December 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by missfrancescarose

This is by far my favorite skin primer! I have combination skin and this works wonders for me! It makes my foundation last all day long :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

Didn't like this that much. I have oily skin and this is about the worst primer for oily skin. The texture is weird-- it's like petroleum jelly, almost. It had a lot of grease. And I didn't really see a difference whether or not I put it on under makeup. Thank God it was cheap-- wouldn't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lehartley1203

Not recommended if you have oily/combination skin. It causes my skin to break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Jacqu1em

Not much to complain about with this product, has never broken my sensitive skin out and seems to do a decent job of filling in the fine lines on my forehead and underneath my eyes, as well as the pores around my nose area. Only took one lippie off as I wish it had more oil-absorbing properties for the Summer. Other than that will probably repurchase unless something else strikes my fancy! x

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product! Greasy, and hard to blend.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by WyllowL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample/travel sized tube of this a while back in one of those little sets Hard Candy has (lip gloss, bronze/blush, primer, etc.) and I liked it at first. Then I broke out. I didn't think anything of it at first because I'd had a few random breakouts, but it continued to happen each time I used it. It also felt oily, but with the tiny tube it was almost impossible to shake it up well. For $6 or so, I'm willing to give it another shot because maybe mine was bad, or maybe it was just because it was a tiny tube. It did work very well at keeping my foundation looking smooth, though. I just wouldn't recommend it to people with oily/breakout prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It does what it says. I use it under MAC Studio Fix powder foundation and it goes on smoother and stays a bit longer then without it. A little bit goes a long way... so don't squeeze out more then a pea size amount if using for your entire face..(big pea). So far it hasn't broken me out yet or caused clogged pores. ..This is my first time using a primer so I can't compare it to anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, this product does what it says it does, and for that I would buy it again. It helps keep your make-up on, and better than no primer at all. Howevr, after trying the Monistat Chafing gel, I will use that instead! The Hardcandy makes my face feel oily and leaves my face somewhat shiny. The Monistat stuff is cheaper, works BETTER (even after my 4 hour Sunday afternoon naps), and does not make my face feel like it has a shiny, oily mask on it. But, Hard Candy does what it claims to do, I just like the other better...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nope, definitely not for oily or sensitive skin. It's a weird texture, but sort of nice. It's very greasy feeling though. It doesn't look greasy on the skin, but it felt like I just rubbed olive oil on my face when I used it. That didn't bother me much because it looked okay and my foundation went on very smooth and nice. But two things are keeping me from ever using this again. 1) Two hours later and my makeup was literally melting off of my face. Not good when it's only 30 degrees outside. I wore this to class and by the time I got home--maybe five hours after application--there were streaks all over my face and my foundation caked up so badly on my cheeks and forehead, my pores looked the size of the grand canyon and my face now looked like I had olive oil slathered everywhere. No go. And 2) It broke me out all over my cheeks, from my cheekbones down to my jawline. Not big, ugly spots, but tiny little whiteheads all over. It almost looks like a rash, it's terrible. I'm disappointed that this didn't work for me because it seems like a great primer at a great price...but it's definitely not for my skintype at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have to admit I've had this primer for a while and was ready to toss it, but I can't afford the primer I've used and loved in the past (Laura Mercier). I agree with all the previous reviewers who said to Shake it well before applying and just apply a pea sized amount. I guess that's why I wasn't liking it before..It is a bit runny and if it's not shaken just feels oily and yucky. I applied it (after shaking it), let it sink in for 6-7 minutes and then applied my liquid foundation and it felt like velvet=) Am very happy I read the reviews and am giving it another chance.