October 30, 2014 | 1648 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sjcita

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this long lasting lipstick after asking a co-worker what she wears on her lips (which always look perfect). She told me it was CoverGirl outlast. So I bought the orginal Outlast in Plum color. I used it as directed, and VOILA! it lasted all day. It's true that you must be very very careful when you apply this stuff. Your lips must be dry and clean and free of any rough or chapped areas. This is VERY important, or the lip color will not go on smoothly. Also... you must only put on a moderate amount, do not layer and layer it. Then, after about 1 minute or more, then you can use the clear top coat gloss (or any other clear gloss you have). I also bought the newer Outlast version called Smoothwear, in a Coffee color. It's not as long-lasting, but the color is better for my skintone and eye color. Also.. this product makes me look like I actually have LIPS since my lips are on the thin side. All in all, I think this is a great product when used correctly, and I will probably buy it again when I use it up. : )

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by MonFleur

Wow, I hate this product.
It went on strong-smelling. I followed the directions to let the stuff dry before putting on the "top-coat" (which is like worse on top of bad), and it looked good for MAYBE an hour. After that, it did just about everything I don't want a lipcolor to do: faded in spots, gathered in cracks, dried my lips EXCEEDINGLY, starting flaking, etc. The only good news is that it did not cause me to break out, and I was at home, so makeup remover and time were on my side in getting the stuff OFF.

I was so put off that I didn't even keep the "top coat" long enough to try on its own merits as a lip balm.

This stuff would be good for playing pranks on sleeping people....otherwise, stay far, far away!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

it does stay on for a while but no the whole 8 hrs as it says...but be cautious b/c the color i bought was no the same when i put it on my lips and dried vs. the color on the package

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this product. Did not work on me at all. It was sticky and really thick. The balm did not work a worth of crap.If anything it just made my lips dry after an hour or 2. Sorry, I had a bad experience with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this because I wanted to try a longlasting lipstick/gloss. A little disappointed the color didn't apply smoothly and the gloss part seemed to just sit on my lips then disappeared. so my lips looked dry until I removed the lipstick part. It stayed, but looked to Matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sirenchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like the fact that you have two products to haul around with you, but this does stay on your lips for hours and hours. I love not having to constantly reapply my lip color. I have also found another great use for the lip stain, I put a neutral color on my eyelid and then apply eyeliner over the lip stain (I know it sounds pretty hardcore) but it causes my eyeliner and eyeshadow to last the entire day without creasing one tiny bit. Usually I have to use a primer on my eyelid, but this works way better, while giving my eyelid a nice hint of color. I'll repurchase more colors to play around with since they tend to look different on your lips than they do in the tube. But I love this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked out shade 592 "Buff" (their lightest shade in their series of nude shades). The colour looked GORGEOUS...for about 1-2 hours. I applied one 'brushfull' over my clean, bare lips and was pleased at the pigmentation; nude lip colours rarely show up over my naturally dark red lips and the clear balm added a nice finishing touch. I applied this at 11am and by about 1pm my lip colour began to crack...literally CRACK so I tried to remedy this by applying more topcoat. By 2pm, the lip colour began to FLAKE so I tried to apply even more topcoat. By 3pm my lips had PATCHES...patches of nude and red..it looked HIDEOUS. DO NOT BUY THIS unless you WANT to spend the afternoon in the ladies washroom SCRATCHING and PEELING off flakey bits of dried lip colour!!! Into the garbage it goes!! I am so disappointed because the colour was sooo beautiful at first...I will likely take the tube to MAC to see if they have a duplicate lip colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Katlanta

I love this. I have the number "855", though I think the shade is retired. It's a deep berry shade. It stays all day, minimal flaking. I put a red gloss over it since I ran out of the balm, and I love it even more! Just don't mess up while in application, its a pain to remove mistakes.

About ten dollars, like most drugstore longstays.

I wish the balm was attached to the color like most longstay colors out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jdawes

I love not having to reapply my lipstick all day. Yes, it's true that it's drying but if you reapply the gloss or a lip balm, you can avoid that problem. I purchased this in "Naturalast" and it is a very pretty color if you apply it lightly. If you go crazy with it, it's an icky purplish-brown.

I tried another color recently called Sun-Kissed. This was in the "Neutrals" section of the display. The color swatch suggested a neutral pink. The title suggests a warm pink. HOWEVER, this is bright Pepto-Bismol in a lip color. They should've named it "Sunburned" instead of Sun-Kissed. I hate it, and I'm taking it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by RACHJOY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at Wal-Mart. It was a sale 2 for 1, but the two colors were packaged together. I cant tell you what colors they are cause it only has number on the tube. Sorry ladies. But I know they were nudes. One is like a light berry color and the other is like a true nude (love it). I never really have been a fan of lipstick as i hate having to reapply, lip gloss is so easy. The first use was to say the least, sloppy. I used the nude color & it looked like paint. BAD! After a few times i have found the perfect application method. Clean , dry lips. Apply the color VERY VERY thin. A little goes a long way. And it must be applied quickly and smoothly. I also find that opening my mouth & stretching my lips gets the color to go on better, into the wrinkles of the lips and staying this way for about thirty seconds after application to allow it to dry. Looks ridiculous but works. I do my bottom lip first, then the first half of my top & so on. If any color is out of place wipe it off immediately or it will stay there all day. After sitting with my mouth open to allow it to dry, I apply the gloss coat. It really does last all day through eating, smoking (I know its horrid), and drinking. I only have to take the gloss in my purse, cause the color is there all day. I don't find the formula drying, & the gloss revives the color. I must say that I am very impressed with this product. I wear the true nude daily & love it. So far my HG. It only gets 4 lippies because I am still a gloss fan at heart. But it is nice not having the gooey gloss on.