Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 10/26/2010 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic colour and fantastic formula! The colour has a punch but is natural looking (I have very pigmented lips) at the same time and you usually can't get both. Added to that the formula is like silk and very conditioning plus it lasts. It is versatile too because I can use it to just blot my lips lightly for a casual look which is awesome by itself (I have never been truly able to do that with any other lipstick) and it still hydrates wonderfully.

on 10/9/2010 11:06:00 AM

Eh. Call me crazy for buying into an ad, but I was craving that Vanessa Paradis look + caved into buying this Duty Free. Not a total disappointment, but not what I was hoping it would be, too brown for my liking. My first Chanel lipstick, and if this is the best of the bunch, probably my last.

on 9/29/2010 11:48:00 PM

I am lighter than NW15 and neutral, often leaning towards cool-toned. I wear Carmindy by Sally Hansen foundation in Porcelain, MUFE Mat Velvet + in No. 15, and MUFE F&B in #38. As many of you already know, this is the lipstick that Vanessa Paridis is wearing in the Rouge Coco ad, and is probably therefore the best-selling shade in the Rouge Coco range (surprise, surprise, since it is lucky No. 5!). I have a slight (ahem) obsession with rose lipsticks, so I knew I would love this one. Only it's not really just a rose lipstick - as mentioned in other reviews, it's a strange (but beautiful!) combination of rose-coral-honey-brown. It's a gorgeous everyday lipstick - I bought mine in April 2010, about a month after the Rouge Coco line was released, and by the end of the year I will most certainly need a new tube. I have never gone through a lipstick as quickly as I have with this one. My only gripe about this lipstick is about the color - while it is a beautiful color, sometimes I've noticed it can pull a little too coral on my neutral-cool skin, usually I notice it when I'm standing directly under a flourescent light. So I definitely recommend you try this lipstick out before you buy, because it might be a little too warm for some people. If that is the case, I recommend Incognito Rouge Allure as an alternative (which I've also reviewed). The lipstick has a light scent - it's the same scent of many of their skincare products - just a light, clean scent. The packaging is as luxurious as you would expect from Chanel. I would definitely recommend this lipstick to everyone (but remember to try before you buy!) and I will be repurchasing this lipstick many, many times in the future.

on 9/19/2010 4:54:00 PM

I tried this at the chanel counter after reading reviews and seeing the lovely ad featuring the mademoiselle lippie. It is a nice brick pink on me, definitely noticeable but not too in your face. It goes well with my pale, warm coloring with dark hair and does not pull orange at all. Looks similar to the ad with Vanessa Paradis. I can see it as a nice night out color, an alternative to red, or a polished daytime look if you want a lip color that is more than MLBB but not super bright. It is quite perfumed so if you don't like that then Chanel lipsticks are a no for you. Very nice color!

on 9/17/2010 4:24:00 AM

I was at the Chanel counter exchanging nail polishes, and the nice french! SA suggested I try this color. I had seen the AD, but wasn't blown away, (and didn't know until tonight it was the same color)....but I tried it anyway, Under the store lights, on my cool complexion, and medium pigmented lips, it looked way too pink...at least out of my comfort level. I forgot about it and finished the transaction....On my way out of the store, I caught my reflection in the mirror under more natural light...no other makeup, hair pulled back in a pony, and this lippie, and I actually thought "very french girl" (I read too many fashion mags) When I got home, my SO, who's spent lots of time abroad, said the color was very European...so there you have it. It's pink,but not overly so. It doesn't turn orange or yellowish on me dispite the fact that I'd describe it as a muted rose pink. It works with my fair skin tone, goes on smoothly, and lasts a decent amount of time, It's non drying, and light-not waxy or sticky. Will pick one up on my next trip to the mall,.

on 9/12/2010 6:56:00 AM

The colour is very flattering for my NC35 skintone. Like a pinky brown. It is creamy and opaque. Glides on like a dream. My lips still feel soft and supple after use.

on 9/3/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I fell for all the hype and great ads, but I do love having a luxurious lipstick (mostly I have Boots and MAC). The colour is quite pink on me (NC20) which I don't usually like, but I do get complements when wearing it (often teamed with a clear gloss) and it lasts very well on me. Recommended.

on 8/26/2010 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everything is beautiful about this lipstick. The colour is nicely pigmented, stays true and the texture is good. This shade is v wearable and yet doesn't fall under your usual neutrals or brights. The casing is a conversation piece in its own right. Its sleek, feels great to hold, the design is luxurious and that signature unobtrusive 'click' is so chanel classy. I only wish the lipstick has a bit more staying power. Everything slips off after 2-3 hours... hmm.

on 8/25/2010 6:27:00 AM

I love the way this colour looks in the advert with Vanessa Paradis, sadly on me it looks totally different :-( I am fair with blue eyes and my lips are quite pink, on me this showed a lot of orange which surprised me, the assistant on the counter agreed. She said it can have a slight coral edge to it on a lot of people. I like the texture and if the shade works for you I'm sure this looks great, for me I will look for something else. To be honest I feel like there is a lot of hype surrounding the Rouge Coco range and the fact is that matte lipsticks can be very difficult to wear-the power of advertising lured me in!

on 8/24/2010 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I must admit I buy Mademoiselle because of the hype and the fact that its has the same name as one of my fav perfume.
Its suppose to be the unique color that will looks different on everyone, but really I think every (sheer) lipcolors works that way. No same shade lipstick will turns out the same on different people.
Well on me (medium warm asian) the color show up as dusty muted pink rose. Actually almost the same color as my natural lips, but deeper. Its not glossy, but not matte either. The texture is almost like a lipbalm. Very smooth, not drying and comfortable without that lipsticky feeling or strong scent.
It will rub off, but it will not fade out completely. At least not for a good couple of hours.
For me its a very natural color, but its not really a nude color also (nude will be more beige and this one got a bit more pink to it). You can pair it up with dark smoky eyes but it also can stand on its on with a simple more lighter make up.
Its not a very warm or bright color on me (no coral, I'm sick of coral) which I actually enjoy because it looks more polished without looking too made up. A good subtle sophisticated daytime color.
The packaging I adore. It is metal (not plastic like the Hydrabase line) Feels sturdy and solid. Very nice quality packaging I must say. And it looks just as great, simple but yet very chic.
I like Mademoiselle but I am not totally in love with it. I do love the texture and the whole experience of Coco Rouge. I say, go to the counter and check it out yourself and see if you really like the color. If you don't you can always try the other beautiful colors.

Recommended for Medium Skin