L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

3.4

cyclohexasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, aluminum hydroxide { /- may contain CI 77891/ titanium dioxide/ CI 77491/ iron oxides} FIL D30587/2

I don't mind this primer... You do have to rub it between your fingers before you apply to your face, that way it's easier to apply.

I like the feeling of my skin once I apply this. It does make my foundation glide on and does last a decent about of time...
But for a small container costing ($35+ AUS)... don't think I would rush out anytime soon to purchase this.

on 7/11/2013 5:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This primer did nothing for me at all, I bought it when it first came out and it was pretty pricey at around £12.99 I think - really horrible thick gooey texture - very dry and difficult to spread or blend - the light pink colour just sat in all my pores like cement and foundation on top was a nightmare , had to remove it starightaway - disappointing what a waste of money - some people have suggested using it as eye primer - might try that if I have not thrown it away already.

on 7/11/2013 4:48:00 AM

The primer felt nice when I tested it in the store and I thought the thickness would fill in my large pores on my t-zone.

Hugely disappointed with it in application though. I found it difficult to apply, it didn' glide on smoothly, would tend to clump and it didn't seem to fill in my pores. So an expensive mistake. I may try it as a eye primer as someone below has recommended, so I get some use out of it.

Plus the packaging is terrible, tiny jar and messy.

So, I have so far avoided this product due to negative reviews. It seems very hit or miss, either you love this product or hate it. Not much room in between.

Anyhow, I finally bought it because A) Walgreens was out of my beloved Rimmel 002 Primer, and B) I found it in the clearance bin for $1.49.

It's just ok for me. It does a decent job, I suppose. I'll keep it around for backup but it'll never replace my HG primer.

on 7/3/2013 5:27:00 PM

I bought this product, and im very dis pointed, It was over priced for the end result. it was think and the texture applying it, was almost comparable to spreading lipstick across my face. accept the lipstick would feel better then this primer. I don't see any difference from using it, it does nothing but add on extra dirt i dont need to my face. so bad i only used it couple times. im sticking to using good moisturizers instead.

on 6/28/2013 9:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This scentless primer is light pink and creamy, it comes in a small pot which isn't the most sanitary, but its positives more than make up for that. A little bit goes a long way with this primer and it smoothes onto the skin beautifully, minimizing pores and helping make the finishing look flawless.

on 6/28/2013 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The texture of this product is foamy, but steady and soft. At first I was dissappointed because compared to the maybelline dream smooth primer, this one didn't glide as easy since the maybelline one felt smoother and had a gel like consistency which I prefer more.
Eventually I got used to this primer, but I wouldn't buy it again because I feel like this wasn't the best possible one for me. I think the packaging is stylish and cute, but for the overall product it's a bit pricey. I would recommend this primer for those who don't need much coverage, because I personally didn't like the way my liquid foundation looked on it. This product is really not bad, it's quite average, but I did have to grab a lot of the product, until I felt satisfied that it would actually prime my face and be prepared for my foundation.

on 6/20/2013 11:34:00 AM

I guess I simply did not fall under its spell.

It's like the consistency of hard, badly-mashed underboiled potatoes, so it's extremely difficult to spread even after I've rubbed it between my fingers to thin it out and use heat to make it more pliable. About impossible to use it on delicate undereye area since it takes ages to blend properly. The only way I managed to apply any of it on is through dabbing, and honestly, on a tight schedule, you don't want to spend more than a minute applying primer. A right pain in the ass.

Not to mention the packaging, which is horrible. It comes in a glass jar, which looks elegant all right, but that's about it. I dip my fingers in it, and the paste gets under my nails. I screw it close, but the lid will get all greasy from product on my fingertips. It all makes for an uninspiring and completely unmagical product. I suppose theoretically, the pale pink might counteract purplish or bluish blemishes and make for a more 'even' and 'radiant' skin tone, but considering that you're just going to put a little on, there's not much counteracting going on here.

on 6/11/2013 4:34:00 PM

I like it. It's got a soft, matte finish and makes my foundation apply really evenly. Not too sure if it really improves the staying power of the foundation, though... Also wreaks havoc on makeup brushes... But for drugstore makeup it's not a bad option.

on 6/8/2013 4:27:00 PM

I stopped at Dollar General to pick up a few things and saw the 'trial size' of this primer. It's kind of pricey at $5 but I know sometimes these types of products (eye shadow pots, liner pots, etc.) tend to get dry so I thought "5$ - maybe I'll get lucky and I'll like it." I came home, read the reviews on it and was a little worried that I wasted my money. Well, I like it and believe me, I will tell you if I think something's a waste. Here's how I tried it: I put a little dab on a few pores that are prominent, rubbed it in well and it filled the pores. Now I already have foundation on but then I just touched it up with a little face powder applied with a brush and it looks great! I have pretty good skin but like everyone else I need to cover a few areas - fine lines, a couple of lip lines that are starting, and some nose and chin pores. It covered all of it. Maybe you could try putting a few dabs over top of your foundation to 'finish' it off and see if that works. I use a 20x mirror for those close things like tweezing and this product covered all of my problem areas. I highly recommend and may go back to Dollar General to pick up a few more small sizes rather than buy a large one. Hope this helps someone!

Popular Primer/ Correctors