April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still a teen, so I didn't exactly buy this product for the "age rewinding" aspect; I can't really comment on that. I noticed that most reviewers found that they liked this product, so I bought it. This definitely helps my foundation stay on longer, and it smooths out my face. I should mention that I have really bad skin, and I've had acne for a really long time. This product filled in large pores and hid scars, and I did find that my foundation looked more natural and it stayed on my face longer. It helps keep my skin looking flawless all day, and I must say, this is a great surprise. I haven't had nicer looking skin for over 5 years, and not only did this save me the trouble of midday touch-ups, but it actually made me feel much better about the way I see myself. So thank you, Maybelline, for this great product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by alyak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disapointed with this product. I wanted to get a primer that wasn't too expensive because I don't like to waste money. I did waste money on this stuff. It doesn't do anything for my concealer at all. It didn't do anything. The only thing it did do was make my blush last a little longer. I guess I'll just have to find another primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Xochilt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly i find this product very greasy on my face like if im putting vaseline all over my face and it doesnt seem to diminish any lines in your face like it says. I dont like it and recommend not buying this product. I got it because i saw some good reviews on here but i was dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally don't really use primer on my face (I have a few light discolorations on the underneath of my chin, and I need the tiniest amount so that my concealer will set nicely,) and since I hardly use any primer, I find that primer will last me forever, and don't have any qualms about spending $$$ on something that lasts forever, however, while I have found some excellent primers (Lancome's La Base Pro, Guerlain's L'OR Radiance, MAC's Prep and Prime with SPF and the one from YSL which is also excellent and well reviewed here at MUA,) I read the reviews here regarding Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Primer and purchased it after I found it on sale and the reviews are correct ....... this is a good primer ....... regardless if my face is normal or dry (when I do a peel) it works nicely (but not the best) ........ it does not make my chin oily nor does it make my concealer ever look cakey (but does cause a little irritation, so therefore I cannot use it long-term) ....... this primer goes on smooth and makes the spots where I add concealer look natural. This primer is worth the normal $11.99 it retails at and its even better when it goes on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by abbyquack

I bought this primer A) due to the great reviews and B) it resembles the formula of my all-time favorite (yet expensive) primer, Tarte Clean Slate. Although it does indeed cost less and look just like Tarte's primer, in no way does it last as long! I get oilies almost instantly after wearing this primer. My foundation applies smoothly and evenly, but does not last, and that long-lasting foundation is my biggest priority.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Ilse333

This is probably a fantastic primer for dry skin. For a drugstore primer (which just isn't an area I feel d/s brands have mastered yet) it's definitely quite impressive and a great bargain. However - it's just too greasy for my combo skin. I can't even say it made me shiny, it made me outright oily-looking. To the point where I felt like any makeup on top of it was just waiting to be smeared around.

For the record, my favorite primers are Lancome la Base Pro and Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl. Which are both noted for their softening properties and kindness to aging compexions, so it's not as if I can't handle emollient primers. Apparently my snobbish skin just balked at wearing this drugstore one!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CyanideJoyride

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's so-so. Kinda dries out my skin, but other than that it's pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2010 1:29:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did not help with concealer at all. Made it separate within minutes after trying many different times and different methods. The stearyl heptonoate is oil and would be to blame. Seriously regret buying anything from maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A good drugstore option for a primer- when I wear liquid foundation it's really helpful to apply this underneath. It has a pink tint that confused me, but appears to have no actual purpose/effect. If your skin is fine with silicones, I would say to go for it if you're wanting the smoother application/longer finish effect.

*Edit: I took off two lippies because I don't think it does much to prevent shine and I've stopped bothering with this step. Once in a while I'll wear it if I'm going out and wearing full liquid, but too much for everyday. I'd prefer to use something with SPF/moisturization as a primer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:08:00 PM More reviews by simpliciity

I bought this primer because i was running out. This primer is a lot cheaper then the ones i previously purchased I got it for 11.99 when it was on sale. I have dry sensitive skin and this primer does the job it doesn't leave my skin with dry patches when i put my concealer on. The packaging said that theres a subtle pink tint in it but i didn't notice any at all. Um it says that skin looks transformed and smooth, yes i did see a difference it was really easy to apply my makeup. Lines, Wrinkles, pores and imperfections vanish in one step, well i gotta say it did hide my pores and most of my imperfections, lines and wrinkles i dont have any yet so ill keep that in mind.
The only think i dont like about this product is that its a squeeze bottle and not a pump bottle because mostly i tend to squeeze out more then i need. But overall i would recommend this especially to people with dry skin.