July 25, 2014 | 1135 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by jachang

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought "Naked Ambition." I was immediately excited about only needing two coats to get a "complete" manicure, and I just did my nails with it 20 minutes ago.

As soon as I put the first dab onto my nail, my heart sank. What a streaky mess! The brush either picks up too much or too little. I hoped that maybe the second coat would make it look good. Wrong! Just as streaky, and not only streaky, but it has this "texturized" look to it as if it has powder or something in it. You can't see this by looking at the bottle, but once you apply it, it's very noticeable. I finally gave it a third coat, hoping to cover the streaks, but it still looks pretty awful. It looks like cheap 99-cent polish.

Okay, my last ditch effort before removing it was to apply a fourth coat! Now it is finally starting to look opaque, but a very streaky opaque.

Thank goodness CVS has a good return policy, because this is definitely going back. In fact, as soon as I hit "send" on this review, I'm going to remove it from my nails. I've never seen them look so awful.

I'm so disappointed, because this seemed like it was going to be a huge help eliminating a few coats, but I guess not... sigh...

EDIT: Well, I discovered what that powdery, texturized stuff was in the polish--fine glitter. When I tried to remove the polish, lots of glitter stayed behind and was really hard to remove! Funny, because you can't see any glitter at all in the bottle and it doesn't imply there is any in it either. Oh well, I hate to say it, but it was just as bad coming off as it was going on. LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by cginel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Last week I bought Thinking of Blue and Pat on the Black and I really like the coverage this polish gives with two coats. These are my first complete salon polishes and im so glad I bought them. Totally looking forward to my next ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by silverd12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this nail polish. All the colors are wonderful. I love the brush that comes with the nail polish-nice and square so to get most of the nail at once. As for longevity, I cannot really comment on that. My nails, no matter what I put on them, start to chip after two days. But, I have observed that some colors stay on longer, such as the pinks vs. the browns. May be just a personal experience. I have noticed that my nails have been a lot healthier and have grown longer faster since starting to use this nail polish.**I would recommend you stay away from Rite Aid or CVS when purchasing. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about $2 cheaper, and Walgreens has a special going on (as of 11/14/11) that you can get two for $10** I found this out the hard way that CVS chargers about $2-$3 more on makeup products (Except maybe Wet n Wild). Outrageous!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in Wine Not, but the color really isn't the point (though it turned out to be a really nice color). The point was trying to find a nail polish that I can use at home that'd give a finished result that was as good as a salon manicure. The bottom line is no product will do that (IMHO) but this come close (and it's better than some of the less professional salon manicures I've had, that's for sure.) With two coats of polish and without a top coat, it leaves a nice shine and doesn't chip for days. The variable, of course, is the skill of the home manicurist (i.e., me/you) and I'm just not that good at it (I really suck with my left hand). But you can't beat the price (compared to the price of a "real" manicure). Bottom line - very good nail polish!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by cappy1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in 'Malt.' I paid $6.49 for it at Meijer. On my NW35 skin, this is a chalky (and unattractive) beige with one coat, with a lot of streaks. But the color really changes/improves after two coats ... it becomes a milky beige (the color of really milky coffee) with a hint of chocolate. Lasts for 3 days without a top coat, and for about 5 with a top coat. I think this is a color is better suited to warmer skin tones. On cooler skin tones, this will probably end up as an ashy beige. I'm not a big fan of the brush -- I think it picks up too much color -- but in general, I like this range of nail polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

the ones i had were all the same.. thick, goopy, and a total PITA to dry even with Seche Vite on top... waste of money.. if i didn't buy them on clearance, i would be really angry...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the brush, once I got the hang of it--at first, it picked up too much polish, and my nails never really got dry. You have to really be sure you wipe the brush on the lip of the bottle. But, once I figured it out, it's fast and easy to use. Finish is very glossy, very good lasting power, and I like the idea of the base and top coat being included. I did have problems with darker colors staining my nails, but that happened when I wore a separate base coat, too. I suspect the staining happens not from wearing polish, but from dissolving it with the remover when you take it off, and I don't see any way to prevent that from happening. EDIT: Downgrading this from a 5 to a 2. No matter how early in the day I apply my polish, no matter how thinly I apply, no matter how careful I am, I *always* end up with sheet marks. So I will never buy again, because this stuff never really dries.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

Loving these nail polishes. One of the best if not the best I've used. I have it in So Much Fawn which is my fave colour ever. I also have it in Kook a Mango which is a nice bright red. The polish applies very evenly and the brush makes it so easy.

I use this on its own (without base or top coat) and it is usually nice and shiny the first day or two which then fades a bit. It chips after 3 days like most polishes but still does pretty well in my books.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The Complete Salon Manicure polishes from Sally Hansen are by far the best drugstore polishes available. For $6 they are also the best value.

I have no complaints when it comes to the packaging. The glass bottle is attractive and unique. The rubber ring, at the base of the brush, is great for helping to open the bottle and hold the brush while applying. The brush itself is flat and rounded a bit. It's my overall favorite brush of any brand. It holds a lot of product, so be sure to wipe off the extras before you apply, but it's easy to use and takes some time off of the process.

The color selection is pretty good. I own three colors from this line now, and they are all very unique. I plan on buying a couple more. The formula is almost perfect. It has a great consistency. Not too watery or messy and it dries quickly. It's also DBP, toluene and formaldehyde free (Big plus!). The only problem with the formula is that it differs from polish to polish. Nothing big, but Commander in Chic was slightly streaky, Gray by Gray dried faster than the other two and had absolutely no shine to it, and Plum's the Word was perfect. So it's a little hit and miss, but all were obviously high quality and after 2 coats and a good top coat looked great.

The polish lasts for 5-7 days without chips. Only slight wear to the tips. I have read form other reviews that the polish chips in a coupe days without a good top coat, so a top coat is a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in So Much Fawn and I really like the color. It has a great brush (the same as the insta-dri), I do not know if it is really worth the price though. It is a good polish, but when compared to others around this price, like Essie, it is definitely not as good.