October 21, 2014 | 2083 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! Greasy, and hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by WyllowL

I got a sample/travel sized tube of this a while back in one of those little sets Hard Candy has (lip gloss, bronze/blush, primer, etc.) and I liked it at first. Then I broke out. I didn't think anything of it at first because I'd had a few random breakouts, but it continued to happen each time I used it. It also felt oily, but with the tiny tube it was almost impossible to shake it up well. For $6 or so, I'm willing to give it another shot because maybe mine was bad, or maybe it was just because it was a tiny tube. It did work very well at keeping my foundation looking smooth, though. I just wouldn't recommend it to people with oily/breakout prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It does what it says. I use it under MAC Studio Fix powder foundation and it goes on smoother and stays a bit longer then without it. A little bit goes a long way... so don't squeeze out more then a pea size amount if using for your entire face..(big pea). So far it hasn't broken me out yet or caused clogged pores. ..This is my first time using a primer so I can't compare it to anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, this product does what it says it does, and for that I would buy it again. It helps keep your make-up on, and better than no primer at all. Howevr, after trying the Monistat Chafing gel, I will use that instead! The Hardcandy makes my face feel oily and leaves my face somewhat shiny. The Monistat stuff is cheaper, works BETTER (even after my 4 hour Sunday afternoon naps), and does not make my face feel like it has a shiny, oily mask on it. But, Hard Candy does what it claims to do, I just like the other better...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nope, definitely not for oily or sensitive skin. It's a weird texture, but sort of nice. It's very greasy feeling though. It doesn't look greasy on the skin, but it felt like I just rubbed olive oil on my face when I used it. That didn't bother me much because it looked okay and my foundation went on very smooth and nice. But two things are keeping me from ever using this again. 1) Two hours later and my makeup was literally melting off of my face. Not good when it's only 30 degrees outside. I wore this to class and by the time I got home--maybe five hours after application--there were streaks all over my face and my foundation caked up so badly on my cheeks and forehead, my pores looked the size of the grand canyon and my face now looked like I had olive oil slathered everywhere. No go. And 2) It broke me out all over my cheeks, from my cheekbones down to my jawline. Not big, ugly spots, but tiny little whiteheads all over. It almost looks like a rash, it's terrible. I'm disappointed that this didn't work for me because it seems like a great primer at a great price...but it's definitely not for my skintype at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit I've had this primer for a while and was ready to toss it, but I can't afford the primer I've used and loved in the past (Laura Mercier). I agree with all the previous reviewers who said to Shake it well before applying and just apply a pea sized amount. I guess that's why I wasn't liking it before..It is a bit runny and if it's not shaken just feels oily and yucky. I applied it (after shaking it), let it sink in for 6-7 minutes and then applied my liquid foundation and it felt like velvet=) Am very happy I read the reviews and am giving it another chance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I was looking for a cheaper alternative to my sephora smooth and mattifying primer (15ml for 19$cdn). I saw this on youtube and heard that it was good for use as an undereye primer. I really like the texture. You only need a small amount and it does a great job in creating a silky surface for your concealer to glide over. It does come out a bit chunky at first and I've had experience with just pure liquid coming out one time as well!! It probably needs to be more thoroughly mixed before packaging...kinda unstable :( But the shot of liquid that came out, i just used a paper towel to absorb as much as i could, and give it a good shake before i use it each time and problem solved!! For the price, i would rebuy again...and also due to the fact that it has NOT broke me out! I have sensitive skin and most products tend to clog my pores or break me out >_<" I have become a huge Hard Candy fan lol!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MellowJello20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love love love this product! I have normal/dry acne prone skin (although recently my skin has been fairly clear) and I have used this product for about a year. I am in love with it. You know how they say, "a little dab will do ya"? Well, it's so true. Don't over use this product. It slides easily over the skin and you don't have to use much at all. I use a pea sized amount for my entire face. It really evens out the texture of my skin and it has never broken me out. I will say this, I only use the original formula. I did try the "illuminating" formula, but it has bits of glitter in it and it felt rough on my skin. It broke me out and I will not use that again.

But I LOVE the original Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer. It's a great bargain and a good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by alinguyen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the silky texture this primer gives to my face and it helped my makeup up and eye shadows stay all day long. Very affordable primer. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by takingbacktuesdday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is a great cheap primer! I found this at my Walmart for about 8 bucks and it has 1.6 oz of product, pretty good deal if you ask me! The packaging is nothing special, a flip top squeeze tube, but it gets the job done.I give it a 4 because I really haven't noticed my makeup staying on any longer ( I really don't have and problems with it wearing off) but I do notice my makeup going on way smoother and evenly. It aso smooths out any flakies that get missed! Overall an awesome product and a great bargain!