Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 5.0%, TITANIUM DIOXIDE 8.5%, ZINC OXIDE 2.94% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CAPYRLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SD ALCOHOL 40, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEPTYL UNDECYLENATE, LECITHIN, PEG/PPG -20/15 DIMETHICONE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, C12-16 ALCOHOLS, DIACETYL BOLDINE, DIMETHICONE/METHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GELATIN, GENISTEIN, GLYCYRRHETINIC ACID, ALPHA LIPOIC ACID, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PALMITIC ACID, PEG-12 GLYCERYL DIMYRISTATE, POLYGLYCERYL-3 PALMITATE, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM (TOMATO) FRUIT EXTRACT, SQUALANE, SUCROSE, TOCOPHEROL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, UBIQUINONE, XANTHAN GUM, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, ETHYLENE BRASSYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my first tinted moisturizer. I've always thought that tinted moisturizers were a complete waste of money but this one convinced me of the opposite! Its most important feature is that it has a spf 50, which is great when you have a sensitive skin (and a "I hate sun" thing going on) and want to stay protected also in winter. It has a light coverage, but not like you don't have nothing on your face, just a subtle, healthy color. And I found it also really hydrating, with a fluid, very pleasant texture.

On the package they described it "long wearing, perspiration resistant, water resistant" ; I don't think it's really long wearing, I've always wear it with powder on, but after a day I found hardly any makeup on the pad; anyway I think this is quite normal otherwise it would be a foundation not just a tinted moisturizer. I think it's a great product for light make up: it gives you an even skin tone and you can just add a hint of blush and you're ready to go.

I've bought the lightest SHADE (Ivory to Fair) and it suites me perfectly because I've got yellow undertones, but for a neutral skin I think maybe it could be too yellow.

The PACKAGING is simple, but cute; it's very little, with a pump, and in a bright orange and fuchsia colors. It's great for traveling: I've taken it with me in my last two weekend getaways and it was the best choice for an essential make up bag!

I've already bought another bottle so two thumbs up for this product!!

on 1/16/2011 11:03:00 PM

I have to sadly say that this particular tinted moisturizer did not work for me. I bought this for $7.00 because it was 50% off. I was really excited to try this product (my first tinted moisturizer) but when I did it broke me out. I do have combination skin and I liked the how this didn't make me oily. It did not cover my acne scars but it did hide them that from a certain way you couldn't see them and u loved that. I bougt the light to natural color and it was too light for me. I am Mexican American an I do have naturally tan skin but the natural to tan seemed too dark for me. I honestly think that this product would of been my love if it hadn't broken me out. I'm not so crazy about the original prize if I could always find it 50% off then I guess it could be worth it. I hope this helps some of you girls.I will keep on searching for another tinted moisturizer.

on 1/16/2011 10:45:00 AM

I was walking through the drugstore makeup aisle and I saw this products. I had already heard about it and wanted to try it out. It's pretty expensive; about $12 or so. But then I noticed they had "Ivory to Fair" on clearance for about $6 so it was a must. I think I know why it was on clearance, they color was pretty dark for fair skin and it was runny. I'm sure if you pay the true $12 price you'll get your moneys worth. Hopefully! I use it often but I'm not in love with it.

on 1/13/2011 4:14:00 AM

Do you remember when you were a kid and your mom would chase you around the house trying to slather sunscreen on your face so you won't get burned at the beach? Do you remember how you ran for dear life to avoid that sticky, icky, oily mess on your face? Well.....this stuff sort of reminds me of that feeling. The physician's formula healthy wear tinted moisturizer is pretty much 80% sunscreen and 20% "tint". It has pretty good coverage for a tinted moisturizer, but it is greasy as hell. I have combo skin and this stuff exacerbates my oil glands like nobody's business. I only use this on trips to extremely hot places so I'll be forced to use it or burn. The one redeeming factor is probably the SPF. I recall going to a themepark with a group of friends on a SUPER hot day and they were all wearing SPF 30 sunscreen, I was wearing this tinted moisturizer and I was the only one who did not go home slightly burnt. Bottom line is, it works, but make sure you set with A LOT of powder!

NOTE: This tends to run a little dark, definitely go down a shade. It's not the end of the world to end up with a slightly darker shade though, since I do enjoy the healthy bronzey glowy look.

on 1/10/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great coverage for a tinted moisturizer. i bought the second to darkest shade and it was way to dark for my skin. i have oily skin and the light tint it does have stayed on my face all day. the consistancy is a little runny but easy to blend. this is a great product for summer not winter.

on 12/25/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Dang - have to edit and take off a lippie. It's not great for my skin when it's warm. For some reason my face has been oiler lately (weekly chemical peels) and I need something with a more matte finish.

HG. Gives me a lot of coverage for a tm. I have seriously screwed up skin and this makes me look better without looking fake.

SPF 50 is great - use it alone in winter and over a Eucerin SPF 30 in summer. If it's hot out I use a mineral powder to set it.

Every time I wear it my boyfriend tells me I'm "glowy", which I am not naturally.

A bit expensive for DG makeup, so I wait for a bogo or coupon.

on 12/23/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I liked this, but I won't be wearing it again anytime soon. I liked the coverage it gave and the natural matte finish. The high SPF is a plus as well. However, the color is off. I bought the lightest shade (Ivory to Fair) and it is way too dark for me. I am about a NC10-15 right now, so I'll probably save this for the summer.

on 12/6/2010 7:35:00 PM

My ABSOLUTE favorite!

The proof is in my recent pictures! For graduation day (and later, night), I first used serum, then the tinted SPF50 moisturizer + SPF50 translucent pressed powder + SPF50 Bronzer (all PF minus the serum) - it's the best and easiest combo i've ever used! I use a big powder brush for the the pressed powder and a medium-sized brush for the bronzer. A little goes a long way. My skin looked flawless and radiant - I haven't seen that in my pics in a while. It also didn't cake up.

I was a die-hard MAC user untl now. When I was a MAC user, I'd have to use the SPF lotion, wait to let it dry and then apply the Fix - for a med student, that's forever. I was also considering getting HD for the paparazzi moments, but now I know I don't need to!

I've tried other pricier brands (LM, Stila, etc) - PF is *the* winner in my book.

The whole combo has been lasting me 4 months so far, and still going - and I use it everyday!

P.S. - i was using the SPF15 version before this, this SPF50 is beyond better - in texture and quality. not runny like its predecessor.

on 11/26/2010 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I originally bought this because of the high SPF and at first I didnt like that it was tinted but I have since changed my mind about that. While I dont use this in place of foundation, I like how it evens out my skin tone quite a bit. i have a lot of redness so I need all the help I can get. My plan had been to only use this in the summer but when I ran out I missed it and started using it again. (I had a second one because I bought a bonus pack) I will definately repurchase.

on 11/18/2010 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great product for the price. This is the perfect product for summer for me with the spf 50 coverage. It may be a little greasy for those with oily skin, but should be perfect for those with normal and dry skin. I love that the packaging is plastic and easy to carry with you if you are going to the beach and want to use this as reapplication for your spf. It is perfect with a little powder to set and lasts well all day. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this product did not break me out.