April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't write many reviews on mascara since they are kindof like perfume (YMMV). BUT, I really like this product. Let me start by saying I have short silky lashed that take FOREVER to build lenght and volume. I bought this on a whim (did not read MUA reviews) since it's fairly cheap.

I was pleasantly surprised. Medium brush size and the product stay on my lashes. It does not give me the fake look I would love to achieve but you can see my lashes. No flaking and at day's end I still have mascara on my silky lashes. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly suckered at the Walgreens counter into buying this mascara with a buy one get one 50% off and I was pleasantly surprised! I love big fat thick lashes and this mascara did not let me down. No flakes either at the end of the day. Washed off easily with my facial cleanser. It even gives my beloved Loreal Voluminous mascara a run for the money. Will buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lisaeberling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Pros-NONE

CONS- Watery
lashes stick and clump together
smears and flakes
doesnt wear for long
brush is junk

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 5:17:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I like this mascara quite a bit, I'm a little surprised at all the bad reviews.
First off, I liked that it was a 'drier' formula, because I seem to be very messy with my mascara and wet, gooey formulas get all over the place.
I got the regular version, and it was really easy to remove, almost tube-mascara like! The curl holding properties weren't that great, but I wasn't really expecting that with the none waterproof formula. My lashes were a little stuff, but very voluminous and had decent length. Overall, a pretty good mascara that I'd definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by AshleyD2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

Wow these are a lot of bad reviews. I cant speak for the regular versiion, but I bought the waterproof version and it is amazing. No flaking, no clumping, no smudgin, and my lashes are curled and lengthened...not to mention its easy to remove and fully waterproof. It does smell a little plastic-like, but I've gotten used to that. It also can look very natural with 1-2 coats, or dramatic with 3. I really love this mascara!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by megan1309

I guess I'm going to be the odd ball out of all the other reviewers. I actually love this. I really like the pink tube. It's cute! It has a pretty big wand which in my opinion gives my lashes great volume. At first it seems a little clumpy but then it dries and it makes my lashes really pop! Sometimes I just use a mascara brush wand that I have to smooth my lashes out. It works for me and I will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by npsandiego

I am looking for a really volumizing mascara to make my lashes thick and full. I have thin Asian lashes. They are also straight, but I use an eyelash curler. I find most non-waterproof mascaras kill my curl, but I'd like to find a non-WP for ease of removal. I've used designer mascaras (Diorshow, Bad Lash, Too Faced) but I've been on the quest to find the best drugstore mascara. I've used Rimmel mascaras in the past and thought a few were pretty good so I picked up this Volume Flash the Maxx. Even after a week (I read some mascaras take time to get better) I found it clumpy and killed my curl.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by beatcity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really, really wanted to love this mascara. unfortunately this was NOT what i expected at ALL. this is a clumpy, thick, goopy mascara and the horrible wiper that it comes with doesn't help! it cant hold a curl to save it's life, and weighs my lashes down until they are stick straight. i will say that it is highly pigmented. i got this in waterproof, and it was really thick. it left me with three eyelashes and extremely disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by bayxbiixvi3t

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i had high expectations for this, but it failed to impress :[
first, i found this mascara very clumpy when i apply it. it's ok when it dries, like it somehow smooths itself out? second, i find it doesnt really hold my curls - sort of like it weighs them down. just not impressed. i think i'll pick up a different mascara when im done with this one

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by missvoni

Very impressed. A "wet" mascara that does not weigh down lashes so they retain their natural curl. Also washes off with warm water. I've been using Lancome for years, but I'm sticking with Rimmel from now on!