October 23, 2014 | 1253 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Min90

I have only had it for about a week and I find the brush really weird to use, just can't get the hang of it. I do like it, however I don't love it. I'm hoping once I get used to the brush I will be able to get the best results (and monies worth) from it. I also noted the formula feels really liquidy; more so than anything else I have used before - so it takes ages to dry. I like the colour (very deep black), and it does lengthen my lashes - although there is so much clumping. I will update in a couple of weeks if there is improvement.
UPDATE: I do not like this mascara. No matter how I apply it to my lashes they will come out all stuck together in huge clumps (and I even tried scraping off ALL the product from the brush before applying). The only thing I liked was the packaging. Such poor results from such an expensive product... I DO NOT recommend buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by simbim

Being a Mascara fanatic, i have tried a variety of mascaras, Maybelline XXL, YSL, Perscriptives, Rimmel Falsies, Givenchy, Estee Lauder etc. etc. However i must say that I LOVE this mascara! If you want voluminous, long, and amazing eyelashes, you need this mascara! I've used a couple of different Dior mascaras in the past, and this one surpasses them all by far. This mascara also lasts a long time and doesn't dry out nor flake (which i found to be a problem with Diorshow Blackout). Another great thing about it is that you can layer it easily for an intense look. The only downside to this mascara might be that the applicator brush is a little on the big side; however, it works fine for me because i have big eyes :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

HG Mascara right here. I love the original DiorShow, but this is just so much better. Its like the perfect mascara for length and volume. I purchased this in black, and while its not waterproof, it lasts all day without smudging or flaking. I have relatively full lashes that stick straight out and are kinda spread out. So when looking for a mascara I look for something that adds plenty of volume and holds curl well. This is perfect for that, I didn't even have to curl my lashes because when I apply, the brush curls my lashes :). However, be careful when applying because the brush picks up so much product and can make application messy. Earlier today I had DiorShow Extase on one eye and had the NARS SA in Barneys try out the NARS mascara on me and wow, what a difference, this mascara blows that one away! However, NARS isn't the only mascara, this basically defeats any mascara I've tried. I went from plain unnoticable lashes to "wow are those real?" :). WIll buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by fairyaz

This is my new favorite mascara alongside Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara. I think I like this one better than the Lauder mascara because it goes on a bit thicker and gives my lashes a bit more of a full, dramatic look. I have naturally long lashes that have a decent curl to them, but I am fair and need mascara to give my eyes some depth and definition, and this mascara does the trick! It does not flake and does not run too easily (an issue I had with the Diorshow mascara when I go straight to yoga class after work). I don't like waterproof mascara because it tends to irritate my eyes, so it is important to me that my non-waterproof mascara has staying power and won't make me look like a total racoon with a little bit of moisture from tears or sweat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i bought this about five months ago, and its no were near drying out!
I payed about 38 bucks for it, and for a teenager thats not cheap!! I have it in the darkest black, and I canot recomend this more!! I LOVE it!
Im a fan of long/ SLIGHTLY clumpy lashes, and this gives me the best look! I always have people telling me that my eyes look beautiful ;) I put on 2 or 3 coats on every day. I know its alot, But i prefer the more dramatic look for my lashes. it does smell like beer to me, and thats a SLIGHT put off, But i love this mascara so much thats not going to stop me! if you dont mind the price, then id for sure buy! its one of my top 5 go to makeup items!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in brown (LE for summer 2011), and I can't rave about it enough. I use just a little bit for everyday, but you can really really ramp it up for night. Defines really well, and lengthens+ volumizes really nicely, which it should for how expensive it is. Haven't had any problems with it moving/flaking or clumping, and was easy enough to put on bottom lashes; although my lashes got soooo long that it got on my brow bone (can't complain about that though!) Two thumbs up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Rayna007

I bought Extase in Plum (LE as far as I know) since I have been on a hunt for a good plum mascara.
The formula is about the same as regular Extase which is definitely a plus. Lashes are fuller and longer, and I had no issues with clumping or flaking. Extase is a thicker formula so it does take a little longer to dry down but I was already used to that. Once dry, I had no issues with the pigment falling onto my lower lid throughout the day.

In the tube it has a beautiful vibrant plum colour. On the lashes however it basically just looks black. I tried it alone and over various primers with the same result. Because I already love the original I'll keep using this up but it's definitely not the plum I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I asked the SA to recommend me a Diorshow that would give me va va voom lashes and she reached out for this one. I was a little sceptical because of the brush but the results are impressive. Lengthens, thickens, curls and probably the only mascara I've ever encountered where the curl retains its shape even past 12 hours. Fantastic. I can't compare to the original Diorshow because it was more than 7 years ago since I tried it but it's definitely better than Diorshow Iconic because this does a good job of lengthening too. My only complaint aside from the high price is that the brush tends to pick up a lot of excess so you'd really have remove the extra globs lest you end up with clumped out lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by katjamiau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I like this mascara a lot! Its better then Diorshow definately!!! I might buy it again, I'm always on the search for a better mascara but this one is really nice. It gives me lenght and volume :) When it smudges during putting on its quite difficult to take it off, it stays on very well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Yes, it does give length, it does give volume, but it's oh so clumpy on me, especially if I apply more than one coat. Good point - it doesn't flake. Perhaps a bad batch or something but not going to re-purchase. There are much better mascaras out there. Hypnose by Lancome to name but one. UPDATE this mascara gets so much better after a month or two! It creates fantastic full long lashes! I am definitely going to re-purchase!