August 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetkandi87

OMG I LOVE this polish! It is the PERFECT fall color, and it is also work friendly. The brush was something I was skeptical about when I first saw it, but it makes the polish apply like a dream and produces a nice coat that is not streaky or goopy. I will definitely buy this again! I cant wait to try other colors in this line :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an okay taupey-gray color, but I just don't get the hype. First of all, the brush is awful, and the formula itself is really sticky and has to be applied thickly to look nice. Also, I find that this polish shrinks horribly and isn't very long-lasting, even with a topcoat. As far as price goes, I could've paid maybe $1 and gotten a salon-quality product that would've worked much better. I'll probably wear this a few more times because I kind of like the color, but as soon as I can find a similar gray, this guy's going in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by HisFirst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this polish...I love that it is long lasting and I'm really rough on polish. The color on me is a purplish, cocoa, taupe color. I absolutely love it and have worn it all year long. Not just in the fall. I'll definitely buy this product again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 10:04:00 AM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

When you're ready to put away your summer brights and neons, Steel Grey is THE PERFECT FALL SHADE. The quintessential "greige", steel grey is definitely work appropriate but still edgy. It's a subtle color that will get you noticed and garner many compliments. Application was a dream, opacity was achieved with one coat. The flat tapered brush took a little getting used to but produced a streak free look and minimized np spillovers onto the sides of the nailbed. And it's cheap! Recommend highly!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kristaax

I love love love this nail polish!
It looks grey in the bottle but when you apply it on your nails it looks kind of taupe-ish grey, and in direct sunlight it looks grey-ish purple! I have this on my toes and when I went outside to play with my dogs and I saw that my toes look purple! I love it! And I absolutely LOVE the brush, its very easy to apply and coats the nails evenly and nicely.
I get so many compliments on the color, people don't know if it's grey or taupe or purple. Absolutely lovely color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by jawjuhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Rimmel Steel Grey after being obsessed with finding the perfect taupe nail polish. First I bought AA Mouse, which is nice, but I much prefer this. It's a gorgeous color that's darker than Mouse and the perfect perfect mushroom greige. The formula is fantastic for the price and comparable to brands such as OPI. This is actually a one coater, although sometimes I like to do two. The brush is so easy to apply with and I think it's one of my favorite np brushes. I can't really attest to the lasts 10 days aspect of this nail polish since my nails are in terrible condition and I change my mani a LOT but I love love love this product and would definitely repurchase and am looking to buy other nps from the line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

I recently bought a pair of pale pink suede and leather peeptoe heels to wear to a dear friend's wedding, and needed a nail polish to go with them. i ruled out dark plums and blues as i wanted something a bit more subtle, and many people suggested a taupe or grey. i found rimmel's steel grey at my local target for under $4.00 USD and gave it a try. much to my delight, the polish was wonderfully complex, a medium, slightly cool grey in some lights, and leaning toward a grey-ish lavender in others. i think i've found my fall color. and yes, the polish looked amazing next to my shoes :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by LadyAmaryllis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this polish! Here's the rundown:

Color: wonderful "griege," not too cool and not too warm, and darker than American Apparel's Mouse, which made me look like a zombie. There's a touch of purple in this in certain lighting. This was my first foray into the world of grieges and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like this color on me!!

Texture: a little thick but nothing a few drops of nail polish thinner couldn't help. Otherwise, I achieved a perfectly opaque look in two coats. No bubbling, reasonably dry time when topped with Seche Vite or SH InstaDri. Wears pretty well, too! Minimal tip wear and chipping after 4 days. (I use SH Nail Quencher, 2 coats polish, 1 coat SV)

Price:~$3 at Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, etc. etc.

Packaging: i LOVE the new bottle! It's a squared off glass bottle, nice and hefty, reminiscent of the SH Salon Perfect nail color bottles. But the cap is what makes it--glossy black and topped with a little silver crown emblem! Super cute. The brush itself is very nice--flat a la OPI's prowide, but with a curved free edge rather than a square one. Think of the shape of a lip brush.

Pros: color, opacity, price, dry time

Cons:a little thick at first

Overall: BELEIVE THE HYPE! Don't waste your $$ on OPI's and $OPIs, etc. just run out and get this :) you will not regret it for a single second.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by loveheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Violet

just so so

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dupe for Sally Hansen's Commander-in-Chic but cheaper. Nice wide thick brush. Good with one coat but nicer with two. Greige with purple. Beautiful but already own SH.