August 27, 2014 | 2016 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ikissenglish

I liked this. I purchased the darkest black and still wish it could be a little more black, not as grey, but it's still good. Really lengthening, not much smudging, I don't like the little clump of mascara that always catches onto the tip of the brush as I pull it out, but oh well. also I have asian eyes and this mascara always transfers onto my eyelids during the application process, so gotta watch out for that too. Will try Voluminous Carbon Black in the near future to see how that mascara works for volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this due to the overwhelming love it gets on Makeup Alley. It's not promoted as much as Lash Blast (which I HATE with a passion). I don't hate Lash Blast for its formula; I simply cannot stand the HUGE brush!

I usually only buy waterproof formulas. I couldn't find this in waterproof so I just bought the regular formula in black. It's way down on the bottom of the Cover Girl display, you have to really hunt to find it.

This is good thickening mascara that must be paired with lengthening mascara IMHO. I used Almay Get up and Grow, and then used this on top. The result is gorgeous...long and full lashes! I highly recommend pairing these two mascaras together. Until Makeup Alley, I never in a million years would have used two mascaras together, I never would have mixed two foundations together and I never would have discovered half of the great products that have found. I heart Makeup Alley!

This is good thickening mascara that is easy to remove and does not make your lashes stiff and crunchy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by zmat2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Major flaking!!! Ugh. This is my first Cover Girl mascara and probably the last. It applies nicely, with no clumps but just an hour later I find these annoying flakes under my lower lashes. Eight hours later, there is almost no mascara left on my lower lashes. It's all turned into flakes and is sitting on the skin. And I don't rub my eyes at all. I have blond lashes, so it looks horrible with little black particles sitting here and there and white lashes showing through. I will try applying a base first next time and hopefully that will help some. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by blearghk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's okay for everyday use. I like how cheap it is, and how it is light and does not clump, flake off, or take off lashes. But it's not super great for me - the very black isn't really "very black" and for me it lengthens much more than any thickening effect, so I still have to fill in a bit with eyeliner. It's so, so un-waterproof that any tears are a disaster, although that does mean that it is super easy to wash off too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

oh yes. definitiely will buy.
this is a great product. no smudges, good consistency, great price
this along with the lashperfection mascara also by cg are soooooo good, it's hard to choose which one to use each day.
look at the bottom of the shelf-they are there
I'm very impressed with these mascaras

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use this when I was in high school and that was the last time I used it. I went back to this mascara and I think its okay it's just not my thing. I love lots of volume and although this is called Super Thick it should be called Super Long because it doesn't make my lashes thick it just makes them long. My lashes are already long so I don't need that. I like that it doesn't clump and leave tiny black specks like other mascaras. I would not repurchase this mascara I will be continue using my fave mascara at the moment which is the L'oreal Voluminous mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahhayes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My new HG mascara! I have tried a lot of high-end mascaras and prefer this any day. It doesn't clump, flake or smear for me. It thickens and lengthens my lashes with two quick coats! It's also easy to remove, which is important to me. Other mascaras were impossible to remove and I can't stand that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MsKB112

I was having one of those awful days where every mascara I tried on my lashes was making them look clumpy and spidery. I had a few in rotation that started out wonderful, and after a week or so began to suck. I had this little baby in my stash since I had picked it up on sale for $4 CAD after reading reviews here on MUA. Just when I was completely desperate and thought that I would be going to work sans mascara (the horror!), I decided to open this up and give it a whirl. Thankfully it saved the day, and I completely understand the awesome ratings that it has received. My lashes are naturally long and quite full, so I like a mascara that just adds a bit more volume and definition, as well as makes my lashes darker. I used this in very black and while I will admit that it is not as black as I would prefer for a night out (like Voluminous Carbon Black for instance, if only it didn't smudge like crazy), it is perfect for everyday wear. I am always trying out new mascaras looking for my HG mascara, and while it is a bit too soon to call this HG, you really cannot beat it for the price. It made my lashes thicker without clumping, and it's completely buildable. Also, it's super easy to wash off with just a normal face cleanser. I actually did a double-take in the mirror after washing my face one morning. I normally need to go over my eye area with some eye MU remover even after my cleanser, but it had removed all of this mascara easily, which is a bonus for me because it saves me time in the morning. Definitely give this one a try! For the price, you can't beat it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this in Very Black, and loved it! It thickened my lashes, and still looked natural :) This mascara is also very bulidable (w/o clumps), and easy to wash off...it is a bit smudgy though :P I think I'm going to try the waterproof, I was very pleased w/ this though! To me, the price is kind of high...but the quality is worth it imo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by oedipamass

I have tried countless mascaras that are lovely until the inevitable panda eyes. The only mascara that doesn't smudge on me is Blinc, but it leaves me with skinny, straight lashes. I have tried Lancome, Clinique, Smashbox, Diorshow, Tarte, on and on ugh... Never again! I have never found a HG product as the drugstore, but there's a first for everything!