November 27, 2014 | 1749 users online

Dry Shampoo - TRESemme - Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Oily/Straight to Normal Hair

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was so awful! I expect that I wont like the way products perform, or that some products just aren't for me but this was so opposite of what it should be. A dry shampoo that sprays wet, leaves residue you can feel and see, and feels heavy is worse than the hair it is supposed to "fix". I would rather wash as there is nothing refreshing about this product. I used on hair that was unwashed for two days and fortunate that I tried this before bed so no one else has to see it. I will be washing in the a.m. And repurchasing my trusty Suave Keratin infused dry shampoo, this one is the worst I've tried:(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Cindy76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Left my hair oily and heavy. The worst product ever. Every time I use this product I have to wash my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves day-old hair feeling oily and like it has not been washed in quite some time. Totally opposite of what a dry shampoo is supposed to do (obviously). I am returning this product back to the store.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by fancifulsuspicions

This product does not clean you hair at all, and therefore fails completely as a dry shampoo. I tried it out four times, and every time it left my hair much greasier than it was to begin with. Very unhappy with product. Never ever will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't wash my hair everyday since I'm african american and it's bad for our hair, so I spray this on so I can get back some of the bounce and shine that natural grease from my scalp takes away. I just shake the bottle to activate it, spray it in, wait for it to turn white, rub it in my scalp for a few minutes, then brush it out, and all of it comes out just fine. I would buy this again no question about it.

I don't expect this to take out every ounce of oil in my hair since I really am not washing it, but it does what it claims to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by bonjovirocks

It has this smell..i dont really like it
plus it leaves this white looking residue so no never buying this again

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by sleaf

I have straight and fine hair but I have a lot of it. I regularly use dry shampoo as a refresher between washes, and this has been the only one of many dry shampoos that I have thrown away and not finished. The smell wasn't offensive to me, but the sticky residue and heavy feel of it was. It left my hair seemingly dirtier, far from refreshed. If you're looking for a good, affordable dry shampoo, look elsewhere (like Psssssst or Batiste).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by danafinfin

Pros:

Adds body
Nice smell

Cons:
Doesn't really cut oil
Makes hair feel dirty within about 12-24 hours

Bottom line: treat this like a thickening agent, not a dry shampoo and you won't be disappointed. If you are looking for something to soak up oil, you are better off using baby powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by xxblahmuahxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first bought this product, I hated it because it didn't do anything for my oily hair! Then, at some point in time I found out how to actually use the it! So ladies, here's what you really do. Try it out and maybe you'll love this product as well!

When I first used it, I only sprayed the dry shampoo on the top of my head and it would look...semi ok but then it'd be oily again. But what you actually should so is use it in layers. I start by spraying some on my roots in the bottom layer then comb it out, then after the bottom layer, i do the top of my hair and then there we go! Cleaner hair! It also adds a crap load of body to my hair which makes me love this stuff even more! I'm on my second bottle after figuring out how to use it. So ladies, before you dislike this item, try doing what I'm telling ya and you'll love it too! And it works perfect with my hair cause I have black hair (i'm asian) and it works fine! =] Oh one more thing, make sure you don't go spray crazy cause that can leave your hair feeling sticky. Just do a light layer then if you feel like you need, add more after you comb through it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product really disappointed. It didn't make my hair look worse, but it didn't make it look any better either. My hair was just as oily as before I sprayed. I won't be buying this again.