TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

2.1

Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Alcohol Denatured, Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Magnesium Stearate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Benzyl Alcohol, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PVP, Kaolin, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexylcinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Glycerin, Citrus Grandis Fruit Extract (Grapefruit), Citrus Tangerina Peel Extract (Tangerine)

on 1/21/2013 1:14:00 PM

So this is the first dry shampoo I've ever tried and it did NOTHING that it was meant to do...I like to wash my hair every second day, so I thought this would be the perfect product to use on my slightly oily hair the day it doesnt get washed...WrONG! It made my hair even more oily and left a horrid smell behind! yuk! I've heard a lot of good things about Batiste dry shampoo so I'm hoping that will deliver with its promises, but I would NOT repurchase this product! What a waste! I'm better off leaving my hair the way it is...

on 1/15/2013 9:32:00 AM

This product is so-so. In the end it makes your hair LOOK like it's not greasy any more but it feels gross.
-The smell is really strong
-You need to spray and step away, or your get the product in your mouth and start to cough
-It makes your hair very grey-white, so you really need to comb it out and spread it around
-The final look is matte, volumized and non-oily
-The final feel is greasy, and feels full of product in the worst way
-It does not last for long

on 1/13/2013 3:46:00 AM

this stuff works pretty well if you use enough product but it made my hair smell terribleeee. the smell is so bad mixed with dirty hair it just was intolerable

on 1/11/2013 2:15:00 AM

this is my go to dry shampoo. works amazingly. if i dont feel like washing my hair i just spray this in my hair and my scalp looks completely matte and fresh. absolutely love this product, ive repurchased it many times. my only concern is the odour.

on 1/7/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product thinking that it would make my day-old hair look fresh since I wash my hair every other day. Not only did it leave me more oily, it made my scalp SUPER ITCHY! Maybe it was just me, but my hair was so itchy even after I washed it thoroughly that I could NOT sleep for the next few days following my use of this product. Definitely do not recommend to those who generally have sensitive skin. :(

on 1/4/2013 10:50:00 PM

I bought this about a year ago, and used it only a couple of times before the aerosol sprayer got clogged and stopped working. I recently purchased it again, which was a mistake. It does little in the dry shampoo factor, and the smell is horrible. The sprayer also clogged up again!

on 12/31/2012 2:26:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I got the travel size of this... it works just like any other dry shampoo. I have used better ones though, like the one called "Pssssst!"

on 12/28/2012 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've long known that washing daily isn't necessary but wasn't satisfied with just conditioning my hair in the shower - I could still smell the day-old oily scent on my scalp after 5 hours. I bought this on a whim at CVS and I am glad I did. I love the clean, slightly citrus scent. It did leave a white powder that I hadn't seen with Psssst. It gave me a glimpse of what I look like with salt n pepper hair - not bad. It took away almost 2 days of grease; still noticeable grease but fresh smelling. Scent is really important to me and I don't care how good a product is if I don't like the fragrance. I'll continue to try other brands but I will repurchase this unless I find a better one!

on 12/26/2012 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Fresh start? I DON'T THINK SO! This made my hair waaaay more oily. Would have been better off to use nothing. Since I've stopped using this years ago I've been a faithful user of Batistes dry shampoo. I continue to purchase it and that actually does what a dry shampoo should do. I highly recommend checking that one out and skipping on this.

on 12/25/2012 3:41:00 PM

I'm surprised how many negative reviews this product has. I really love it!
I don't have a problem with it leaving white residue at all! However I have light blonde highlights in already blonde hair, so many this problem is worse for those with dark hair? However my roommate with very dark brown hair also uses this product and likes it.

I have really fine hair that looks so flat when I straighten it, so I use this to help add some volume and thickness after I straighten it, or after skipping a day of hair-washing. It doesn't make my hair look just-washed if it's oily from the day before, but it makes it aceptable if I spray it and brush it through. My hair only feels heavy with product if I use too much, but it takes a lot for that to happen. The price is also unbeatable, and you can get little travel ones of the same variety - so useful!

I only have the packaging a 3 because I had a can of this that the pray top broke and I had to throw it out. I wasn't too bummer though because I had bought the wrong variety and wanted to get the one for oily/straight hair anyway.
Have purchased this multiple times and will buy again when it runs out

Video Reviews & Tutorials