November 27, 2014 | 1166 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by celenis

This product was my first primer, but it didn't live up to my expectations. At first it really does mattify your skin and it helps your foundation and concealer look perfect after application. But it doesn't really last long at all, and it just looks like I didn't even use the primer at all at. By the end of the day, I honestly cannot tell if I even used it or not.

I guess it's only truly effective if you're only going to be out for few hours and not all day like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by schaller2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I have ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. But I saw it advertised in a magazine somewhere along the way and it seemed interesting. Of course I did some research here before I purchased. It came pretty highly recommended so I decided to give it a shot. I like it so much that I've already bought a back-up tube. I notice just the slightest of a pink hue, which I really like since I'm pretty pale. The biggest reason I decided to try this was because the makeup around my nose is always rubbing off from blowing my nose frequently throughout the day (I live in Chicago and it's freezing here right now!) and I thought this primer would help it stay put better and longer. It does. A little does go a long way and it makes my skin feel so silky. I use the Beauty Blender sponge to apply Cover Girl with Olay cream foundation and it goes on beautifully over this primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been through 2 tubes of this and it did take me a few trial runs to figure out how much to use. If your face is greasy and oily after applying, YOU ARE USING TOO MUCH! Just a tiny bit goes a LONG way. And you do need to wait a few minutes for it to dry/set before applying foundation or it will just slide around and feel greasy. I think I have finally perfected my makeup and all of it is drug store brands. Have had mixed success with high-end premium brands. I put some photos up on Facebook and was blown away by the positive comments. People thought the photos were stunning and that I had professional makeup and photos taken. Nope, just a point and shoot camera standing in my bathroom :-) This product gives my face a soft matte finish, so similar to magazine photos. I'm hooked!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For a person who wears makeup on occasions, this has a sufficient quantity since you only need a tiny dab of it for your entire face. It does make your skin feel smoother, and make up seems to last longer.

However, I am suspicious that this broke me out more in certain areas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3 ($12.99-13.99 Canadian)

Packaging: 3

Buy again: yes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the first primer I've ever tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to. However, I really do like what it does and how it extends the wear of my makeup!

The Product:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Primer Skin Transformer is a silicone-based gel that has a matte finish. It has great slip, and just a pea sized amount is sufficient to even out the skin texture and fill in any pores on the skin. I found that it helps prevent the oily, greasy face that I tend to get throughout the day (I have combination/oily skin), so that ultimately helps extend the wear of my makeup. The packaging says that it has a subtle pink tint for a youthful glow, but for all intents and purposes: it's clear.

The Packaging:

Comes in an opaque pink tube with a screw off cap. I would have preferred a clear tube and a flip cap... but oh well. It's 25 mL (0.85 oz) for about $13, depending on where you get it from. It's the cheapest primer I've found thus far, compared to Smashbox and Lise Watier. I tried to find the Monistat anti-chafing gel everyone talks about, but I don't think they sell it in Canada! :(

Use:

I found it very easy to use. I like tube packaging because I can squeeze out every last bit, and I can control the amount coming out. With pump packages I always worry that product will be uncontrolled and shoot out halfway across the room, or that it won't get every last bit in the jar. I don't like open jars (L'Oreal Studio Secrets Base) because even if I wash my hands, I don't like having the product exposed to air... so the tube packaging is the most travel-friendly, hygienic option.

When I used it for the first time, I noticed that my foundation (loose powder minerals) buffed on really easily, and it had this really soft-focus look to it when I was done. It just looked really soft and pretty! I wore it for a good 10 hours at a dinner gathering and then hanging out, and I blotted just once with very little oil breakthrough. I wore it again today; went shopping and had a heavy duty nap, and when I woke up (6 hours after I put it on)I was glowy, but not oily (there is a difference!). I would highly recommend using as little as possible, because if you use too much, your body heat will cause it to melt and your makeup to run off your face.

Overall:

I liked the product. It's very simple, doesn't promise outrageous things. It's still overpriced for what it is, but I'm happy that my first primer experience was good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm still a teen, so I didn't exactly buy this product for the "age rewinding" aspect; I can't really comment on that. I noticed that most reviewers found that they liked this product, so I bought it. This definitely helps my foundation stay on longer, and it smooths out my face. I should mention that I have really bad skin, and I've had acne for a really long time. This product filled in large pores and hid scars, and I did find that my foundation looked more natural and it stayed on my face longer. It helps keep my skin looking flawless all day, and I must say, this is a great surprise. I haven't had nicer looking skin for over 5 years, and not only did this save me the trouble of midday touch-ups, but it actually made me feel much better about the way I see myself. So thank you, Maybelline, for this great product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by alyak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really disapointed with this product. I wanted to get a primer that wasn't too expensive because I don't like to waste money. I did waste money on this stuff. It doesn't do anything for my concealer at all. It didn't do anything. The only thing it did do was make my blush last a little longer. I guess I'll just have to find another primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Xochilt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly i find this product very greasy on my face like if im putting vaseline all over my face and it doesnt seem to diminish any lines in your face like it says. I dont like it and recommend not buying this product. I got it because i saw some good reviews on here but i was dissapointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I generally don't really use primer on my face (I have a few light discolorations on the underneath of my chin, and I need the tiniest amount so that my concealer will set nicely,) and since I hardly use any primer, I find that primer will last me forever, and don't have any qualms about spending $$$ on something that lasts forever, however, while I have found some excellent primers (Lancome's La Base Pro, Guerlain's L'OR Radiance, MAC's Prep and Prime with SPF and the one from YSL which is also excellent and well reviewed here at MUA,) I read the reviews here regarding Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Primer and purchased it after I found it on sale and the reviews are correct ....... this is a good primer ....... regardless if my face is normal or dry (when I do a peel) it works nicely (but not the best) ........ it does not make my chin oily nor does it make my concealer ever look cakey (but does cause a little irritation, so therefore I cannot use it long-term) ....... this primer goes on smooth and makes the spots where I add concealer look natural. This primer is worth the normal $11.99 it retails at and its even better when it goes on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by abbyquack

I bought this primer A) due to the great reviews and B) it resembles the formula of my all-time favorite (yet expensive) primer, Tarte Clean Slate. Although it does indeed cost less and look just like Tarte's primer, in no way does it last as long! I get oilies almost instantly after wearing this primer. My foundation applies smoothly and evenly, but does not last, and that long-lasting foundation is my biggest priority.