Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 11/25/2011 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm on my 3rd one of these, so I figured I should finally get around to reviewing! I LOVE this powder. The coverage on this is fantastic! It covers up my redness better than any other product I've ever used. It also seems to make my skin glow. I don't like the chisel brush they recommended for this, it turns my face into a powdery cakey mess! Used with a lighter, fluffier brush and a light hand this is great stuff!

on 11/19/2011 12:27:00 PM

I love this foundation! I actually like it better than Bare Minerals which I have been using for ages. This is more easily controlled with how much you are applying, and it lasts forever. Also, I feel like it is lighter than Bare Minerals. I still use both brands, but will definitely keep buying this. I use the Golden Medium.

on 11/13/2011 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

So for me this product worked extremely well. I have super oily skin with large pores and uneven tone and texture from acne scaring (I'm a picker, horrible I know). I use this with tartes lose pore powder (I can't remember the exact name) as a base, then concealer, and finish with the powder. Unlike all other mineral powders this didn't make me shiny and actually kept me matte for hours. It totally buffs out and diffuses my skin tone unlike other product and looks so natural. The only problem with this is the color selection. Load of pinky shades. But I deal because I have never found a shade in any brand that matches me perfectly

UPDATE: i do NOT like the retinol. if you use retinol its definitely not supposed to be used during the day... why so many day time products and now makeups out there have it is beyond me. if you do your research, this ingredient is only supposed to be used at night IF your skin can handle it. now this stuff looks super chalky on me and i feel has worsened my skin even more... probably because the retinol made me even MORE sensitive. its a shame because i thought i had finally found a mess free mineral foundation that made my skin look amazing, but all it did is mess my skin up over time.

on 11/6/2011 10:12:00 AM

Contains bismuth!

I SOOOOOO wanted to be able to use this because it made my skin glow. Unfortunately it also made it itch and burn and break out. I read others talk about bismuth being an irritant and that seems to be true for me. Sooooo sad.

If you do not have a reaction to bismuth then you should try this because it does make skin look gorgeous. But if you have sensitive skin then this may not be for you.

on 11/5/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After trying numerous drug store foundations, I bite the bullet and decided to try mineral foundation. After reading great reviews about, Pur Mineral 4-in-1 foundation, I decided to get the starter kit. I must admit that the first time I wore it; I got so many random compliments, that I fell in love with it immediately (and even order two more full size compacts shortly after). It made my face flawless (even though I was suffering from several breakouts at the time). However, now that I have been wearing it for more than 5 months, I am starting to noticed the flaw of this product.
1 – it makes your face “shiny”, which is odd, since I have very dry skin
2- it rubs off very easily....there’s makeup stain on everything
3- it’s expensive when considering the amount of product you get
Overall, I like this product; it’s quick, easy to use, cover well and good for your skin. However, due to problems listed above, I think there might be a better mineral foundation out there…

on 11/4/2011 8:38:00 PM

AFTER TRYING PHYSICIANS FORMULA BB POWDER, I WOULD NOT GO BACK TO THIS POWDER, EVENTUALLY IT DRIED MY FACE OUT AND IT LOOKED TERRIBLE.

on 11/4/2011 1:26:00 AM

I love love love this product!!! I am a norm/combo skin type with freckles and prone to breakout in tzone. I have always sworn by only a liquid to really even my skintone out and take away redness and blend the freckles until i tried this product!I I used to use the old formulation and was a little hesitant about the retinol and peptides being in the new formulation but I LOVE it even more. I have not only noticed a smoother texture to my skin, but my freckles and hyperpigmentation are really evening out. I have also noticed that it wears much longer and I do not get as oily as I used to by the end of the day. Overall, my favorite thing about it is the new LIGHT TAN color theyve added. The new packaging is cuter too! :) A fan overall. If you have any skin conditions and/or sens skin then you really should give it a try, you wont be let down!

on 10/28/2011 8:39:00 AM

I really liked the original formulation, that they now discontinued .

There's too many added ingredients in the new formulation.

They should of continued to offer both.

on 10/18/2011 11:23:00 PM

Though expensive (around 25.00) this is absolutely the best makeup I have ever used! I applied with a big round makeup brush and found that it covered my skin evenly without looking cakey. It looked so natural, in fact, many people would approach me in public and tell me how flawless my skin looked and ask how I did it! It also kept my forehead shine free and is one of the few products that hasn't caused a pimple breakout on the oilier parts of my face. The range of colors is quite limited and it is pricey but overall I highly recomend this product!

on 10/15/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to say this is the best mineral foundation I've tried. The coverage is good and can be built up on my blemishes without looking cakey. It goes on like butter and feels great all day long, like you aren't wearing anything. I love how it doesn't give that annoying sheen most minerals do and has the most natural finish of any foundation, liquid or powder. The compact is not messy like loose powders, you can travel with it and not worry that it will end up all over your bag. These seem to last me longer than the loose powders since i'm not wasting product. They have recently added a few new colors to the line. Even with the color additions their selection is sparse and I have to blend golden medium and porcelain to get my match. (light looks too pink on me) My only complaint is that my oil breaks through rather quickly and I have to be careful while blotting because it will move or get lifted away. I use my ecotools bronzer brush to apply and it looks flawless every time. This is a def repurchase for me!