April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! This is possibly the best foundation for people with dry skin like myself it just glides on. I also love the colour ranges as most foundations are too dark for me but light vanilla 51 is perfect. The price is also a bonus, after buying MAC foundation I sent it back for this its so better and never cakes up. I would definitely advise using Nivea primer underneath this foundation if you have dry skin:)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by CandidReviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Color Match:
I am slightly lighter than MAC's NC 30-35 and I use the shade 54 in this foundation.
Shade 54 is a warm (yellow) toned foundation that is slightly darker than me (though not noticeable.) I have neutral undertones, and the warm tone does not look orange on me. To be honest, it makes me look like I have a healthy color to my face.

Consistency/Texture:
The consistency is very creamy, lightweight and smooth. It blends EXTREMELY well, and does not flake over dry parts at all.

Coverage:
This is a light to medium coverage foundation that is really buildable. It covers bumpy, red blemishes really well. (I used to double it as concealer just to skip the color match madness.) It can also be sheered out for light coverage with a damp beauty blender, per say, just to even out your skin tone. It's really hard to make this foundation look cakey, which is great. Great foundation for a 'no makeup makeup' look, or a subtle makeup look.

Finish:
This has no shimmer/glitter, and dries to a natural finish — I would describe it as a matte finish with a glow to it. Translate: beautiful, natural skin. When I set it with my Mac Translucent Finishing Pressed Powder, it is more matte for the first few hours. However, it wears off throughout the day to give me a slightly dewy, natural finish that still looks good and not oily.

Lasting Power/Longevity:
This foundation claims to last 16 hours. I definitely have worn this for that long. It doesn't melt off my face or cake up after 16 hours, but it obviously doesn't look like how it did when it was first applied. The staying power is quite average, but it can pull through. I do notice that it is more obvious that I'm wearing foundation towards the end of the day though.

Application:
At first, I applied this to blemished, bumpy areas with a stippling brush and set it with powder with a powder puff. It looked terrible. After trial and error, i found that you had to pat it on blemishes with your fingers, and then set it with powder and a powder brush. That made it look flawless. I use a stippling brush to the rest of my face. The trick is finding the right application method.

Ingredients:
The reason why I picked this up was because it was supposed to be good for your skin. I first used it when I was on vacation in a much drier climate (versus my humid hometown), and my face cleared up almost completely within 2 weeks. This is probably because of the weather, but it proves that the foundation didn't stand in the way of clearing my skin either. (I did not previously wear foundation on a day-to-day basis.)

Scent:
This smells amazing. It has a fruity fragrance to it, like tropical apricots. It's really faint and can only be detected during the application. Once it's on your face, the scent disappears. Update: I've gone through the whole tube now and I still don't find the scent unpleasant.

Packaging:
The packaging is a plastic bottle with a pump mechanism. The pump mechanism does not operate with a 'straw' like object - instead, the coil at the bottom slowly pushes the entire foundation up the bottle so you don't waste ANY product. 10 out of 10 on packaging. Update: Newer packaging is glass and I'm no longer sure about the pump mechanism details.

Price:
This costed me the equivalent of US$26 at a drugstore in the city I live in. It's not exactly cheap, but not extremely pricey either.

Verdict:
Overall, I am very happy with this product. My only complaint is that I wished there were more foundation shades with indicators of its undertone. Otherwise, this is holy grail material.

color match - 54, slightly warm
texture/consistency - creamy, lightweight, extremely blendable, smooth
coverage - light to medium coverage, buildable
finish - natural. matte with a glow.
longevity - lasts 6 hours looking perfect but can wear without breaking apart for 16 hours.
application - best used with bare hands and setting with a large powder brush on blemishes. stippling brush can be used on other areas.
ingredients - supposedly beneficial
scent - fruity
packaging - plastic, coil mechanism. 10/10.
cost - equivalent to US$26. very reasonable where I live, especially for the quality.

Would I repurchase? Definite yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by irf7

I love this product. I have OILY SKIN and I was told this product probably wouldn't be suited to my skin type. It is so natural looking, easy to blend and dosn't make me break out. I do have to blot my face but not any more than other foundations. I also set my face with a powder, and the finish is good.

I got mine for $10 off Asos, and I'm onto my 4th bottle now. Great product, great price & great packaging.

(I'm an NC25 and I use a shade 53)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by tinka10

Great foundation! It's not too matte or too glowy on my skin, the fruity smell is divine and I love how the bottle has a pump. It hasn't caused any abnormal break outs either, which is nice for a change.

Already repurchased twice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

To be honest I regret buying this.. Not because of the product itself, but because I meant to get the serum formula, since i don't wear foundation ón an everyday basic. Besides that it'a an awesome foundation. Covers up, but still look natural. HOWEVER i really don't recommend this for oily skin. I have combinated skin, and it goes slightly greasy thrughout the day, with this foundation. For dry skin this would be AMAZING!:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by emilyh8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A really good all round foundation. I use 55 when I'm tanned and it matches my skin perfectly. It is medium coverage but very buildable. The name says it all, it makes my skin look really healthy and glowing and I love that about it. I have extremely sensitive and acne-prone skin and this foundation did not react badly with my skin at all, in fact I think it made my skin look so much cleaner and healthier. I really do love this product and the packing is great too, the pump is easy to control and it's a decent size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Francesca33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall I love this foundation. I tried it a year ago when it was the old packaging and thought it was brilliant and refreshing. So after a year of uming and ahing I repurchased it again. Originally I was shade 51 but there wasn't any in stock so went for 52 and glad I did because it suits my skin better in the summer! This is now my go to foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by cindygl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this a very while back but rarely used it because a) I purchased this for $32 which I consider pricey (I'm a drugstore make up kind of girl) and didn't want it wasting away too quickly and b) I had a lot of other foundations I owned that I was happy with at the time. I started using this recently more and more and quickly fell in love. The shade 55 is perfect on me and I love the medium coverage, it's now my everyday foundation. During a visit to Priceline I noticed it was on sale for $16 and one of the workers told me that they were discontinuing this product... Now I'm on the hunt for this foundation at every Priceline I can get to! If anyone in Australia (Western Syd area) has seen this foundation still in stock at a Priceline please somehow let me know! I need to stock up before it's all gone for good! I've even been buying shades 56 and 54 because I am so desperate to have this foundation. Love the smell, the coverage, doesn't leave me too oily and by the end of the day it's still on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by gina2328

I love everything about this foundation. I am NC20 and Shade 52 is a great match right now in the summer. I am actually NW20 face, and NC15-NC20 neck and NC20 works the best in foundation to make everything even out between my face and neck. I have the new version since I just purchased it from asos.com for $ 17 (free shipping!), so I am wondering what it must have been like before the reformulation.

The price is not inexpensive, nor expensive, sort of mid-range. I think for the price you pay, you are getting a quality foundation.

The coverage is excellent, medium at least. The wear is long lasting. One pump is enough for my entire face. I like that the finish is natural, like skin, doesn't look like I am wearing foundation. This foundation does a fairly good job of covering up my hyperpigmentation. It also feels good on my face, not heavy. This is good for combination skin which I have. I am very happy with this foundation, and plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sunsetbeach

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful everday foundation and gives an amazing fresh finish. Feels as good as some high end foundations. Such a shame it has been discontinued for the new updated version which is not as good as this. Please bring this version back!