Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush - Honeymoon 127

4.1

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've owned this blush for about a year now, and haven't been too impressed with it. It really is more of a highlight than anything else. However, on a recent (late notice) trip to NYC, I only packed a few makeup items. Sooo, I ended up using this as an eyeshadow. I finally found a use that works for me!! Makes my eyes pop and it glows. Now that I have found a use for it, I will repurchase.

Also, the packaging did break, but that was after 9 months of being in my makeup bag.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I think there is wide shade variation with this product. Mine has no veining whatsoever. It's just a light, glowy, uniform peach-tinged pink shade, in both the compact and on my skin. I'm NW20 in mac foundations, and I find this adds enough colour that it's definitely a blush, not a highlighter, but I can see how on skintones deeper than mine, there probably wouldn't be a whole lot of colour payoff. On me, this looks like a natural, in-from-the-cold flush, but with a little extra oomph from the shimmery glow. There are no discernible particles of shimmer (a la Revlon PhotoReady, just for example), just a nice, even sheen. I think it looks very ethereal. Now, you know how some products look more or less the same no matter what tools you use to apply them? I think with this product, results will vary wildly along with whatever brush is being used to put it on. I haven't road tested this theory yet, but I expect that if you use something large and not very densely packed, you'll get more of the highlighter effect. The brush I use has very densely packed, almost firm bristles, and obviously I love the results, so if you have this and aren't crazy about it, try it with a different brush and see if that makes a difference. EDIT 03/30/11: This five dollar impulse buy turned into something of a HG for me! I get compliments every time I wear this... not on my makeup, but on how healthy I look, or how nice my skin is looking, or something else of that nature. I'm gonna keep this one in my collection for as long as Hard Candy keeps making it!

I love this stuff. I'm very very pale, so it does work as a blush for me, but it takes more work to get it to show up than some other blushes. It gives your face a nice glow and is much cheaper than MAC MSF (it's also nice that it's available at Wal-Mart; pretty convenient). As other reviewers have said, this product is very frosty - so keep that in mind when applying or deciding to purchase. It's definitely more "frost" than "shimmer."

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff. I have olive skin and so when I saw it, even tho it's a blush, its so frosty that I bought it with the intention of using it as a highlighter and it works wonderfully. I bought this a few months ago at walmart and then bought Mac's soft and gentle mineralize skin finish and I admit, I like this stuff better. Its very frosty so I can't imagine using it as a blush alone because its more frosty shimmery than it has pink pigment... I dunno who could use it as a blush but as a highlighter, it works GREAT and is a great alternative to the more expensive brands. I use it with a highlighter brush and a pump of mac fix spray and it just goes on so nice and even. It gives me the perfect glow, I get compliments on my skin all the time which leaves me feeling like I made a great purchase. I highly recommend it as a highlighter. I've been using it for months and have hardly made a dent in it. Has a pretty good amount of product and the packaging is super cute.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This was a bit of a disappointment after Pin Up, which I love and use almost every day. Honeymoon is much lighter, and doesn't have as much depth. I'm very pale and couldn't use this as a blush, so I don't know who it's designed for ! But it does make a pretty pink highlighter.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I like this blush a lot, although I do find that I have to load on a lot of product to get it to show up. This is the only color I have tried so maybe its just the color. I dont know, but when you do get enough on its very pretty.

I was hoping this blush would be SUPER peachy...but it wasnt =( It was more of a sheer shimmery champaigne color, not peach at all! It took me a while to try this all over my cheek cuz I didnt want to look like silver on my cheek. I tried it out on my cheek today & thought there was no color, just a sheer glow. Soooooo I guess this product will only work for me as a highlight. Kinda sucks cuz I really wanted it to be more pigmented in the peach side. Other than that it lasted all day. The packaging is a lil bulky, but pretty. Im hoping to try out other stuff in their line the next time I go to Wal Mart.

I don't actually use this as a blush. I use it as a highlighter for my face. It is a pretty peachy color. Love it.

Nicely packaged (if a little cheap-looking), decently-priced, pretty little highlighter/blush. It's a frosty peach, less pigmented than I expected, and very shimmery. Not glittery, which I hate, but shimmery, which I adore. It could work as a very faint blush by itself, but I like to brush it on over cream blushes for a little shimmery highlight.

I really want this in Pin-Up as well, if I ever see one that isn't smashed to bits.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really Love this blush/highlighter, Packaging is cute a little too bulky but not too bad. I Got it a months ago while shopping at Walmart, and Im so far loving it. I pretty much stopped using it because I been sticking to my MAC's By Candlelight MSF lately, but I will definitely go back and use again and agin. It gives my cheeks a beautiful glow(NC30 mac shade), some ladies at work asked me the other day, what I had on my cheeks that looked so beautiful!! I love getting compliments about my makeup it always makes me feel I bought the right thing and not waisted my money on something it just didn't work for me. I usually apply this on top of blush to highlight my cheeks and it just gives me that beautiful Glow i will definitely purchase this again, and the best part is that is cheap, great bargain hunter purchase!!

Top Rated Hard Candy Products