August 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer because it works very well and the price is ridiculous. You can buy it at Target for $1.00!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first dedicated eye primer, and may just stay that way because it works amazing for my normal (non-oily) eyelids. When I am in a hurry, forget to put it on, and go to apply the eye shadow, I realize what I forgot immediately; the shadow I use (Revlon's 16 hour colorstay) is pretty much dull comparing to how it shines with this little primer. It helps to really saturate the eye shadow and makes it last all day. It is so cheap, effective, and cruelty-free, I will definitely get it again and again, and recommend it to anyone. Thanks, E.L.F.!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For me this is a dupe for the UD Primer Potion. Perhaps not identical, but for longevity, texture (perhaps a little thinner for the elf), and overall performance it absolutely the same. My HG primer is LORAC because it really surpasses the UD/e.l.f. ones in terms of performance. Having said that, if I needed eyeshadow primer in a pinch for some reason, and couldn't get my LORAC, I could run to just about any drugstore and pick this up for $1. It has a nice consistency and works pretty well!

In a nutshell: If you love the UD PP, get this one! It performs the same for a fraction of the cost. Don't you just love it when that happens??

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eye primer! Packaging is simple, price cannot be beat, and it truly helps my eyeshadows last and bring out the pigments more. Even with this being sheer, wearing it alone neutralizes my eyelids if I choose not to wear shadow that day. It also controls my eyelids from becoming oily and smudging my lash line eyeliner than if I hadn't applied it. I highly recommend E.L.F and their products - don't be fooled by the cheap price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Poppintags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AWESOME!

Love this product, love the price, love everything.

It makes your shadows don't run out, it doesn't crease, it gives a radiant same tone to all of your eyelid.

Sorry, I can't say anything bad about this stuff. It's wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

For a buck it's better than nothing but just barely.
I've still never found a primer that I like better than Kat VonD's Skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Its really cheap and works so well! I have really oily eyelids and it makes my eyeshadow stay on all day without creasing. I've tried the UD Primer Potion and it didn't work as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by hannahn631

Unfortunately this primer did not work for me at all. I have somewhat oily eyelids and this primer did nothing to stop my eyeshadows from creasing within a few hours. It also didn't improve the vibrancy of my eye shadow colours at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by candlelights

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$1!!! Are you freaking kidding me!

I could buy 30 of these for the price of the Urban Decay primer! (Which I used to use.)

First of all, keep in mind this primer is $1!

I don't wear eyeshadow so I can't say anything about how this primer effects that. I used to wear black gel liner, which turned into raccoon eyes on me within 30 minutes if I didn't wear this primer. With the primer on, it was able to last a few hours before it smudged. So I still had to do touch ups but I'm not complaining since this primer was only $1...

I don't wear eyeliner or eyeshadow anymore but I still use this primer because I have extremely oily lids. If I didn't use this primer, my BB cream would slide off. With the primer on, my BB cream stays put on my eyelids all day.

PROS:
- AMAZING affordable price
- Wand dispenser works well. Some people don't like it, but I like that you can get the proper amount every time unlike a tube.
- It works!

CONS:
- Black gel liner still smudges a bit (I have oily eyelids)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyelids can get oily.

I tried both of the eyeshadow primers ELF has now. I tried the ELF Mineral primer for $3 and also the regular ELF primer for $1. The one for a $1 worked better for me, but that is not saying much.

The shadows show up okay, but they crease after about 4 hours. I tried different techniques and none worked well. I just didn't like product all around very much