April 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Treatments - One 'n Only - Argan Oil Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolute HG for me! I have very processed blonde hair that is fine, but dry. This product makes my hair look and feel sooo much healthier. Even DH noticed immediately when I started using this. I use a small amount on wer hair, then a little more on my ends after I blowdry. I did have a little trouble the first few times I used it, figuring out how much to use. Too much will make my hair look greasy. Also, for me, it is best to keep it mainly on the ends. The only thing that would improve this product would be if it had a pump. That would make it easier to control the amount to use. I will absolutely rebuy this over and over!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by cocofern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is flat out amazing. I never got into the argan oil hype mostly due to price and I didn't think that it was very different from any other serum I have tried since they have all performed relatively the same.

I purchased a small bottle of this at Sally's for $6. The first few times I tried it I was not impressed at all. I used it on both damp and dry hair and didn't see much difference in my hair from Ion Silk (which is what I typically use). I like the scent... it's different from all my other products, kinda musky but doesn't linger too long.

I recently purchased a new blowdryer as well with a more powerful cool shot. The last couple of times I washed my hair I applied this product after my hair had dried about half way. I then dry my hair completely on the warm setting, and for the last couple of minutes I blast it with the cool shot. After I did this my hair felt beyond amazing. It was soooo amazingly soft, straight, shiny, and silky I couldn't believe it. This product makes my hair feel better than protein treatments and makes it look better than any other serum I've tried (and I've tried a lot of them).

The best result is that it makes my hair look better for days. With other products I need to wash my hair more frequently because it loses moisture so quickly and I end up with a brittle, dry, tangled mess. This product keeps my hair smooth and shiny for days. I will absolutely repurchase a larger bottle next time. Even though it's expensive I feel this product is worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by missaboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To me this is the best thing invented since shampoo and conditioner. This is the only thing I have found that makes my blonde hair shine and feel like silk! My hair is color treated and dry on the ends. My hair drinks this oil up. No residues or greasy feel. Takes away frizz and fly-aways. I apply a pea size amount and that is perfect for my almost-shoulder-length hair. I also apply from my ends up to the hair near my ears to ensure no greasy roots. I paid $9.49 for my bottle, but it is going to last me a very long time. So it's a really great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product really softens my curly hair and keeps frizz away. The scent is nice and the oil is not really greasy. I like that it doesnīt leave hair oily but just soft. You just have to figure out the amount your hair needs. I have long curly hair and lots of it, so I use about two dimed-sized amounts in wet hair. I warm it up in my hands and the spread it all through muy hair, putting special atention on the ends. I have bad split ends and this kind of covers them. The only complaint I have is that it doesnīt make my hair shiny. I guess it works better if you blow dry or flat iron, but I just wear my hair curly and it doesnīt shine. Thatīs why I took off a lippie. Itīs dirt cheap for the amount of product you get, especially if you consider a bottle can last for months. I actually love the package, it looks kind of antique and you get just the amount of oil you want. You have to consider this isnīt really a treatment but more of a styling product. The amount of argan oil in it is minimal, and itīs mostly just īcones, so if you want a real solution for damaged hair this is not it. Also if youīre trying the CG method or avoiding īcons and looking for a green/ natural product I donīt recommend this. Overall, great product.
UPDATE: After only a few days I donīt like it anymore. It made my hair dull and weighed down my curls. I guess this works for straight or straightened hair :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by moxie_star

The question is: Argan Oil... where have you been all my life!?
Love, love, love it!

This product tames my unruly hair like a fierce lion tamer. Most leave in treatments leave my hair... I mean it... it leaves my hair, fades into oblivion. With this product, the cliche of "a little goes a long way" is true. It repaired, smooths, softened and strengthened my dry, thick, brittle, frizzy, overworked hair. My HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by aadalbel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the best knock off of moroccan oil at a fraction of the price. same scent too. stopped using biosilk since it has alcohol in it

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by allisonisbored

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I use about a billion different products on my hair every day and recently added One n' Only to that mix. I don't use it as a heat protectant, but rather just smooth a dime-sized amount onto my hair after I've blown it out and flat-ironed it. Weird? Maybe.. but it really cuts down on flyaways, smells amazing, and makes my hair shine like you wouldn't believe.

It's cheap. I'll probably buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The SA at Sally Beauty supply recommended this product to me when I mentioned I was looking for the original Moroccan Oil. Unfortunately, this product seems more like a serum than an oil. This product is fine as a serum but if you like the more "oily" consistency of the MO, then this won't be a dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lallen08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Morrocanoil but I can't bring myself to spend so much on a styling product. One n Only is the best knock off I've found. My husband (who also loves Morrocanoil, so we use buckets of it) and I did a comparison test of Morrocanoil, One n Only, and Proclaim and this one came out on top. It smells the same and, although it's not quite as fabulous as the original, it's so close that it's not worth the extra bank to pay for Morrocanoil. Proclaim didn't come close.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by classicqueen

After using Biosilk for a while and not being overly happy with the results, my hairdresser used Moroccan oil in my hair the last time I was in and I was hooked. I hunted all over for it and saw that argan oil was very similar and being a former customer of Sally's, found they had this line with great reviews on their website. I bought the smallest bottle (travel size - 59 ml 2 ounces) in case it didn't work for me. I starting using Herbal Essences Colour Me Happy (I have loads of unused shampoo and conditioner) and I was worried that my hair would be a giant poof mess once blow dried. I used the oil prior to blow drying and my hair looks like it does direct from the salon. When I straighten it, it look shiny and healthy with very little frizz. I can blow dry it with no styling afterwards and it looks nice, wavy and healthy. I highly recommend this product for people who suffer from frizz, flyaways and poofy hair after blow drying.