April 18, 2014 | 1805 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Full Cover Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Eli703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrific concealer!!! Pricey, but a little goes a long way. I only use this product under my eyes and it covers my red areas. It tends to stick to my lines, but I use my fingers to blend maybe that is why. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by berke

I have some major acne scars and oily skin and this is the best concealer I have ever used even better than laura mercier secret camouflage! I have fair skin I am using the number 4 almost same with my skintone.It covers literally everything.this is one thick concealer (but easy to blend) so you need to moisturize your skin before putting it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by shengqix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

CANNOT live without this item :]

it has such good coverage. not heavy. does not crease. and it's waterproof! one time, i went to great america with just the hourglass veil primer and this concealer (i have a lot of post acne hyperpigmentation), my face still looked like the way it was when i first it on, it did not come off despite all the water rides.

the only thing is i exaggerate pores a bit. i have pretty big pores on my cheeks under my eyes. when i use this as an undereye concealer, i blend it downward and it just makes those pores 10x more obvious.... ugh....

but afterall~ LOVE THIS, it's good investment even though it's expensive. one of these last me 1.5 year xD

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by adrianamelie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What would I do without this concealer? It stays on for 12+ hours and it doesn't smudge or make you break out! You can wear this to sleep and it still stays on perfectly well the next day and it will not have faded at all (okay maybe like 5% but still great!). One bottle lasts you months-years. I've had mine for so long and it's still full. You can wear this during summer, winter, windy days, rainy days, it sticks on like no other. I use to it cover my acne scars and pigmentation. Don't use it for your under eyes as it might make it look ashy. HG concealer, definitely!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer!
For a while I was only using powder foundations and my skin was always relatively clear, but for some reason I decided to try out liquid foundations and all these different kinds of face washes for like 2 years. Unfortunately, my curiosity of new cosmetics caused my skin to become really acne-prone. By that I mean that although my skin isn't consistently broken out, most products I try out on it breaks me out now when I used to be able to put whatever on it without the chance of clogged pores. After using all kinds of promising Asian BB Creams resulting to blackheads and clogged pores that seemed to never go away, tinted moisturizers that caused cystic acne, and all sorts of powder and liquid foundations from Sheseido (which used to be so great for my skin!) and Cover FX to Georgio Armani and Chanel, I decided to stop using foundation all together. I'd like to say that I stopped using makeup since then, but that'd be a huge lie. I picked up this concealer from my local Sephora and stopped using everything else; since then my skin has really cleared up!

PROS:

Doesn't break me out/clog pores
Enough coverage to cover dark scars and any active blemishes
Don't need a lot of product to get the job done
Highly pigmented
Stays put all day
Easy to use
Waterproof!
Buildable, but not cakey

CONS:

Harder to remove than non-waterproof concealers/foundations
Color Match (I have to mix #4 and #5 to match my NC 25 skin tone without having light or dark specks all over my face)

When I first started using this concealer I didn't like it because I thought it was breaking me out until I realized that I wasn't removing it properly and that my skin developed bad reactions to setting powder; since I've fixed these problems I've loved this product. I'd say it's my HG!

EDIT 7/24/13:
I have to take off a lippie because the lack of color-match can get pretty annoying in the morning. Like, if I only wear #4 I look terrible in flash photography with random white circles that cover my blemishes and if I only wear #5, I have muddy-orange discolorations in daylight. Combining the two of them is about the right color, but sometimes I can't help feeling like the two colors produce a slightly grey tint. I suppose the plus is that during summer it's simple to use slightly more of the darker concealer when I mix them and during the winter I squeeze out way more of the lighter color than the darker. At least I don't have to buy separate concealers for the change of weather. Wish more colors would come out!
On the other hand, the other day I wore just this concealer during an all-nighter with friends while sleeping in my car and walking around in the wind for a few hours. The result was that my face was still practically perfectly concealed in the morning and miraculously I didn't break out the next day!
Also, it's important to know for those with those tiny acne-pit scars or easily-clogged pores, you can't cake this concealer on those parts of your face or the concealer will sink into the pits and look pretty awful. You don't need to much of this for even the darkest or brightest red spots, so go easy on the cover-up :)
Oh hey another pro, I find that if I have a flaky blemish that just ends up looking more dry and flaky with powder foundation, this concealer is creamy enough to like moisturize the flakes away. This does a really good job at smoothing out dry spots on my face, but I'm sure it works differently on other people's skin.
EDIT 8/4/13:
So...when I wear just this concealer it generally doesn't break me out, BUT that's only if I don't cake it up! I have a bad habit of over-caking old acne scars and active blemishes with layers upon layers of my face makeup, and although it looks fine, my skin gets all suffocated and I get little groups of cosmetic breakouts that turn into whiteheads. I have like 5 small-things on my cheeks that are quickly going away, but still quite annoying, as well as 4 small cystic blemishes on my chin, though my hormones may have contributed to these and I'm not overly-concerned.
What I've leaned is that with ANY concealer or foundation, blush or bronzer, if you cake it up, it will break you out because the stuff is being compacted into your pores and gets gross. Also, either a acne-fighting moisturizer or primer is necessary if you're a blemish-prone face- makeup-wearing girl.
EDIT 8/10/13:
Man, I'm so indecisive. Bumping this back up to 5 lippies upon discovering the correct way to use Ciracle Deep Cleansing Oil, moisturizing more, and applying Urban Decay Primer before foundation and concealer so that I never have the acne pits showing & there is a barrier between my makeup and skin. No more zits at all with the use of Dior Nude foundation, better cleansing methods, more sleep, and primer!

