BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. NĀ° 04940/N

on 4/30/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was at the store looking for a good undereye concealer that was easy to apply, it matched my skin tone, and didn't crease. I was about to leave when I saw this. I figured this may help my concealer stay put and not crease. I tried it on the back of my hand and I found that it matched my skin tone perfectly. I let it set and it did not budge. I immediately fell in love with it because I tried it on my under eyes and it blended and matched so well! I actually decided to purchase it and use it as an undereye concealer. It even brightens my eyes. I have this in the medium/deep shade and I have medium skin tone. The more I use it the more I love it. I believe they changed the packaging because the one I have is not a pump as shown in the picture. Mine comes worth a wand applicator like a Lipgloss. Which I absolutely love because I get more control of how much product I put on and it a also makes it a lot less messy than a pump.

Now the CONS... even though I do love the wand applicator the downside to that is that I imagine that once I start running out, a lot of product will probably be left in the tube without me being able to get it out.
Another bad thing is that although i truly am crazy about this product, I wouldn't buy it as an eyeshadow primer which is what it really is intended for. It is an Ok eyeshadow primer but definitely not the best. And if in going to pay $26 for this I definitely want something that is more than just Ok.

I would buy this again because it works wonders as an undereye concealer for me. I LOVE it! :-)

on 4/27/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is awful. i've tried this for about two months now with no avail. maybe my eyelids are too oily for this stuff, but hey its a primer, thats what it's supposed to help with in the first place. with this stuff, my eyeshadow lasted no longer then it would without a primer. also, if you rub it in, wait a minute or so for it to dry, then rub it again, IT COMES OFF IN CLUMPS. it balls up and comes right off. thats how you know a product is cheaply made. i will not repurchase. also, this is a decent price for a primer, but i rated it as expensive because the price is deffinetly not worth if for the quality you get.

on 4/8/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this as a concealer around my eyes and nose, and it works great for that, helps my foundation stay on in those areas that usually melt off on my oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I received a pretty large sample of this primer and, having never used a shadow primer before I wasn't sure what to expect. I have since tried a few others and can say that this is *not* something I would buy again.

First impression: Comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator like a lip gloss which makes it easy to get the appropriate amount of product. The product itself is a neutral-to-warm toned buff/beige - not unlike a concealor for light-to-medium (warm) skin. For me, this means I have to be very careful not to get any primer anywhere I don't plan to cover with opaque shadow as the color looks orange on me (like a bad concealor job) and warms up the color of sheer shadows making them look wrong for my skin tone.

As far as functionality, this primer did make colors "pop" a bit and prevented my usual, almost immediate, creasing for a while. But I still noticed creases 2 or 3 hours into wear and any e/s I tried still faded at the same speed as with no primer.

I also noticed that when I used this daily for a week or so, my eyelids got really dry and a bit flaky.

Overall, not a great product IMHO. Especially considering there are far better products out there for far lower prices. It gets 2 lippies, only because it *may* work for someone with warmer toned skin and perhaps very oily eyelids.

on 3/29/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got plenty of samples of this and have used it quite a bit to try to make it work, but it's just not a good product. It does make your eyeshadows give more true to pan color, but it does not help the shadows stay at all. I used it a few times under my eyes as a concealer, which worked all right, and that's what I'd suggest it be used for. But as a primer it's a joke.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst eyeshadow primer I own. I have oily lids and this did nothing to stop my shadows from creasing. The pump pours way too much product and it smells so chemical-y. After you apply it you fingers/brush smells like soy sauce and so do your eyes! i only gave it another lippie for it's 'concealing' (neutralizes darkness/redness pretty well) properties.

I'd recommend this product only to people with dry lids and want to enhance weak eyeshadow.

on 3/28/2013 9:21:00 PM

I normally use MAC paint pots and really love them. But I ran out of mine and wanted to give something else a try. I guess I should have read reviews first. I was browsing in Ulta and was asking the makeup artist about UD Primer Potion which is what I intended to buy. I was actually going to get the trial size mini for $12. She told me the benefit Stay Don't Stray was a better product than UD and MAC paint pots. So I took her advice and got the Benefit product which was a huge mistake! The first day I noticed my eyelids looked oily and streaky after a couple hours (I don't even have oily skin!) but I wanted to give it a chance especially since it cost me $26 and I tried it a few more days with the same constant creasing. I'm so disappointed and disgusted with this stuff! I actually called Ulta today and asked could I bring it back. That's what I'm going to do, exchange for something else. Horrible product, would NOT recommend and will not repurchase. It's going back to the store!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Stay Don't Stray doesn't do anything at all. I have somewhat oily eyelids, so creasing is almost inevitable when I wear eyeshadow unless I wear primer or a good base. I decided to stray from my usual UDPP this one time because I got this for free and wanted to try it out.
It's supposed to be a primer for both eyeshadow and concealer, but I've only tried it under eyeshadow. First thing I noticed was that it's tinted. The shade is probably NC20 or something of the like, because I'm NC35 and it definitely shows. This isn't necessarily a problem for me, but WOC (women of color) may not like it.
The problem lies in that fact that this doesn't work at all. My eyeshadow was already creasing after two hours, and it usually doesn't crease until 3 hours after initial application (WITHOUT primer).
Not worth the $24. IMO the e.l.f Eyelid Primer is better and only costs $1 (seriously).
Would I purchase? No.

on 3/15/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have to say, I have a lot better luck with UD primers and Mac Paints. Although the color of this primer is beautiful, my eyeshadow creased after a few hours of wearing this.
I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/13/2013 10:11:00 PM

I want to love this product, I really do - but as an eye primer, it's a bust for me.

I love the consistency and that it's tinted, but after just an hour or so I end up with major shadow crease lines.

Video Reviews & Tutorials