September 30, 2014 | 1090 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (All)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by strawberrygrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

it does stay on for a while but no the whole 8 hrs as it says...but be cautious b/c the color i bought was no the same when i put it on my lips and dried vs. the color on the package

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated this product. Did not work on me at all. It was sticky and really thick. The balm did not work a worth of crap.If anything it just made my lips dry after an hour or 2. Sorry, I had a bad experience with this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this because I wanted to try a longlasting lipstick/gloss. A little disappointed the color didn't apply smoothly and the gloss part seemed to just sit on my lips then disappeared. so my lips looked dry until I removed the lipstick part. It stayed, but looked to Matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by sirenchick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't like the fact that you have two products to haul around with you, but this does stay on your lips for hours and hours. I love not having to constantly reapply my lip color. I have also found another great use for the lip stain, I put a neutral color on my eyelid and then apply eyeliner over the lip stain (I know it sounds pretty hardcore) but it causes my eyeliner and eyeshadow to last the entire day without creasing one tiny bit. Usually I have to use a primer on my eyelid, but this works way better, while giving my eyelid a nice hint of color. I'll repurchase more colors to play around with since they tend to look different on your lips than they do in the tube. But I love this product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked out shade 592 "Buff" (their lightest shade in their series of nude shades). The colour looked GORGEOUS...for about 1-2 hours. I applied one 'brushfull' over my clean, bare lips and was pleased at the pigmentation; nude lip colours rarely show up over my naturally dark red lips and the clear balm added a nice finishing touch. I applied this at 11am and by about 1pm my lip colour began to crack...literally CRACK so I tried to remedy this by applying more topcoat. By 2pm, the lip colour began to FLAKE so I tried to apply even more topcoat. By 3pm my lips had PATCHES...patches of nude and red..it looked HIDEOUS. DO NOT BUY THIS unless you WANT to spend the afternoon in the ladies washroom SCRATCHING and PEELING off flakey bits of dried lip colour!!! Into the garbage it goes!! I am so disappointed because the colour was sooo beautiful at first...I will likely take the tube to MAC to see if they have a duplicate lip colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Katlanta

I love this. I have the number "855", though I think the shade is retired. It's a deep berry shade. It stays all day, minimal flaking. I put a red gloss over it since I ran out of the balm, and I love it even more! Just don't mess up while in application, its a pain to remove mistakes.

About ten dollars, like most drugstore longstays.

I wish the balm was attached to the color like most longstay colors out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by jdawes

I love not having to reapply my lipstick all day. Yes, it's true that it's drying but if you reapply the gloss or a lip balm, you can avoid that problem. I purchased this in "Naturalast" and it is a very pretty color if you apply it lightly. If you go crazy with it, it's an icky purplish-brown.

I tried another color recently called Sun-Kissed. This was in the "Neutrals" section of the display. The color swatch suggested a neutral pink. The title suggests a warm pink. HOWEVER, this is bright Pepto-Bismol in a lip color. They should've named it "Sunburned" instead of Sun-Kissed. I hate it, and I'm taking it back.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by RACHJOY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at Wal-Mart. It was a sale 2 for 1, but the two colors were packaged together. I cant tell you what colors they are cause it only has number on the tube. Sorry ladies. But I know they were nudes. One is like a light berry color and the other is like a true nude (love it). I never really have been a fan of lipstick as i hate having to reapply, lip gloss is so easy. The first use was to say the least, sloppy. I used the nude color & it looked like paint. BAD! After a few times i have found the perfect application method. Clean , dry lips. Apply the color VERY VERY thin. A little goes a long way. And it must be applied quickly and smoothly. I also find that opening my mouth & stretching my lips gets the color to go on better, into the wrinkles of the lips and staying this way for about thirty seconds after application to allow it to dry. Looks ridiculous but works. I do my bottom lip first, then the first half of my top & so on. If any color is out of place wipe it off immediately or it will stay there all day. After sitting with my mouth open to allow it to dry, I apply the gloss coat. It really does last all day through eating, smoking (I know its horrid), and drinking. I only have to take the gloss in my purse, cause the color is there all day. I don't find the formula drying, & the gloss revives the color. I must say that I am very impressed with this product. I wear the true nude daily & love it. So far my HG. It only gets 4 lippies because I am still a gloss fan at heart. But it is nice not having the gooey gloss on.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 6:18:00 PM More reviews by 1TXAZDreamgirl

This is my first review. Thanks to all for your time and opinions. They are so keen, helpful and honest. Let's try to write, proofread, punctuate and spell a little better though to make each writing worthy of such a great website and to favor readers even more with your insight, experience and expertise.

