August 27, 2014 | 1852 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am hesitant to use brushes for liquid foundation, because they seem to soak up so much of it, and I hate to waste foundation. I'm also afraid of getting too much product on my face. But I wanted to try this one (again after seeing it on YouTube).... And the verdict is, I like it. Although its a duo fiber brush, the bristles are much shorter than the 187 and 188, so less product will be soaked up, you get less on the brush, and you have a lot more control over the application (vs. the 187, 188 or 190 brushes). I mainly use it for foundation, but it works great for cream blushes, particularly those that come in tiny pots, where you need to use a brush to get the color out... (Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow comes to mind). I wouldn't say that it's an absolute "must-have" brush (as you really don't need a brush to apply foundation), but it's a nice brush to get if you are growing your collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by diddyscafe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this to buff in regular loose powder and the result is perfect, perfect airbrushed finish. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Nima

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those few brushes, I wish Mac had released before the 187 and the 188. This brush resembles a flat top foundation/buffer brush though with a smaller head. And of course, it is duo fiber, which makes it all the better. I find this brush has multiple uses. Works well with cream products as well as powder products as with thinner liquid foundations like the Nars sheer glow or Mac Face and Body etc.

If your liquid foundation drys faster, or if you have dry skin, you might feel let down with this brush as the liquid foundation will seems to cake up in some areas.

Once of the primary reasons I like this brush is because it allows me to stipple as well as swirl and buff the product into the skin... which I believe is what gives a smooth flawless application every time.

Overall, one of my top must have recommendations.

Though I hate paying a fortune for it, I pacify myself, like most of us, that "it is an investment"! Quality, value for money, lasts for years etc.

Funny enough, my Mac artist discouraged me from making this purchase. Which shows, this brush comes down to a matter of personal choice! So ask your Mac artist to let you play with their brush before you make the purchase so you can find the many uses for yourself and determine if this brush is the one for you!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this!!! I use it to blend Touche Éclat under my eyes and i does the job fantastic. It is rather expensive but it is worth all the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by allaccessalex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was really excited to buy this brush, i had high expectations but when i went to use if with my Makeup Forever hd foundation in 120 i looked very cakey. when i use it with a powder it does work well.. but it scratched the product and left alot of dust everywhere. i havent used it with a cream yet but i think it will be very good with appling it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I swore I'd never buy anything from MAC because it seemed I could find a comparable dupe for every product I pined for...but not for this brush. So, I reluctantly went into my local MAC store with my husband and lo and behold, they were out of the 130. So I grabbed his hand and yanked him out of that store just as the MAC rep was trying to get my address and phone number..eesh! That was close. The next week, we tried again and YAY! There it was!! Looked like they just got a new shipment of them in as there were about 15 of the brushes in a little plastic jar. Woohoo! I snatched one up and went to the counter, paid the lady and ran outta there. This exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds...definitely worth the money. The brush is well made and perfect for applying my cream/liquid foundation, under eye and spot concealer and cream blushes. My whole make up application is flawless now that I use a sparing amount of product to get an airbrushed, perfect coverage with any product I use. I'm in looooove! This lil puppy is saving me money cause I use less product and tightening up my make up application because it's so multi purpose. I wish this brush came out a long time ago..could have saved even more $$$ but I'm dang happy to have it as an addition to my brush collection. I use this and my Sonia Kashuk flat topped brush to do all of my face make up...fabulous! J'adore'! And it's exquisite for general skin care and anti-aging as it doesn't tug at your skin one bit! It's so soft and glides over your skin like a gentle breeze. :):)

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by vonns84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm obsessed with this brush. Can use it for so many things...good for contouring, highlighting, foundation application, concealing (around whole eye)...... it makes me happy. I do find that when you clean it it sheds a teenie bit, but I feel like any brush would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bagpuss21

I do like this brush, even the price I felt was justified if it meant it would last years but......its not AMAZING IMO, After I clean the brush (using Mac Brush Cleanser) it shreds quite a bit leaving little black hairs on my face that are tricky to get off your just done foundation. I love how it gets in all the nooks around your nose and its easy to work with...I actually enjoy using it...just wish it didnt shred.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first duo-fibre brush. I wrestled with getting the 187, 188 or this but when I saw this one in the store and felt it, it seemed like it would be the best brush for my needs.

This is a fantastic multi-purpose brush. I wanted something small so I could apply blush just where I wanted it and then buff it out from there and the 130 is perfect for that. But it's also great for applying both liquid foundation and mineral powders. It's great for applying MAC's MSF highlighters too as the small size lets you put it just where you want it and the texture allows you to buff out the highlighter to a lovely sheen if that's what you want to do. And believe it or not, I will sometimes use it after I've applied my eyeshadows, to buff all the shades together seamlessly and it gives a great result. If the brush weren't so pricey, I'd buy another one or 2 but it's also so easy to wipe this off on a clean, dry towel if need be, if I'm switching between using it for blush and highlighter, for example.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For foundation, this does not work at all for me. It just drags the faoundation across my face and how small it is, it cannot buff it in. Instead, I use this with my cream colour base in Hush by MAC for highlighting the top of my cheek bones and it works amazing! I gives the small area a buffed out natural finish. Will stick to my Sigma 197 for foundation, but will continute to use this for my highlight!