MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Finally, after reading all of the reviews...I got this in NC10. My skin is dry during Winter. I am VERY happy with this product.
I am very surprised way how well it neutralizes the pink areas (top of nose, apple of cheeks). I am somewhat fair with yellow undertones. So, it's hard work finding a match that neutralizes the pinks but doesn;t make me look jaundiced:)
This works beautifully and without looking like a mask. Very hydrating yet not thick or gooey. Very natural finish. The best part is that I don't need to set it with powder! Pores are concealed and skin tone is even. Yay, one less layer of stuff to put on my face!!
If I am having a very dry skin day, I do need to touch up by mid-day.
I am definitely a fan!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not my favorite MAC foundation. Was matched to NW20, which I have in the past, but this shade/formulation looked a bit more orange/darker to me. I used the sponge included to apply, and used this up in 3 weeks! I suggest using a foundation brush or your fingers to apply this. The foundation has a cool feeling to it - almost reminds me of Vincent Longo's water canvas and it's clones that were out 10 years ago and it does provide hydration to the skin. I smell the sunscreen in it off and on all day, just like I did when I used MAC's lip balms and do not care for this. The finish is a bit sticky to me instead of drying smooth. I like Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse a LOT better than MAC's version and it is a fraction of the price, too.

Good coverage, easy to apply (I use the MAC 130 brush that I guess is promoted with the product), and long lasting. However, once again, the lightest shade is too dark! I use NW15 and it is still slightly too dark for my skin. I am not pale and have darker skin then many of my friends. I love MAC foundations but constantly have to mix them with other brands to make a light enough match. If they even made NW and NC10 shades their consumer base would expand since I know many people with skin too fair to use the brand.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I have used up two of these already. It give me medium coverage and a natural look. I have this in NC30 and its a perfect match for me. Not too great for oil control but I can handle that given the color match....nothing a few blotting sheets can't fix. I always seem to get compliments about my m/u whenever I use this foundation. As for application, I use either a 187 or the sponge it came with. Most days, i use the sponge since I'm a bit lazy with brush washing. Each one has lasted me about 3-4 months. I am going to keep purchasing this as long as they make it.

i haven't used mac foundations in years and the other day i was browsing the mac counter and came across this. i absolutely love the texture of this. my skin has been really dry lately and this has been really moisturizing and the finish is awesome. i love how convenient the packaging is when traveling or on the go. it comes with the puff that applys the foundation pretty well though a brush is best. i prefer the 187 or 188 but the sponge works perfect when in a pinch or on the go. this foundation really saved me this weekend when i thought that i would have way more time to apply my makeup but ended up having about 10 minutes to get a full face on for a wedding. i don't really need full coverage so this is perfect and the finish is beautiful. not matte but not a glow. i'm not sure if it's a satin finish but it really is a nice. i also LOVE that this does not have shimmer like mineralize satinfinish. i love the look of the satinfinish foundation but i hate the shimmer when you look close up. this stuff is very cool and works great for me!! i'm stoked about having found it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I cannot imagine what on earth makes me try MAC's foundations!?! Insanity, perhaps!?! I have tried Studio fix, Studio tech, Mineralize liquid and powder, Pro LongWear, Studio fix fluid, Studio sculpt and Face and Body. Along with everything else -- this broke me out in awful cystic acne within the first week of use. My skin is still healing from it. I loved the look, texture and coverage but my skin and MAC foundation products are not a match. Back to MAC it goes!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE 8/18/2012 I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I HATE THIS FOUNDATION. Its a cheap terrible formula with a bigger pricetag than it should have. Its my absolute worst foundation I have in my stash. Even their face & body foundation is a joke. I thought maybe it was just me and I was crazy but no.MAC makes very bad over priced foundations. The crap cakes up on my face & looks terrible even from a distance. I take very good care of my skin so it isnt a skin issue, It is just bad. period. Dont waste your money!! I switch up between using Chanel PL, Lancome Teint Miracle & Maybelline insant age rewind an or superstay 24 hour. Even Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is dreamy compared to this horrid MAC mineralize garbage.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The SA recommended this foundation when I told her I had dry skin issues. She matched me up with NC25. After trying it a couple of times I find that there isnt very much product for the $32 I spent on it so I am sure I will use this up in no time. Strike one :( It has a nice moist dewy sensation when applying but that feeling doesnt seem to ever go away. My skin feels damp for a long while after application. Strike 2 :(. The coverage is medium at best. I found that I do need concealor to touch up areas on my face just like the SA said I would. I needed concealor around my nose and eyes. The foundation also rubs off & fades very easily. Strike 3 :(. Just a couple days after purchasing this foundation I found a very close dupe to this at the drugstore. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Natural Beige. It is a tad darker but it still blends into my skin nicely and looks natural. DSM is actually a lot more cooling when being applied than MAC, set up much faster, has better coverage, has more product in the compact than MAC & is 1/3 the price ($9 & change)!!!! I am so happy I found this dupe. Overall I do like the MAC mineralize cream foundation but for the 3 strikes I will not repurchase. UPDATE: I find that with this particular formula I must make sure my skin is super exfoliated otherwise it accentuates dry patches.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this foundation b/c it has good coverage and feels nice on my skin. Its hydrating and not heavy. It has a natural finish and the color match is great. I normally wear NW20 but in this formula I need NW15 b/c it does run darker.

HOWEVER I hit pan on this faster than anything and I don't even wear it everyday. I've had it a month. Its too expensive considering how little product you get and how fast it goes. 0.35 oz for $32. I could get any other formula 1.3 oz for less at MAC.

The MA tried this on me. I liked the compact, applied easily, color match was just about perfect. The problem? I could the feel this foundation sitting on my face all day. Personally, I don't need or like heavy coverage. I could see someone liking this if they had drier skin or liked heavy coverage. All in all, a good product- just not for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favourite foundation from MAC and I think it's underrated. It's hydrating without being oily which is a godsend. Whenever I go to get a foundation for dry skin e.g. Chanel Pro Lumiere, Chanel Vitalumiere, Laura Mercier Moisturising they end up oily, do not look flattering unless your skin is naturally perfect and they don't stay on. They get all over your phone, gross.

The Mineralize liquid version of this is also nice for day but doesn't cover much and it's not hydrating like the cream.

Underneath this I wear Biotherm Aquasource gel, then Strobe Lotion, then buff in the foundation with a skunk brush and it's just beautiful. I take my fingers and pat more on where I need it like under the eyes and around the nose. I still need concealer (I generally just use Studio Fix Fluid in a shade lighter, NC25 because it doesn't seem to cake like the MAC concealers), then contour with Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark and voila, gorgeous skin.

I look fresh when I wear this. Maybe it's the layer of Strobe Lotion underneath it. I learnt that trick when I asked a MUA at MAC how she made her skin look so plump and hydrated when wearing Studio Fix Fluid which normally sucks up moisture like a sponge! She said (a - she gets dermabrasion treatments haha, and b - she puts the lotion on underneath).

I'm always told I'm an NW but I hate the look of NW, I prefer to look cooler it's less ageing, so I buy NC and warm it up with 'Warmth' bronzer by i.d. Bare Escentuals or Napoleon Mosaic bronzer.

This foundation is also buildable. After work i'll pat some over my t-zone and under the eyes. It rehydrates my skin and gives me more coverage for going out. Love it.

UPDATE: Found a better foundation - Napoleon Stick Foundation. Better coverage, better colours, better staying power.