November 22, 2014 | 1435 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lovesyou

I Love this stuff.HG worthy!!!
I have really curly hair that is dried and frizzy at the ends,and no shampoo or conditnar has helped that until i found this.It made my hair so soft and shiny and a bit curler but i don't mind.Since i know that it doesn't wiegh down my curls like most condtinars.Only $2.seriously you really need to give this a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this conditioner, but I wouldn't call it my HG. It smells lovely, and it leaves my hair soft and detangled. The only downside is that it's just not moisturizing enough for my extremely dry ends. My hair is almost bra strap length, and the longer it gets, the drier my ends seem to be. I like this, but I definitely still need a deep conditioner in my haircare routine. I'd love to find an everyday conditioner that took care of my dry ends too, but for now, I still really like this conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't been a huge fan of Suave products. I had this and the shampoo sitting in my cabinet unused. I tossed it in my bag when I went on vacation recently. It was a pleasant surprise. This is a decent, light conditioner. It smells good, de-tangled my hair and left it soft. For normal hair, it may be good enough to use on a regular basis. My hair is dry & color-treated so I typically need a deeper conditioning product. This will work for me on an occasional basis though so I'll keep it in my rotation of products.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by bella1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this conditioner along with the matching shampoo. I have to admit I like the shampoo a lot, and I wish the conditioner was a little better. The shampoo is great, doesn't tug my hair as I work it in. The conditioner, I have to use a huge glob each time in order to parch my thirsty tresses. The annoying part is that I run out of conditioner and I am not even halfway done with the shampoo bottle. No big deal though, given the low price. This conditioner smells nice, very mild, and does a pretty good job. I would like to see the larger size come with a pump. It would be great.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by 346babyboo346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was really excited to buy this product,i regret buying this,yes it cheap and affordable but it sucks it left my hair dryer that it alreasdy is,made it really frizzy,this says it a moisturizing product and its nott,do nott buy thisss im so unhappy with the results:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tdrolma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that I am surprised that any conditioner, would have a "dramatic" effect on my 4a/3c texturized curly hair. However, I am thrilled to be surprised. Target has a corner on the market of this line of products, particularly the super large sizes, and at a shockingly low price. For $1.??, if you have space in your bathroom, you can afford to try all the conditioners out!

I originally planned on using this as a "co-wash", but in the shower, the conditioner felt so great, and so light and so soft on my hair, that I didn't want to wash it out. So, I left it in, and just added some hair gel, and wow, my hair is soft and has body. I can't stop touching my hair, it so wonderful. This is naturally curly ethnic hair on a good hair day, and ladies, we know how rare that can be in August!

Pretty amazing product from Suave. Oh, by the way, it has the disturbing preservative, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) methylisothiazolinone. However, they are much lower on the list than the Suave naturals line, which is definitely inferior to this new line.

Watch carefully for allergic reactions. VO5 doesnt have this really dangerous preservative. Someone should really contact the company on this. I would have given this a 5, but again, the chemical additive knocks it down to great but not ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Chloe1019

Wonderful price LOVE this conditioner! Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ispiratabyblue

HG CONDITIONER.

Oh my gosh.

It smells soooo freaking good (a fresh buttery coconut scent), is SOOO cheap and works better than Redken All Soft. The packaging could be prettier because it deserves to be, since the stuff inside is beyond amazing. Plus, the scent is fresh and warm at the same time but it's light too, and definitely fades over time. This is great if you don't like coconut, or just any strong smell like Aussie products.

This, unlike any other conditioner, keeps my hair actually soft and tangle free throughout the whole day. You don't need much, and I use this everyday regardless if I'm washing my hair or not. It's a phenomenal product for an even more amazing price. CVS doesn't carry it but Walgreens, Rite Aid, and grocery stores will (I got it at Stop & Shop, which carries all Suave Professionals products).

After the first time I used it I went to school my friend told me my hair seemed to grow longer, and I accredit that to this great little dude :)

Definitely. will. repurchase! I don't even go into a store and look for new conditioners anymore. I'm a very loyal fan of this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only thing that works on my hair that frizzes very easy. I love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Even though this is a fairly "new" product from Suave they've already changed the ingredients and the packaging once.

For the record the original ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acd, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

The newer ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
*Certified Organic Ingredient

Both the older version and new version contain silicones. Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, dimethicone, and amodimethicone are silicones. I only state this for those who expect most Suave conditioner to be silicone free, this one and most in their "Professionals" line contain silicones.

I've used this(the newer version) along with the matching shampoo, and I'll say that it's nice for a Suave conditioner. It doesn't compare to Aveda at ALL, so I think that it's incorrect for them to make those claims. It does have some nice ingredients, but it doesn't seem to penetrate the hair and give lasting moisture and strength the way that Aveda products do. It's a pretty good everyday conditioner, but I wouldn't call it a HG product. For a couple of dollars more you can get Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Conditioning Treatment which works better than this. It also smells better.

Speaking of the scent, I have a really sensitive sense of smell. I've used Aveda's Brilliant, Damage Remedy, and Dry Remedy line and this smells like a mix of all of them with a healthy dose of Cherry Almond Bark. It seems like they wanted their conditioner to smell like an Aveda product but couldn't afford the essential fragrance oils and couldn't figure out which one they wanted it to smell like. So they used cheap dupes of the scents of each and threw them all together. For me it's not really pleasant, but it fades really quickly after rinsing so that's a plus.

As much as I would love to get "Professional" level hair care for Suave prices, this isn't it. It's good for drugstore, and great for Suave, but I don't really find it that special.

Would not repurchase.