April 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works for less than an hour if I use a lot of the product. It smells nice, but doesn't actually clean my hair. After initial use it did create volume, but doesn't last, and it actually weighed my hair down afterwards. Would not recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by nicolealexa117

This product was actually HORRIBLE!!! I have a very oily scalp, which is super annoying. Even though its not healthy for your hair I have to wash it every day or else it looks horrible. My hair also doesn't like to remain straight so the process I take to straighten it takes about an hour. So when I straighten my hair its such a shame to have to wash it the next day. I saw this product (without reading the reviews) and was super excited to try it. My best friend and I went to CVS and I picked up a can. When we got home before i put it in my hair I sprayed it on my palm. It turned white and chalky. My friend laughed and asked if I was really going to put it in my hair. Later that day before I took my shower I decided to use it. I shook the can well like the intructions said. It came out all white and chalky n my scalp no matter how much I rubbed it or brushed it, it wouldn't go away. It also left my hair feeling discusting, dirty, and even more oily then it started. I retried it a few times and had the same results each time. I actually threw it away. It was so unusable. Don't bother trying it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mfotino

After reading several mixed reviews on this product, i decided to try it for myself, which was a big mistake on my part. I bought the travel size one at my local target and ever since i have been disgusted with the results. It left my hair gray and white in the spots i sprayed it on, which luckily brushed out, but also made my hair way grosser than before. If i skipped washing my hair for a day, and my hair was greasy i would spray in the product, brush out the gray spots, and throughout the day my hair continued to feel and look oily and just disgusting. Im just happy i didnt buy the overpriced larger bottle, but I deffinetly will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product...but only in the Oily hair version. I almost wonder if a lot of other reviewers used the "Smoothing" or "Dry/Damaged hair" versions. I bought the Smoothing version by accident and I didn't like it as much....it seemed to weigh my hair down. However, the VOLUMIZING version is my Holy Grail of dry shampoos. I've tried Pssst which always clogged and has a foul odor, Oscar Blandi which is 'just ok' for the price...the only other that comes close for me is Ojon and TreSemme costs so much less. I usually clip my hair up, spray short bursts along the sides and scalp and brush, then flip and brush. voila, another day without having to shampoo and blowdry/heat style.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by KuteKora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful, just made hair sticky even when applied lightly from afar and thoroughly combed (as instructed).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Candy94

I was so excited to use this cause I generally love tresemme products but I was really dissapointed. :( I should have read the reviews first but it was on sale so i didnt think twice before buying it but after using it it made my hair 10 times greasier! The exact opposite of what i wanted. The only thing i liked was the smell. Definately not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Luckystar99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a VERY oily scalp but the rest of my hair is, I guess, normal to dry. I get split ends within a week right after a fresh hair cut, & I tested that without using ANY heat at all. I believe it's the shampoo I'm using :( Anyways, I recently decided to stop washing my hair from every day to every other day. Naturally, I wanted a great dry shampoo at a drugstore price! I found this 1 cuz I compared it to 10 others & I felt it had the least amount of nonnatural ingredients. Worst choice ever. An hour after I put it in, my hair was completely oily again & my hair just never looked any better with this stuff. The smell is very nice, but other than that, it's horrible. Will not be repurchasing. I got it for $4.48 at Wal-Mart.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by BBreviu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YUK! Very disapointed with this product especially since I had read about it on a blog. First this ISN'T dry shampoo! I sprayed it on my fingers and the product is actually wet to the touch so it sprays on like a glue on your oily hair!! no amount of brushing can take it out and your hair looks worse than when you started. Do not use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the worst dry shampoo I've ever tried. It leaves a white cast if I don't brush it out well, and even once I get rid of the white my hair looks no different than it did before using the dry shampoo. It also makes my hair feel even more dirty and greasy than it was before -- my hair is downright gross to touch! The only good thing about it is that it has a mild scent that disappears soon after applying it -- I tried this product because I don't like the strong long-lasting scent of Suave's dry shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by midwestcheer15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very fine hair and my hair gets very oily because of that. I tried this product and followed the instructions carefully. It made my hair feel more oily and disgusting. I used it only a few times and will never use it again.