September 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

yuck. this stuff is awful. it comes out wet! that defeats the purpose of dry shampoo. makes the hair stiff and it looks worse than before. i used this once before i threw it away. awful scent too. for the price, suave and pssst are wayyyy better!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:44:00 PM More reviews by zeekaragoz

this is absolutel horrible! Have tried this over and over, and has never worked properly! Honestly, the best result I ever achieved through using TWO BOTTLES is that the look of greasiness temporarily went away for a few hours, but my hair still felt greasy, and itwas completely stiff and puffy, as well as feeling dirty. DO NOT waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh man, this stuff is *the worst*! Maybe it works better on thicker hair, but if you have fine hair like mine, I can only hope to warn you against wasting your money.

I've had this kicking around a bin of products that I occasionally use that I haven't tossed because I don't like to waste. I've used it a few times and I should really just know better by now. I tried it again today and it's going in the trash for good. If you're hoping to degrease your hair for a night out, spray it on, wait like the instructions say, and hey, pop some corn while you're waiting because you ain't goin' no place. Better start picking out some movies or delay your plans while you take a full shower and blow out your hair the long way.

If you want your hair (bonus if it's brightly coloured or dark!) to have a grayish cast and powdery film, you might as well just dump a box of cornstarch on your roots. It may even work better than this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Rosiecg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst dry shampoo I have tried.

It leaves my hair sticky and feels very dirty. After using this I have to wash my hair the next day. I have tried it a few times and a few different methods to try and make it work, but each time my hair feels just way to sticky.

It is also a little grey. Will not purchase this product ever again. I actually will not try or buy any other tresemme product again after such a horrible experience with this. With so many good and dirt cheap dry shampoos on the market, how their product team made this one work so badly is beyond me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 10:09:00 PM More reviews by cotterb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with other reviewers when they say that whether or not dry shampoo does the job is down to whether or not you know how to use it. That said, this stuff isn't the best. It absorbs oil well, but leaves hair feeling sticky; no amount of whipping one's hair back and forth can get rid of that stickiness, it seems. I think the stickiness is due to the product being ..water-based? or somehow involving liquid. The worst part of this product that I've found, however, is the bad quality of its packaging. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but all 3 times I've purchased/used TRESemme's Dry Shampoo, the spray canister has broken well before I'd used even half of it. I followed the instructions (on the label) for unblocking the top, but it wasn't a block - the pump had simply broken. I will not buy again, and would not recommend that anyone buy this product, if for no other reason than to prompt TRESemme to take another shot at dry shampoo!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works for less than an hour if I use a lot of the product. It smells nice, but doesn't actually clean my hair. After initial use it did create volume, but doesn't last, and it actually weighed my hair down afterwards. Would not recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by nicolealexa117

This product was actually HORRIBLE!!! I have a very oily scalp, which is super annoying. Even though its not healthy for your hair I have to wash it every day or else it looks horrible. My hair also doesn't like to remain straight so the process I take to straighten it takes about an hour. So when I straighten my hair its such a shame to have to wash it the next day. I saw this product (without reading the reviews) and was super excited to try it. My best friend and I went to CVS and I picked up a can. When we got home before i put it in my hair I sprayed it on my palm. It turned white and chalky. My friend laughed and asked if I was really going to put it in my hair. Later that day before I took my shower I decided to use it. I shook the can well like the intructions said. It came out all white and chalky n my scalp no matter how much I rubbed it or brushed it, it wouldn't go away. It also left my hair feeling discusting, dirty, and even more oily then it started. I retried it a few times and had the same results each time. I actually threw it away. It was so unusable. Don't bother trying it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mfotino

After reading several mixed reviews on this product, i decided to try it for myself, which was a big mistake on my part. I bought the travel size one at my local target and ever since i have been disgusted with the results. It left my hair gray and white in the spots i sprayed it on, which luckily brushed out, but also made my hair way grosser than before. If i skipped washing my hair for a day, and my hair was greasy i would spray in the product, brush out the gray spots, and throughout the day my hair continued to feel and look oily and just disgusting. Im just happy i didnt buy the overpriced larger bottle, but I deffinetly will not be purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:14:00 AM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product...but only in the Oily hair version. I almost wonder if a lot of other reviewers used the "Smoothing" or "Dry/Damaged hair" versions. I bought the Smoothing version by accident and I didn't like it as much....it seemed to weigh my hair down. However, the VOLUMIZING version is my Holy Grail of dry shampoos. I've tried Pssst which always clogged and has a foul odor, Oscar Blandi which is 'just ok' for the price...the only other that comes close for me is Ojon and TreSemme costs so much less. I usually clip my hair up, spray short bursts along the sides and scalp and brush, then flip and brush. voila, another day without having to shampoo and blowdry/heat style.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by KuteKora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awful, just made hair sticky even when applied lightly from afar and thoroughly combed (as instructed).