EDIT 9/21/13:
Hate-love relationship with this stuff is pretty much over for good. I stopped using this, Dior foundation, and Urban Decay primer, replacing it with Korres yogurt primer and anti-aging concealer only. Since then, the cystic acne on my chin is gone and the clogged pores on my cheeks has dissipated. Marking this done from 5 to 2 lippies as I think the coverage can be super super awesome on this, blocking out all redness and dark spots from previous acne with layers, but it is so hard to completely remove this at night and whatever was in it my skin didn't especially like. I mean, I wear concealer or foundation as concealer every day and although wearing this once in a while is fine for my skin, a couple days' wear in a row of this concealer gives me all sorts of bad blemishes (same with my Dior foundation). All natural makeup products seem to agree with my face more for daily use.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer for covering blemishes (I haven't tried it for undereye circles since it's a matte concealer and my eye area is a tad dry).

It's not SUPER full coverage in my experience, for example, it has less coverage than my urban decay 24/7 concealer. I would say that it's a high-medium coverage concealer, which is generally more than enough for most people.

I'm a little bit darker than a MAC NC30 and I use this in shade 6 and 7 which I mix, 7 is a bit darker, and I'd say most girls around NC30 should be able to use it. The reason I have two shades is because I noticed this concealer can occasionally oxidize when I apply it to my bare skin and turn a bit darker/orangey, so I mix with the lighter shade to counteract this effect, I find though, when you use this over a foundation/bb cream it doesn't oxidize.

There are three things I love about this concealer: 1) It doesn't break out my very acne-prone skin 2) don't melt or transfer off my oily skin 3) looks very skinlike and noncakey.

I highly recommend this concealer for people who wish to cover up acne marks/blemishes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This concealer is my HG. I avoided it for years because I wasn't paying attention. It's not the typical greasy tube concealer! It's not greasy, it's totally oil free and water/heat proof. It's FULL coverage and highly pigmented. Not the fake full coverage you often get. I don't know what these companies are thinking putting "full coverage" on their descriptions when it's usually just a light layer of colour/coverage.

This concealer also has perfect packaging. It doesn't pump out a set amount, too much or too little. You can perfectly squeeze as much or as little as want or need.

It *does* take some skill to apply. I use it everywhere (under eyes, on blemishes) with a primer underneath. It dries fast and hard and if you don't blend it you can make a mess. You need a quick hand and need to check your application but it's totally worth the effort. If you find it "ashy" under your eyes or anywhere else, you need a different shade.

On my NC20/25 skin I use shade #6.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by NickyZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer is truly amazing. It covers anything and is matte, stays all day if set with a setting powder. Stays for a long time not being set as well. I like the extra insurance.

I'm about an nw20 in MAC shades. I first was matched to #4 in this, which works really well for my neck and blemishes but looks way too ashy under my eyes. Then I got my hands on #5 which has more warmth to it. And by warmth, I mean pink/red as per the color wheel. I am not sure if #5 is new but it went from being an 'ok' concealer to a 'great' one with the new shade 'vanilla'. I believe #4 is 'flesh'.

There is a learning curve to this. I use it with an eyeliner brush for small blemishes. A little, and I mean little, goes a long way. One tube lasted me for a couple of years. For larger blemishes I recommend patting it with a flat brush and feathering out the edges. Under eye must be well moisturized because it is VERY matte, which I love.

Normally tube concealers are a miss for me due to lack of coverage, but this is THE most pigmented tube concealer I've tried.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I had a sharp learning curve with this one. YES, it is very pigmented, and YES, it can cover moles/birthmarks/tatoos, but only if you're patient and know how to use it properly.

First, the packaging is AWESOME. The squeezy tube has a tiny noozle, so you can really control how little or how much comes out. It's easy to travel with and doesn't take up much room. Even better, you ge a LOT of product because you need only a pinhead worth of this concealer for every blemish. I feel like I might pass this concealer on to my future grandchildren lol

I'm around NC25/27 and very yellow, and I matched shade #6 the best. I normally use this concealer to hide stubborn acne marks or, on occasion, some of my very black, noticeable moles. I first apply a tiny dot of this concealer to the blemish and then let it just sit there for a few seconds before blending out with my finger. The wait time is super important because I feel like this concealer "adheres" to the skin better when it's warm. If you try to blend it out immediately after applying, it looks too sheer and won't cover much of anything. If you wait a few seconds first, then it will mainly "stay put" on top of the blemish.

To conceal really dark areas (and/or tattoos if you have them), the technique I use is that I'll add 1-3 thin layers of this concealer on top of each other until the dark patch is pretty well concealed, then roll or pat on some powder across the area with a sponge. Don't drag the sponge across the concealed area because you may pull some concealer off. "Blotting" on powder is the best way to set this concealer while allowing it to hide whatever it is that you're hiding.

It's not 100% perfect because sometimes the mole/tattoo is not 100% concealed, but in pictures, you can't tell. Sometimes this concealer can emphasize flakes underneath depending on the skin texture of the area you're trying to hide, so I always recommend hydrating well underneath. Overall, I love this concealer and plan on buying it... IF I ever run out, which might be never!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like this concealer but some days I hate it. I have it in number 4 which is too light for my nc25-30 skintone. The mua gave me the wrong color, and I'm pissed about it because this concealer costed me 30. However the quality is pretty good. It reminds me of the pro longwear concealer by Mac which has the same finish and lasting power. Some days it seems to glide of my skin, which is weird because some days it wont. I give this 4 lippies.