April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Lip Treatments - Philosophy - Kiss Me lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2005 11:48:00 PM More reviews by diablina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was a regretful impulse buy at Sephora. It's just completely boring, nothing noteworthy about this at all. As was said by another reviewer, it goes on shiny with some colour, but is gone very quickly. The smell and taste didn't bother me, but it didn't leave my lips feeling moist afterwards. Definetely not worth it, anything is better than this! If you need a higher end lipbalm, go for Kiehl's or MAC tinted lip conditioner. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2005 5:33:00 PM More reviews by nene0182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not voerly impressed with this at all. It doesn't moisturize at all and tastes like plastic. Thankfully I got it free through drugstore.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2005 6:42:00 PM More reviews by sadie_midnight

When I first saw this stuff, I figured it was a lip gloss, because of it's texture and the shiny finish it leaves. It's supposed to be a balm, but I think it actually falls somewhere between the two, doing a mediocre job at both. It leaves a glossy coat which fades within about 30 minutes, sinking into and (poorly) moisturizing your lips.

What's more, while I don't have any complaints about the light, citrusy scent, it *tastes* horrible: like plastic, really. Disgusting.
The colour (I have it in Red) is very sheer with only a hint of pigment, despite the intimidating deep purple of the tube.

Final verdict: Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2005 10:22:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddict01

I Love this product! Everyone says it smells awful, but it has a light lemony scent. You just need a little and it's a huge pot.It does get a little runny in the heat, but if you put it in the fridge for a minute or two it's nice and firm again. I'm very acne prone and some balms make me brake-out around my mouth, but this doesn't at all. Even when my lips are very dry I put this on and they're baby soft a minute later. I would Highly recommend this!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2004 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This lip balm is pretty awful. There is nothing special about it except the name. What a waste of money!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2004 12:44:00 PM More reviews by 8675309

I got the red jar gloss as part of a birthday gift set. It really does smell like Band-Aid! LMAO!

A little goes a loooong way it is super-moisturizing yet lightweight and non-sticky. The pot is HUGE.

As far as the color goes, I'm a PPP and I haven't noticed much in terms of pigment. It might have a touch, but it's not really very tinted at all. I do think adding a little vanilla or fruit scent (or even just making it unscented) would be a plus.

* * * UPDATE: I don't like this balm. I buy cheapo products as a lipstick base and prefer balms/glosses with great color/flavor so this is a pretty useless product for me. If it smelled better or had more color, it might be acceptable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

What a horrible, terrible product. Quite possibly the grossest lip product I've ever used.

All that is in this tube is petroleum jelly (which is gross), some sort of very odd scent/flavoring and red coloring.

After using this for a few days, my lips were horribly dried out. I think it's from all the pretroleum jelly. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2004 8:59:00 AM More reviews by gusje

Great product. It gives me a nice reddish glow on the lips. As if I was saying: kiss me kiss me kiss me!!!! :-) I have the red version of it. A HG product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 2:38:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in a tube, the color is pink. I love it! I like the texture, and it's really very moisturizing. Smells very minty, too. Not much pigment to it, but that's fine, since it's a lip balm. It has a bit of shine too, which is very nice.

I'll definitely buy this again. Both this color, and the clear one. The red one smelled weird though, so I don't think I'll ever buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2004 12:07:00 AM More reviews by KidA

Eek! I got this as part of a Philosophy giftpack as I was seduced by their marketing. At first I really liked this product. It was thick and seemed to do the job nicely. After awhile I noticed it started to sting/burn my lips ever so slightly (I have sensitive skin). Also, the smell! The other reviewers have done a decent job describing it, so I won't go into detail. I switched over to Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 immediately and have never looked back.