December 22, 2014 | 1828 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by d1d1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have a few nail polishes by Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure and I love them! They can be streaky and can last as long or short as any other expensive brand. Last year I hunted for the color Barracuda, and I was really happy to find 1 bottle left. This time I didn't use any base ot top coats, just for something different, I also noticed it really doesn't matter if there is top/base coat the color will last about the same.

Loooove the wide brush as covers my nails almost in the point of perfection, leaving me only with an easy clean up. And it's opaque after 2 coats.

Sally Hansen CSM series in my Canadian city is more expensive than China Glaze and about $1 cheaper than OPI. Not too bad comparing it to Chanel, Butter London, Lippmann, Mac, Nars etc.

Anyways, I love Sally Hansen's Barracuda as it increases my existing happy mood everytime I take a look at it. <3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a total nail polish junkie and lean towards using higher end brands. i was looking for a coral and saw the sally hansen complete in coral fever (it's not listed here on makeup alley or in the pictures above...not sure if it's discontinued). As for the formulation of the nail polish in general, it is VERY thick. Though it is supposed to be an all-in-one product, I still use a base and top coat with it (a ridge-filling base coat for my horrible naiils...and a fast-drying topcoat). Despite the fact that I used a ridge-filing base coat, you could still see EVERY ridge in my nail, despite how incredibly thick this polish is, even after multiple coats. I don't know if it's because it's so thick that when you drag the brush over your nail every time, it pulls the polish too much. Either way, seeing my ridges is very disappointing. I also use top coat because otherwise it would take WAY too long to dry. Not to mention, the finish is very dull. It almost looked like straight-up acrylic paint on my nails and didn't have much of a gloss. Also, though it takes a very long time for this polish to dry fully w/out a topcoat, you don't have much time to work w/the polish before it gets tacky on your nails...30 seconds at best and then it BEGINS drying and then you'll have a mess if you try to continue to work w/it afterwards. I generally like wide brushes, so I don't mind the brush, though it is a big thick. However, it does make covering each nail a much faster process. I like the packaging; nice and sleek, hefty bottle.

As for the color Coral Fever, it is straight up orange on my yellow-toned skin...very unflattering. I don't think I'll be repurchasing any of these nail polishes...it's just too high maintenance and finnicky for my taste despite the fact that it's supposed to be all-in-one.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by darmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased pink slip and naked ambition. Having had previous good results with sally hansen was happy about the color selection. 3 coats later chalky/streaky. Oh well -> next!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by peggy1234

I was able to get a bunch of they for $2.00 at target this past week. I picked up about 8 different colors. Thet apply perfect and wear very well. I have been really pleased with the smooth well pigmented formula. Also there were no bubbles and the colors are so pretty and unique.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Guilty Pleasure and Angel Wings. I love both colors. Guilty Pleasure is probably my go to polish when i want some fun. With a base coat and top coat, it can easily last a week. The formula is creamy and easy to apply. I enjoy the wide brush because I think it makes application easier. It can be messy around the edges so I need to take extra caution on that.

Angel Wings is a shimmery sheer color that can look good on its own or layer on top of another polish. However, I got a few bubbles out of it which I am not sure why. I used it without a top coat and the polish dried out without too much shine. The drying time is quite long though. I went to bed four hours after the application yet I still got bedsheet marks.

I probably would not use it on its own but I absolutely love the colors and the design of the brush. I would love to add more into my own collection and with them on sale, they are not so bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish! It goes on smoothly and easily lasts a week when I use base and top coats. It might last longer, but I don't usually keep a manicure longer than that. The flat brush makes application a breeze. I'll definitely buy more of this in different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Erida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought 'Right Said Red' and it is my new favorite! I have very wide nails and this brush is fabulous - I've never used another like it. It applies beautifully, dries fast and didn't chip or streak. One dip in the bottle was enough to cover all five on one hand and that's so wonderful for someone that is used to having to double dip to cover a single nail evenly. The color was rich with two coats, but I went ahead for a third and it's flawless. Couldn't be happier and can't wait to go back for more colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by jachang

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought "Naked Ambition." I was immediately excited about only needing two coats to get a "complete" manicure, and I just did my nails with it 20 minutes ago.

As soon as I put the first dab onto my nail, my heart sank. What a streaky mess! The brush either picks up too much or too little. I hoped that maybe the second coat would make it look good. Wrong! Just as streaky, and not only streaky, but it has this "texturized" look to it as if it has powder or something in it. You can't see this by looking at the bottle, but once you apply it, it's very noticeable. I finally gave it a third coat, hoping to cover the streaks, but it still looks pretty awful. It looks like cheap 99-cent polish.

Okay, my last ditch effort before removing it was to apply a fourth coat! Now it is finally starting to look opaque, but a very streaky opaque.

Thank goodness CVS has a good return policy, because this is definitely going back. In fact, as soon as I hit "send" on this review, I'm going to remove it from my nails. I've never seen them look so awful.

I'm so disappointed, because this seemed like it was going to be a huge help eliminating a few coats, but I guess not... sigh...

EDIT: Well, I discovered what that powdery, texturized stuff was in the polish--fine glitter. When I tried to remove the polish, lots of glitter stayed behind and was really hard to remove! Funny, because you can't see any glitter at all in the bottle and it doesn't imply there is any in it either. Oh well, I hate to say it, but it was just as bad coming off as it was going on. LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by cginel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last week I bought Thinking of Blue and Pat on the Black and I really like the coverage this polish gives with two coats. These are my first complete salon polishes and im so glad I bought them. Totally looking forward to my next ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this nail polish. All the colors are wonderful. I love the brush that comes with the nail polish-nice and square so to get most of the nail at once. As for longevity, I cannot really comment on that. My nails, no matter what I put on them, start to chip after two days. But, I have observed that some colors stay on longer, such as the pinks vs. the browns. May be just a personal experience. I have noticed that my nails have been a lot healthier and have grown longer faster since starting to use this nail polish.**I would recommend you stay away from Rite Aid or CVS when purchasing. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about $2 cheaper, and Walgreens has a special going on (as of 11/14/11) that you can get two for $10** I found this out the hard way that CVS chargers about $2-$3 more on makeup products (Except maybe Wet n Wild). Outrageous!