Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Best nail polish ever! Great staying power and even the darkest colors will not stain my nails. Well done Sally!

I bought this from Cosmeticsfairy, a discount makeup website, making it cheaper than usual. I found that this nail varnish was thin and streaky on the first layer but as soon as I applied the second, it evened out completely giving a completely opaque and even finish.
Only downside is that it took a while to dry, not ages, but not under 2 minutes. (which I guess is understandable considering it's not stated as a fast finish nail varnish)

Regarding the 'yellowing' that other reviewers have mentioned, I've not taken my varnish off yet but I did still use a base coat. I will review again in a few days as I only applied it 3hours ago!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I definitely like this nail polish. The brush is wide enough to cover most of my nail to use as little amount of strokes possible. I like that it has a little grip on the handle, which makes it conveniently easier to paint your nails. However, it goes on sheer and uneven for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got this with a 50 percent discount and I wouldn't repurchase for the full price. It's not tragic, just has a couple of flaws too many.

Pros

- the 570 Right Said Red is a nice, cool-toned red with no shimmer
- I love the packaging, especially the nice wide brush and the rubber band on the cap that helps you to get a firmer grip

Cons

- No, you can't use it without a base and a top coat.
- It's runny and goes on way too sheer, I have to put on at least four coats to make it opaque.
- Which is too bad, because it dries quite slow. You definitely need some sort of quick-dry spray or drops to speed things up.

I'll probably use it up, keep the bottle, clean it thoroughly and try pouring a different brand in.

I love Sally Hansen products especially base and quick dry top coats. I was able to pick up 2 btls for $10 at Walgreen's; Plum's the World and So Much Fawn. For that price I love this product. It was hard to get used to the brush but I've managed. I like the colors and the names, but most importantly I LOVE the staying power of this polish. I went 2 weeks before needing to strip and re-paint. I always use a base coat to protect my nails from yellowing, plus I have very weak nails. When I put on a top coat it really made this polish look like smooth liquid. But what I like most considering the my natural nail condition, it felt like I had a light layer of acryllic...normally my nails will rip and split but not with this polish. Definitely would recommend to a person with weaker nails due to the thickness of this polish.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love these nail polishes. Especially the brush; it's flat and wide unlike any other nail polish brushes, so it's clean and easy to brush it on in two single strokes to completely cover the entire nail. It only takes 2 coats to get a perfect color. It lasts about a week on my nails before I need to touch it up. No chips! I use OPI Base and TopCoat, also.

I have this product in 4 or 5 shades, and I really like it, but I don't love it. A couple of the shades I have are prone to streaking, but if I'm careful w/ application it's not too bad. The staying power is amazing, even better than OPI. I'm wearing Fired Up now. I applied it 5 days ago and have only had mild chipping on a couple of nails. It does take a while to dry, but the results are worth it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this in the clear. "Clear'd for takeoff" I thought the name was cute.. the results not so much. I was comparing this to the sally hansen hard as nails. My complaints: it took a long time to dry, it felt very thin and goopy on my nails, there were messed up scratches almost instantly. The Pros, they have great color selection and brush. For like 8 dollars I'd expect more but whatever. As far as nail color goes it's probably good, but it definitely doesn't replace nail growth treatments, and base and top coat like they claim.

I have got about 5 of these, some I bought myself some I was given as a present.

All of them have visible tip wear after a couple of hours, they chip on the first day and are generally extremely bad quality.

I definately cannot recommend this polish to anybody.

Complete waste of money.
Very poor quality nail polish.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have a few nail polishes by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure and I love them! They can be streaky and can last as long or short as any other expensive brand. Last year I hunted for the color Barracuda, and I was really happy to find 1 bottle left. This time I didn't use any base ot top coats, just for something different, I also noticed it really doesn't matter if there is top/base coat the color will last about the same.

Loooove the wide brush as covers my nails almost in the point of perfection, leaving me only with an easy clean up. And it's opaque after 2 coats.

Sally Hansen CSM series in my Canadian city is more expensive than China Glaze and about $1 cheaper than OPI. Not too bad comparing it to Chanel, Butter London, Lippmann, Mac, Nars etc.

Anyways, I love Sally Hansen's Barracuda as it increases my existing happy mood everytime I take a look at it. <3