November 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Even though this wore better throughout the day over the Gel Serum version, (Gel version unfortunately got quite oily around my nose), I didn't like the finish of this as much. It looked cakey than the Gel version and just didn't give me the pretty glow I was hoping for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by swiftandshout

This foundation is literally my DREAM foundation. I have very large pores and I'm quite insecure about them, so for years I've been searching for a foundation that gives me good coverage over my pores. This foundation does EXACTLY that, whereas every other foundation I've tested, does not.
As well as it's amazing coverage, this foundation is light on your skin and gives a dewy finish. It's very creamy and blends easily, giving a flawless and almost undetectable coverage. Bonus - it smells AMAZING! Since this foundation is so creamy, it can easily melt away it's not set with a powder. (I also use the Bourjois Unifying Powder which works great with the foundation.)
The only thing I can fault with this foundation is the packaging which can easily break if being transported... apart from that - this product is AMAZING and I would recommend it to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by libbier

I have normal/oily skin but it tends to be more oily and shiny at the moment as it is summer here in NZ. The foundation is around medium (less or more and buildable) and blends well. It is yellow toned which made the shade match really well. (I have light-medium skin and i use the shade 53 beige clair). Some reviews say that this foundation would not last or be ideal for oily skin however, the finish on my skin looks semi-matte not so dewy nor satin. I wore the foundation alone from midday to 10pm through sun exposure, wind and work, and it still stayed on and looked fine (shine did come through a little but no big deal). I bought it for $23NZD off ASOS which is so so cheap and actually cheaper than Maybelline and loreal over here. No breakout problem also smells nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by caedyn

**Just a short disclaimer, I live in Australia where makeup products are ridiculously overpriced.**

MY SKIN: I have combination skin (oily t-zone and chin, dry cheeks) and do suffer the occasional breakout, a few times a month. I have yellow undertones but extremely red cheeks.

THE PRODUCT
PRICE: This product retails for $32 AUD at Priceline. As you could probably expect, that isn't exactly in my budget so when I heard you could buy this cheaper on asos.com, I was very happy. On asos.com, it costs $18-19 AUD, but I managed to get in on sale for $13 dollars - SCORE!

CONSISTENCY: Of a medium thickness, easily blended with fingers. I apply this with a flat foundation brush and manage to get a fairly even application.

SHADES: I think there are around 6-8 shades available - I've only ever seen about 6 at one time for sale. Mainly lighter shades and all of yellow undertones which is good for me, but most likely not for others. I bought this is the shade #52 - Vanilla/Vanille. When first applied, the product appears too yellow for my skin but after about 30 seconds, seems to 'adapt' to a more natural tone.

PACKAGING: I personally like the packaging - the red pump is quite appealing and works well. No mess with this product.

SCENT: What the heck is the fragrance in this!? It's definitely not a fruity smell but it is quite nice. I prefer fragrance free products but this isn't too bad.

STAYING POWER: When powdered, this lasted a good 8-9 hours on my skin. If my skin was normal-dry, I'd probably be able to wear it for 12-16 hours, but that's not the case with my skin.

COVERAGE: I'd say light to medium. Buildable. A concealer is still required to cover my acne scarring and any spots I have.

BREAKOUTS: As far as I know, this hasn't caused any major breakouts, if any at all.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS TO OTHERS?: No. It's definitely not my favourite foundation - I much prefer Rimmel Wake Me Up and Maybelline Superstay. This foundation isn't amazing. It's just good. I don't love it but I don't hate it.

