October 23, 2014 | 1953 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i haven't used mac foundations in years and the other day i was browsing the mac counter and came across this. i absolutely love the texture of this. my skin has been really dry lately and this has been really moisturizing and the finish is awesome. i love how convenient the packaging is when traveling or on the go. it comes with the puff that applys the foundation pretty well though a brush is best. i prefer the 187 or 188 but the sponge works perfect when in a pinch or on the go. this foundation really saved me this weekend when i thought that i would have way more time to apply my makeup but ended up having about 10 minutes to get a full face on for a wedding. i don't really need full coverage so this is perfect and the finish is beautiful. not matte but not a glow. i'm not sure if it's a satin finish but it really is a nice. i also LOVE that this does not have shimmer like mineralize satinfinish. i love the look of the satinfinish foundation but i hate the shimmer when you look close up. this stuff is very cool and works great for me!! i'm stoked about having found it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Simplicity310

I cannot imagine what on earth makes me try MAC's foundations!?! Insanity, perhaps!?! I have tried Studio fix, Studio tech, Mineralize liquid and powder, Pro LongWear, Studio fix fluid, Studio sculpt and Face and Body. Along with everything else -- this broke me out in awful cystic acne within the first week of use. My skin is still healing from it. I loved the look, texture and coverage but my skin and MAC foundation products are not a match. Back to MAC it goes!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

UPDATE 8/18/2012 I CANNOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I HATE THIS FOUNDATION. Its a cheap terrible formula with a bigger pricetag than it should have. Its my absolute worst foundation I have in my stash. Even their face & body foundation is a joke. I thought maybe it was just me and I was crazy but no.MAC makes very bad over priced foundations. The crap cakes up on my face & looks terrible even from a distance. I take very good care of my skin so it isnt a skin issue, It is just bad. period. Dont waste your money!! I switch up between using Chanel PL, Lancome Teint Miracle & Maybelline insant age rewind an or superstay 24 hour. Even Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is dreamy compared to this horrid MAC mineralize garbage.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The SA recommended this foundation when I told her I had dry skin issues. She matched me up with NC25. After trying it a couple of times I find that there isnt very much product for the $32 I spent on it so I am sure I will use this up in no time. Strike one :( It has a nice moist dewy sensation when applying but that feeling doesnt seem to ever go away. My skin feels damp for a long while after application. Strike 2 :(. The coverage is medium at best. I found that I do need concealor to touch up areas on my face just like the SA said I would. I needed concealor around my nose and eyes. The foundation also rubs off & fades very easily. Strike 3 :(. Just a couple days after purchasing this foundation I found a very close dupe to this at the drugstore. Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse in Natural Beige. It is a tad darker but it still blends into my skin nicely and looks natural. DSM is actually a lot more cooling when being applied than MAC, set up much faster, has better coverage, has more product in the compact than MAC & is 1/3 the price ($9 & change)!!!! I am so happy I found this dupe. Overall I do like the MAC mineralize cream foundation but for the 3 strikes I will not repurchase. UPDATE: I find that with this particular formula I must make sure my skin is super exfoliated otherwise it accentuates dry patches.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation b/c it has good coverage and feels nice on my skin. Its hydrating and not heavy. It has a natural finish and the color match is great. I normally wear NW20 but in this formula I need NW15 b/c it does run darker.

HOWEVER I hit pan on this faster than anything and I don't even wear it everyday. I've had it a month. Its too expensive considering how little product you get and how fast it goes. 0.35 oz for $32. I could get any other formula 1.3 oz for less at MAC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by jann8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The MA tried this on me. I liked the compact, applied easily, color match was just about perfect. The problem? I could the feel this foundation sitting on my face all day. Personally, I don't need or like heavy coverage. I could see someone liking this if they had drier skin or liked heavy coverage. All in all, a good product- just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by emma_14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite foundation from MAC and I think it's underrated. It's hydrating without being oily which is a godsend. Whenever I go to get a foundation for dry skin e.g. Chanel Pro Lumiere, Chanel Vitalumiere, Laura Mercier Moisturising they end up oily, do not look flattering unless your skin is naturally perfect and they don't stay on. They get all over your phone, gross.

The Mineralize liquid version of this is also nice for day but doesn't cover much and it's not hydrating like the cream.

Underneath this I wear Biotherm Aquasource gel, then Strobe Lotion, then buff in the foundation with a skunk brush and it's just beautiful. I take my fingers and pat more on where I need it like under the eyes and around the nose. I still need concealer (I generally just use Studio Fix Fluid in a shade lighter, NC25 because it doesn't seem to cake like the MAC concealers), then contour with Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark and voila, gorgeous skin.

I look fresh when I wear this. Maybe it's the layer of Strobe Lotion underneath it. I learnt that trick when I asked a MUA at MAC how she made her skin look so plump and hydrated when wearing Studio Fix Fluid which normally sucks up moisture like a sponge! She said (a - she gets dermabrasion treatments haha, and b - she puts the lotion on underneath).

I'm always told I'm an NW but I hate the look of NW, I prefer to look cooler it's less ageing, so I buy NC and warm it up with 'Warmth' bronzer by i.d. Bare Escentuals or Napoleon Mosaic bronzer.

