April 25, 2014 | 951 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by khanif247

My ABSOLUTE favorite!

The proof is in my recent pictures! For graduation day (and later, night), I first used serum, then the tinted SPF50 moisturizer + SPF50 translucent pressed powder + SPF50 Bronzer (all PF minus the serum) - it's the best and easiest combo i've ever used! I use a big powder brush for the the pressed powder and a medium-sized brush for the bronzer. A little goes a long way. My skin looked flawless and radiant - I haven't seen that in my pics in a while. It also didn't cake up.

I was a die-hard MAC user untl now. When I was a MAC user, I'd have to use the SPF lotion, wait to let it dry and then apply the Fix - for a med student, that's forever. I was also considering getting HD for the paparazzi moments, but now I know I don't need to!

I've tried other pricier brands (LM, Stila, etc) - PF is *the* winner in my book.

The whole combo has been lasting me 4 months so far, and still going - and I use it everyday!

P.S. - i was using the SPF15 version before this, this SPF50 is beyond better - in texture and quality. not runny like its predecessor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by jess1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I originally bought this because of the high SPF and at first I didnt like that it was tinted but I have since changed my mind about that. While I dont use this in place of foundation, I like how it evens out my skin tone quite a bit. i have a lot of redness so I need all the help I can get. My plan had been to only use this in the summer but when I ran out I missed it and started using it again. (I had a second one because I bought a bonus pack) I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by natalie225

Great product for the price. This is the perfect product for summer for me with the spf 50 coverage. It may be a little greasy for those with oily skin, but should be perfect for those with normal and dry skin. I love that the packaging is plastic and easy to carry with you if you are going to the beach and want to use this as reapplication for your spf. It is perfect with a little powder to set and lasts well all day. I have sensitive acne prone skin and this product did not break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Flassie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this stuff, (HG status) the coverage is great considering its a tinted moisturizer. I apply it to my skin with clean fingers then buff it out with my E.L.F studio powder brush (which I LOVE) then I will take a tiny bit more and apply it directly to the E.L.F. brush and pat it on any areas with light scarring or discoloration. After this my skin looks pretty much perfect!

The finish of this is natural, not matte, but not very dewy, however because I have oily skin it looks too shiny without primer and powder... but thats a given for any foundation/tm on me.

The only downside is the color range, I think there are only 4 colors! The lightest one matches me really well... however I'm not the lightest person ever, if you have REALLY light skin it will probably be too dark.

P.S. The packaging is SO cute and it has a pump!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the darkest color (med-dark) and it's still about six shades to light for me (NC44). What the...? Unbelievable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by fantasy214

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

it is very hard to find an oil-free and paraben free tinted moistruizer with spf and that won't make me break out, and this worked pretty well, though I do like the healthy wear powder more
I have oily/combination skin as well as acne-prone skin and this product does not make me break out. This is a good tinted moisturizer, though honestly, the shades run dark, so be careful when choosing a
shade
this product will probably be better for someone with drier skin
(Note: try to not use too much and wash your hands after applying some to a section of your face, so as to not spread oil and bacteria to other- maybe oilier parts of your face)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by morganreason

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it. this is my HG tinted moisterizer. if i am running late, i just put this on my face and go! it leaves a very pretty dewy finish with light coverage. it doesnt look like you have too much on, but very natural. it is a little bit on the pricy side, but sometimes you can find them BOGO or 50% off. i keep this in my purse just as a touch up during the day. warning-it can be sticky, just use a moisterizer under it and youre good to go :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a little thicker than most tinted moisturizers I have tried. I apply it with a damp foundation sponge and get that light coverage I am looking for. You could use more and it would work as a medium coverage foundation. The colors do run darker than most so instead of buying light to natural I went for the lightest which is fair to light. I thank everyone here who warned me of this phenomenon! I am not sure how much SPF 50 protection I am getting since I am using s pretty small amount of this product. I layer it over sunscreen though so I am not too concerned. It is in a cute and easy to use orange pump bottle. There is no strong scent that I can smell and it seems to stay put all day once I set it with a little powder. This is a little expensive for drugstore base running about $13-15 in my stores. I swapped for it as it had gotten mixed reviews here. I think the key is knowing it runs dark and buying one step lighter than you might normally. As there are only 4 colors this won't suit all skin colors. I like it and plan to take it on vacation as with a high SPF I love it for day time!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I caved to peer pressure and decided to give this a try since it receives a lot of love on the makeup boards. This product seems to have a very poor color selection. I am NC35 in MAC or a medium warm skintone with olive undertones. I bought Neutral to Tan, which is the darkest shade in this product. I know it's Tinted Moisturizer so it should just blend, but it still seems sad when I wear the darkest shade. This stuff feels oily just coming out of the container. It smears onto the skin and does not feel good going on. I'm not a fan. On top of that, I'm oily to begin with and this stuff makes me an absolute grease-ball all day long. It also seems to streak very easily. It doesn't blend well and I always end up with streaks somewhere on my face. I don't have this problem with other foundations. It might have a high SPF but it's primarily chemical sunscreen, which my skin seems to hate.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

I probably would not buy this again. I purchased it because of the cute packaging with a pump and because of the spf 50 to protect my face.

I liked it in the beginning but then again, when I started using it, my skin was beautiful. I've since broken out a little bit due to monthly hormones and this stuff has basically no coverage. It goes on your face and just disappears while covering nothing.

I went back to using my L'oreal True Match which covers blemishes wonderfully.

Also, I noticed that this stuff makes your skin SUPER greasy. I don't have oily skin at all. I'm combination leaning heavily towards the dry zone. I used this on my face and used all my other normal make up and by midday I felt like I could take a knife and literally scrape off so much oil and disgustingness. I went into the bathroom at work and my face literally looked like it was melting off. SO greasy, shiny, no coverage, it was an absolute disaster. I'm surprised with all that grease that my face didn't completely erupt in acne.

Another reviewer described this stuff on her face as a "hot mess" and I completely agree.

The cost of this stuff is also way too high ($17!!) to buy again for such limited coverage and for making you look like a dirty, unshowered bum mere hours later. Pretty disappointed.