November 23, 2014 | 2137 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by JubliantUvula

The only primer that works for me! This is a bit expensive ($26) but it is a dryer formula and works great! The pump is annoying and always give you too much, but it is well worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this primer to be very drying on my eyes, which is a first for me. I have tried other primers such as Too Faced, Urban Decay, and LORAC. Also, I did not like the applicator it came in since it is unsanitary and you can not control the amount of product that is dispensed. I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by EL2016

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in a kit with some other deluxe samples from either Ulta or Sephora, and I have to say that I loved it at first, but it expires so fast! I've had it 4-6 months, and it has separated into some sort of oily substance and pigment. It will not work anymore (I've tried mixing it and they will not mix) and I still have a ton of product left in the bottle. I'm dumbfounded that this product is $30 regularly. At that price, it should work flawlessly for a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this primer...does exactly what it should.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ruthmcfarlane

I really like this product! I originally bought it because I bought some Barry M looks eye shadow in a really dark blue, and it just fell all down my face every time I went to use it. If I put this on beforehand, my eyeshadow doesn't make a mess of my newly made-up face, and it tends to stay on for much longer. Eventually, yes, I begin to get slight creases on my eyelids and my eyeshadow fades, but I have very oily eyelids and surrounding eye area, so I don't really expect any product to 100% combat that (although if anyone knows of one then please tell me!). The original colour is quite a good match for my skin colour anyway so it's handy as a concealer for red patches/dark circles. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the pump squirts out far too much product, no matter how lightly I press it. It's quite expensive, so I don't really like wasting the majority of what comes out, but it's just too much to use in any form unfortunately. Other than that, it's one of my favourite products and I use it most days - I always notice a difference if I forget to!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a free sample from my loose button subscription. I'm actually still using it at the moment. My verdict...The product seems a bit watery for my liking. there are times when it stings my eyelids and times when it doesn't. My eyeshadow and eyeliner application goes on a bit smoother as promised but the guarantee of having no eyeshadow creases wasn't there. After a few hours, my eyelids were obviously oily and the eyeshadow creases were evident. Good thing I got this as a free sample just because I'd be disappointed spending around $30 on this product. Benefit's products are usually a hit or miss for me, and this was definitely a miss. I can only compare it to smashbox's photo lid primer and I'd rather go for smashbox's than this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I originally tried this when it was only available in one color. That color was too light for me, so I never had the chance to see how effective it was as a primer. When Benefit released this in a darker color, I ran out to get it. The color is perfect, I really loved the idea of a color correcting primer. However, this product is total crap.

When I first used it, I smeared it on like I would UDPP. Then I put my shadow over it. It did not work well at all. I figured it was my fault. I read the instructions carefully and followed them to the letter. I applied the 3 dots and blended. I mades sure to let it set before applying the shadow. The results were that the creasing didn't start quite as early. Still, I had minor creasing after 5 hours and significant creasing after about 7 hours. Overall, this was crap. It's really expensive too. At $26, the needs to do what is is designed to do.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

Ok first off I have tried A LOT of primers from high end to low end and this by far is one of the worst.
This is why I rated it so low:

1. It is very watery and dries very fast but leaves nothing for your shadow to really "stick" to
2. It does NOT help with creasing if you have oily lids like I do. It just SLIDES right off.
3. For the price, it just isn't worth it. My makeup was completely creased and awful looking in about 2 hours and I didn't go anywhere. I just hung out in my house, didn't sweat, didn't have any weather interference and it still slid off just watching TV ..BOOOO
4. There are just so many better products out there that this just isn't worth my time. UD primer potion, MAC paint pots, NYX shadow bases, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer (my HG), Too Faced Shadow Insurance...all of these surpass this in quality and reliability. Heck I even like the hard candy primer better and you can get that at Walmart for a couple bucks.

This is a HARD pass. I am glad I only got a deluxe sample of this because I would never buy the full size in its current formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to try this because of the low reviews, but when I finally did, I loved it! It doesn't crease, makes shadows last, covers up really really well, and because you only need a tiny bit, will last forever. I also used it on the redness on my face (I figured since it's gentle enough to use on the eyes, it should be ok on the face) and it's the only thing I've tried that keeps the redness away, all day.

If anyone has had any experience using this on the face, I'd love to hear about it because NOTHING covers my rosacea except this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by AlPi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. Already on my second bottle of it. It is a bit pricey, so I only buy it when I collect points on my optimum card. Despite me having crazy oily skin, this actually works. Just use a small amount thoguh because too much actually makes your shadows crease. I also use this under my eyes to help my concealor stay and not crease and that is why I love this product. I'd give it better ratings if the price was more university student friendly.