October 2, 2014 | 1421 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

Do you remember when you were a kid and your mom would chase you around the house trying to slather sunscreen on your face so you won't get burned at the beach? Do you remember how you ran for dear life to avoid that sticky, icky, oily mess on your face? Well.....this stuff sort of reminds me of that feeling. The physician's formula healthy wear tinted moisturizer is pretty much 80% sunscreen and 20% "tint". It has pretty good coverage for a tinted moisturizer, but it is greasy as hell. I have combo skin and this stuff exacerbates my oil glands like nobody's business. I only use this on trips to extremely hot places so I'll be forced to use it or burn. The one redeeming factor is probably the SPF. I recall going to a themepark with a group of friends on a SUPER hot day and they were all wearing SPF 30 sunscreen, I was wearing this tinted moisturizer and I was the only one who did not go home slightly burnt. Bottom line is, it works, but make sure you set with A LOT of powder!

NOTE: This tends to run a little dark, definitely go down a shade. It's not the end of the world to end up with a slightly darker shade though, since I do enjoy the healthy bronzey glowy look.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by melisahere20

great coverage for a tinted moisturizer. i bought the second to darkest shade and it was way to dark for my skin. i have oily skin and the light tint it does have stayed on my face all day. the consistancy is a little runny but easy to blend. this is a great product for summer not winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Dang - have to edit and take off a lippie. It's not great for my skin when it's warm. For some reason my face has been oiler lately (weekly chemical peels) and I need something with a more matte finish.

HG. Gives me a lot of coverage for a tm. I have seriously screwed up skin and this makes me look better without looking fake.

SPF 50 is great - use it alone in winter and over a Eucerin SPF 30 in summer. If it's hot out I use a mineral powder to set it.

Every time I wear it my boyfriend tells me I'm "glowy", which I am not naturally.

A bit expensive for DG makeup, so I wait for a bogo or coupon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by jess213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this, but I won't be wearing it again anytime soon. I liked the coverage it gave and the natural matte finish. The high SPF is a plus as well. However, the color is off. I bought the lightest shade (Ivory to Fair) and it is way too dark for me. I am about a NC10-15 right now, so I'll probably save this for the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by khanif247

My ABSOLUTE favorite!

The proof is in my recent pictures! For graduation day (and later, night), I first used serum, then the tinted SPF50 moisturizer + SPF50 translucent pressed powder + SPF50 Bronzer (all PF minus the serum) - it's the best and easiest combo i've ever used! I use a big powder brush for the the pressed powder and a medium-sized brush for the bronzer. A little goes a long way. My skin looked flawless and radiant - I haven't seen that in my pics in a while. It also didn't cake up.

I was a die-hard MAC user untl now. When I was a MAC user, I'd have to use the SPF lotion, wait to let it dry and then apply the Fix - for a med student, that's forever. I was also considering getting HD for the paparazzi moments, but now I know I don't need to!

I've tried other pricier brands (LM, Stila, etc) - PF is *the* winner in my book.

The whole combo has been lasting me 4 months so far, and still going - and I use it everyday!

P.S. - i was using the SPF15 version before this, this SPF50 is beyond better - in texture and quality. not runny like its predecessor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally bought this because of the high SPF and at first I didnt like that it was tinted but I have since changed my mind about that. While I dont use this in place of foundation, I like how it evens out my skin tone quite a bit. i have a lot of redness so I need all the help I can get. My plan had been to only use this in the summer but when I ran out I missed it and started using it again. (I had a second one because I bought a bonus pack) I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Great product for the price. This is the perfect product for summer for me with the spf 50 coverage. It may be a little greasy for those with oily skin, but should be perfect for those with normal and dry skin. I love that the packaging is plastic and easy to carry with you if you are going to the beach and want to use this as reapplication for your spf. It is perfect with a little powder to set and lasts well all day. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this product did not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff, (HG status) the coverage is great considering its a tinted moisturizer. I apply it to my skin with clean fingers then buff it out with my E.L.F studio powder brush (which I LOVE) then I will take a tiny bit more and apply it directly to the E.L.F. brush and pat it on any areas with light scarring or discoloration. After this my skin looks pretty much perfect!

The finish of this is natural, not matte, but not very dewy, however because I have oily skin it looks too shiny without primer and powder... but thats a given for any foundation/tm on me.

The only downside is the color range, I think there are only 4 colors! The lightest one matches me really well... however I'm not the lightest person ever, if you have REALLY light skin it will probably be too dark.

P.S. The packaging is SO cute and it has a pump!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the darkest color (med-dark) and it's still about six shades to light for me (NC44). What the...? Unbelievable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by fantasy214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it is very hard to find an oil-free and paraben free tinted moistruizer with spf and that won't make me break out, and this worked pretty well, though I do like the healthy wear powder more
I have oily/combination skin as well as acne-prone skin and this product does not make me break out. This is a good tinted moisturizer, though honestly, the shades run dark, so be careful when choosing a
shade
this product will probably be better for someone with drier skin
(Note: try to not use too much and wash your hands after applying some to a section of your face, so as to not spread oil and bacteria to other- maybe oilier parts of your face)