September 17, 2014 | 954 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first primer I ever purchased. I wore this for about a month before I realized I didn't need to. For me, this product didn't do anything for my face when alone or under makeup. It didn't worsen blemishes or make my makeup fall apart but it truly feels to me just like an extra layer on my face. And although the velvety feel of it is attributed to silicon, I felt like it did sit in my pores when I had it on. I have since used other drugstore face primers that I get the sensation of usefulness out of, I don't know what it is about this one. The texture is nice but the packaging is a bit inconvenient. Didn't do anything for me, won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

So I bought this in an attempt to look for a cheaper alternative to Clarins smoothing base. I have combination skin but I would not use this in all my face. I bought this because lately I have been suffering from dry skin around the eyes and this seems to help my concealer.

Considering the brand it is quite expensive, but Clarins product is twice the price for the same amount. So far I would recommend this as a filler for wrinkles and dry patches.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by eelisgood

Pros: I liked the texture of the primer and how smoothly it applied to my face.
Cons: I generally put the product on my T-zone area because that's where I tend to get oily the most. It seemed to make my skin MORE oily than if I didn't use this primer. I don't recommend for oily/combination skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by janeth0185

AWFUL face primer. this primer made my foundation look cakey, and also it just never fellt like it would dry on my skin .Also the packaging is so small, i just hate evrything about it! ive tried other face primers before but this one to say has been the worst one! I immediatly returned it . i after went to buy benefits Porefessional face primer and im really loving this one so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by rasinahfirdaus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the texture of this primer. It has a smooth and velvety texture which melts a bit when applied. I like how my makeup does stay on longer when applied with this primer. I use this on my lips too and it softens them as well. I hate the packaging though. It's absolutely awful. I find that constantly having to dip my fingers into the jar is unsanitary. I also hate how this small tub is super heavy. The jar is also made of glass so you have to be extra careful with it. I accidentally dropped the jar the other day and the lid cracked. Definitely isn't travel-friendly. I paid 21 USD for this and I find that the price is a bit unreasonable considering the cheap packaging and the amount of product which I actually get which is very little. However the product does do a good job for everyday use and it is cheaper than Benefit's porefessional (I am a student so I can't afford to purchase Benefit repeatedly). Overall I still like the product and will probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this is the same product sold in New Zealand as 'Base Magique'. I'm a bit on the fence about it, worn alone (over moisturizer) it seems to make a difference, blurring imperfections slightly and making pores less visible. However it doesn't seem to make my foundation last better during the day, and while it feels like foundation goes on more smoothly, I don't really see much of a difference in the finished texture of my skin.

The jar packaging doesn't really bother me, I just use a cotton-but to scoop out what I need.

Bottom line for me is this is a nice to have rather than a must have. I doubt whether I'll re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by aleks18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

With this primer, I never know how much is a good amount. Like others said, the packaging sucks.

The only good use I found was to put this primer on before I put on my St. Tropez bronzer. Weird, but it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Arganique

Who designed the packaging? It sucks! The fact that you have to dip your fingers into this tiny jar is so unsanitary and messy! Especially if you have longer than average fingernails! Yuck.

The product didn't work for me. When putting it on, it did make my skin feel slicker and smoother, but upon touch I could totally feel the "film"... feels very unnatural...not a fan. Then, when I put my liquid foundation on, oh the horror! It doesn't blend at all. It cakes, smears, and then flakes off along with the primer.

I have to be honest, I tried this product a few times - maybe 5 or 6, every time hoping that maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I try doing it a little differently:

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Brush.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Sponge.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with Fingers.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Hate it. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This primer isn't bad, but there is much better. It is a bit oily for my skin and isn't as effective as urban decay's primers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my first primer I've tried. Its very siliconey and it made my skin feel heavy. I didn't notice a difference between using this then foundation or just foundation. Meh its good for an eye primer though.