Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

3.5

Octinoxate 7.5%, Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (PVP Crosspolymer), Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Panthenol, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Urea, Trehalose, Polyquaternium 51, Soluble Collagen, Sodium Hyaluronate, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Mica [2011]

on 2/14/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

So I returned my Revlon Photo Ready today and got this instead. I opted for the shade Classic Ivory, even though Temptalia's foundation matrix recommended Nude (190) or Creamy Natural (200). Nude was out of stock and Creamy Natural looked too dark in the package. I wear about a NC20/Nars Deauville. This shade even seems a little dark but maybe I'm not used it to it yet. I will give it a few more wears but I think even Classic Ivory (150) might be too dark by a pinch.

I like the coverage this foundation affords. It doesn't seem to accentuate dry patches (I have winter dry skin in patches but no real oily spots). I didn't apply a moisturizer first or a primer.

I do find this feels a little slick and I would probably set with translucent powder when I try it out again. But first impression, a lot better than Photo Ready for dry skin. I can't speak to the transferring effect but it does feel a little fragile on my skin like if I wiped my browbone with my sleeve there would be a streak.

Overall, I generally avoid Maybelline (they test on animals) but this foundation seems pretty all right for the price. I thought the ball would be a gimmick but it's soft and decent at blending. I usually apply my MAC/Dior liquid with a MAC 188. This gave similar coverage without streaks. Light to moderate.

on 2/11/2012 9:44:00 AM

Well... This is embarrassing. This product is marketed to people with aging skin and that's not what I have. In fact I have combination skin so you would expect this product to totally break down in my t-zone, but it didn't, this actually lasts decently (esp. with powder on oily areas). I bought this because I mistook it for the concealer, which I really wanted because it got rave reviews and I have very dark circles. Stupid me. It didn't bother me though because I already loved this anyway and I still did once I used this all over my face.
First of all, this is like a thin liquid but someone it still has pigmentation, although I would call this light to medium coverage, because this is buildable. It evens out my skin tone, and kind of covers blemishes but I wouldn't rely on it to cover up serious imperfections, you'll need a concealer for that.. I love how natural it looks on my skin. It's been hard for me to find a foundation like this that doesn't look kind of fake and mask-like. I also really like the gimmicky sponge applicator. It's soft and does all the blending for you. I'm probably one of the only ones not scared of the germs that it could accumulate because the sponge is apparently anti-microbial and it can't be dirtier than your hands touching your face.
In terms of using under my eyes, the texture is just right for that area's dryness, although I'll probably end up purchasing the concealer because this does really help cover dark circles up but they're still visible.
Overall, I might repurchase for this feeling light, being natural looking, (although the color I purchased is a little dark for my winter skin) and still have medium coverage although the main feature of this foundation, the anti-aging properties, are pretty useless for me. This is a great foundation for everyday, but it's not enough coverage for special events, and I appreciate the built-in suncreen.
Update: This uses up really quickly, and is ridiculously expensive for the amount of product you get. I use this as a matte bronzer over liquid foundation, and despite people saying this feels greasy to me it feels moisturizing on my dry areas, but on my t-zone this does feel a little weird but I just set with powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love the finish, but It broke me out in areas of my face I don't normaly brake out.

on 2/10/2012 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my face...I don't love it. It's okay. As much as I love anything with dimethicone, it can look a little oily on my skin and strangely enhances lines I didn't know I had. It has surprisingly great coverage considering the product itself is very thin and fluid, much more so than Chanel foundations (love). I will try this again on my face since I may not have given it a fair shot BUT.......
I'll tell you what I do love this for and why I'll repurchase. In the winter when my skin is light, the sun damage on my chest is horribly visible (I only self tan in the summer now). My makeup artist friend always suggests using a bit of foundation on the chest if you have sun damage but I find most look like makeup and dry and it's one thing on your face to know someone is wearing foundation, on your chest...no one should know. This is the best! I've tried lots...this is the only one I use now. Because it's a dimethicone based product it doesn't look dry and if color matched correctly, it's invisible, it completely covers the redness on my chest which takes years off and lasts all day.ALL DAY! When first applied it may look like makeup and a bit red, just give it a minute or two to calm down (vascular area) and it settles right in and looks like great skin. It will tansfer, like most foundations, I just set lightly with Mac P+P transparent finishing powder or Guerlain Meteorites, anything lightweight and it's perfect. Highly recommend.
EDIT**After using Perfection Lumiere now for a while, I prefer that but this still works and I still use it on and off

on 2/3/2012 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been getting cocky with foundations lately, and after seeing youtube videos and reading some positive reviews here, I decided to take the plunge with this Age Rewind when I went to Target. My older face is always in need of some 'boosting', I thought my skin was winter dry, and the little sponge ball tickled my interest, so I figured this could be quite a nifty little foundation. And for the first few hours it was. Nice application with the sponge, decent coverage, and some gracious softening of fine lines. Yahoo, right? That's what I thought. But about 4 hrs in, its negative aspects kicked up, and when I looked in the mirror, saw something resembling a greasy, melting mess, with a strong pinkish hue (Classic Ivory). It reminded me of my teenage years, and not in a good way!
Maybe my skin isn't as dry as I thought, which might explain the greasy feel. Or maybe, this just doesn't work for me. None the less, it doesn't work, and since I bought it at Target, who-at least around here- doesn't like to refund on open cosmetics, I think we all know where this Age Rewind with its interesting little sponge ball, ended up. Plonk!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I thought I would adore this product - the application is really cool and I love the idea of it. But now I've had it in my stash for a few months... I recently picked it back up and oh no... it's not even noon yet today and my makeup has separated all over my face and I am greasy to the touch. This one will be joining forces with the trash can when I get home tonight. Blech.

on 1/31/2012 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I thought it was about time I tried an anti-aging foundation but will not be buying this one again, unfortunately. I agree with another reviewer in that the consistency was a little 'slimy'. It did not last and tended to slide off not long after wearing. By the end of the day it looked pretty patchy and all my blemishes were evident! The worst thing was the breakouts. I tend towards dry skin so thought this would be suitable but it was a complete oil slick (the product, not my skin). I liked the foam rubber applicator - good for precision but if the product got too close to my eyes (which it tended to as it melted), it irritated them. A thin consistency which may suit some but I needed quite a lot to cover blemishes. Had to discontinue use due to the eye irritation and break outs.

on 1/30/2012 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Got the eye rewind first and loved it so I thought I probly would like this but this has to be one of the worst I have come across, doesn't blend at all, sits in pores and fine lines, and has a weird slimmy fell to it, I tried this along with the primer and it just wasn't right. I took them back to the drug store, what a waste!

on 1/29/2012 4:21:00 AM

This has been my everyday foundation for a while now. I really do like it, but the packaging took me a while to figure out. I do like using the little sponge thingy on top. The foundation feels really light but it covers extremely well! Takes care of all my imperfections. The only thing bad is the staying power. If you put too much on, it will move like crazy! so go little by little and build up only when the layer under is DRY

on 1/22/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

to this product isnt to good well for me it leave my face to oily and its so caked on a my face and i only put a lil bit on so good luck if any one decides to use this it didnt worked for me