December 27, 2014 | 1233 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mcooney1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ive tried several eyeshadow primers before and the only one that has worked for me is the urban decay primer potion. I saw this had good reviews and was only $1 at target so figured im not out much if it doesn't work. It comes with an applicator; which is ok, but personally I like a squeeze tube for sanitary reasons. That's the only reason I didn't give it a 5. Texture wise it is a little thinner than urban decay primer potion. It dries fast which is good, cuz who wants to wait 5 min to apply their eyeshadow. My shadow applied smoothly over the primer and it lasted me well past my 8 hour work day. The only difference is I could wear UD primer potion overnight and it still looks good. Id definitely purchase this again and recommend any one who likes urban decay primer potion to try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by MsYukiusagi

When I first started using this eye shadow primer, I liked it but it was too watery for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good product! This really does the job, it dries weightlessly and doesn't feel oily or uncomfortable. I got it as a gift with a purchase so I was impressed before I even knew the price. The only time I had any problem with this is after ten hours of wearing a very shimmery eyeshadow and it just creased a little and I suspect that pricier product won't do better.
Excellent, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Marianaburgos

Amazing! I use this one day to day and my urban decay primer when I go out, if your looking for a cheaper one that does the same amount of work this one is the primer to get!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by goddessofthegalaxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging may not be much to look at but this eyelid primer is definitely great! It made my eyeshadow pop and there was absolutely no creasing or fading and for only $1!? A great buy I seriously don't use anything else to prime my eyelids . The doe foot applicator is useless I just use it to place the primer on my lid and then pat it onto my lid with my finger. It's great! Go pick up a few now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow wow wow! Keeps eye makeup on all day. No creasing. Love this. My routine is foundation, consealer and EYE PRIMER blush, HAC , and then eye makeup. Using it early in my routine gives it time to dry.

I guess my only knock against this product is that it is pretty liquidy. Most face primers have a dry gel feel to them. Not this eye primer. Even more liquid than foundation. Kind of like Lumi consealer if you've ever used that. The wand that it comes with it doesn't go on very smoothly. I dab on then use nice IT consealer brush to smooth it out. Usually after doing my whole face makeup. I have to smooth out the eye primer again before I apply my eye makeup.

Fantastic performance for a $1 product. I can't believe people dish out 30-40x that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's great!!! Lasts long! Only one dollar and helps work well!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

So I bought the E.LF eyelid primer because I never used a primer before and I wanted my eye shadow to last long . so I bought three cause I also got one for my sister and mom and to me I kind of like it but I feel like it can be better . Its a little to watery for me . it helps my eye shadow stay but it doesn't stay on to long . for it being only $1 its not that bad I only use this primer when I use my drug store eye shadows

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm on my third tube of this and I'm OBSESSED with it. I recommend it to everyone. I have kind of oily eyelids which is annoying. But this keeps my eyeshadow on for the majority of the day, some creasing at the end but overall excellent! I did break one of my tubes trying to open it though, but it is only a DOLLAR! Go get it!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Does this keep my shadow on longer? Yes, but not super long wear.
Does this make my naked eyelid look smoother? .In the nude color, Yes. In the thick Glittery Champagne color? Heck No!
Does this cost a buck? Yes it does.
Do I recommend it? Yes. if you want eye shadow to cling on your eye and last longer than a naked eye but there are better primer/bases to use but, this smooths the skin on my eyelids without creasing and that's not a bad thing.