E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

on 11/23/2013 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love it cause it keeps me matte but kinda leaves a white tint a little bit

on 11/12/2013 7:24:00 AM

Pros: Gives a glow to your face. This 3525088187is because it's designed to work with high def cameras to bring out your face in photographs
It is inexpensive
It is easy to use sparingly

Cons: Could be a smaller packaging with a little more product. Should come with a kabuki type brush rather than a powder puff applicator.

I apply this lightly over my powder foundation.
I will definitely repurchase this!!!

on 11/11/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't user this on clients or a day I knew I week be taking photos. Shows much to white in flash photography. Those the quality us great for the price! I reach this for everyday use. It's sits out on my makeup take since I reach for it almost daily. Leaves a great matte finish. I recommend using a big fluffy brush, not stuff at all. Tao a but of product into the lid, swirl the brush, tap of excess very well, then PAT onto face.

My new fave loose setting powder. I had been reading about how great it was for a long time, but it wasn't sold in my city ...I luckily found it at Winners (Canada's TJ Maxx) a few months ago and grabbed it right away..I think it was only $6.99. I use pressed powder foundation, but I need a bit more oil absorbing in my t-zone...this works GREAT for that. I apply my foundation, let it sit while I do my other makeup and apply it 3rd to last (mascara and lip colour are last). I pat it on all over my face so it won't rub off my foundation. It gives a more polished look, softens my blush a bit and makes my skin look smoother. I wish it came with more product inside, I was surprised at how little powder there was....however...it's inexpensive. We recently got 2 Targets in my city and the one on my side of town doesn't have E.L.F products (I was pissed), I hope the other one does because I haven't seen it at Winners since I got mine. I'd also like to try the yellow toned one..I have a bit of redness.

on 10/28/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic setting powder. Sets foundation without adding colour or caking. Really fine and translucent, matte finish, and you get plenty for the price. Included puff is ok, applies better with dual fibre brush.

There is one major problem though: the pot is huge, really bulky and clumsy, big screw top lid and wide mouth. Very easy to spill and if you get any on the soft, matte case it won't come off and looks really grubby. Totally unnecessary and it would be better in a much sleeker pot.

on 10/28/2013 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this product and I'm shocked it ended up working so well considering the low price. It makes my skin look smooth and feel super super soft! I generally tend to pair it with another loose powder just because this doesn't really seem to be designed to control oil when you're being active or in a hot/humid environment, but the combination works really well for me and my skin stays looking nice for 8+ hours with blotting only VERY occasionally necessary after 6-7 hours.

Cons:
-Very messy due to how finely milled the powder is. I use a brush rather than the little puff that comes included and I usually try and put the powder on a flat compact mirror before putting it on my face, but it's really hard to get the proper amount without dumping it all over yourself.
-As other people have mentioned the powder is pure white. I didn't have any problems with a ghostly sheen or anything like that but I also have very light skin - I'm not sure if this product would work the same way for tanned/darker skinned ladies.

I also use this product with primer + foundation, so I'm not really sure how it would work using it alone. If you're looking for a powder that will help with lots of redness or acne coverage, this isn't going to be it, but otherwise I definitely recommend giving it a shot!

on 10/22/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using this for about a month or so now and I like it. I was worried that because I'm NW45ish, it would leave me looking like ghostface but surprisingly it doesn't. It is sooo finely milled that I don't use a lot and I use a fluffy brush. I use it to set my concealer under my eyes and above my top lip and it completely disappears and works just fine. As mentioned in other reviews it can be messy but I find that if I DON'T peel back the covering over the sifter holes, that enough of the product comes out just by tapping it on the lid. I also make sure to keep the power puff, which I don't use, in there to further cuts down on the mess potential. Overall this is was a good buy.

EDIT 12.16.13 I made this even better by mixing it with a tiny amount of my toffee Everyday Minerals powder.

on 10/22/2013 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this for setting my foundation. Yes, it is a tad colored and makes me white, but I apply bronzer and blush after so no big deal there. The price can't be beat for such a large container of powder- much cheaper than MUFE's small container of HD powder. It's so finely milled and soft that my face feels sooo smooth after applying. The container is very messy, though, and can't be tossed around or anything otherwise BEWARE- you will have a giant explosion of powder when you open it. Overall, love the product, but change up the container so nothing spills everywhere and the product gets wasted.

on 10/17/2013 7:45:00 PM

I don't get the hype with translucent "HD" powders. Yes this powder is finely milled and the quality looks great, but I'm an NW20 and this product leaves a pale, grayish cast on my face, no matter how little I use or how well I blend. I tried to use this as an under eye setting powder, but it made my eyes itch. I can't really comment on the oil control or staying power because I always had to top off my face with my normal loose powder just to warm up the cold look this product gave me. I give up on this powder, but I would love to try the "corrective yellow" shade, but it never seems to be in stock on ELF's website.

on 10/13/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tried using it as a setting powder, it does not prolong the wear of your foundation, it leaves a white very powdery look when applied, doesn't blur anything just looks like you have smothered yourself in talcum powder, thrown mine out, rendered useless. Good value if it works for you. Comes in sifter container with puff.

Video Reviews & Tutorials