April 19, 2014 | 1693 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by noemielizabethh

This is the only eye primer I use. I've tried Urban Decay, Smashbox, Too Faced, Benefit and others of the more pricier make up brands and they either worked well but they were too expensive or they didn't work well at all. This primer is only $1 and it makes my eyeshadow last the entire time that I have it on. It doesn't crease or wear off easily. Since it's only $1, I stock up on these primers every time I go to Target. It's totally worth it. I always suggest this to my friends because it's only $1 AND it works incredibly well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 3:58:00 AM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

As of late, many inexpensive makeup brands are really impressing me (Elf, BH Cosmetics etc..) I can truthfully say I'm starting to become a former MAC girl. This primer is wonderful, it easily blends in & doesn't dry to fast. You can easily place a base over this, but it's just as good alone. My eyeshadows glided on beautifully & where easy to blend out. I still can't believe I paid $1 for this! Another wonderful use for this is under the eyes, it keeps concealer from creasing. My Urban Decay Primer Potion doesn't compare, all that did was dry out my lids. This is my new HG :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Amazing95341

This product I have in the white bottle. THE WHITE HAS SPARKLES IN IT. Idk about the flesh or pink one. Anyway there is a very cheap feel about the packaging but it works great and looks very sleek. It has a doe foot applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by summerblossom6

This eyelid primer is great! Because of the few drugstore primers out there, I am so happy E.L.F. decided to make one. This is a very popular primer, (other than UDPP which I have not tried yet) but I haven't really tried many other primers so I cannot really compare. This primer makes my ordinary powder eyeshadow stay all day without completely coming off, smudging off or just disappearing into thin air (if you know what I mean). It gives it such a good lasting power you cant practically purchase any eyeshadow, put it together with this and have an all day flawless look. This even makes your eyeshadow last through gym class and boiling hot humid days! What I found quite unique about this product though was that by the seventh hour of wearing this or so, it seemed to turn my eyeshadow into cream shadow which was a nice surpise. But instead of making it continue melting and melting, it just remained a cream eyeshadow from that point on which gave my eyeshadow a really nice creamy look which was amazing! I was surprised when I touch my lid to and realized that it had turned to cream but I think maybe that's what made it last so long? I'm not sure but I really really like this primer. It makes your shadow last all day, transform into a creamy eyeshadow, and helps prevent oily eyelids, all for just a buck! I love love love this primer and I would absolutely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by nhksoccer

Cheap + doesn't crease = HOLY GRAIL

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by neonocto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

With my hooded eye shape, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to keep shadows in place. I picked up elf's eyelid primer, attracted by its price, and it exceeded my expectations. The applicator requires some brushing off on the sides, as it picks up a lot of the product from the tube, but the formula itself is very blendable and creamy. It is sheer, but still smooths out the skin on my eyelids, and serves as a great base for my shadows. My shadows have a long life thanks to this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by YoitsNik

I've tried many eye primers and for a $1 you have to give it a try! I have oily lids, without eye primer, my eyelids would look as if I'm wearing dark eyeshadow at the end of the day. I combine this primer along with a nude eye shadow and my eyeliner stays put! I love all their products. If you're going to resort to a drugstore brand, you must pick this brand. Can't beat the price and the quality is not bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having oily lids, I really do need a primer in order to wear shadows. Over the years, I've found a few that I like. My old standby is Lorac Behind The Scenes primer but I'm always looking for something that is less expensive but just as good. I noticed E.L.F had a few different kinds of primers so not knowing much about the E.L.F eye primers, I was a bit confused in Target of which one to get. I ended up with the $1 sheer eyelid primer. The formula of this is very nice. It feels silky on the lid yet not greasy (looks at Too Faced S.I.) I also found that it dried pretty fast. Would I call this "sheer"? not really. I do have tea stained lids and this actually provided light coverage to that area which I'm not complaining. Dare I say this? Right off the bat, I noticed this E.L.F primer provided a better base for shadow pigmentation and vibrancy over Lorac. As for staying power, it did last all day long until I went to a cardio class. With Lorac's primer, I can seriously be covered with sweat. I'm talking pools of sweat in my sports bra big enough for birds to take a bath in. But, my shadow is untouched! But, still E.L.F does a fantastic job as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For $1, it works wonderfully. It does make your shadow last longer. I do wish it was in a squeeze tube though. One tube lasted me about two months (used it 5-7 days a week.)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by krmicmac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Before I start, I will let you guys know that I have dry/sensitive skin, except for my eyelids. Because of allergy issues, my eyelids take a beating from watery eyes during poor air quality days and on those days tend to get oily and watery. Also, I have hooded eyes (surprisingly not from getting older...I have always has hooded eyes).

I guess this product would work better on super oily skinned gals, but on me it was a total bust! I gave it a few chances too. It dried a white chalky color on my skin, settles into the cracks between skin tissue layers and made me look way older as a result! You could see the white cracks under my eye shadow too, and the way it settled into fine lines. Super Gross. Also, it tended to cause my make up to slide, and I wound up with worse creasing than if I just didn't use the product at all. I had to reapply my eyeshade by the time I got to work, rather than during lunch like normal (when I didn't have primer)

At least I wasn't out much $$. However, I'll be sticking to my UDPP and TFSI when it comes to eye primers.