April 20, 2014 | 1621 users online

Eye Primer - BeneFit Cosmetics - Stay Don't Stray

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by damuko

I bought a few of the special sets of minis that benefit always offers (they're always a great deal!), and this came in a few. It's a deluxe sample size that comes in a tiny little tube with a doe foot applicator so I can't comment too much on the full size packaging, although I have tried it out at the store, and it was very difficult to control.

The product itself isn't great. It helps a little bit, but it doesn't make my shadows much brighter, and I don't notice any difference in the wear time of my eye makeup. I definitely won't be repurchasing - it's way too expensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got a sample of this and really like it a lot. I love that it does a fair job at concealing my under eye circles as well as being a primer. I had problems with it creasing on the top lids too, but I reduced the amount I used (only 2 little dots instead of the recommended 3) and corrected my mistake of dabbing it on the lid. Since I've been putting 2 dabs above the crease and blending it all over, I haven't had any issues.

I agree with others that the doe foot applicator is better than the pump in the full size version. After looking at both bottles, I'm planning to wash out the sample bottle when it's empty (as well as the applicator) and then pump some from the normal size bottle into it so that I can continue to use the doe foot. This will also make it ideal for the next time I'm travelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by bbleu7856

This is a staple in my makeup bag! It is very expensive though. :( But because I really like the way it works, I am willing to splurge. I use it as an eyeshadow primer and concealer, and absolutely love it! My sister loves this as well. The trick to using it as an eyeshadow primer is to not use too much. If it's creasing, then you've probably used too much. Less is more when it's used for the shadow primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Jorid

I only expect one thing for an eyeshadow primer: for it to keep my eyeshadow in place for a reasonable amout of time. With this primer I'm worse off than if I didn't use a primer at all. My eyelids are now a complete crease and grease fest, and I'm glad I used a neutral eyeshadow. Primer fail!

I'm happy I only got a really small product (2.5 ml, from a kit), but it's still a waste of money.