This is my holy grail, go to lipstick. I apply it to clean, dry lips. Nothing gets between my lips and my Cover Girl Outlast! :) It lasts until I take it off with mineral oil on a cotton ball or until I eat something oily. It fills in the lines around my lips like perfectly sanded spackle ready to be painted. It comes in so many lovely shades, although they have changed the colors so much lately that my favorite, Berry Preserve (#556), is not the same. In fact, all of the colors are too similar now within each color range. It also now smells awful, like tawdry, cheap candy or powdered Kool Aide. GAG! They also have changed the formula to make it more glossy or shimmery (in the tube anyway) which defeats the purpose of the product and reduces its wear time. I also wear #553 in Outlast which is Moonlit Mauve (blue cap, the original recipe which is the best and now very hard to find), #556, the new and not as good Berry Preserve, #545 and Naturalist which smells disgusting as mentioned above.

They have added another line too, Smoothwear, which is about the same but not as opaque, has great colors and smells fine. In Smoothwear, I wear Berry Satin #815 and Mauve Spice #885. I do not appreciate these changes to make it more like lip gloss. I do not wear lip gloss because it does not last. Thatís why I love this product that they are now ruining, albeit slowly.

I suspect that some of the negative reviews are due to (1) misuse of the product over the gloss or some other balm and (2) the recent changes to the product. It has to go on clean, bare lips - no exceptions. It is correct, however, that you will cause it to flake if you try to apply more product, or another color, over the dried original shade. It is also true that if you eat anything oily, the lipstick will come off in a flaky fashion. You have to then blot off all of the oil and reapply only to the now uncoated areas.

I will keep buying it until they ruin it completely, which hopefully will not happen. The only comparable product I have found was Max Factorís version, Lipfinity, which I can no longer find at Walgreens, CVS or Ulta. Their website says itís now at Wal-Mart and a Houston grocery store, HEB. How unglamorous is that? Iíll have to research how Max Factor has slipped down so far on the glam ladder. They can afford to hire Giselle though, so things canít be too bad. Maybe she needs to take pay cut so they can get products in more stores. The other new competing types from Revlon and LíOreal are all too sticky and qualify as lip gloss by my standards.

Cover Girl has a good website. Check it out for more product reviews. Everyone else posting to their site that used the original product correctly is lamenting its demise due to lip gloss frenzy concerns and unseemly color changes. Well, I'm off to Wal-Mart or HEB to find my old staple, Infinity. Hopefully, it's unadulterated and as great a product as I remember.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I bought this because I needed a red lipstick, and in the past I've found red lipstick hard to keep in place without feathering or smudging. I cannot remember the name of the shade I got, but it was a true-red color, and quite pretty actually. It looked very nice when I first put it on, but unfortunately it didn't stay like that. I have somewhat dry lips, but not more than usual I don't think, and this started peeling off my lips. I had taken care to use lots of balm and exfoliate my lips the few days before I was going to need it, since I know how important it is to have a smooth canvas when using darker lip color. Even with all of that prep, it dried out my lips, and just started peeling. When I tried to put on more to correct it, but it just made it worse. If you need to be somewhere for only an hour this is probably OK (which is almost never) but otherwise it's NOT good. It starts peeling off, and you really can't fix it. Since it's color stay, it's still hard to get it all off your lips, so if you're out and don't have makeup remover you're kind of up a creek! This *might* be ok for lighter shades, but if you're going for red or another darker shade, you should definitely test-drive this before you wear it to an event. I wouldn't recommend this product.