Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

4.1

WATER, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALCOHOL DENAT, FRAGRANCE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PANTHENOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SILICA, GLYCERIN, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CUCUMIS MELO (MELON) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID, PANTOLACTONE, SORBIC ACID

on 10/31/2014 6:09:00 AM

So, I have massive OCD when it comes to makeup but foundation especially. Honestly, i can probably say that over the last year and half i'm not far off spending £700. I have bought Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, which had too much of a powder finish for my combination skin, Giorgio Armani Luminous Skin foundation and i was so disappointed with this considering it was so expensive to buy. It didn't stay on at all and it made my face oilier than usual. Benefit Oxygen was exactly the same! I thought going for a fuller coverage foundation might be better for me so i bought a lot of these too: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, Smashbox studio finish and a lot more. Basically, i have spent a fortune for nothing... And then i fount the Bourjois Healthy Mix. For the price this foundation is amazing!!! When comparing this foundation to the huge list of products that i have already bought and tried, this foundation wins hands down. It keeps my forehead shine at bay, it gives a lovely finish (which i always struggle with because of my skin texture), it has great coverage and blends so unbelievably well, the colour matched my skin perfectly and you have full control of how much product you want to use depending on the type of finish/look that you want. OK, so it might not last as long Urban Decay but it puts up a good fight and for the price, you cant complain as it beats some of the other foundations that are mentioned above. When it gets to late afternoon, i just lightly brush my powder over my face and it looks smoother and fresher again without the powder really clinging to the foundation. I found this foundation through MakeupAlley under 'the best of the best' section and overall, i would have to agree!

on 10/28/2014 11:55:00 AM

I like the finish of this foundation. If I use my sigma f82 brush, I get a slightly dewy finish, if i use my beautyblender I get a glowy finish. So this foundation claims to provide a flawless finish while lasting up to 16 hours. Well I use around 1 pump of this foundation and i can cover up most of my acne scars. I'd say its a medium coverage foundation as I use estee lauder double wear (old formulation) and I also use around the equivalent of 1 pump but I get more coverage. As for the lasting power, it definitely did not last 16 hours. It barely lasted 3-4 hours on me. I wore this foundation at 7.20 am and at 10-11am my oil was breaking through. I didnt sweat or anything since I was in an aircon room. By the end of the day, I reached home at 10 pm, removed my makeup with bioderma and I only had to use 3 cotton pads as compared to the 7-8 pads I got from my double wear with the same wearing time. My face was super oily and shiny and I couldnt see any foundation on my face. I really wanted to like this foundation but I would only recommend it to dry-normal skinned girls. As an oily skinned girl I think ill stick to the double wear.

on 10/28/2014 6:13:00 AM

Great everyday foundation, perfect for work or school, as it is a build able coverage that can start from a light to medium or become full if desired. Smells pleasant, but could be irritating to sensitive skin prone to breakouts. Love this foundation for when I'm feeling lazy and need something that looks fool proof. The foundation makes my skin look light and refreshed, even thought I have oily skin, and this foundation does not enflame that at all, with the right powder the foundation can last all day.

on 10/23/2014 7:18:00 AM

I got this after reading reviews on here. I have acne prone skin, but this last winter my skin had been so dry and the foundations I was using just make it look dry and flaky and patchy.
Healthy mix has been fantastic, my skin looks fresh and dewy when wearing it. Even after finishing with a powder. You will need a powder and probably some kind of base too because it just doesn't last without it. Goes on and blends nicely, it's only a light to medium coverage, but can build it up a little and it still looks nice.
The smell is lovely and fruity. It is quite moisturising which I was looking for. I really like this and would definitely repurchase.

on 10/21/2014 6:09:00 PM

I'm reacting to this foundation but the healthy mix serum works just fine.
Not sure why but i am so disappointed because i bought this one off ebay from UK.

Color oxidizes to more "beige" and "orange" than the healthy mix serum, the latter doesn't really oxidizes.

on 10/9/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Drug store foundation with affordable price. Texture and smell is good, easy to apply whatever you use your fingers, foundation brush or puff.I think it suit for dry or normal skin type but on my oily-combination skin it's really bad which my face was getting greasy than usual.

Pros
-light coverage
-good smell
-affordable price
-smooth texture

Cons
-not suit for oily/combination skin type

on 10/8/2014 11:40:00 PM

I've been using this foundation on and off for about 2 years now. At first, I thought I liked it, mainly because it was the first drugstore foundation that matched my skin color (MAC NC20-25, Bourjois 52) and the coverage was great. However that was in London, where the air is less dry.

Now that I'm living in the US, the autumn/winter season is comparatively drier and my skin leans more combination/dry (oily on surface but dry underneath - oil/water imbalance... confusing, I know).

This is where this foundation falls apart.

Upon initial application, my face looks flawless, glowy, and natural (I use a beauty blender). But after around 3-4 hours, whether indoors or out, the foundation makes my skin feel like it's shriveling up. When I check in the mirror, I see a flakey mess (especially around my eyebrows, nose, and mouth under sunlight) and small wrinkles show up where I've never seen them before. Granted, it's not as bad as many other foundations I've tried, but flakey skin (even a little) is a huge no no as I strive for a more natural look.

NOTE: I always use a series of skincare items targeted to hydrate the skin before putting on any makeup so it's not an issue with my skincare routine. And there are definitely base makeup that do not show my flakey bits, like the Skin79 Gold Label BB Cream.

TIP: I always check my base under direct daylight, that's how I can tell if a foundation is truly natural-looking. I admit I am very picky when it comes to how natural my base looks, so if you're less picky, you may like this foundation a lot!

OVERALL:
Light/Medium buildable coverage
Satin finish
Most shades have neutral/yellow undertones
Packaging is made of glass with pump
Scent is light and slightly fruity, very pleasant

*******
TL;DR
(+)Get this foundation if you want great medium coverage and amazing shade matches (for neutral/yellow undertones) and you have anything but dry skin (flakey).

(-)Stay away if you are looking for a moisturizing foundation. This will show all your flakey bits a few hours of wear.

It is a great foundation overall, just doesn't work for people with dry flakey skin.

on 10/6/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been trying to find an SPF free (chemical SPFs often cause me probs) foundation with yellow undertones that I could wear day to day and that would suit my acne prone yet super dry skin. Sadly this isn't it! I like it, the coverage is heavier than I expected and it tends to find the drier areas of my face (round my nose, between eyebrows etc) and kind of congeal. It's not so bad that it's a total deal breaker but enough that it makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I don't put it on my very acne prone areas, lower jaw and chin because instinct tells me it will break me out if I do, unless I'm going out and it'll only be on for a few hours, in which case I put it everywhere. For me it works quite well as a going out base but I probably won't buy it again.

on 10/2/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Awesome product! I have super fair skin with olive undertone, so it is very difficult to find a light foundation that is not pink and doesn't cost half an arm. I wear shade 51 in the winter, and 52 in the summer, and both look fantastic, exact match for me. Very nice finish, easy to layer for some more coverage without looking cakey (although you still need concealer), and I wear it every day and it does not break me out (even though I have horribly oily acne-prone skin). Also a tip for Canadians, do not buy this at Shoppers, it is crazy overpriced (and I think they may only carry the serum version), but rather order it online :)

on 10/1/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It's not cheap here in Australia (around $32 if I remember correctly) but it has a gorgeous finish, lasts well and is easily buildable. Unfortunately the lightest shade is a tad dark for me, but I'll keep it around for when I'm a bit more tanned or mix it with a lightened because I love it so much!

Video Reviews & Tutorials