September 19, 2014 | 1908 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

This is my everyday product. It's not a Holy Grail but it will hold any eyeshadow worth it's salt with excellant staying power. I get a full work day out of this puppy even if I'm in the heat.

1 small annoying thing. There isn't a huge amount of the product in the tube and it runs out quick but for $1.00 I buy two or three at a time and always have one in reserve. I also travel with it because if I loose it I won't freak about loosing a $20+ product.

Side note I gave a tube of this to my 77 year old mom who still wears make up. She is VERY fair. She used this to hide a couple of dark spots and also used it in the undereye and was really pleased. Not sure everyone could do that but hey doesn't hurt to carry one in the bag to use as a touch up if it works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

This primer really works and it's dirt cheap. "Nough said.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent primer! This is my everyday/workday go to primer because of it's staying power. AND the fact it's $1 so u can continuously restock. For special occasions or nights out I will be honest, I don't use this, but instead Urban Decay primer potion. I will definitely continue to use this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Valwaldroup

It was good something cheap if you're running low in cash and need or want a primer. Doesn't brighten but it doesn't say it will. So it's what it says I liked it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer because it works very well and the price is ridiculous. You can buy it at Target for $1.00!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first dedicated eye primer, and may just stay that way because it works amazing for my normal (non-oily) eyelids. When I am in a hurry, forget to put it on, and go to apply the eye shadow, I realize what I forgot immediately; the shadow I use (Revlon's 16 hour colorstay) is pretty much dull comparing to how it shines with this little primer. It helps to really saturate the eye shadow and makes it last all day. It is so cheap, effective, and cruelty-free, I will definitely get it again and again, and recommend it to anyone. Thanks, E.L.F.!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For me this is a dupe for the UD Primer Potion. Perhaps not identical, but for longevity, texture (perhaps a little thinner for the elf), and overall performance it absolutely the same. My HG primer is LORAC because it really surpasses the UD/e.l.f. ones in terms of performance. Having said that, if I needed eyeshadow primer in a pinch for some reason, and couldn't get my LORAC, I could run to just about any drugstore and pick this up for $1. It has a nice consistency and works pretty well!

In a nutshell: If you love the UD PP, get this one! It performs the same for a fraction of the cost. Don't you just love it when that happens??

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great eye primer! Packaging is simple, price cannot be beat, and it truly helps my eyeshadows last and bring out the pigments more. Even with this being sheer, wearing it alone neutralizes my eyelids if I choose not to wear shadow that day. It also controls my eyelids from becoming oily and smudging my lash line eyeliner than if I hadn't applied it. I highly recommend E.L.F and their products - don't be fooled by the cheap price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Poppintags

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AWESOME!

Love this product, love the price, love everything.

It makes your shadows don't run out, it doesn't crease, it gives a radiant same tone to all of your eyelid.

Sorry, I can't say anything bad about this stuff. It's wonderful!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by PaleBrunette

For a buck it's better than nothing but just barely.
I've still never found a primer that I like better than Kat VonD's Skin.