Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

3.6

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisestearate, May contain: Cl 73360 Red, Cl 77492 Iron Oxides [May 13, 2010] SILICONE CITY

on 3/9/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The primer looked pretty good when I would first put it on, but at the end of the day my face would look oily and greasy. Also, it might have been just me, but I thought my face and makeup looked a little orange after a few hours.

I spoke too soon... this stuff turns my ivory foundations orange! Buy this stuff if you wanna look like an oomp loompa!

on 2/18/2011 3:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Went shopping saw this primer and picked it up with a couple of other primers and i bought some extras..If i didnt like it i was going to put the extras on my swap list..but i tried it and i like it...When i bought it and it said pink glow to your face i was all excited thinking that would look nice!!! Well the liquid is pink when you look threw the tube near the cap but when i put it on there is no Pink Glow?? I dont know f it does not show uup or if it is just the bottle i have!!! I am hoping when i run out of this bottle and use another one i got im hoping the pink glow will show up:) I LOVE MAYBELLINE products and they did good with the primer

on 2/5/2011 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this primer! I have extremely dry skin and this primer works great, no more dry spots show on my face, my makeup stays on All day long , I will purchase this product again.

on 1/7/2011 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was my first primer, but it didn't live up to my expectations. At first it really does mattify your skin and it helps your foundation and concealer look perfect after application. But it doesn't really last long at all, and it just looks like I didn't even use the primer at all at. By the end of the day, I honestly cannot tell if I even used it or not.

I guess it's only truly effective if you're only going to be out for few hours and not all day like me.

on 1/6/2011 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the first primer I have ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I saw it advertised in a magazine somewhere along the way and it seemed interesting. Of course I did some research here before I purchased. It came pretty highly recommended so I decided to give it a shot. I like it so much that I've already bought a back-up tube. I notice just the slightest of a pink hue, which I really like since I'm pretty pale. The biggest reason I decided to try this was because the makeup around my nose is always rubbing off from blowing my nose frequently throughout the day (I live in Chicago and it's freezing here right now!) and I thought this primer would help it stay put better and longer. It does. A little does go a long way and it makes my skin feel so silky. I use the Beauty Blender sponge to apply Cover Girl with Olay cream foundation and it goes on beautifully over this primer.

on 1/6/2011 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I have been through 2 tubes of this and it did take me a few trial runs to figure out how much to use. If your face is greasy and oily after applying, YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH! Just a tiny bit goes a LONG way. And you do need to wait a few minutes for it to dry/set before applying foundation or it will just slide around and feel greasy. I think I have finally perfected my makeup and all of it is drug store brands. Have had mixed success with high-end premium brands. I put some photos up on Facebook and was blown away by the positive comments. People thought the photos were stunning and that I had professional makeup and photos taken. Nope, just a point and shoot camera standing in my bathroom :-) This product gives my face a soft matte finish, so similar to magazine photos. I'm hooked!

on 1/1/2011 5:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

For a person who wears makeup on occasions, this has a sufficient quantity since you only need a tiny dab of it for your entire face. It does make your skin feel smoother, and make up seems to last longer.

However, I am suspicious that this broke me out more in certain areas.

on 12/29/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 3 ($12.99-13.99 Canadian)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first primer I've ever tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to. However, I really do like what it does and how it extends the wear of my makeup!

The Product:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer is a silicone-based gel that has a matte finish. It has great slip, and just a pea sized amount is sufficient to even out the skin texture and fill in any pores on the skin. I found that it helps prevent the oily, greasy face that I tend to get throughout the day (I have combination/oily skin), so that ultimately helps extend the wear of my makeup. The packaging says that it has a subtle pink tint for a youthful glow, but for all intents and purposes: it's clear.

The Packaging:

Comes in an opaque pink tube with a screw off cap. I would have preferred a clear tube and a flip cap... but oh well. It's 25 mL (0.85 oz) for about $13, depending on where you get it from. It's the cheapest primer I've found thus far, compared to Smashbox and Lise Watier. I tried to find the Monistat anti-chafing gel everyone talks about, but I don't think they sell it in Canada! :(

Use:

I found it very easy to use. I like tube packaging because I can squeeze out every last bit, and I can control the amount coming out. With pump packages I always worry that product will be uncontrolled and shoot out halfway across the room, or that it won't get every last bit in the jar. I don't like open jars (L'Oreal Studio Secrets Base) because even if I wash my hands, I don't like having the product exposed to air... so the tube packaging is the most travel-friendly, hygienic option.

When I used it for the first time, I noticed that my foundation (loose powder minerals) buffed on really easily, and it had this really soft-focus look to it when I was done. It just looked really soft and pretty! I wore it for a good 10 hours at a dinner gathering and then hanging out, and I blotted just once with very little oil breakthrough. I wore it again today; went shopping and had a heavy duty nap, and when I woke up (6 hours after I put it on)I was glowy, but not oily (there is a difference!). I would highly recommend using as little as possible, because if you use too much, your body heat will cause it to melt and your makeup to run off your face.

Overall:

I liked the product. It's very simple, doesn't promise outrageous things. It's still overpriced for what it is, but I'm happy that my first primer experience was good!

on 12/6/2010 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm still a teen, so I didn't exactly buy this product for the "age rewinding" aspect; I can't really comment on that. I noticed that most reviewers found that they liked this product, so I bought it. This definitely helps my foundation stay on longer, and it smooths out my face. I should mention that I have really bad skin, and I've had acne for a really long time. This product filled in large pores and hid scars, and I did find that my foundation looked more natural and it stayed on my face longer. It helps keep my skin looking flawless all day, and I must say, this is a great surprise. I haven't had nicer looking skin for over 5 years, and not only did this save me the trouble of midday touch-ups, but it actually made me feel much better about the way I see myself. So thank you, Maybelline, for this great product. :)

Popular Primer/ Correctors