August 27, 2014 | 932 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by rasinahfirdaus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the texture of this primer. It has a smooth and velvety texture which melts a bit when applied. I like how my makeup does stay on longer when applied with this primer. I use this on my lips too and it softens them as well. I hate the packaging though. It's absolutely awful. I find that constantly having to dip my fingers into the jar is unsanitary. I also hate how this small tub is super heavy. The jar is also made of glass so you have to be extra careful with it. I accidentally dropped the jar the other day and the lid cracked. Definitely isn't travel-friendly. I paid 21 USD for this and I find that the price is a bit unreasonable considering the cheap packaging and the amount of product which I actually get which is very little. However the product does do a good job for everyday use and it is cheaper than Benefit's porefessional (I am a student so I can't afford to purchase Benefit repeatedly). Overall I still like the product and will probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this is the same product sold in New Zealand as 'Base Magique'. I'm a bit on the fence about it, worn alone (over moisturizer) it seems to make a difference, blurring imperfections slightly and making pores less visible. However it doesn't seem to make my foundation last better during the day, and while it feels like foundation goes on more smoothly, I don't really see much of a difference in the finished texture of my skin.

The jar packaging doesn't really bother me, I just use a cotton-but to scoop out what I need.

Bottom line for me is this is a nice to have rather than a must have. I doubt whether I'll re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by aleks18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

With this primer, I never know how much is a good amount. Like others said, the packaging sucks.

The only good use I found was to put this primer on before I put on my St. Tropez bronzer. Weird, but it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Arganique

Who designed the packaging? It sucks! The fact that you have to dip your fingers into this tiny jar is so unsanitary and messy! Especially if you have longer than average fingernails! Yuck.

The product didn't work for me. When putting it on, it did make my skin feel slicker and smoother, but upon touch I could totally feel the "film"... feels very unnatural...not a fan. Then, when I put my liquid foundation on, oh the horror! It doesn't blend at all. It cakes, smears, and then flakes off along with the primer.

I have to be honest, I tried this product a few times - maybe 5 or 6, every time hoping that maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I try doing it a little differently:

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Brush.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Sponge.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with Fingers.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Hate it. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This primer isn't bad, but there is much better. It is a bit oily for my skin and isn't as effective as urban decay's primers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my first primer I've tried. Its very siliconey and it made my skin feel heavy. I didn't notice a difference between using this then foundation or just foundation. Meh its good for an eye primer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

I ran out of my Avon Magix so I decided to try this Magic Perfecting because I don't have an Avon lady right now, plus I had an event coming up and needed it pronto. I don't like this L'Oreal perfecting base. It's crumbly, it gets stuck under my fingernails, it's hard to scoop out of the small jar. I can't wait to use it up and get back to the Avon one which is much better and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is either a hit or miss. I'm glad it actually work well for me.
Pros:
-smooth out skin instantly.
-makeup goes on nice an easy.
-the finish is flawless.
-no particular smell.
-only need to use a small amount.

Cons:
-pricey for the amount you are getting. Over $10 for 0.5 oz.
-inconvenient to bring with for traveling.
-have to use finger to dig it out. Doesn't feel clean.
-does not help to keep your makeup last all day. Maybe 2-3 hours extra than no primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's so hard to get product out because the container is so tiny and even if I go in and scoop out the primer it gets stuck in my fingernails and it's kind of unsanitary as well. The pro is that the texture goes on really smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second primer (first being Rimmel) and I adore it. I got it from Ulta, held on to it for about six months, and finally used it this past summer. Love. It makes my skin smooth and matte, minimizes my pores and doesn't change the color of my makeup or take too long to dry.

I smooth a bit on with my fingers and my skin is transformed and ready for whatever type of foundation I put on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No