October 21, 2014 | 1978 users online

Conditioner - Suave - Professionals Almond & Shea Butter

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by bella1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this conditioner along with the matching shampoo. I have to admit I like the shampoo a lot, and I wish the conditioner was a little better. The shampoo is great, doesn't tug my hair as I work it in. The conditioner, I have to use a huge glob each time in order to parch my thirsty tresses. The annoying part is that I run out of conditioner and I am not even halfway done with the shampoo bottle. No big deal though, given the low price. This conditioner smells nice, very mild, and does a pretty good job. I would like to see the larger size come with a pump. It would be great.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by 346babyboo346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i was really excited to buy this product,i regret buying this,yes it cheap and affordable but it sucks it left my hair dryer that it alreasdy is,made it really frizzy,this says it a moisturizing product and its nott,do nott buy thisss im so unhappy with the results:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tdrolma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can honestly say that I am surprised that any conditioner, would have a "dramatic" effect on my 4a/3c texturized curly hair. However, I am thrilled to be surprised. Target has a corner on the market of this line of products, particularly the super large sizes, and at a shockingly low price. For $1.??, if you have space in your bathroom, you can afford to try all the conditioners out!

I originally planned on using this as a "co-wash", but in the shower, the conditioner felt so great, and so light and so soft on my hair, that I didn't want to wash it out. So, I left it in, and just added some hair gel, and wow, my hair is soft and has body. I can't stop touching my hair, it so wonderful. This is naturally curly ethnic hair on a good hair day, and ladies, we know how rare that can be in August!

Pretty amazing product from Suave. Oh, by the way, it has the disturbing preservative, Methylchloroisothiazolinone (and) methylisothiazolinone. However, they are much lower on the list than the Suave naturals line, which is definitely inferior to this new line.

Watch carefully for allergic reactions. VO5 doesnt have this really dangerous preservative. Someone should really contact the company on this. I would have given this a 5, but again, the chemical additive knocks it down to great but not ideal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Chloe1019

Wonderful price LOVE this conditioner! Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by ispiratabyblue

HG CONDITIONER.

Oh my gosh.

It smells soooo freaking good (a fresh buttery coconut scent), is SOOO cheap and works better than Redken All Soft. The packaging could be prettier because it deserves to be, since the stuff inside is beyond amazing. Plus, the scent is fresh and warm at the same time but it's light too, and definitely fades over time. This is great if you don't like coconut, or just any strong smell like Aussie products.

This, unlike any other conditioner, keeps my hair actually soft and tangle free throughout the whole day. You don't need much, and I use this everyday regardless if I'm washing my hair or not. It's a phenomenal product for an even more amazing price. CVS doesn't carry it but Walgreens, Rite Aid, and grocery stores will (I got it at Stop & Shop, which carries all Suave Professionals products).

After the first time I used it I went to school my friend told me my hair seemed to grow longer, and I accredit that to this great little dude :)

Definitely. will. repurchase! I don't even go into a store and look for new conditioners anymore. I'm a very loyal fan of this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by NurseKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The only thing that works on my hair that frizzes very easy. I love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Even though this is a fairly "new" product from Suave they've already changed the ingredients and the packaging once.

For the record the original ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Dimethiconol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Potassium Chloride, Lactic Acd, Disodium EDTA, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

The newer ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice [Aloe Vera], Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil [Lemongrass], Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dipropylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
*Certified Organic Ingredient

Both the older version and new version contain silicones. Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, dimethicone, and amodimethicone are silicones. I only state this for those who expect most Suave conditioner to be silicone free, this one and most in their "Professionals" line contain silicones.

I've used this(the newer version) along with the matching shampoo, and I'll say that it's nice for a Suave conditioner. It doesn't compare to Aveda at ALL, so I think that it's incorrect for them to make those claims. It does have some nice ingredients, but it doesn't seem to penetrate the hair and give lasting moisture and strength the way that Aveda products do. It's a pretty good everyday conditioner, but I wouldn't call it a HG product. For a couple of dollars more you can get Aussie's 3 Minute Miracle Deeeep Conditioning Treatment which works better than this. It also smells better.

Speaking of the scent, I have a really sensitive sense of smell. I've used Aveda's Brilliant, Damage Remedy, and Dry Remedy line and this smells like a mix of all of them with a healthy dose of Cherry Almond Bark. It seems like they wanted their conditioner to smell like an Aveda product but couldn't afford the essential fragrance oils and couldn't figure out which one they wanted it to smell like. So they used cheap dupes of the scents of each and threw them all together. For me it's not really pleasant, but it fades really quickly after rinsing so that's a plus.

As much as I would love to get "Professional" level hair care for Suave prices, this isn't it. It's good for drugstore, and great for Suave, but I don't really find it that special.

Would not repurchase.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful conditioner. I'm so mad at myself for spending $30 on a Paul Mitchell conditioner that didn't do nearly as well as this did.

My hair is very, very dry. Whenever I comb it, it feels like it'll break off and is frizzy at that. After playing with every conditioner from other drugstore brands, I gave up and decided to try this on a whim. Afterwords, my hair was shiny and like other reviewers have mentioned, there's definitely a little bounce left behind after styling, too- and the shine!! My hair is glossy as if I've put serum in it, yet I haven't. I'm shocked at how well this works. Although it has slip and is just slightly watery, it still moisturizes and doesn't leave the bottom of the tub dangerously slippery. Repurchasing as soon as I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:59:00 AM More reviews by lillybloo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I have colored my hair every 6-8 weeks for the past 15 years at least. My hair is pin straight, very fine and normally oily at the roots and dry as a bone everywhere else. I've tried countless brands of hair products to make my hair pretty. Since Suave released this line, I have not needed to try anything else. This conditioner is rich, creamy and smells nummy. I don't leave it in longer than a minute or 2 and my hair always looks shiny, healthy and has a happy bounce to it. I've spent $20 on Fekkai glossing conditioner that didn't make my hair look like that! I swear by this Suave stuff!! I think alot of people discount Suave as being a cheapy, poor quality brand, and with alot of products that may be true. But not this. RUN, don't walk, and go get some. My HG conditioner, for sure. So happy that at least I don't have to spend a small fortune on my hair! (Lord knows I spend enough on my makeup and skincare!)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love this conditioner! It sort of smells like coconut (nummy~!) and it moisturizes and detangle my hair superbly!! After I come out of the shower i have sleek, shiny, and really moisturized hair XD I use a sulfate free shampoo, so sometimes there is a bit of buildup, but if i use the suave Rosemary mint clarifying conditioner the next day its gone ^-^
OMG.... plus! It's CHEAP