December 19, 2014 | 1439 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by sherbyham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Everything is beautiful about this lipstick. The colour is nicely pigmented, stays true and the texture is good. This shade is v wearable and yet doesn't fall under your usual neutrals or brights. The casing is a conversation piece in its own right. Its sleek, feels great to hold, the design is luxurious and that signature unobtrusive 'click' is so chanel classy. I only wish the lipstick has a bit more staying power. Everything slips off after 2-3 hours... hmm.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

I love the way this colour looks in the advert with Vanessa Paradis, sadly on me it looks totally different :-( I am fair with blue eyes and my lips are quite pink, on me this showed a lot of orange which surprised me, the assistant on the counter agreed. She said it can have a slight coral edge to it on a lot of people. I like the texture and if the shade works for you I'm sure this looks great, for me I will look for something else. To be honest I feel like there is a lot of hype surrounding the Rouge Coco range and the fact is that matte lipsticks can be very difficult to wear-the power of advertising lured me in!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nophie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I must admit I buy Mademoiselle because of the hype and the fact that its has the same name as one of my fav perfume.
Its suppose to be the unique color that will looks different on everyone, but really I think every (sheer) lipcolors works that way. No same shade lipstick will turns out the same on different people.
Well on me (medium warm asian) the color show up as dusty muted pink rose. Actually almost the same color as my natural lips, but deeper. Its not glossy, but not matte either. The texture is almost like a lipbalm. Very smooth, not drying and comfortable without that lipsticky feeling or strong scent.
It will rub off, but it will not fade out completely. At least not for a good couple of hours.
For me its a very natural color, but its not really a nude color also (nude will be more beige and this one got a bit more pink to it). You can pair it up with dark smoky eyes but it also can stand on its on with a simple more lighter make up.
Its not a very warm or bright color on me (no coral, I'm sick of coral) which I actually enjoy because it looks more polished without looking too made up. A good subtle sophisticated daytime color.
The packaging I adore. It is metal (not plastic like the Hydrabase line) Feels sturdy and solid. Very nice quality packaging I must say. And it looks just as great, simple but yet very chic.
I like Mademoiselle but I am not totally in love with it. I do love the texture and the whole experience of Coco Rouge. I say, go to the counter and check it out yourself and see if you really like the color. If you don't you can always try the other beautiful colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by cremednude

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love it... I was scared to try a red Lipstick as they are so vibrant and I dont like to draw attention. I bought a red one from MAC and gave it to my mum. It was SO red! I then saw the Chanel advertisment in which the model was wearing this lipstick and instantly feel in love. its so polished and classy and the staying power is great. For anyone looking for a subtle red this is your best bet!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by soaper1

I love this lipstick. It's a great color that pulls my look together for a very polished look. The formula is smooth & long lasting. It's very pigmented. Wears very well & stays on for hours without drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by cherrytruffle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes I bought into the hype that because a lipstick costs $30 it must be super good. I also bought into the hype that this was the must have of the season...so I was anxious to try it. This is my first experience with Chanel lipstick. The color is nice but this formula dries my lips. So much so that after I have had it on for a few hours my lips start to chap and I can pick the dry parts that start the peel. THIS for $30 ? Please...I've had better results from a $5 Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Make room for me on the bandwagon. I bought this because of the glowing review in Lucky by Jean Godfrey-June -- the only beauty editor in the world who wears hardly any makeup. But generally her recommendations are spot-on for me since I prefer a natural-but-polished look.

The texture is divine, not too shiny and just creamy enough that my lips seem fuller and poutier. And the color is perfection against my skintone (NC25). It's a rosy pink that can add elegance to everything from jeans and a sweater to a cocktail dress. This is a weird comparison but it's the precise color of a mosquito bite -- basically your skin but naturally flushed.

Pricy at $30 for a tube but if you're only going to buy one lipstick this fall, make this it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to admit I bought this colour because of all the hype and great reviews on here but I find it is not as nice on my cool-toned pale complexion as I hoped. I like that it has no shimmer and the consistency of the lipstick is lovely, hydrating and easy to apply. Although I do like it, I don't like it as much as my first Rouge Coco which was perle. I won't be re-purchasing this shade but am thinking of purchasing Camelia from the same line since I do like the lipstick itself a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jubez

This was the first Rouge Coco I bought when the line launched in Canada at my local Chanel counter. 05 is supposed to be the 'chameleon' color because it will look different on everyone. I am Asian with warm undertones (NC35-40) with black hair and brown eyes. I have medium pigmented lips and this color shows up as a deepened rose that runs more pink on me. It instantly makes me look polished and put together, it's a very romantic and sensual color. One swipe on my bottom lip is enough to cover my entire lip area, so they are nicely pigmented being rich in color. The Rouge Coco range is moisturizing but not as much as the Rouge Allure line in my opinion. Staying power is great and I have a habit of blotting my lips together, on average about 3 hours. The packaging looks identical to the now discontinued Hydrabase line, but is encased in metal not plastic so it is a hefty piece and it is cool to the touch. The cap shuts with a very satisfying 'click' so you don't have to worry about it opening in your purse. This is $38CAN.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Chelseawilliamstx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this lipstick for day or night. I put it on litely during the day, but at night I will put it on a little heavier. I would buy this product again, and I would recommend this lipstick to anyone and everyone. This is my favorite lipstick ever.