WOULD I REPURCHASE THIS?: No. This just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GraceyKentera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The reviews on this product aren't wrong- this is my holy grail of foundations!
Bourjois is a French company that produces their foundations in the same factory as Chanel- and I secretly suspect the formula to the healthy mix range is very very similar (if not the same) as Chanel; perhaps as a way of getting more affordable products to the masses Chanel is bottling their product under another name.
I would recommend this foundation to anyone who asks- it glides over my face so smoothly, lasts throughout the entire day and even smells nice! Buy it buy it but it, you won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

Seriously, I have been struggling to find the perfect foundation and I've finally found it!! This foundation feels very light on my skin and gives me a nice dewey finish. The coverage is great. I had no problems covering my blemishes with this although many have said it doesn't provide a lot of coverage. I can wear this foundation without setting it with a powder. I love, love, love this stuff!! I just wish they sold this brand in America!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by gialastuin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was always trying to avoid any kind of foundation until I read these many awesome reviews... I bought it at Sasa for SGD 27.90. I tried the 52 and 53 shade on my hand first then decided to pick the 53 since it matched the color of my hand. It was the right decision.

Wore it for 10 hours with Rohto Acnes compact powder and it was such an amazing experience since I became more confident with the long lasting coverage, didn't feel anything like it wasn't thick at all. Yes, my t-zone became oily after 2 hours but it was still great, I can't tell you how relieve I am because of this foundation.

Updated : after around 8 hours, my kind of dry cheeks turned out cakey (if you saw my cheeks really closely). I don't really mind, I still love the light effect of it. My friendsssss and I love this foundation.

For those who have acne-prone skin, just buy this life saver...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally caved and bought this foundation three months ago after reading numerous positive reviews online and after hearing Lisa Eldridge talk about how good this foundation was and guess what, I think it is very deserving of the hype that it receives. I have shade 52 (Vanilla) and it is a perfect spot-on match for my light yellow-neutral NC20 skin tone.

The scent is absolutely delightful and fruity, packaging is excellent and is fuss-free and has a very convenient pump. This foundation lasts all day and provides a healthy dewy glow that is very natural (although I usually apply setting powder because I have oily-combination skin). One to two pumps is sufficient for my entire face and I would describe the coverage to be light-medium. It does slightly cling to dry patches but I haven't come across any foundation that hasn't done this. This hasn't broken me out and is also extremely moisturising but not oily. The foundation lasts the whole day for me when set with powder.

I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation based on the positive reviews, easy availability, and reasonable price point.

Things I liked about this: It smelled nice, kind of a gentle fruity scent that quickly dissipated. I have normal to dry skin and this glided over it, providing a light to medium coverage that can be built up. It has a very nice, natural, skin like finish, which is what I prefer. Not too matte, not too dewy. I noticed that it has a slight cooling sensation when I applied it. I loved the plastic pump dispenser with a cap. It's light, durable and spill proof for transport. I also like that it doesn't have SPF-sometimes a girl wants coverage without automatic sunscreen!

Things I did not like: This oxidised on me. Badly. I felt like an Oompa-Loompa (although I'm sure I'm the only one who thought so), because my skin started out looking alright, but by mid morning had darkened to a brownish orange tinge. Not pretty. That said, I did order mine off of Ebay, so maybe I got a dud? I said "No" to rebuying, but I may try the Healthy Mix Serum Gel in a lighter color to see if I have better luck. Other than the oxidation, this is a very nice foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Ohlalalaa

***Bourjois Healthy Mix Radiance Reveal
Foundation- Light Vanilla 51***

I hate matte finish foundations so I really was looking for something that would leave my skin radiant and dewy for my dry skin!

Pros
*leaves skin with a healthy glow
*glides on effortlessly
*doesnt cling to dry patches
*lasts well if powder is used on top
*the price is amazing! (£9.99)
*just as good as higher end foundations promising the same thing
*evens skin tone
*yummy smell! Really fruity!

Cons
*coverage isn't so good-very light so I have to use plenty of concealer
*packaging! I much prefer the old packaging. It is now in a glass bottle, yes it looks classier but I'm always afraid it smashes in my bag!
*shades- there are not a very good selection of shades and even the lightest one looks slightly yellow and tanned so I really have to blend it into my neck
And for darker skinned people there isn't a very big selection

Overall, I really like using this foundation so I will continue to use it. If you have dry/normal skin like me I would recommend it!