November 25, 2014 | 1741 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mint Candy Apple

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MissCarmella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Really pretty and retro looking shade of pastel seafoam green. I do not get its name mint candy apple but maybe I am just missing something. It doesn't look like a mint to me and candy apples make me think of a caramel dipped apple, not this shade of green. Weird choice Essie. I do love it though and will repurchase it when I finish my bottle. It's gorgeous and opaque, wears well and dries fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a Christmas present last year actually and was genuinly suprised. I read about this polish on a "Relax" page of Glamour. When I first put it on it came out a really soft blue then dried and was a astonishing electric light blue, loved it because it's still such a calming color. Look a little weird in my opinion though if you have really long nails. Will repurchase in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by isamadoramable

Yes, the color is more blue than minty, but I still love this nonetheless. After staring at this polish online for months, I finally went out and got it. Not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed. It could have been a liiiitle bit more green. My first time wearing it, I wondered, WHY WAS IT SO BLUE? After a while my judgement became unreliable, because I was so used to it, and didn't know what color it even was anymore. So the next day I asked everyone, "What color do you think it is?" And most people either said blue-green, or green. So I guess it's just me that sort of freaked out. But still, I just wish it was a true mint.

The formula is very similar to other Essie polishes that I've tried--creamy, and almost jelly-like. It's the kind of opacity that you MIGHT get away with in one coat, but 2 is perfect, to cover over any balding. I always take off my polish every Sunday, and by the time the next Sunday comes, there is no chipping, but of course some wear to the tips.
Though the color was not what I had hoped for, I still love it, and I'm definitely getting a backup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by sellabella

LOVE it. My fave colour - and Essie brushes are so rigid and precise!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by pinkxbubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pastel sea foam green. It's thick and is very opaque. I love it and will repurchase. It looks so good against my skin tone especially when I'm really tan in the summer. It always gets me a million compliments.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was disappointed in this shade. It's extremely streaky and the way the color looks in the bottle is very deceiving as well as the name. I was expecting more of a mint chocolate chip ice cream color on my nails. This color changes in different lighting. In darking lighting it looks more of the mint green shade and in brighter lighting/ outdoors it looks aqua and more like a robbin egg blue shade. I had lots of compliments on it. Whenever I asked people what color they thought it was I recieved both answers light blue and mint green more people said light blue though. I like to match my nails to my outfits so I'm not a huge fan of this shade although it is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by RachaelSpiffy

I really love this color. I always look at my nails when I wear this color. It is just so eye catching. It's a light mint/blue. Almost like a brighter version of seafoam. Two coats and you are opaque. The formula is great on this essie polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by kadbeauty

Love this polish! I don't personally own it but get it on my toes almost every time I get a pedi. It looks beautiful with a tan (faux, of course!) and isn't too loud or anything so you won't have to worry about it looking weird with your outfits. I notice that the beauty technician has to almost work at getting the color to spread evenly and there are very tiny air bubbles when it is dry, but it's such a beautiful color I'm willing to work with it. I'm looking to buy it, I can't find it anywhere near me since it is in such demand! Love it, great color by Essie :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This nail polish is great. The formula in my bottle is not thick at all and is definitely not goopy, it's more on the thin side but not TOO thin. It's pretty much the perfect nail polish consistency. The color is beautiful and whenever I paint my nails this color I get compliments like crazy! It is a lovely mint green color that's actually more on the blue side than the green. It's sort of like, robin egg blue. Love it! It's a bit expensive but not as much as OPI or Butter London nail polishes!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SmallerFries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The application of this nail polish was somewhat of a nightmare. It was really thick and goopy making it nearly impossible to put it on the nails neatly. It's also really streaky but mostly fixable by the second coat. The color is also more of a robin blue color than a light green and a little too chalky for my light coloring. I probably would not repurchase in the future.