April 20, 2014 | 1447 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like PF's Healthy Mix line. This is the first pressed powder I've bought in ages. I love the pink and orange case- I wish more makeup could look this cute but for adults. The powder itself looks incredibly light in the box- but the lightest is a good match for my NW20 skintone. I like to use this over the TM for better coverage and more sun protection, since they're both fairly light. It doesn't make my skin oily and lasts all day.

Mine also came with the Healthy Wear bronzer in Light. It's maybe a couple shades darker than my skintone and is definitely a natural color. Matte light-medium brown. But PF- you have to be fair about the extras- only my light shade came with the perk while the other two shades didn't. Lame. As for the bronzer, I'll keep it but it isn't something I would have purchased.

Goods: packaging, spf, paraben free, it's almost always on sale, and I think $10-$15 is reasonable

Bad: color selection; too orange for me, will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely pale skin and that makes finding a foundation match close to impossible. The lightest shades of most foundations are still too dark on me. I picked this up in translucent light last summer and I love it. It has great coverage and on lazy days I can get by just wearing it and some concealer. I have oily/combo skin and this lasts most of the day on me with a primer. I like the packaging but as with most Physicians Formula products, I do think the price is a bit high. Overall, I love powder and would recommend it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by loulouJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really liked this. It is not available in Canada, but I hope we will have it here soon, because I would repurchase.
    I picked up both Tanslucent Light and Medium. The Light, I agree, must look chalky on most skin types, i am very fair and pink toned, and I prefer the medium shade.
    I think it looks best applied with a Kabuki type brush, but the sponge that it comes with is okay. The finish is a nice matte, not too dry looking, at least for me.
    I love the idea that you can touch up your SPF during the day. I agree with another member that said to get SPF 50 you would have to use a heavy hand. But the top active ingredients are titianium and zinc, and they are excellent physical blockers.
    The packaging is not my favorite color ( orange), but seems to be sturdy and good quality, and the ribbon top is cute. I also like the mirror and flip down arm for the sponge.
    This is a winner! I am going to try the bronzer when I am back in the USA!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 6:57:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Love the concept, the sun protection and the ease of application. It also has impressive lasting power, as I ran in the rain and it didn't come off. For the winter, it is a bit too heavy-feeling and oxidizes on my very pale yellow skin. I have translucent light, which looks white in the pan, but darkens on the skin. Its still less pink and dark than 90% of the palest powders out there. I bet it will be a great match in the summer and I'll happily put up with the heavier feel to avoid greasy creams. Like many reviewers, I use Diorskin Forever- its more moisturizing, but light-feeling and the 010 is perfectly pale for me in the winter. The spf isn't as great. Will update in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product, but not as a foundation. I have it in Transluscent Light. For me the coverage is very light, and while it can be built up a little bit I don't find that it covers acne scarring or hyper pigmentation adequately. It has the same amount of coverage as most pressed finishing powders I've tried. Maybe the darker colors have more coverage, I don't know. That said, this is a great finishing powder. It has a silky, lightweight matte finish and a healthy dose of spf, which I love. It matches my fair skin tone perfectly. I don't find it to be chalky in the slightest, even when I put on more than layer. Great product that will work beautifully this summer! EDIT: Two months later I am still reaching for this foundation alot, although I can see from pictures of me wearing that it does not completely cover hyperpigmentation and even tends to emphasize my acne scarring in some lighting :( so I will have to layer it over another foundation or concealer from now on. But it will still be a go to for me as the my exposure to the sun increases over the next couple of months (and I do notice a somewhat skin brightening effect) and I would still repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jinglecat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The coverage is light, up to medium if you layer it on, and to get the labeled spf, you would want to apply generously. The finish is matte, yet somehow glowingly alive without sparkle. Really, I am amazed at how nice my complexion looks with this on, even tho it does not erase all my little spots, it minimizes pores and lines and it is softly luminizing.
    The shade selection runs very light, but there is also a 'bronzer' that is matte and could be used by those with deeper tones who want to try this out. I use this over a primer and the powder does not turn orange on me.
    It really is very long wearing and water resistant and will be a handy way to touch up this summer while adding some spf, though I would not rely on it alone for ss. With only 3%zinc oxide, the uva filtering is not the best, but over top of an all physical ss this should be helpful in negating white cast they create. I would not use this over a chemical ss with avobenzone, because the titanium dioxide diminishes the effectiveness of that ss.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Thugluvgrl187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this for 75% off at CVS and it sucked! It is so sheer and so light. Kind of chalky too. Not impressed with it at all. I was expecting better from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by jcookie123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of spf 50 in my powder... I purchased this in the summer but unfortunately this left me greasy..I think it has to do with the spf ingredients... I now use in the winter instead. Also choices of colors are limited...so it definitely looks like powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by husveges

I got creamy beige, natural beige, and translucent medium (on sale at CVS) because I read the MUA reviews that said this runs light. I'm a ColorStay 180 Sand Beige (don't do the whole MAC thing, sorry), and I agree with the reviewer who said that creamy beige is cooler toned and more natural looking for light skinned, neutral undertoned girls.

Despite the reviews that say this runs light, I'm thinking of getting the light shade, too. These look a lot lighter in the pan or applied with a kabuki brush than they do applied with a sponge or after they sit on your skin for a while. They are dry, but I feel are less dry looking than Colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the darkest shade, and it was way to light for me (NC42). Why can't Physician's Formula make darker shades? I had to return it.

FAIL