This foundation is also buildable. After work i'll pat some over my t-zone and under the eyes. It rehydrates my skin and gives me more coverage for going out. Love it.

UPDATE: Found a better foundation - Napoleon Stick Foundation. Better coverage, better colours, better staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by m4k3meup

I really, really wanted to love this, and really wanted it to work. Unfortunately, this foundation did not live up to what I had expected from reading other reviews and talking to different people.
The foundation itself is creamy which I really like, but it's also sticky which is bad. It takes a very, very long time to set, and honestly I think it never really loses that sticky feeling. It can be 5 hours later, a strands of my hair will stick to my face because of this foundation. I've never experienced that before, ever. This is also supposed to be one of MAC's less heavy foundations, but you can just feel it on your skin all day.
It really doesn't blend well. Don't get me wrong, the color match, was perfect (NC 15). It's probably the best color match I've ever found which is why I really wanted this foundation to work. It however, does not blend well. Even with the recommended #130 ($40) Brush, it just doesn't sit evenly. It really amplified any bumps, pores, lines, or imperfect areas on my face. The compact it comes in is super cute, but never opens correctly, the bottom compartment always opens first, and the sponge inside comes tumbling out.
Overall I found it's not the great foundation I wanted it to be. It never sets, has that sticky finish, amplifies imperfections, and doesn't blend (even with the "correct" brush).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sgr2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, one of the best foundations for my very dry skin.
I apply it with the Sigma flat brush, looks flawless...
You may need to check out a slightly lighter tone that your usual, I use NW20, so a bit lighter that my usual, I bought the NW25 before but for winter it is too dark. It really lasts, sometimes I put a little bit of Bare Minerals on top just to set it when I need more coverage. Easy to carry, easy to apply, very forgiving, I wish the compact could have more content, goes down fast so I do not use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I went into MAC to get a new lipstick. While I was there, I asked the MUA to reccomend me some foundation. I was at the point on giving up on MAC's range to be honest - I wanted beautiful yet natural coverage, good staying power and a colour to match my skin. I don't think I'm asking too much, right? My skin is 100% clear mostly, with a few very faded scars on my cheeks.
I've had a love/hate battle with the studio fix fluid (it turns orange on my PALE PALE face; NW15), the powder is great but tends to dry my skin out, the studio sculpt much the same and any of the others didnt give me a nice 'finish'.
She reccomended me this - applied it with a stippling brush and it looked beautiful. Cue the next day at work - blistering Australian heat (air con was not working in my store, apparently) and the foundation did not hold up on my face unfortunately, and felt greasy almost. I left it alone for a few days, favouring my Bourjois healthy mix until I was running late and the Mineralize compact was the easiest to get at. Let me mention because it is going into Autumn/Winter, the weather has cooled down this week - and at work, my skin GLOWED. In the cooler weather it feels moisturizing, looks dewey and completely natural. It stayed on all day (which is rare for me), covered flaws by itself, did not settle or cake into any unsightly spots and most important matched my pale skin without turning an odd colour. Oh - and my boyfriend; who never comments on my make-up by the way; told me my skin looked really beautiful. Let's just say I put it on at 10.30 am and it looks virtually the same and its nearly 9 at night. Unheard of for me! Maybe not for summer, but for a good part of the year this will be my go-to foundation. Definitely reccomended for those in a cooler climate! I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Heatherxlane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this foundation 5 days ago and so far I love it. I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those that I love at 1st and then in a month decide "it's just not for me". I REALLY don't think that will be the case however. As another person mentioned, it feels quite wet/liquidy to the finger. I wouldn't imagine that it would set the way that it does. As I get closer to 40, my skin is definitely drier especially in the winter months. I have tried so many different foundations searching for the right color, formula, finsh, coverage, staying power, etc. I've most recently tried the cheper brands...Revlon Colorstay, Maybelline Superstay..those types because I workout hard and sweat alot! I unfortunately am one of those people who has gotten used to seeing myself "made-up" so I also wear makeup to the gym. (really bad I know) Some of the "staying foundations" can set so quickly & thick and I feel like as I'm sweating my skin can't breathe..however the stuff does not sweat off, I'll give it that. I have worked out 3days so far with this makeup and so far so good. I do have some Revlon Mineral Color Stay Matte Bronze powder that I set it with just to keep it in place and to give a little added color. That powder is much like the Mac Mineralize powder, very light, sheer, not heavy...I figured I try it with it since I already had it. However, if I weren't working out I don't know that I'd really need a powder with this foundation...but it's not drying either. I have large pores (coming with age), fairly light skin, every little pimple I get leaves a mark/scar that takes forever to go away, dark circles, and starting to get few age spots (not a pretty picture, huh?) Well this covers great! Because of my bad skin I do still have to use a tiny bit of concealer or I've even gone over some blemishes with this foundation using a concealer brush. I almost feel like over time my skin might improve (as far as breakouts go) with this makeup because it just feels so flawless and natural but yet with great coverage! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT so far!!! With my Revlon mineral finishing powder I haven't had to touch up my face once...even after working out, other than under my eyes a bit. I use NC25...give it a try if your skin is on the dry side. I hope this can be my new favorite to last for a long long time...I hate the battle of always trying to find a new foundation and wasting so much money! BTW, this is my teenager's page...just in case you notice a discrepancy in the age.