impact on the growth cycle of my (few) existing lashes, but can do nothing in the areas where the follicle is congenitally unable to produce them. It seems that eyelash transplants might be my only option...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by connie11dn

I'm in my ninth week of using careprost and I am seeing some growth. Some lashes are particularly longer than others and some I can see are just starting to sprout out! I am loving this product, but recently i've noticed that my right eye has thicker and fuller lashes than my left -like SIGNIFICANTLY so. I don't know if this is something that others have experienced with the product, but it is really annoying. Besides that I know that seeing the affect at its fullest potential is at around 6 months so I am hoping by then my lashes will even out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by blondie7997

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

SO I ordered careprost from all day chemist. I think the reason I give it two stars is because the quality from this ADC was lacking. I used two bottles worth and the first bottle seems fine. My lashes were getting a little longer, nothing great. I started the second bottle and my lashes started breaking, falling out and looking like crap. I stopped using the second bottle. Then my lashes started to grow back really long, and this time I was using nothing. I was really happy. But then they got short after a few months. I think you better be careful when buying from ADC. I do not believe them to have a quality product at all times. IT says something when you can get a bottle for under $10.. I dont think it is worth it to buy from them.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

I really like this! I have gone through only... I think 2 bottles of this in total. The first bottle I used really sparingly, so the results were definitely there, but not as good as when I used a bit more of it. While using the first bottle I didn't tell anyone I was using this. My cousin asked me if I was wearing mascara or something, while neither my mum, my sister or anyone else noticed any difference. When I bought two bottles of this and knew I was going to have enough for quite a long while, I used more of this and people commented me on my lashes, asking if I was wearing makeup or if I had lash extensions, if I curl my lashes, and said that my lashes generally looked very long, dence, healthy and very curly. Many people I hadn't seen in a long time came up close and looked at my lashes. Me personally didn't notice that big of a difference as everyone else (it all happened over quite a long time - maybe I'm just got used to it?), but suddenly, everyone else seemed to have quite short, sparse and straight lashes... I'm not even jealous of my boyfriends luscious lashes anymore :P If you're wondering if I have super thick, super long lashes, then... no, I don't, but they're supposedly much better than they were before. They ARE very shiny and curly though :)
I buy my Careprost at med-pacific.com, for $18 a bottle. This is the only place I have found that ships to Europe. One bottle lasts about 4 months, but can last me up to 6, if I don't use any on my brows anymore (which are also finally prettyyy :D , but I also use Billion Dollar Brows on them). I apply the product right over/under my lash lines, and therefore rarely get it into my eyes. I apply with an eyeliner type brush I have left from Rapidlash (which I didn't really like). I use the product only once a day. I drip a drop of the liquid into the cap of the bottle and use it from there - I have rated the packaging 5 lippies because of this, because I think this is very hygienic - you don't contaminate any of the product in the bottle. The bottle could be a different colour though to not let as much light in.
I start to see the effects of the product after around 2 months of usage. What I have noticed using the product: darker, longer lashes. They seem a bit denser, but not very much (although I'm very happy for my now full lashline). Careprost makes my lashes very shiny and curly (I've gone from 140 to 110 degrees approximately). I have light brown eyes and haven't noticed any darkening of the iris. I DO have a little darkening of the skin where the product is applied though: there was initially more. . The "discolouration" doesn't bother me - it barely shows, especially if I'm well rested ;) Really, it's just the skin making blood vessels where this product is applied - more blood = more nutrtients to the skin = more hair. No itching, no burning, no difference in eyesight, none other side effects. The site I buy it from hasn't failed me yet; it takes quite some time (maybe around 3 weeks) to receive the product, but no unexpected transactions (although the checkout process seemed too simple...) :)
I do understand people having concerns about a product meant for curing glaucoma (which if what Careprost actually is for), but at the same time, I also understand that having little lashes can feel like a problem for some people. I do recommend trying this, but of course, if any bad side effects occur, this may sadly not be suited for you. The price of this can vary from $10-30, but this works better than any other eyelash strengthener/lengthener I have used (I've used 4 others) and lasts longer, and I actually don't have any discomfort or side using this.
The only thing that annoys me a little about Careprost is that it seems to kinda get a lot of my lashes to follow the same growth cycle. What this means it that after some time of usage, several of my lashes may fall out at the same time, in the same spot, leaving gaps (my lashes aren't very dense). It isn't really a problem for me, but a little annoying.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by autumnskye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have such mixed feelings about Careprost. I used it on two occasions, the first time for about six months. I liked the results but didn't care to put unnecessary medication near my eyes, so I stopped. I used it again for nine months. I developed an annoying eye twitch in my left eye. Is it due to Careprost? I can't be certain. But if you research the active ingredient and 'eye twitch' there are a lot of women who were using this cosmetically that now have an eye twitch...scary. I'm hoping the eye twich subsides. I've never liked using a glaucoma mediaction near my eyes, but the lure of longer lashes got me. I'm going to just live with my stubby little lashes from now on.
And oddly, my lashes were longest at 13 weeks of daily initial use. I could never get them that long again, even though I followed the instructions to a tee.