September 23, 2014 | 1795 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Nutty

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Itís hard to find fault with this, for $2! I love this shade- a shimmery, silvery-brown taupe. It applies smooth and velvety, with minimal fallout. I love taupe shadows in general (and have lots to choose from) and this has made its way into my regular rotation. Itís just a touch deeper than my skin tone, so it works well as a base/lid color for a minimal look. It pairs beautifully with black, dark brown, navy, teal, and purple shadow/liner shades. The staying power is excellent over a primer; it lasts all day on me without fading/creasing. Itís about the size of the postage stamp (no excessive or unnecessary packaging here). A minor complaint would be that itís a little hard to open, I find myself having to pry the lid open with my fingernail. Iíve already repurchased (a backup when these were BOGO). I highly recommend Nutty- its an excellent basic taupe that would make a nice addition to any makeup collection

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nutty, describes the color of this shadow very well, it is essentially a nutty brown color. I don't see any taupe in this shadow like others have suggested, and I don't think it is in any way a dupe for MAC Satin taupe, it has no purple qualities at all. In my opinion this shadow is a satin, it applies smoothly and lasts well with a primer. If you are buying this shadow looking for a dupe you will probably be disappointed the color is not close enough to be considered a dupe imo.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kukunamalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I use this with Brulee almost every single day as a subtle contour. It shows up nicely on my very pale skin. Lasts all day, especially when used with an eyeshadow base. It would be a 5 for me if it was just a smidgen less shiny, but I'm just being picky.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I HAD to try this since I kept hearing all of the hype and since I really enjoy some wnw shadows I had to give it a try. Trying to remove the sticker and open the package took some time. I had to ask s/o to open it for me. After he also struggled as well and looked a little embarrassed I was excited to give it a try. Anyway, this doesn't show up well on me and when I blend it out, it disappears! Nothing is barely there just a slight cool toned frosty silver which I am not a fan of by the way(looks completely juvenile). I can not see any taupe in this at all. I am NC40-42 so if you are anywhere near my shade, don't get this. This shadow is wimpy compared to some of their others. I really don't know what everyone is talking about the quality isn't any where near as good as brule and some of the shades I really enjoy in my vanity palette. This isn't some rare drugstore find like everyone made this out to be. Bad on my skin tone and barely pigmented. This was super cheap but I'm still giving it it only 1 lippie since I will never use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lauramarie100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this color! I was looking for a good taupe and I purchased one from MAC (satin taupe), Lorac, and Victoria's Secret. I honestly like this taupe better than all of those. I have quite fair skin and it's the perfect soft shade to use all over my eyelids for something subtle and pretty and it goes with any number of color combinations (ah...the beauty of taupe). I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful eyeshadow! Great pigmentation, smooth, and super cheap. There is no way you can go wrong with shadow. Great dupe for Mac Satin Taupe.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My very most favorite eyeshadow. ever. I love how smooth it is, if you just seen a swatch of it you would suspect it is urban decay. honestly. Its nicer than the ud dupe, busted. I love it and wear it often. cant say the same for some of my pricer shadows from prestige brands. it is so beautiful with satin taupe from mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by AWu0138

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Thanks to mua for introducing me to this product. I am such a big fan of wnw e/s. nutty is my fav shade, good for an alone es or on the eyelids augmented with brown or dark purple in crease. I am asian with small doublelids and this is a great everyday shade and i find myself reaching for it all the time

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by CamR

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this eyeshadow! It is very pigmented and smooth, and has a beautiful brown/silver finish that compliments my hazel eyes very well. I really like the packaging: it is very small and compact and easy for travelling or just not taking up too much room in your makeup collection. I will definitely repurchase this eyeshadow when it is used up, but I don't think that will be any time soon, as you really don't need much of this product due to the amazing pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE the WNW Coloricon shadows... they are seriously a God send to us girls who cant afford Mac, Urban Decay etc. I dont mind at all anymore since owning these shadows bc i know it cant get much better than these...
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Coloricon single shadows will be found at most drugstores being CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as most Walmart stores. It will depend on your area as well. Whats amazing about the single shadows is they are only $1.99- yes less than $2 for a whole bunch of amazing shadow- yes please!! The price will vary slightly depending on sales/discounts/coupons as well as location.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Nutty, oh what a beautiful color! This shadow is on my top 10 list & i have to say WNW hit it right on the head w/ this shadow esp. Nutty is a gray brown w/ purple undertones. A mid tone taupe. Its a taupe that is UNIVERSALLY flattering on all skin tones & looks incredible in many ways. Its multidimensional. If you place it all over the lid, it will catch the light, looking lighter but then placed in the crease, the color will deepen & darken. Its so amazing to see how many different ways this can make a look. It Its a great affordable dupe of Mac Satin Taupe eyeshadow that would cost you $14 or so- this is a must have taupe eyeshadow! i love my taupes & this one looks amazing no matter how you use it! it can make a more neutral eye or be smoked out to create more dramatic smoky eyes! The formula is super buttery smooth. Its so easy & nice to apply & blend. Also pairing this w/ different color bases will also give you even more different colors to the shadow. Pigmentation is unreal & so great. unreal that its drugstore. Staying power is wonderful- on its own is def 6 hrs or more Add a primer & a cream base- you will have to remove this shadow with a wipe or a remover. it stays fresh & beautiful!
=PACKAGING=
This is a hard hard plastic mini compact in the shape of a square. black shiny logo/name/info is located on the sticker on the back. the front is see thru. Snap closure which sometimes is super hard to open on the one i own. I know some say its not hard to open theirs but most of mine are so hard to open. i dunno if its my nails or the packaging. the pan size is awesome. its a little bigger than a quarter & the pan is pretty deep so you get an incredible amount of shadow. to be exact- you will have 0.06oz or 1.17grams- it will take forever for me to get thru this. I love how much you get. super nice. I wish it was a little easier to open. thats all bc ive cracked a little bit of the shadow so i had to press it down a bit w/ some spritz of alcohol. but other than that- these are so incredible. i wish they'd release more of these single shadows. *Which they just did release a set of shimmer singles? i can never find these new items so hopefully ill find them somewhere & review those as well.
Overall, NUTTY is a MUST HAVE! if you dont own it- run to the store & pick it up. I will almost guarentee that you will really love it as much as me. Its just such a unique color. If you always wanted macs satin taupe, then get this & play around w/ it before investing in some crazy $14 eyeshadow- ha crazy... I will forever love WNW and & Nutty is a true performer!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No