BeneFit Cosmetics Sugarbomb

on 5/9/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

To be frank, I really wanted to get Dandelion from Benefit Cosmetics but when I tested Sugarbomb and Dandelion at Sephora, I instantly fell in love with this sugar rush flush blush! (: This one has a lot of gold shimmers which is perfect for warm tones. (I'm Asian, NC20) since it's a four-colors-in-one-box type, you can easily create a unique color, mixing only the two rose colors, etc. (it suits for all looks!) A must have!

The cons would be: 12g-$28 (too much! I would rather buy one that's about 5g and pay less) the brush, etc.

lately, i've been really enjoying blushes that give off a healthy glow rather than looking like i have straight up blush on. This does just that. It's a sheer peachy-pink color with shimmer in it. i swirl my Mac 168 brush in it and apply to the cheeks working it back and up towards the temple. i love the healthy look it gives. my skin is about an nc25, and this shows up quite subtly. I probably wouldn't recommend for dark skintones since it is quite sheer. Not sure if it is buildable, but it might be too shimmery if built up to work for a dark skintone. for my light skin, this is perfect, natural, and not too shimmery.
i've been using this practically every day this week and that is quite rare for me. It seems to last well throughout the day too.

on 5/7/2011 10:22:00 AM

I really loved this product from the first moment i tryed it on.. when the sales girl put it on my cheeks it was instant love.. i have a fair skin and i really enjoyed the way it compliments my face.. i wouldn't repurchase it 'cuz it's not really that cheep, and i usually like to try new products until i'll find THE ONE :).. all in all.. i really like it and i've been using it ever since i bought it..

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is absolutely a gorgeous blush. the moment i put it on my cheek, i was wowed. i wore it to nap for a couple hours, and i woke up still having glowy cheek colors. i also love the scent of this. it is gonna be a staple product in my makeup collection.

on 4/19/2011 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is blush has a nice peachy-pink glow, lasts all day for me. I like the packaging... but it's awkward and you definitely can't travel with it. It's just too blocky. I actually like the flat brush that it comes with because this isn't a streaky blush, it's quite easy to blend. Note though, it isn't the most pigmented thing out there~ it's definitely something to illuminate your face with. I got it for free from doing a SDM survey and despite my affection for it, for 24CAD, I would not buy it again.

on 4/11/2011 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Havenít used Sugarbomb much since I bought it. Used it the other night with a smokey eye look and it was PERFECT for that. Some others have mentioned that itís not very pigmented, which is true, and also why I think it worked so well with a smokey eye look. It makes a very good highlighter or subtle blush.

on 3/16/2011 10:57:00 PM

One of my go-to blushes. It gives my skin a gorgeous flush. Plus, it has four different colors in it, which means you can customize you sugar-rush flush. I got this on my birthday, so every time I smell it it brings back good memories. It might be a bit pricy, but to me its worth it and I will definitely repurchase.

GPD

on 3/15/2011 2:47:00 PM

The Benefit blushers have always intrigued me, but I just hate the cardboard box packaging! Itís just so darn bulky and seems cheap. This is my first Benefit blusher and itís just absolutely adorable, though the box just looks kinda small. At any rate, I wasnít so sure at first, because a lot of the previous reviews said that it doesnít show up or is more like a highlighter on their NC25/NC30 skin tone (which is about my skin tone). But I was in the mood to spend and figured Iíd finally splurge. I tested it on my hand and yes it is a really sheer peachy golden shade, vaguely reminds me of UD X e/s, however when I applied to my cheeks it looks nothing like it does on my hand. It gives my cheeks a lovely glowing peachy warm bright happy glow. While it does give me a glow. Itís a very quick easy, goof proof color I donít need to focus too hard on to apply. It smells lovely, kinda sweet with a hint of floral? The brush is an annoying shape to try and use to apply blush with, but it is soft, and nice to hold. Overall Iím glad I caved and got this :D *****UPDATE****** I returned this. it fades quickly on me and was an odd muddy orange-y shade on me. Not to mention the packaging is so darn irritating. It's hard to fit a brush in there and swirl so as to get a mix of all the colors.

on 3/9/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love SUGARBOMB! :) Tried it in sephora and fell in love with it. Apart from the packaging which I LOVE , it's definitely a quality brand that's worth the price. I love that it gives you an instant beach-y glow in just two swipes and easy to blend too. i"ll definitely buy it again and again!

on 3/9/2011 9:03:00 AM

Other than most reviewers I have to be carefull when putting this on, cause it does really show up on my face. (I`m often a little clumsy when applying blush so I was looking for something sheer and natural) Also, it turned out to be quite peachy, which is not the best choice for my rather cool skintone (NW 20).
At first I really liked the fact that it is shimmery, but I realized that it looks very weird when my cheek-area is dry (somehow enhances the dryness).
Overall I wouldn`t say it`s the "worst" blush but I don`t recommend this to people with a cool skintone or dry cheeks.
I was so curious about the whole line when I discovered benefit but so far the products have been quite disappointing, esp. if you consider the prizes. Seems like cute packaging and funny names are the best part of it.
Update: I gave this another try and now I even have to take 1 lippie of, since I hate it! The golden shimmer looks terrible on me, so cool-skintoned: beware!

Popular Blush Products