November 1, 2014 | 822 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't wash my hair everyday since I'm african american and it's bad for our hair, so I spray this on so I can get back some of the bounce and shine that natural grease from my scalp takes away. I just shake the bottle to activate it, spray it in, wait for it to turn white, rub it in my scalp for a few minutes, then brush it out, and all of it comes out just fine. I would buy this again no question about it.

I don't expect this to take out every ounce of oil in my hair since I really am not washing it, but it does what it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by bonjovirocks

It has this smell..i dont really like it
plus it leaves this white looking residue so no never buying this again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sleaf

I have straight and fine hair but I have a lot of it. I regularly use dry shampoo as a refresher between washes, and this has been the only one of many dry shampoos that I have thrown away and not finished. The smell wasn't offensive to me, but the sticky residue and heavy feel of it was. It left my hair seemingly dirtier, far from refreshed. If you're looking for a good, affordable dry shampoo, look elsewhere (like Psssssst or Batiste).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

Pros:

Adds body
Nice smell

Cons:
Doesn't really cut oil
Makes hair feel dirty within about 12-24 hours

Bottom line: treat this like a thickening agent, not a dry shampoo and you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for something to soak up oil, you are better off using baby powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xxblahmuahxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this product, I hated it because it didn't do anything for my oily hair! Then, at some point in time I found out how to actually use the it! So ladies, here's what you really do. Try it out and maybe you'll love this product as well!

When I first used it, I only sprayed the dry shampoo on the top of my head and it would look...semi ok but then it'd be oily again. But what you actually should so is use it in layers. I start by spraying some on my roots in the bottom layer then comb it out, then after the bottom layer, i do the top of my hair and then there we go! Cleaner hair! It also adds a crap load of body to my hair which makes me love this stuff even more! I'm on my second bottle after figuring out how to use it. So ladies, before you dislike this item, try doing what I'm telling ya and you'll love it too! And it works perfect with my hair cause I have black hair (i'm asian) and it works fine! =] Oh one more thing, make sure you don't go spray crazy cause that can leave your hair feeling sticky. Just do a light layer then if you feel like you need, add more after you comb through it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product really disappointed. It didn't make my hair look worse, but it didn't make it look any better either. My hair was just as oily as before I sprayed. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the absolute worst hair product I bought and I wouldn't pay that much for something like this. I don't know if I have any allergies to this but I broke in hives using it. So DEFINITELY NOT PURCHASING IT.

This is just gonna go into the trashcan because it failed to do its very purpose, to absorb the grease off the scalp and in fact made my hair really heavy and even greasier. I just wanted to wash my hair off this horrible product the moment I put it on.

My hair felt coarse as well after spraying this. Trust me, I followed the instructions but got this horrible result and broke out in hives. DO NOT RECOMMEND, especially for those with oily scalp. There are better products out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by starlet1209

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first dry shampoo, so I didn't know what to expect.
The first couple of months it worked okay, I would spray it on, (on second day hair)but by the end of the day my (thin,straight) hair would feel greasy again!
Now recently the pump broke! Which is so frustrating! I tried to wash it out like they recommend, but it didn't work, the mechanism itself is broken I think! Ugh! What a waste of money!
Now I have to buy a new dry shampoo, any recommendations?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

yuck. this stuff is awful. it comes out wet! that defeats the purpose of dry shampoo. makes the hair stiff and it looks worse than before. i used this once before i threw it away. awful scent too. for the price, suave and pssst are wayyyy better!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by zeekaragoz

this is absolutel horrible! Have tried this over and over, and has never worked properly! Honestly, the best result I ever achieved through using TWO BOTTLES is that the look of greasiness temporarily went away for a few hours, but my hair still felt greasy, and itwas completely stiff and puffy, as well as feeling dirty. DO NOT waste your money.