I'll give it a shot as a primer for concealer, even though I don't really feel the need for a product like that and I don' have any hopes for this to do any good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product, but I only use it as a concealer and not an eyeshadow primer (that's what UDPP is for, in my case). I dot it under my eyes and it makes a wonderful, lightweight concealer for dark circles (admittedly they're not terrible circles, just enough that I want to cover them up). I've also used it to cover up small pimples. I do have to set it with powder, or it will crease, but once it's set, it will not budge at all. It's the best concealer I've used for under my eyes.
The doe foot applicator of the sample size is perfect, so if you have issues with the pump that comes with the full size, you can buy samples off Amazon. I used up a sample of this in a few months, using it every day, so it lasts a good while.
I'd buy this again and recommend it to people who want a base for their existing concealer, or those who want a lightweight, medium-coverage liquid concealer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Stay Don't Stray is a dual action eye primer that works "360 around the eyes to make concealers and eyeshadows stay put. Concealers don't crease, eyeshadows stay vibrant and true..you'll wonder how you ever lived without it". This all over eye primer comes in a "neutral nude shade that is universally flattering". The formula contains good stuff like Vitamins C&E t combat signs of aging and sodium hyaluronate to hydrate and fill fine lines. I got a very tiny 2.5ml (.08 fl oz) sample in the Ulta-Mate Sexy Six kit. The full sized 10ml (.33 fl oz) retails for a very pricey $26. That's a pretty big price tag for an eyeshadow primer, even by high end standards. For reference, Too Faced Shadow Insurance sells for $18, Urban Decay's Primer Potion goes for $20, and Nars Smudge Proof is $24. Talk about over priced. This was actually the product I was least excited to try out of the six included in the value pack, just because I'm already pleased with the two eyeshadow primers I have. Benefit does not test on animals and offers a lot of information on their animal testing policy on their website. This eyeshadow primer was made in Canada. Benefit products can be bought online at the brand's website, in Sephora and Ulta and their respective websites, and at department store cosmetic counters.
This little sample is so cute. It's like American Girl sized, barely two inches tall! The beige plastic tube has the word "Stay" printed all over it. I actually didn't notice that until I was really examining the product for review, I'd previously thought it was just a weird splotchy print. Oops. On the front of this tiny tube is the name of the product and the Benefit logo, in black. Some directions and company info can be found on the back of the tube in English and Spanish. Twisting off the little black cap reveals a small doe foot applicator, no different from that one that's included with most eye primers. The full size of Stay Don't Stray has entirely different packaging. For one it has an "airless pump that's sooo easy to use". I don't think the additional o's were necessary, Benefit. It's just a pump, settle down. The full size also has a little diagram on the front showing where to apply Stay Don't Stay. Meh, I'm find with the doe foot applicator, eye primers don't need to have cute packaging in my opinion.
Stay Don't Stay is a light, neutral beige primer. It blends out effortlessly, resulting in an opaque but nearly colorless finish. There is enough coverage to cancel out any veins you may have on your eyelid, but it's not enough to work as an under eye concealer, just as a primer for one. I don't think this primer actually fills under eye fine lines, not that I really have any. Benefit suggests applying six dots of this product, three on the eyelid, three on the under eye, and really that's exactly how much product you need.
I honestly can't give very much insight on how this product works as a primer for under eye concealing. I never have issues with the wear of my concealer in that area. Benefit's primer doesn't harm or enhance my concealers wear or application. Stay Don't Stray is a decent eyeshadow primer if you have drier lids. It causes shadows to go on smoothly and best of all it really enhances the color of any eyeshadow applied over it. Unfortunately Stay Don't Stray doesn't really prevent creasing. Technically Benefit doesn't claim that it will, but as and eyeshadow primer, it should. Without a primer, eyeshadow tends to crease on me after roughly 4 hours, with Stay Don't Stray I get about six creaseless hours. Oh, one bonus? That extra color intensity lasts all day, there's little to no fading when I use this primer.
Sorry Benefit, I think I'm going to stick to ELF's Eyelid Primer and save myself $25. I don't think Benefit's concealer/eyeshadow primer is effective enough to justify the very high price tag. Even Nars' primer is cheaper, which is kinda ridiculous. I love the way it intensifies the color of shadows, but it isn't very effective at preventing creasing as I need it to be. I also don't require it's concealer priming. Packaging is cute, mainly because it's so itsy bitsy. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep this little primer sample or swap it away. I'll likely finish it off. Its not a bad primer, it's just not that great either. I don't recommend Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer, there are much more affordable, better quality eye primers on the market from drugstore and high end brands.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

While this product did create an even base and did make my eyeshadow pop, it did crease within a few hours. I'm not saying that it's total crap as I do have very oily skin and can see this working on someone who doesn't have problems with eyeshadow creasing. But for me this did not work and am happy I tried a sample before purchasing as it is expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Jkovar

I've been using this product on the regular for about a year now. The tube runs out and I run to the store for another. So many people are complaining about the pump squirting out too much product.. Here's my suggestion: FIGURE IT OUT. Don't push the entire way down, push/tap gently.. it's not that hard. Once you have that down you'll only be using what you need and that will bring you the results you're hoping for. Not only do I use this for its intentional purpose (eyelid/under-eye primer) but it's the perfect blemish concealer. Maybe I'm just lucky that the tint of this product matches my exact skin tone, but it covers any imperfections flawlessly without a thick caky finish that I sometimes see with Mac concealers. It's so light on my skin and blends right in covering imperfections while looking natural. PLUS it doesn't break me out. ummm love?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Regy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wish I could select 'hell no' in the 'Would you buy this product again?' box.Not only isn't it anything special, but it also leaves an oily residue,once you've had it on for a couple of hours, even when well powdered.I've never before come across a primer that needs to be primed before put on.Also the tube-packaging of the product gets all messy and after a few uses it gets stuck.It was an absolute waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by GreenGables

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a decent primer but t can't touch Urban Decay Primer Potion. It keeps shadow in place a lot longer than without primer but it's just kind of a ho hum product. I wouldn't discourage someone from purchasing it but I would recommend others first.