April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon #252B Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

Wet n' Wild is just a brand with some great shadows.
Nutty is a shimmery taupe brown shade
Very pigmented, good quality, and affordable price.
Great product and EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT OUT!
Beautiful on the lids or in the crease, versatile shade and formula!
GET THIS ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome eye shadow for the price but it will never be a true dupe for MAC's satin taupe in my heart! It is a great taupe to have in your collection though.. and at a great price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Nutty shows up on me as a cool light taupe with silver shimmer. I love it because light catches the silver and brightens my face. This shadow is my go-to for a one-color cool-toned eye look. This and mascara and I am ready to go!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

WOW. so cheap, great payoff, super soft. You cant go wrong with this. Plus I think it is a dupe with Satin Taupe from MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great all-over the lid neutral shade. I love to apply it all over the lid and blend it into the crease for a soft but still put-together look. It is shimmery, but it doesn't have chunky shimmer or anything like that, so it still works well in the crease. Every time I use this eyeshadow someone asks me what it is. I have very warm skin, and I do not find that this shade competes with my skin or my eye color (warm green). It has a nice texture, blends well, decent pigmentation. I give it four lipsticks because it is so soft that it breaks incredibly easily. I depot all of my WnW singles and keep them in a Uni palette. I don't drop my palette, and I don't abuse anything, but this shadow broke inside the Uni palette just out of nowhere. It's a nice color, nice shadow at a very good price, so I would certainly repurchase, and the product's tendency to crumble isn't that problematic because it's easily replaced without costing too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Jkline72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Woo hoo!!! I finally found nutty today! After so many reviews on mua praising it's glory I went on the hunt for it. Walgreens is discontinuing these single shades at least here in SF they are so they are all marked down to $1.29 final clearance! Which means no store had more than like 2 and were in Blanc (shimmery white) or an emerald green. Maybe. Then today low and behold I found the last 1! it was meant to be. Hey I paid the price going to like 15 walgreens to find it!
All I can say is WOW! Satin taupe from Mac I used to wear all the time but when I ran out I didn't buy it again as I try not jot spend a lot on eye shadows. So I switched to other colors but I have missed it. This one is the closest one I have ever seen! And it's sooooo pigmented!!! I swatched it on my hand as soon as I got home and it was amazing even without a primer or base! I can't wait to use it! It's so creamy too and blends super awesome. The color is sooo pretty. I am in love with it!! Go get it why you can. I think wnw is doing some changes to their products and packaging (I hope so at least!) so in case they change their colors or formula this is. MUST have!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I won't say too much because the important points have been covered by other reviewers. This eyeshadow is high-quality, but it is NOT neutral. On my yellow-toned NC15-ish skin (think really light East Asian), it shows up as a very reddish muddy taupe with frost. Not neutral at all, and absolutely unattractive against my skin. However, I'm giving it a high rating because of its good quality and lack of fall-out.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Like a few other reviewers, I bought Wet 'n' Wild's Nutty Color Icon shadow clearanced at Walgreens. I'd seen a lot of great reviews for it here at MUA, but had never picked it up, based on past experience with taupe shades. I'm glad I gave this a try.

As a fair-skinned redhead, it's difficult to find a taupe shade that doesn't disappear on me, or make me look washed out, but Nutty is an exception to that rule. It's a warm taupe that looks shimmery (but not too shimmery) and "glowy" on my lids. I pair it with a dark brown liner (usually NYC Waterproof liner in Dark Brown), a couple coats of L'Oreal's Volumious mascara, and I'm good to go.

I took off one lippie because, despite using a primer underneath, this shadow does not last anymore than 6 hours at the most before creasing and fading. But for the price, that's trifling argument, really!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Perfect taupe for everyday. If I'm heading out to dinner after work, my eye makeup only consist of Nutty, Sigma E25 brush, mascara and UB 24/7 Liner in Bourbon.
Lunch date with friends, all you need is Nutty and some Mascara, and there you have it, simple doe eye!
This is a must have Taupe for everyone!
It's a shame that Wet'N'Wild is not available in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by silverwing

I bought a couple of the singles when they were being clearanced out of Walgreens, I think to make room for new Wet n' Wild products, since they are still stocked at other stores.

This is a lovely taupe shade. It applys smoothly and has a nice texture. It is powdery, which can be expected from such an inexpensive shadow. I frequently use this as a one color wash when I am getting ready for work and don't have much time for an eye look.

I hate the way this is packaged. Mine does not open easily and I usually need to use the end of my comb to pop it open. I suspect this would shatter easily if dropped.