October 23, 2014 | 1524 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xxblahmuahxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this product, I hated it because it didn't do anything for my oily hair! Then, at some point in time I found out how to actually use the it! So ladies, here's what you really do. Try it out and maybe you'll love this product as well!

When I first used it, I only sprayed the dry shampoo on the top of my head and it would look...semi ok but then it'd be oily again. But what you actually should so is use it in layers. I start by spraying some on my roots in the bottom layer then comb it out, then after the bottom layer, i do the top of my hair and then there we go! Cleaner hair! It also adds a crap load of body to my hair which makes me love this stuff even more! I'm on my second bottle after figuring out how to use it. So ladies, before you dislike this item, try doing what I'm telling ya and you'll love it too! And it works perfect with my hair cause I have black hair (i'm asian) and it works fine! =] Oh one more thing, make sure you don't go spray crazy cause that can leave your hair feeling sticky. Just do a light layer then if you feel like you need, add more after you comb through it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product really disappointed. It didn't make my hair look worse, but it didn't make it look any better either. My hair was just as oily as before I sprayed. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute worst hair product I bought and I wouldn't pay that much for something like this. I don't know if I have any allergies to this but I broke in hives using it. So DEFINITELY NOT PURCHASING IT.

This is just gonna go into the trashcan because it failed to do its very purpose, to absorb the grease off the scalp and in fact made my hair really heavy and even greasier. I just wanted to wash my hair off this horrible product the moment I put it on.

My hair felt coarse as well after spraying this. Trust me, I followed the instructions but got this horrible result and broke out in hives. DO NOT RECOMMEND, especially for those with oily scalp. There are better products out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by starlet1209

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first dry shampoo, so I didn't know what to expect.
The first couple of months it worked okay, I would spray it on, (on second day hair)but by the end of the day my (thin,straight) hair would feel greasy again!
Now recently the pump broke! Which is so frustrating! I tried to wash it out like they recommend, but it didn't work, the mechanism itself is broken I think! Ugh! What a waste of money!
Now I have to buy a new dry shampoo, any recommendations?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

yuck. this stuff is awful. it comes out wet! that defeats the purpose of dry shampoo. makes the hair stiff and it looks worse than before. i used this once before i threw it away. awful scent too. for the price, suave and pssst are wayyyy better!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by zeekaragoz

this is absolutel horrible! Have tried this over and over, and has never worked properly! Honestly, the best result I ever achieved through using TWO BOTTLES is that the look of greasiness temporarily went away for a few hours, but my hair still felt greasy, and itwas completely stiff and puffy, as well as feeling dirty. DO NOT waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh man, this stuff is *the worst*! Maybe it works better on thicker hair, but if you have fine hair like mine, I can only hope to warn you against wasting your money.

I've had this kicking around a bin of products that I occasionally use that I haven't tossed because I don't like to waste. I've used it a few times and I should really just know better by now. I tried it again today and it's going in the trash for good. If you're hoping to degrease your hair for a night out, spray it on, wait like the instructions say, and hey, pop some corn while you're waiting because you ain't goin' no place. Better start picking out some movies or delay your plans while you take a full shower and blow out your hair the long way.

If you want your hair (bonus if it's brightly coloured or dark!) to have a grayish cast and powdery film, you might as well just dump a box of cornstarch on your roots. It may even work better than this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Rosiecg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst dry shampoo I have tried.

It leaves my hair sticky and feels very dirty. After using this I have to wash my hair the next day. I have tried it a few times and a few different methods to try and make it work, but each time my hair feels just way to sticky.

It is also a little grey. Will not purchase this product ever again. I actually will not try or buy any other tresemme product again after such a horrible experience with this. With so many good and dirt cheap dry shampoos on the market, how their product team made this one work so badly is beyond me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by cotterb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with other reviewers when they say that whether or not dry shampoo does the job is down to whether or not you know how to use it. That said, this stuff isn't the best. It absorbs oil well, but leaves hair feeling sticky; no amount of whipping one's hair back and forth can get rid of that stickiness, it seems. I think the stickiness is due to the product being ..water-based? or somehow involving liquid. The worst part of this product that I've found, however, is the bad quality of its packaging. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but all 3 times I've purchased/used TRESemme's Dry Shampoo, the spray canister has broken well before I'd used even half of it. I followed the instructions (on the label) for unblocking the top, but it wasn't a block - the pump had simply broken. I will not buy again, and would not recommend that anyone buy this product, if for no other reason than to prompt TRESemme to take another shot at dry shampoo!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works for less than an hour if I use a lot of the product. It smells nice, but doesn't actually clean my hair. After initial use it did create volume, but doesn't last, and it actually weighed my hair down afterwards. Would not recommend!