Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush - Living Doll

4.1

mica, talc, mineral oil, dimethicone, magnesium aluminum, silicate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May contain ( /-): Titanum dioxide (Ci 77891), iron oxides (ci77491, ci77492, ci77499).

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

My favorite shade of blush! Very beautiful swirls of pinks. Will be perfect for summer!

on 4/17/2011 3:33:00 PM

Very pretty pink blush. I love the swirl of different shades of pink. Gives me a nice flush. Good quanity for the money. I was a little irritated when the hinge for the cover broke.

on 4/14/2011 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Living Doll is a light/mid-tone cotton candy pink with yellow veining. Although the color is quite cool, it doesn't seem to look ashy on my warm skintone. The blush itself is very soft, and has the consistency of an average baked blush. In comparison to MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes, I would say they are quite similar, but MAC is a little more dense, whereas Hard Candy is a bit more sheer and powdery. Because the texture is so soft, the color blends effortlessly on the cheeks. That's the main reason I love baked blushes, powder and eye shadows & gravitate towards them when I'm shopping for makeup. This blush is sheer with a light coat, and can built very easily. I wasn't at all disappointed with the color payoff. The finish is quite frosty, but I personally don't mind frost on the cheeks as long as it's not too frosty, where it will give my cheeks a silvery/gray cast. It's ultimately up to you preference wise. I know there are people who hate MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes because they are frosty, but I love them and wished I owned every one of them.. haha! The only downside is that it's not very long wearing and seems to fade significantly after 4 hours of wear. Therefore, I like applying it over a different blush to add a nice pink sheen. Here's the color swatched heavily on my hand: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qt797FwbpzE/TaYSuNwr4EI/AAAAAAAABXU/NcloFPSJ5Zg/s1600/swatchld.jpg

I feel this blush would be really nice on someone with a very pale or porcelain complexion. It looks sooo beautiful in the packaging, however when applied it is extremely sheer and it takes A LOT of layering for it to show up on myself. I would not repurchase.

on 4/9/2011 4:33:00 PM

I love the packaging, love the colour, and love how much you get for the price.
...but it's so ridiculously sheer. It takes a good amount of work to get it to show up. Depends on what kind of blush you like, I guess. I prefer more pigmented ones though.

on 4/9/2011 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here is my combination: I have black hair and very yellow skin-NC30. This is a beautful blush in the pan but it did not show on me very well. I wear ELDW in Tawny and this is hardly noticeable on my foundation. It is very shimmery. I use this as an eye shadow and mix it with my other blushes to bring down the intensity of my other darker blushes so it is not a complete miss for me.

on 3/13/2011 11:40:00 PM

One of my favorite blushes. It is bright pink, and the shimmer to it gives more of a glow on me than a shimmer. Lasts all day and can be built up in intensity. I personally use a dense flat topped brush to kind of pack the color on when I want it to really stand out. Very reasonably priced considering it's huge! Unfortunately it does break very easily, the rounded top broke right off (all in one "sheet") but I was able to leave it on top and continue to use very easily. I would definitely buy again if I ever were to run out.

on 3/13/2011 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this blush! I have been searching for ages for a pink blush that would actually show up on my skin. Comparing this to my MAC Hello Kitty blush in Pretty Baby, Living doll wins hands down. I will admit that isn't really fair because Living Doll is a mineralized blush and Pretty Baby is not.

I got this blush on a whim because I had heard good reviews about it and it was rather cheap to give it a try. It works wonders I only need two passes to get a nice glow to my cheeks and it has an amazing stay power. I like it because I have this weird combination under tones of pink and yellow and this is a shade that I can wear without looking like I have roseacia so I really enjoy it, and for under $10 it was well worth the investment.

on 3/13/2011 1:32:00 PM

So, being a die hard UD fan and finding out that they carried Hard Candy at Walmart... I rushed right over. Unfortunately, the Walmart I went to was very picked over and I actually went for concealer, but they didn't have any. But, I couldn't let that trip go to waste and this was one of the things I picked up. And let me just say that I am in love. :) Its a very, very pretty pink color with some gold shimmer. It looks very pretty on my pale skin and on my tan skin. And the color is buildable and very pigmented. I think I found a new fave. Plus, its Urban quality and super cheap... What's not to love?? I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out and I will buying some more Hard Candy.

on 3/8/2011 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This blush gives me a somewhat enhanced flush to my cheeks, not super natural, but not. Pigmentation is good, the shimmer doesn't really register on my skin though. Very good blush, only reason not rebuying is because I want to move over to cream blushes, also this will take years to use up.

Popular Blush Products